Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Soprotiv on Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:03 am

Here is my cover of Give me a sign by Breaking Benjamin Smile

https://soundcloud.com/sop-319306415/breaking-benjamin-give-me-a

I did a short cover of Watch over you by Alter Bridge, it was rushed and I just sang along to the live in Amsterdam version.. here it is:
https://soundcloud.com/sop-319306415/watch-over-you-alter-bridge

Constructive criticism is welcome Smile


Last edited by Soprotiv on Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:18 am; edited 6 times in total
avatar
Soprotiv

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-09
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Led Habell on Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:12 pm

I'm gonna comment on the first cover, since the second one wasn't clear for me, I think I have a disconnection issue. Long story short, I think you're great. Really GREAT. Steady, soothing tone with power, and even throughout. I think it would help if you posted more covers, since that way we'd have more material to give constructive criticism on. Some high notes sounded forced, so watch out.
avatar
Led Habell

Posts : 42
Join date : 2014-07-11
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Soprotiv on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Led Habell wrote:I'm gonna comment on the first cover, since the second one wasn't clear for me, I think I have a disconnection issue. Long story short, I think you're great. Really GREAT. Steady, soothing tone with power, and even throughout. I think it would help if you posted more covers, since that way we'd have more material to give constructive criticism on. Some high notes sounded forced, so watch out.

Thanks so much man Smile I'm in the middle of my AS level exams so I cant find time to record anything :/ But hopefully after that I will upload some more... the second cover was rushed since I just felt like doing something and it's not so good, I was just singing along to the Amsterdam version of Watch over you.. And yeah I have to strain my voice to hit some high notes but I dont know how to make it easier :/ I just started singing recently
avatar
Soprotiv

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-09
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Soprotiv on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:24 am

So here's my cover of Wonderwall, I dont think it came out so well Confused
Recorded it on my phone and it plays with the volume at times for some reason xPface
https://soundcloud.com/sop-319306415/wonderwall-oasis-cover
avatar
Soprotiv

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-09
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Soprotiv on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:59 am

Here's a cover of me doing Not alone by Red
https://soundcloud.com/sop-319306415/not-alone-red-cover
Hope you guys like that one xD
avatar
Soprotiv

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-09
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  CracK on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:04 am

the breaking benjamin cover sounds amazing Cool
avatar
CracK

Posts : 1165
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 73
Location : imdevine's kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Soprotiv on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:07 am

Crackz0r94 wrote:the breaking benjamin cover sounds amazing Cool

Thanks bro, much appreciated Very Happy
avatar
Soprotiv

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-09
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  glds on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:40 am

Be glad you have naturally good tonality. Already mentioned but those high notes need work. There's lots of range building exercises. Be very careful when singing highs the way you do. You can really damage your voice if you don't watch out.

glds
Range Advisor

Posts : 814
Join date : 2015-05-16
Age : 1016
Location : Meth houses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I finally have time again!

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:04 am

I'll start with the most recent cover: You have a really nice smooth, boyish tone, and it really shines through on an easy song like this. Your pitch is pretty solid throughout, though that low singing definitely needs some work. Now I'm the worst offender of light breathy low singing, but that doesn't mean you need to. When singing low, sing each note like "you really mean it"; projection will make the notes resonate beautifully, and give you a warmer tone. However, that Bb2 was pretty solid, and the rest of the melodies were very pleasant as well. Now Wonderwall is pretty much the same deal, but it also shows off your decent control of transitioning from solid to soft singing. I liked these covers a lot. I hope you pursue something a bit more challenging next time though Yeah! Good job Thumb up
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Soprotiv on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Thanks guys, yeah sometimes the high notes really hurt my throat but idk how to stop it, I think Ill get a vocal coach after these exams to help me learn how to sing properly.. Demi, thanks for the positive feedback and the criticism, I thought I wouldnt be able to hold that Bb2 though .-. My lows definitely need work.. I'll try making a cover of something a bit more difficult soon enough Smile
avatar
Soprotiv

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-09
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Soprotiv wrote:Thanks guys, yeah sometimes the high notes really hurt my throat but idk how to stop it, I think Ill get a vocal coach after these exams to help me learn how to sing properly.. Demi, thanks for the positive feedback and the criticism, I thought I wouldnt be able to hold that Bb2 though .-. My lows definitely need work.. I'll try making a cover of something a bit more difficult soon enough Smile
If singing high is making your throat hurt you may want to check a few things; breathing, volume, and mix.
Proper breathing control will not only allow you to sing higher more effortlessly, but also support your voice more, allowing you to sing for longer with less wear, and to hold notes longer and with less gasps. Volume is also controlled with good breathing, and your volume doesn't sound like it's a huge problem. You actually seem to have pretty good volume control, which is good. If you find yourself pushing to get higher, and in the process getting louder, than there's a problem. A way to fix that is solidify your breathing, and work on mixing your voice better. Doing exercises like sirens and lip-trills can help form a connection in your voice, allowing you to sing higher more effortlessly. A vocal coach is also the best decision you can make, as if you are doing something wrong, they can immediately fix it, making progressing less stressful and faster.
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Soprotiv on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:25 pm

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Soprotiv wrote:Thanks guys, yeah sometimes the high notes really hurt my throat but idk how to stop it, I think Ill get a vocal coach after these exams to help me learn how to sing properly.. Demi, thanks for the positive feedback and the criticism, I thought I wouldnt be able to hold that Bb2 though .-. My lows definitely need work.. I'll try making a cover of something a bit more difficult soon enough Smile
If singing high is making your throat hurt you may want to check a few things; breathing, volume, and mix.
Proper breathing control will not only allow you to sing higher more effortlessly, but also support your voice more, allowing you to sing for longer with less wear, and to hold notes longer and with less gasps. Volume is also controlled with good breathing, and your volume doesn't sound like it's a huge problem. You actually seem to have pretty good volume control, which is good. If you find yourself pushing to get higher, and in the process getting louder, than there's a problem. A way to fix that is solidify your breathing, and work on mixing your voice better. Doing exercises like sirens and lip-trills can help form a connection in your voice, allowing you to sing higher more effortlessly. A vocal coach is also the best decision you can make, as if you are doing something wrong, they can immediately fix it, making progressing less stressful and faster.

I think my breathing is okay since I dont actually run out of breath if I've practiced a song a few times but I dont know what your definition of correct breathing is so my breathing might be wrong according to you so please tell me if it is.. And I know you have your chest and head voice but I dont get how mixing the two of those work, so maybe Im doing that wrong since Im not aware when Im using my mixed voice and yeah sometimes I have to really push to hit notes like the Bb4 or B4 in Watch over you, Im not sure which it is.. That actually hurt my voice but the other songs I posted didnt hurt my voice. I have a lot to learn xD
avatar
Soprotiv

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-09
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:00 am

Soprotiv wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Soprotiv wrote:Thanks guys, yeah sometimes the high notes really hurt my throat but idk how to stop it, I think Ill get a vocal coach after these exams to help me learn how to sing properly.. Demi, thanks for the positive feedback and the criticism, I thought I wouldnt be able to hold that Bb2 though .-. My lows definitely need work.. I'll try making a cover of something a bit more difficult soon enough Smile
If singing high is making your throat hurt you may want to check a few things; breathing, volume, and mix.
Proper breathing control will not only allow you to sing higher more effortlessly, but also support your voice more, allowing you to sing for longer with less wear, and to hold notes longer and with less gasps. Volume is also controlled with good breathing, and your volume doesn't sound like it's a huge problem. You actually seem to have pretty good volume control, which is good. If you find yourself pushing to get higher, and in the process getting louder, than there's a problem. A way to fix that is solidify your breathing, and work on mixing your voice better. Doing exercises like sirens and lip-trills can help form a connection in your voice, allowing you to sing higher more effortlessly. A vocal coach is also the best decision you can make, as if you are doing something wrong, they can immediately fix it, making progressing less stressful and faster.

