Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  The Long Shot on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:45 am

Alright, so here's the thing: while a lot of my posts on here are on threads related to acappella singers, my taste does go beyond that, believe it or not. As my avatar shows, I'm a huge Queen fan as well. And for ages upon ages, I've been wanting to do a legit cover of "Bohemian Rhapsody", but I didn't have the connections or the people to work with. Welp...that has changed. Back in August, a few friends from my personal life and I organized a collaboration of Bohemian Rhapsody, 100% note-for-note. All instruments have been covered (several of them have been recorded already; we've actually been able to obtain a professional-grade recording studio for this), and we have some vocalists lined up as well. So why am I mentioning this to you all?

The answer: I know this board is absolutely packed with Queen fans. As in: you can't post in a thread without running into a Metalhead or a Lurex or a queenfan somewhere. I also know that a fair amount of you are at least capable singers. And while I already have a few vocalists lined up, let me remind you that this is Queen we are talking about: the more the merrier if it helps us achieve that choral sound. So it seems only natural that I would turn to this board to see if any more vocalists could be recruited.

The logistics: I have the entire vocal harmonies for the song transcribed on sheet music; however, if you can't read music, there are ways we can get around that. Basically you'd just be recording your part at home (whatever part you want that fits your range) and then sending it back to me. Once we get everything done on my end (we've been on a sort of sabbatical as of late because of school and work and other shit), we'll incorporate your vocals into the final mix. The only caveat is this: the quality of your recording has to be at least usable. If your mic is completely shitty and hisses and crackles a lot, we likely won't be able to use it.

So yeah. I hope this piques the interest of some of you. If you're interested, just let me know! (And even if no one here is interested, I'll probably post the cover here once we're done with it, so you'd be able to see it regardless.)

Last edited by The Long Shot on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  The Great Heroins on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:24 am

Cool idea, it will be tough to pull off though.  You would need to set some requirements for being featured unless you want a huge out of tune mess.  Harmonies require pitch precision and that is something that not a lot of people here will be able to do casually unless they specifically practice their part and really nail it.  Not trying to be pessimistic, I'd like for you to succeed but I have some experience with these kind of online collabs and they take a lot of planning.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:01 am

The Great Heroins wrote:Cool idea, it will be tough to pull off though.  You would need to set some requirements for being featured unless you want a huge out of tune mess.  Harmonies require pitch precision and that is something that not a lot of people here will be able to do casually unless they specifically practice their part and really nail it.  Not trying to be pessimistic, I'd like for you to succeed but I have some experience with these kind of online collabs and they take a lot of planning.

Oh, you're absolutely right. If someone pipes up and says, "hey, I wanna do it", I'll want to hear them sing one of the parts to gauge how well they can learn them. If that person is really off key and/or just bad-sounding in general, yeah, I wouldn't accept their submissions. If there is a slight or even moderate amount of variance in their singing, I might still accept them. "Bohemian Rhapsody"'s harmonies have a lot of natural dissonance in them (sometimes as much as a half-step apart), so I don't expect or particularly want all of the collaborators to be hitting the notes perfectly every time.

As for learning parts, yeah, those who want to do it will have to put in a bit of time, but what helps is that I actually did most of my transcribing from a guy on YouTube that dissected the entire song and sings each individual part. So learning parts wouldn't be as difficult as it might be otherwise.

No offense, but I'll also say that anyone from TRP that successfully joins the collab will almost certainly be doing backing/harmony vocals only unless they really blow me out of the water. We have soloists picked out for almost the entire song already and I don't plan on changing them.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:20 am

inb4 obvious choices. this will be cool though
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:19 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:inb4 obvious choices. this will be cool though

Good to have you. Smile
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:30 am

The Long Shot wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:inb4 obvious choices. this will be cool though

Good to have you. Smile
Cheers
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:40 am

I'd like to audition, though I don't own a decent mic but I might be able to borrow one.
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:53 am

Celice wrote:I'd like to audition, though I don't own a decent mic but I might be able to borrow one.

Go for it. It's worth a shot. Smile
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:55 am

Still waiting for the obvious Queen fanboys to notice this thread. @Metalhead123 @queenfan11
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:57 am

Is Greg in on it yet?
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:13 pm

Celice wrote:Is Greg in on it yet?

Unless he's seen this thread, not that I'm aware of.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:14 pm

The Long Shot wrote:Still waiting for the obvious Queen fanboys to notice this thread. @Metalhead123 @queenfan11
Is our beloved queenfan going to sing the legendary Bb5?
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:01 pm

The Long Shot wrote:Still waiting for the obvious Queen fanboys to notice this thread. @Metalhead123 @queenfan11
I noticed. I'm just not confident in my singing abilities.
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:04 pm

Wait, I would like to do the Bb5 actually. http://vocaroo.com/i/s12cWLlocIpx Shit I just contredicted my last post
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:06 pm

I'd like to propose Chris's majestic "AWWWWWWNWNN" to be used as well Yeah!
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:18 pm

Metalhead123 wrote:Wait, I would like to do the Bb5 actually. http://vocaroo.com/i/s12cWLlocIpx Shit I just contredicted my last post

That was actually pretty sweet. I've heard you sing before and your voice is pretty solid as long as you don't strain yourself. Please, do join.

FYI: I do actually have a legit soprano friend that will be doing the Bb5, but man, that was good enough where I could see you both doing it.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:29 pm

The Long Shot wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:Wait, I would like to do the Bb5 actually. http://vocaroo.com/i/s12cWLlocIpx Shit I just contredicted my last post

That was actually pretty sweet. I've heard you sing before and your voice is pretty solid as long as you don't strain yourself. Please, do join.

FYI: I do actually have a legit soprano friend that will be doing the Bb5, but man, that was good enough where I could see you both doing it.
Can I just do a Bb6 or 7 underneath the Bb5 then  Cheeky. Since screaming and wanking are all that I'm good for, it would seem fitting lol.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:38 pm

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
The Long Shot wrote:

Can I just do a Bb6 or 7 underneath the Bb5 then  Cheeky. Since screaming and wanking are all that I'm good for, it would seem fitting lol.

Lol. Listening to some of your covers, your clean range actually is pretty decent. For the purposes of this I'd say it would work well.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:45 pm

Good luck Long Shot. Smile I myself would like to audition to help your project along. I will of course be going for the sexiest, most manliest of all roles in the harmony. Tell me what you think. Wink http://picosong.com/6na7/
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:09 am

I'd like to try the "so you think you can" part
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:17 am

Dead Reb wrote:I'd like to try the "so you think you can" part
Oh you'd nail that, easily Yeah!
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:29 am

The Long Shot wrote:Lol. Listening to some of your covers, your clean range actually is pretty decent. For the purposes of this I'd say it would work well.
Really? Shocked
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:40 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
The Long Shot wrote:Lol. Listening to some of your covers, your clean range actually is pretty decent. For the purposes of this I'd say it would work well.
Really? Shocked

Yeah, sure. Remember that most of you folks are going to be doing backing vocals exclusively; your clean range works quite well for adding layers to the harmony. (Of course, if you wanted to give me a good B♭6 or 7 to see if it's worth adding, I wouldn't deny you that opportunity. Wink )
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:41 am

The Great Heroins wrote:Good luck Long Shot. Smile  I myself would like to audition to help your project along.  I will of course be going for the sexiest, most manliest of all roles in the harmony.  Tell me what you think. Wink http://picosong.com/6na7/

Thumb up
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:51 am

Dead Reb wrote:I'd like to try the "so you think you can" part

Go for it. It's the only lead vocal part that I haven't set in stone. Absolutely worth a shot.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top