Klayton aka Celldweller

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Klayton aka Celldweller

Post  iamnothing on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:54 pm

Voice type: Red Baritenor
Total range: C2-E6
Sung range: D2-G♯5

Associated acts: Immortal (1989-1991), Circle of Dust (1991-present), Argyle Park/AP2 (1994-2000), Angeldust/Criss Angel (1995-2006), Celldweller (1998-present), Scandroid (2013-present)

Significant high notes:
E6 ("Yurasaka")
B♭5 ("End of an Empire")
G♯5 ("80's Hair Metal")
G5 ("Frozen", "Frozen (Celldweller vs. Blue Stahli)" live Florida Supercon '11, "I Believe You" live '12)
F♯5 ("06-06-06", "Deathblow", "I Believe You" live '12, "Precious One")
F5 ("Against the Tide", "Blackstar", "Chasm", "Frozen", "Frozen (Celldweller vs. Blue Stahli)" live Detroit '12, "Precious One", "R&B", "Switchback", "Switchback" live Florida Supercon '11)
E5 ("Chasm", "Eon", "Idiot")
E♭5 ("06-06-06", "Blackstar", "Breakout", "Deathblow", "Good L_ck (Yo_'re F_cked)", "I Believe You" live '12, "Infernal", "Onenemy", "Precious One", "Switchback", "Tragedy")
D5 ("Against the Tide", "Atmospheric Light", "Chasm", "Cold", "Contagion", "Frozen (Celldweller vs. Blue Stahli)" live Florida Supercon '11, "Good L_ck (Yo_'re F_cked)", "Heart On", "I Believe You", "Just Like You", "Kill the Sound", "Nihilistic Void", "Switchback")
C♯5 ("80's Hair Metal", "Blackstar", "Infernal", "It Makes No Difference Who We Are", "Lost In Time", "Shapeshifter", "Symbiont", "Tragedy")
C5 ("Against the Tide", "Breakout", "Chasm", "Eon", "Frozen", "Frozen" live DNA Lounge '03, "Frozen (Celldweller vs. Blue Stahli)", "Heart On", "IRIA", "Jericho", "Just Like You", "Kill the Sound", "New Elysium", "Nihilistic Void", "Refractor", "Shapeshifter", "Switchback" live Florida Supercon '11, "Symbiont", "The Complete Cellout", "The Lucky One", "Tragedy", "Unshakeable")
B4 ("Frozen", "Frozen" live DNA Lounge '03, "Frozen (Celldweller vs. Blue Stahli)", "I Can't Wait", "Machines of Our Disgrace", "Shapeshifter", "Switchback", "Tragedy")
B♭4 ("06-06-06", "Birthright", "Blackstar", "Cold", "Eon", "Frozen", "Frozen (Celldweller vs. Blue Stahli)", "Heart On", "I Can't Wait", "Idiot", "IRIA", "It Makes No Difference Who We Are", "Jericho", "Just Like You", "Kill Me Every Time", "Kill the Sound", "Machines of Our Disgrace", "New Elysium", "One Good Reason", "Onenemy", "Precious One", "Purified", "Shapeshifter", "Stay With Me (Unlikely)", "Switchback", "Symbiont", "The Complete Cellout", "The Lucky One", "Tragedy", "Unshakeable", "Waste of Time")
A4 ("Afraid This Time", "Against the Tide", "Blackstar", "Buzzsaw (So Much For My Apology)", "Chasm", "Cry Little Sister vs. Hello Zepp", "End of an Empire", "Fadeaway", "Gift for You", "Good L_ck (Yo_'re F_cked)", "Heart On", "I Can't Wait", "Idiot", "Jericho", "Just Like You", "Kill the Sound", "Meteorite", "One Good Reason", "Refractor", "So Sorry To Say", "Switchback", "Symbiont", "Tainted", "Tough Guy", "Under My Feet", "Venus", "Yurasaka")
G♯4 ("06-06-06", "Birthright", "Blackstar", "Cold", "Down to Earth", "Eon", "I Can't Wait", "IRIA", "It Makes No Difference Who We Are", "Kill the Sound", "Lost In Time", "Louder Than Words" live, "New Elysium", "One Good Reason", "Precious One", "Pro-bots and Robophobes", "Purified", "The Lucky One", "The Way She Wants to Die", "Tragedy", "Venus", "Waste of Time")
G4 ("Afraid This Time", "Against the Tide", "Breakout", "Cold", "Cry Little Sister vs. Hello Zepp", "Demoralize", "End of an Empire", "Eon", "Fadeaway", "Frozen", "Frozen (Celldweller vs. Blue Stahli)", "Good L_ck (Yo_'re F_cked)", "Heart On", "I Believe You", "Idiot", "IRIA", "Jericho", "Kill the Sound", "Lost In Time", "Meteorite", "Mindfreak", "Neophyte", "One Good Reason", "Onenemy", "Refractor", "Shapeshifter", "So Long Sentiment vs. Eon", "Stay With Me (Unlikely)", "Switchback", "Switchback" live Florida Supercon '11, "Symbiont", "Tainted", "The Lucky One", "Tough Guy", "Under My Feet", "Unlikely (Stay With Me)", "Yurasaka")
F♯4 ("06-06-06", "Blackstar", "Contagion", "Demoralize", "Down to Earth", "Heart On", "I Can't Wait", "Infernal", "IRIA", "It Makes No Difference Who We Are", "New Elysium", "Precious One", "Pro-bots and Robophobes", "Rational Lies", "Senseless Abandon", "Tainted", "The Way She Wants to Die", "Tragedy", "Venus", "Yurasaka")
F4 ("06-06-06", "Against the Tide", "Blackstar", "Breakout", "Chasm", "Cold", "Cry Little Sister vs. Hello Zepp", "Deathblow", "Demoralize", "End of an Empire", "Erasus", "Frozen", "Good L_ck (Yo_'re F_cked)", "Heart On", "Heldweller", "I Believe You", "I Can't Wait", "Infernal", "IRIA", "It Makes No Difference Who We Are", "Kill the Sound", "Lost In Time", "Mindfreak", "One Good Reason", "Onenemy", "Precious One", "Purified", "Rational Lies", "Refractor", "Shapeshifter", "Switchback", "Technological Disguise", "The Lucky One", "The Way She Wants to Die", "Tragedy", "Under My Feet", "Unshakeable")

Significant low notes:
C3 ("Afraid This Time", "Against the Tide", "Atmospheric Light", "Aurora Borealis", "Blackstar", "Down to Earth", "End of an Empire", "Erasus", "Gift for You", "Heart On", "Heldweller", "It Makes No Difference Who We Are", "Jericho", "Kill the Sound", "R&B", "Senseless Abandon", "Stay With Me (Unlikely)", "Switchback", "The Lucky One", "The Seven Sisters", "Under My Feet", "Unshakeable", "Welcome to the End")
B2 ("I Can't Wait", "Pro-bots and Robophobes", "Venus")
B♭2 ("06-06-06", "Blackstar", "Breakout", "Down to Earth", "Frozen", "Gift for You", "I Can't Wait", "Idiot", "It Makes No Difference Who We Are", "Machines of Our Disgrace", "Memories of a Girl I Haven't Met", "Mother's Arms", "New Elysium", "Nihilistic Void", "One Good Reason", "Precious One", "Refractor", "Senseless Abandon", "Stay With Me (Unlikely)", "Symbiont", "The Last Firstborn", "Under My Feet", "Waste of Time")
A2 ("Against the Tide", "Chasm", "Come Alive", "Erasus", "Frozen", "Gift for You", "Heart On", "I Can't Wait", "Idiot", "New Elysium", "Nihilistic Void", "Refractor", "The Seven Sisters", "Venus", "Welcome to the End", "Yurasaka")
G♯2 ("06-06-06", "I Can't Wait", "It Makes No Difference Who We Are", "Nihilistic Void", "One Good Reason", "Precious One", "Waste of Time")
G2 ("Afraid This Time", "Come Alive", "Frozen", "Frozen (Celldweller vs. Blue Stahli)", "Gift for You", "Onenemy", "One Good Reason", "Refractor", "Tainted", "The Seven Sisters", "Under My Feet", "Welcome to the End", "Yurasaka")
F♯2 ("I Can't Wait", "Idiot", "One Good Reason", "Precious One", "Tainted", "Venus")
F2 ("Afraid This Time", "Breakout", "Come Alive", "Frozen", "Nihilistic Void", "Onenemy", "Precious One", "Refractor", "Under My Feet", "Welcome to the End")
E2 ("Idiot", "Rational Lies", "Tainted", "Technological Disguise", "Under My Feet")
E♭2 ("Come Alive", "Cranial Tyrant", "Demoralize", "Tainted", "Technological Disguise")
D2 ("Chasm", "Cranial Tyrant", "Demoralize")
C2 ("Demoralize")

Italics denote non-melodic notes.
Underlines denote backing vocals or vocals buried in the mix.
Green denotes harsh/distorted notes.
Blue denotes soft/disconnected falsetto.
Blue/Italics denotes non-modal/inhaled screams.

Last edited by iamnothing on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:33 pm; edited 110 times in total
iamnothing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Klayton aka Celldweller

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:59 pm

Oh, you've actually made the thread! Yeah!
It's pretty good, but I'd be weary about starting his highs at E, and including growls. Other than that, any help needed, just ask.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:13 pm

Nice work, but really questioning some of the colouring and lack of underlining.

JaredLetoIsBack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:01 am

There is a screamed E5 in Eon, as well as G4s, G#4s, Bb4s and falsetto C5s. So please add:
E5 "Eon"
C5 "Eon"
B♭4 "Eon"
G♯4 "Eon"
G4 "Eon"
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:21 am

Voice Type: Red Baritenor
Vocal Range: C2-G5

Significant High-Notes

G5 ("Frozen")
F5 ("Precious One", "Chasm", "Switchback")
E5 ("Eon")
D5 ("Chasm", "Atmospheric Light")
C5 ("The Lucky One", "Just Like You", "New Elysium", "Eon")
B4 ("Switchback", "I Can't Wait", "Precious One")
B♭4 ("I Can't Wait", "Birthright", "06-06-06", "Heart On", "IRIA", "Waste of Time", "Refractor", "Stay With Me (Unlikely)", "Just Like You", "Switchback", "New Elysium", "Eon")
A4 ("Fadeaway"", "Kill The Sound", "So Sorry To Say", "Afraid This Time", "End of an Empire", "Cry Little Sister vs. Hello Zepp", "Just Like You", "Good L_ck (Yo_'re F_cked"), "Buzzsaw (So Much For My Apology)", "Tough Guy")
G♯4 ("Birthright", "Louder Than Words" live, "Down to Earth", "Lost In Time", "The Way She Wants to Die", "New Elysium", "Eon")
G4 ("Fadeaway", "Tainted", "So Long Sentiment Vs. Eon", "Stay With Me (Unlikely)", "Unlikely (Stay With Me)", "Frozen", "I Believe You", "Heart On", "Lost In Time", "Cry Little Sister vs. Hello Zepp", "Yurasaka", "Onenemy", "Tough Guy", "Eon")
F♯4 ("Down to Earth", "IRIA", "The Way She Wants to Die", "New Elysium", "Infernal")
F4 ("Lost In Time", "End of an Empire", "Refractor", "Onenemy", "The Way She Wants to Die")
E4 ("End of an Empire", "Fadeaway", "Idiot", "Atmospheric Light")

Significant Low-Notes

B♭2 ("Symbiont", "It Makes No Difference Who We Are", "The Last Firstborn")
A2 ("Heart On", "New Elysium")
G♯2 ("I Can't Wait", "Yurasaka", "Good L_ck (Yo_'re F_cked)")
G2 ("Just Like You", "Onenemy")
F♯2 ("Venus", "Down to Earth")
F2 ("Under My Feet", "Afraid This Time", "Welcome To The End", "Onenemy")
E2 ("Under My Feet", "Tainted", "Down to Earth", "Idiot")
E♭2 ("Tainted", "Stay With Me (Unlikely)")
D2 ("Chasm", "Heart On", "Just Like You", "Good L_ck (Yo_'re F_cked)")
C2 ("Unshakeable")

........................................................................................
Italics denotes a-melodic/spoken
Underlines: denotes backing vocals/vocals obscured in the mix
Green: denotes harsh/distorted notes
Blue: denotes soft/disconnected falsetto notes
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iamnothing on Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:11 pm

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:There is a screamed E5 in Eon, as well as G4s, G#4s, Bb4s and falsetto C5s. So please add:
E5 "Eon"
C5 "Eon"
B♭4 "Eon"
G♯4 "Eon"
G4 "Eon"

Thanks, and I've almost finished watching the first album Smile

Also, what's wrong with including growls?
iamnothing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:45 pm

alliedcola wrote:

Growls aren't actual vocal notes. They're noises produced by the false chords or vocal fry, not the vocal cords. Anyone can growl down to the lower 2nd or upper first octave

EDIT: Just read this over again and gawd this is a terrible explanation lol lets just say you're not really hitting a solid pitch when you're growling, it's more white noise
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:04 pm

cryszofthescots wrote:
alliedcola wrote:

Growls aren't actual vocal notes. They're noises produced by the false chords or vocal fry, not the vocal cords. Anyone can growl down to the lower 2nd or upper first octave

EDIT: Just read this over again and gawd this is a terrible explanation lol lets just say you're not really hitting a solid pitch when you're growling, it's more white noise
It can also be extremely difficult to determine the octave. What might sound like a growl'd E2, may actually be a darkened E3. They're just not worth including
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:36 pm

Where is the Bb5 in End of an Empire? The F5 in Chasm? F5 in Frozen (Celldweller vs. Blue Stahli)

JaredLetoIsBack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iamnothing on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:21 pm

JaredLetoIsBack wrote:Where is the Bb5 in End of an Empire? The F5 in Chasm? F5 in Frozen (Celldweller vs. Blue Stahli)

The Bb5 in End of an Empire is at about 1:16 - "...the fate of civilization"

The F5 in Chasm I'm actually unsure of, but I can here something backing that woman's vocals. If you think I should remove it, I will.

The F5 in the Frozen remix (the live version) is that random scream after the first chorus, at 1:05.
iamnothing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  imdevine on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:24 pm

2:25. I guess it's this one. But it's actually cool.
And 3:25.
imdevine
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:33 pm

iamnothing wrote:
JaredLetoIsBack wrote:Where is the Bb5 in End of an Empire? The F5 in Chasm? F5 in Frozen (Celldweller vs. Blue Stahli)

The F5 in Chasm I'm actually unsure of, but I can here something backing that woman's vocals. If you think I should remove it, I will.

The F5 in the Frozen remix (the live version) is that random scream after the first chorus, at 1:05.
I'm not the best at pitching screams but regardless of pitch, none of them are blue. ANd I wouldn't call them sung either.

JaredLetoIsBack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iamnothing on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:36 pm

imdevine wrote:
2:25. I guess it's this one. But it's actually cool.
And 3:25.

Shiiiiet... that's another G5 at 2:25, and it sounds (sorta) melodic. 3:25 is a D5. The F5 is the "Live Upon a Blackstar" version.

Do you reckon I should mark these kinda screams differently?
iamnothing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  imdevine on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:40 pm

iamnothing wrote:Shiiiiet... that's another G5 at 2:25, and it sounds (sorta) melodic. 3:25 is a D5. The F5 is the "Live Upon a Blackstar" version.

I think all sorts of inhaled notes should be marked blue, since they are completely non-modal. You can make them italic too, just so we can know they are inhaled.
Wouldn't call them melodic, but they are intentional and musical for sure.
imdevine
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iamnothing on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:42 pm

JaredLetoIsBack wrote:
iamnothing wrote:

I'm not the best at pitching screams but regardless of pitch, none of them are blue. ANd I wouldn't call them sung either.

Neither of those screams are listed as sung, and if there are any others that are, I'll probably be happy to change them.

Also, the blue is just because they sound very different from his usual, dryer screaming.
iamnothing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iamnothing on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:48 pm

imdevine wrote:
iamnothing wrote:Shiiiiet... that's another G5 at 2:25, and it sounds (sorta) melodic. 3:25 is a D5. The F5 is the "Live Upon a Blackstar" version.

I think all sorts of inhaled notes should be marked blue, since they are completely non-modal. You can make them italic too, just so we can know they are inhaled.
Wouldn't call them melodic, but they are intentional and musical for sure.

There's an inhaled E6 in Yurasaka, I removed it because I figured it was unintentional, but with all of these inhaled notes, do you think I should add it?
iamnothing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  imdevine on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:42 pm

The one from Yurasaka is musical enough, and I doubt there is any note in his whole discography which was unintentional. From conversation with Klayton I had, he thinks 1000 times before recording a single second of materials, and 1000 times before releasing it.
imdevine
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top