I think my breathing is okay since I dont actually run out of breath if I've practiced a song a few times but I dont know what your definition of correct breathing is so my breathing might be wrong according to you so please tell me if it is.. And I know you have your chest and head voice but I dont get how mixing the two of those work, so maybe Im doing that wrong since Im not aware when Im using my mixed voice and yeah sometimes I have to really push to hit notes like the Bb4 or B4 in Watch over you, Im not sure which it is.. That actually hurt my voice but the other songs I posted didnt hurt my voice. I have a lot to learn xD
Well how do you breath? When you inhale is your chest expanding? If so, then you're doing "wrong" lol. Try and breath diaphragmatically. Since I'm not there with you, it's impossible to know 100%, so again a vocal coach is perfect. Now developing stronger head voice is slightly easier to explain. Basically take your falsetto and drag it as low as you can, and your "chest dominant voice" and bring it as high as you can. A way to do the latter in a weird way is doing steriotypical female moaning, as high as you can without falsetto. It helps you get the feeling of what mix is. The Bb/B4s sounded very shouty, which is an issue. Don't strain and shout to sing higher, as the high singing voice should be level volume. Try and sing higher at mid volume. ,
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Soprotiv on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:10 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Soprotiv wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Soprotiv wrote:Thanks guys, yeah sometimes the high notes really hurt my throat but idk how to stop it, I think Ill get a vocal coach after these exams to help me learn how to sing properly.. Demi, thanks for the positive feedback and the criticism, I thought I wouldnt be able to hold that Bb2 though .-. My lows definitely need work.. I'll try making a cover of something a bit more difficult soon enough Smile
If singing high is making your throat hurt you may want to check a few things; breathing, volume, and mix.
Proper breathing control will not only allow you to sing higher more effortlessly, but also support your voice more, allowing you to sing for longer with less wear, and to hold notes longer and with less gasps. Volume is also controlled with good breathing, and your volume doesn't sound like it's a huge problem. You actually seem to have pretty good volume control, which is good. If you find yourself pushing to get higher, and in the process getting louder, than there's a problem. A way to fix that is solidify your breathing, and work on mixing your voice better. Doing exercises like sirens and lip-trills can help form a connection in your voice, allowing you to sing higher more effortlessly. A vocal coach is also the best decision you can make, as if you are doing something wrong, they can immediately fix it, making progressing less stressful and faster.

I think my breathing is okay since I dont actually run out of breath if I've practiced a song a few times but I dont know what your definition of correct breathing is so my breathing might be wrong according to you so please tell me if it is.. And I know you have your chest and head voice but I dont get how mixing the two of those work, so maybe Im doing that wrong since Im not aware when Im using my mixed voice and yeah sometimes I have to really push to hit notes like the Bb4 or B4 in Watch over you, Im not sure which it is.. That actually hurt my voice but the other songs I posted didnt hurt my voice. I have a lot to learn xD
Well how do you breath? When you inhale is your chest expanding? If so, then you're doing "wrong" lol. Try and breath diaphragmatically. Since I'm not there with you, it's impossible to know 100%, so again a vocal coach is perfect. Now developing stronger head voice is slightly easier to explain. Basically take your falsetto and drag it as low as you can, and your "chest dominant voice" and bring it as high as you can. A way to do the latter in a weird way is doing steriotypical female moaning, as high as you can without falsetto. It helps you get the feeling of what mix is. The Bb/B4s sounded very shouty, which is an issue. Don't strain and shout to sing higher, as the high singing voice should be level volume. Try and sing higher at mid volume. ,

