Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Soprotiv on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:28 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Soprotiv wrote:
Soprotiv wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Well then lol Cool That's awesome, I'm glad to see I could help a bit. Still get that vocal coach though Yeah!

I sure will man, but hitting the notes while Im warming up is a lot easier than when Im actually singing.. I cant get my throat to stop squeezing up while Im actually singing wtf lol
Probably because you have to articulate the lyrics while singing the notes. Give yourself time; almost noting in singing is instant Cringe

It's disappointing though, I easily hit E5 while doing lip rolls and then trying to sing in the high 4th octave started hurting my throat lol
Yeah, it'll be like that. Also do the ssssssss sound, while trying not to feel it in your throat. That'll help with breathing and support, which can help with relieving throat tension.

Thanks for the advice man, Ill definitely try it out
Soprotiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:39 am

No problem my dude bro, guy... Freak lol.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soprotiv on Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:26 pm

Heyy guys its been awhile.. So I did Adele's Hello.. Its on a different key tho cuz I cant hit G#5 and shit lol

https://www.facebook.com/sopz.numnumnum/videos/vb.1600909739/10206870508753514/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_comment
Soprotiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:22 pm

Soprotiv wrote:Heyy guys its been awhile.. So I did Adele's Hello.. Its on a different key tho cuz I cant hit G#5 and shit lol

https://www.facebook.com/sopz.numnumnum/videos/vb.1600909739/10206870508753514/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_comment
Not bad; hearing you attempt the G#5 would've been cool though. You sound pretty strong on the low end this time too Yeah! , and the high singing sounds easy until you get to the ascending "oOO". That sounded a bit wonky Confused . Other than that, I really enjoyed this cover though! Awesome job
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soprotiv on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:31 pm

Soprotiv wrote:Heyy guys its been awhile.. So I did Adele's Hello.. Its on a different key tho cuz I cant hit G#5 and shit lol

Not bad; hearing you attempt the G#5 would've been cool though. You sound pretty strong on the low end this time too Yeah! , and the high singing sounds easy until you get to the ascending "oOO". That sounded a bit wonky Confused . Other than that, I really enjoyed this cover though! Awesome job

I would love to attempt that G#5 but I cant get anywhere close to it..I can get to like D#5 with a shit ton of strain on my voice and I've hurt my throat while attempting high notes.. Its like this scratching sensation lol Cringe And yeah about the ooOO part it was hard for me to play the guitar and concentrate on my vocals since Im pretty new to the instrument .-. Thanks for the feedback <3
Soprotiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Aw, ok lol. Your low range definitely sounds much stronger than in the previous covers though. Be excited about that I guess Razz And I know the feeling. What I do is to learn all of the vocal melodies and guitar parts seperately, then put them together afterwards.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soprotiv on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:47 pm

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Aw, ok lol. Your low range definitely sounds much stronger than in the previous covers though. Be excited about that I guess Razz And I know the feeling. What I do is to learn all of the vocal melodies and guitar parts seperately, then put them together afterwards.

Thanks so much man Smile I did notice that I can sing lower notes with much more ease now Very Happy I'll definitely use your method the next time I do a cover.. You've been really helpful Smile Thanks a lot Very Happy
Soprotiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:55 pm

Awesome! I'm glad I could help. Maybe soon you'll be singing somd Johnny Cash with ease Razz
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soprotiv on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:04 pm

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Awesome! I'm glad I could help. Maybe soon you'll be singing somd Johnny Cash with ease Razz

Haha I'd like to increase my upper range though... Singing an E5 with ease would be pretty awesome xD
Soprotiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:06 pm

Soprotiv wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Awesome! I'm glad I could help. Maybe soon you'll be singing somd Johnny Cash with ease Razz

Haha I'd like to increase my upper range though... Singing an E5 with ease would be pretty awesome xD
Well, singing E5s with ease is easy. Singing a good sounding E5 with ease is much harder lol. I'd just work the arpeggios on the piano or guitar and build up a solid mix first. Then you can worry about wanking about
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soprotiv on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Soprotiv wrote:

Well, singing E5s with ease is easy. Singing a good sounding E5 with ease is much harder lol. I'd just work the arpeggios on the piano or guitar and build up a solid mix first. Then you can worry about wanking about

Yeah I guess so.. I noticed that I have problems using my mixed voice.. I tend to go from my chest voice to my head voice or falsetto by mistake at times.. Still having a hard time learning how to really use my mixed voice
Soprotiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:53 pm

Soprotiv wrote:
Soprotiv wrote:

Yeah I guess so.. I noticed that I have problems using my mixed voice.. I tend to go from my chest voice to my head voice or falsetto by mistake at times.. Still having a hard time learning how to really use my mixed voice
Well trying to sing everything at a lower volume can help you blend your voice better. Scales are always useful, and yawning is also pretty effective for blending.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soprotiv on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:54 am

So my impatience got the best of me and I ended up recording myself doing a cover of Ashes of Eden by Breaking Benjamin with only an hour of practice..
Here it is
https://soundcloud.com/sop-319306415/voice-003

I hope you guys enjoy it or at least try to because that shit dont sound pleasing to my ears Banghead
Soprotiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:28 am

Soprotiv wrote:So my impatience got the best of me and I ended up recording myself doing a cover of Ashes of Eden by Breaking Benjamin with only an hour of practice..
Here it is

I hope you guys enjoy it or at least try to because that shit dont sound pleasing to my ears Banghead
Besides a few parts feeling a bit rushed, you did a good job with this Yeah! Some of the low singing also sounded slightly out of key, but the high singing didn't sound very pushy. This song was definitely right in your current "money area", with all of the singing sounding comfortable and pleasant. The only major
gripes I have is your rushing, and a few spots where you slur the lyrics a bit. This was still a well done cover, and I'm glad you're back lol.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soprotiv on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:05 pm

Soprotiv wrote:So my impatience got the best of me and I ended up recording myself doing a cover of Ashes of Eden by Breaking Benjamin with only an hour of practice..
Here it is

Besides a few parts feeling a bit rushed, you did a good job with this Yeah! Some of the low singing also sounded slightly out of key, but the high singing didn't sound very pushy. This song was definitely right in your current "money area", with all of the singing sounding comfortable and pleasant. The only major
gripes I have is your rushing, and a few spots where you slur the lyrics a bit. This was still a well done cover, and I'm glad you're back lol.

Thanks man Smile I'll try do a better cover of the song.. Im planning on getting a new guitar since the one I have doesnt sound so nice xD So I decided to wait until I get that one but I got impatient xD I'm glad Im back too Very Happy
Soprotiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:43 am

Soprotiv wrote:
Here it is

Thanks man Smile I'll try do a better cover of the song.. Im planning on getting a new guitar since the one I have doesnt sound so nice xD So I decided to wait until I get that one but I got impatient xD I'm glad Im back too Very Happy
Don't really worry about doing a "better cover". This was a good cover, and I think you should be proud of it. And that's cool! What kind of guitar are you getting? Also, if I may request a cover, I'd love to hear you take a go at All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me) - Bullet For My Valentine. I feel like that song is a perfect fit for your voice.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soprotiv on Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:28 am

Soprotiv wrote:
Here it is

Don't really worry about doing a "better cover". This was a good cover, and I think you should be proud of it. And that's cool! What kind of guitar are you getting? Also, if I may request a cover, I'd love to hear you take a go at All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me) - Bullet For My Valentine. I feel like that song is a perfect fit for your voice.

I'm gonna get an acoustic since I like singing.. But I cant get anything too expensive so I was thinking the Yamaha FG750S.. But if you have any other good guitar in mind around that price please do tell Smile Thanks for the request btw Smile i havent listened to the song before so Ill try put it up after I familiarize myself with it
Soprotiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:06 am

Yamahas are typically good for the money. And the song is quite straightforward, which is why I chose it. I figured you'd have no problems with thw melodies, lyrics, etc. I'll be looking forward to listening to it, whenever lol. Good luck
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soprotiv on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:35 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Yamahas are typically good for the money. And the song is quite straightforward, which is why I chose it. I figured you'd have no problems with thw melodies, lyrics, etc. I'll be looking forward to listening to it, whenever lol. Good luck

Thanks man Smile I really liked that guitar and its within my budget.. Thanks, Ill try my best.. except Ill probably not do the screams lol
Soprotiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:58 am

Soprotiv wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Yamahas are typically good for the money. And the song is quite straightforward, which is why I chose it. I figured you'd have no problems with thw melodies, lyrics, etc. I'll be looking forward to listening to it, whenever lol. Good luck

Thanks man Smile I really liked that guitar and its within my budget.. Thanks, Ill try my best.. except Ill probably not do the screams lol
Lol, for an acoustic version (unless you're Kyo now) I didn't expect you to scream Razz Be weary of the melody A4s though Cheeky Don't push for them
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soprotiv on Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:26 am

Soprotiv wrote:

Lol, for an acoustic version (unless you're Kyo now) I didn't expect you to scream Razz  Be weary of the melody A4s though Cheeky Don't push for them

Ah I have some trouble in the upper 4th octave.. I'll try my best though, maybe this song will actually help me with those high notes
Soprotiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:54 am

You must be a high baritone right ? Ben is sort of a low tenor/high baritone, your voice fits the song REALLY well, I loved your tone man, should work more on easing the high notes, keep an open throat etc...
Just saying but you can actually find volume 1 of ken tamplin's course online if you know where to look well.
You could make a use of that and progress immensely!
Would love to hear more Dear Agony stuff from you, maybe even old ones like Dance with the devil, breath, had enough, until the end, diary of jane Smile that would be great!

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soprotiv on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:58 am

Harmony wrote:You must be a high baritone right ? Ben is sort of a low tenor/high baritone, your voice fits the song REALLY well, I loved your tone man, should work more on easing the high notes, keep an open throat etc...
Just saying but you can actually find volume 1 of ken tamplin's course online if you know where to look well.
You could make a use of that and progress immensely!
Would love to hear more Dear Agony stuff from you, maybe even old ones like Dance with the devil, breath, had enough, until the end, diary of jane Smile that would be great!

Thanks a lot Smile I need to polish up on those high notes :/ I just started singing recently so hopefully Ill improve.. And I really want to do Breath and Dear Agony, Im just waiting to get a new guitar since it wont sound good on the one I have.. Thanks for the feed back Smile And I've been told that my voice isnt heavy enough to be a baritone and that Im a tenor but that doesnt seem to matter much Rolling Eyes
Soprotiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:24 am

Soprotiv wrote: And I've been told that my voice isnt heavy enough to be a baritone and that Im a tenor but that doesnt seem to matter much Rolling Eyes
Clap
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soprotiv on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:34 am

Soprotiv wrote: And I've been told that my voice isnt heavy enough to be a baritone and that Im a tenor but that doesnt seem to matter much Rolling Eyes
Clap
Razz Razz
Soprotiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum