Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Metalhead123 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:16 am

I sent my audition to the long shot yesterday but I thought I should also post it here http://picosong.com/69yS/
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:31 am

Still waiting for a couple more auditions to get submitted (specifically those of Heroins and Celice), then I'll post the results. Still thinking over some of these decisions; none of them were bad, but I need to ensure that the pitching will be really accurate.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:44 am

The Long Shot wrote:Still waiting for a couple more auditions to get submitted (specifically those of Heroins and Celice), then I'll post the results. Still thinking over some of these decisions; none of them were bad, but I need to ensure that the pitching will be really accurate.
I'm going to do mine tonight, hopefully
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DinosaurMan on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:17 am

I think I'm going to pull out. All this discussion over countertenors and whiny voices has got me insecure. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who can sing my part better than me. I'm just going to continue practicing on my own for a while. Good luck!

DinosaurMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:28 am

DinosaurMan wrote:I think I'm going to pull out.
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:16 am

DinosaurMan wrote:I think I'm going to pull out. All this discussion over countertenors and whiny voices has got me insecure. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who can sing my part better than me. I'm just going to continue practicing on my own for a while. Good luck!

Whatever you choose, but know that I likely would have accepted you in. Pitch-wise you were very solid.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:38 am

The Long Shot wrote:Still waiting for a couple more auditions to get submitted (specifically those of Heroins and Celice), then I'll post the results. Still thinking over some of these decisions; none of them were bad, but I need to ensure that the pitching will be really accurate.

http://picosong.com/6V8u/ Because I just got to beat Celice to the party. Wink Good luck man, can't lie though, this is an extremely tough challenge you've presented to yourself. If you can make this sound good you have all our respect.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:10 pm

The Great Heroins wrote:

http://picosong.com/6V8u/ Because I just got to beat Celice to the party. Wink Good luck man, can't lie though, this is an extremely tough challenge you've presented to yourself.  If you can make this sound good you have all our respect.

I'll do my best, I promise you that.

BTW: you're in, but any chance you could get me that other part ("Beelzebub") recorded just for completion's sake?
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:05 pm

I've borrowed a mic but haven't tried recording yet: it's late at night here now, so I'll have a go at a sensible time of day so as not to awaken my neighbours.
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DinosaurMan on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:27 pm

The Long Shot wrote:
DinosaurMan wrote:I think I'm going to pull out. All this discussion over countertenors and whiny voices has got me insecure. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who can sing my part better than me. I'm just going to continue practicing on my own for a while. Good luck!

Whatever you choose, but know that I likely would have accepted you in. Pitch-wise you were very solid.

I'll fill a part if you need me to, since I agreed to do it earlier. Otherwise you can let one of the better singers take my part.

DinosaurMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:37 pm

http://picosong.com/6VpG/ here is the other part.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:54 pm

DinosaurMan wrote:
The Long Shot wrote:

I'll fill a part if you need me to, since I agreed to do it earlier. Otherwise you can let one of the better singers take my part.

Again, for the sake of diversity, no one person is going to be assigned a specific part; we're going to have several different people do each part (with multiple takes of each voice layered over one another). So even if you're uncomfortable with the sound of your voice, we can work you in to the parts you'd like to/feel comfortable with singing and mix you into the pseudo-choir we have going on.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DinosaurMan on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:11 pm

The Long Shot wrote:
DinosaurMan wrote:
The Long Shot wrote:

Again, for the sake of diversity, no one person is going to be assigned a specific part; we're going to have several different people do each part (with multiple takes of each voice layered over one another). So even if you're uncomfortable with the sound of your voice, we can work you in to the parts you'd like to/feel comfortable with singing and mix you into the pseudo-choir we have going on.

Ah, okay. If I'm buried in the mix then I would like to sing some parts.

DinosaurMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:40 am

DinosaurMan wrote:
The Long Shot wrote:
DinosaurMan wrote:
The Long Shot wrote:

Ah, okay. If I'm buried in the mix then I would like to sing some parts.

Cool beans. So right now Anibal, Heroins and DinosaurMan are the three that are in for sure; I'm still thinking over the other audition tapes.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Setzer on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:58 am

Are we allowed to inhale helium and autotune afterwards?
Setzer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:36 am

Setzer wrote:Are we allowed to inhale helium and autotune afterwards?

I'd rather have everyone use helium than use Autotune.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:58 am

I don't know if I'm too late for this or not, but I'm interested in taking part in this.

So do I just send in a clip of me singing a section of the song? (I don't know exactly how this is working, I only really skimmed through the previous eight pages of this thread.)
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:45 am

The Toasted Turkey wrote:I don't know if I'm too late for this or not, but I'm interested in taking part in this.

So do I just send in a clip of me singing a section of the song? (I don't know exactly how this is working, I only really skimmed through the previous eight pages of this thread.)

Nah, you're not too late. Just tell me your comfortable vocal range and I'll give you a couple of parts to record for "audition purposes" (we're doing this to ensure that everybody involved can at least sing in tune.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:07 pm

Okay. I'm generally pretty comfortable in the baritone and bass range, although I can also sing some lower tenor stuff if need be. My lowest comfortable note is usually C♯2 or D2, and my highest comfortable notes tends to be around F4 in chest and B4 when mixed (I can go up decently high in falsetto, but I'd like to avoid doing the really high stuff if I can).
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:55 am

The Long Shot wrote:Again, for the sake of diversity, no one person is going to be assigned a specific part; we're going to have several different people do each part (with multiple takes of each voice layered over one another). So even if you're uncomfortable with the sound of your voice, we can work you in to the parts you'd like to/feel comfortable with singing and mix you into the pseudo-choir we have going on.
Are you sure that'll work?
niqqer wrote:
Spoiler:
That was a little harsh, but I understand his concerns.
I know my recordings aren't good, so I won't feel at all offended if you want to confine me to just one or two easy bits.
https://soundcloud.com/irene-mciver/celice-sings-beelzebub-part-4/s-MIC2A
https://soundcloud.com/irene-mciver/celice-sings-poor-boy-part-6/s-Mmwks
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:32 am

Celice wrote:
The Long Shot wrote:Again, for the sake of diversity, no one person is going to be assigned a specific part; we're going to have several different people do each part (with multiple takes of each voice layered over one another). So even if you're uncomfortable with the sound of your voice, we can work you in to the parts you'd like to/feel comfortable with singing and mix you into the pseudo-choir we have going on.
Are you sure that'll work?
niqqer wrote:
Spoiler:
That was a little harsh, but I understand his concerns.
I know my recordings aren't good, so I won't feel at all offended if you want to confine me to just one or two easy bits.
https://soundcloud.com/irene-mciver/celice-sings-beelzebub-part-4/s-MIC2A
https://soundcloud.com/irene-mciver/celice-sings-poor-boy-part-6/s-Mmwks

Yes, I am, which is why I'm being stingy about pitch. The margin for error is going to be very minimal.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:45 pm

The mixing will get really complicated! Tiphat I guess the intro section would be the most difficult to reproduce. Just out of curiosity, how many parts does your arrangement have for that?
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:08 pm

Celice wrote:The mixing will get really complicated! Tiphat I guess the intro section would be the most difficult to reproduce. Just out of curiosity, how many parts does your arrangement have for that?

Four, I believe.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChillShaman on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:28 pm

I'd quite like to do some of the low parts if that's still an option? Anything from C2-E4 is good for me. Smile Alternatively, I don't mind being part of the falsetto choir. I do however, disagree with the inclusion of the B♭6/7. It's cool that they can be reached, but I really don't think they're necessary. The B♭5 in the original is tasteful, and perfectly executed in that studio environment, I don't think a B♭6/7 could be performed with a similar quality. I'm really not one for rangewanking where it's not necessary. After all, we don't need me adding Bismillahs an octave below the original do we?
ChillShaman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:09 pm

Ollie wrote:I'd quite like to do some of the low parts if that's still an option? Anything from C2-E4 is good for me. Smile Alternatively, I don't mind being part of the falsetto choir. I do however, disagree with the inclusion of the B♭6/7. It's cool that they can be reached, but I really don't think they're necessary. The B♭5 in the original is tasteful, and perfectly executed in that studio environment, I don't think a B♭6/7 could be performed with a similar quality. I'm really not one for rangewanking where it's not necessary. After all, we don't need me adding Bismillahs an octave below the original do we?

Oh. I thought everyone realized that adding the sixth and seventh octave stuff was nothing more than a joke? Yeah, you can join in; I just need to make sure you can stay in tune well enough. I'll message you the "audition" parts as soon as I can.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top