I used to breath in with my chest expanding before but I have heard that somewhere you're stomach should expand and not your chest so I try do that at all times now.. Honestly speaking, I dont really know when I go into my head voice.. It just happens and I go along with it lol.. But Ill try figuring that out and the moaning will freak my parents out so Ill just go with the other method Laughing I dont know how to hit the that Bb/B4 like Myles does without shouting because it will come out a lot thinner :/ I've got a long way to go as a singer xD
avatar
Soprotiv

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-09
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:20 am

Well Myles Kennedy is also a master of head voice. It takes time to develop a solid mix though, so that vocal coach is definitely worth your time and money if you'd like to avoid to much stress
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Soprotiv on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:25 am

I'll definitely get a vocal coach this November before I ruin my voice Smile
avatar
Soprotiv

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-09
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:20 am

Lol, I wouldn't worry about ruining your voice right now. It takes much more time and stress to do that.
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Soprotiv on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:28 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Lol, I wouldn't worry about ruining your voice right now. It takes much more time and stress to do that.

Yeah thats what I meant, if I dont learn how to sing properly my voice will be ruined later
avatar
Soprotiv

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-09
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:19 am

Soprotiv wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Lol, I wouldn't worry about ruining your voice right now. It takes much more time and stress to do that.

Yeah thats what I meant, if I dont learn how to sing properly my voice will be ruined later
Idk, it seems like most people just adapt to issues in singing.
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Soprotiv on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Soprotiv wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Lol, I wouldn't worry about ruining your voice right now. It takes much more time and stress to do that.

Idk, it seems like most people just adapt to issues in singing.

You're right, I started doing some vocal warm ups and damn its like fucking magic bruh, I can hit D#5/E5 and still sound good..And it just eases tension so nicely..
avatar
Soprotiv

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-09
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:35 am

Well then lol Cool That's awesome, I'm glad to see I could help a bit. Still get that vocal coach though Yeah!
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Soprotiv on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:07 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Well then lol Cool That's awesome, I'm glad to see I could help a bit. Still get that vocal coach though Yeah!

I sure will man, but hitting the notes while Im warming up is a lot easier than when Im actually singing.. I cant get my throat to stop squeezing up while Im actually singing wtf lol
avatar
Soprotiv

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-09
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:08 am

Soprotiv wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Well then lol Cool That's awesome, I'm glad to see I could help a bit. Still get that vocal coach though Yeah!

I sure will man, but hitting the notes while Im warming up is a lot easier than when Im actually singing.. I cant get my throat to stop squeezing up while Im actually singing wtf lol
Probably because you have to articulate the lyrics while singing the notes. Give yourself time; almost noting in singing is instant Cringe
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Soprotiv on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:14 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Soprotiv wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Well then lol Cool That's awesome, I'm glad to see I could help a bit. Still get that vocal coach though Yeah!

I sure will man, but hitting the notes while Im warming up is a lot easier than when Im actually singing.. I cant get my throat to stop squeezing up while Im actually singing wtf lol
Probably because you have to articulate the lyrics while singing the notes. Give yourself time; almost noting in singing is instant Cringe

It's disappointing though, I easily hit E5 while doing lip rolls and then trying to sing in the high 4th octave started hurting my throat lol
avatar
Soprotiv

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-09
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:17 am

Soprotiv wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Soprotiv wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Well then lol Cool That's awesome, I'm glad to see I could help a bit. Still get that vocal coach though Yeah!

I sure will man, but hitting the notes while Im warming up is a lot easier than when Im actually singing.. I cant get my throat to stop squeezing up while Im actually singing wtf lol
Probably because you have to articulate the lyrics while singing the notes. Give yourself time; almost noting in singing is instant Cringe

It's disappointing though, I easily hit E5 while doing lip rolls and then trying to sing in the high 4th octave started hurting my throat lol
Yeah, it'll be like that. Also do the ssssssss sound, while trying not to feel it in your throat. That'll help with breathing and support, which can help with relieving throat tension.
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drown- Bring me the horizon(acoustic)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum