Lana Del Rey

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lana Del Rey

Post  DinosaurMan on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:13 pm

Lupa wrote:I have no knowledge on this kind of stuff, I just read a lot of stuff on the internet, but as far as I could gather, this whole voice types were meant for classical singing, people just started adapting them to popular music, but somethings just makes no sense when you consider non classical music. For starters, that's why a lot of people tend to classify someone's voice based on range alone, when in fact, the range alone has nothing to do with the voice type. I read somewhere, (I don't remember where exactly) that the Dugazon thing is a female singer who has a different "texture" on different registers, it's different if you compare the singer's low register to the high register. Then I read elsewhere that a "jeune Dugazon" is similar to a soubrette soprano, has an agile voice and the "mère Dugazon" was more like a mature mezzo soprano. I don't really know what to think about this dugazon thing right now, if you think about this different texture thing, it kinda makes sense to classify Lana as a dugazon, her high notes are pretty light and soft, whereas her low notes are pretty dark and solid, but not as dark as a contralto. I don't even know if those sources were reliable, so I might be saying a bunch of crap.

IMHO, there is no point in discussing voice types, especially if we start talking about small details and specific classifications (like lyrical, dramatic, coloratura...) it always leads to never-ending disagreement.

I think OP meant Alto and confused it with Contralto. Alto would describe the part usually sung by a low mezzo-soprano or a younger light contralto that hasn't matured yet(Contraltos don't get weight in their low notes usually until they are much older). Alto is used mostly just to mean the lower female range in a choir or singing part, it doesn't specify whether they are a Contralto, Mezzo-Soprano or whichever flavor of each. So Alto isn't a classical voice type, but it can be used to describe what part/range she sings and in common use many women will call themselves "Altos".

DinosaurMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint.0 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:51 am

Breaking wrote:
Sober Needles wrote:I'll be happy to point out where any notes are that you are unsure of that I posted.

okay, for example, the C3 and E5 in Carmen ?
and the E♭3 in Radio?
the D5 in This Is What Makes Us Girls?
The F♯3 from Off to the Races?
The C6 in National Anthem?
The E♭5 from Blue Jeans?
The C♯3, F♯5, C♯6 in Without You?

i don't know, i relistened to this songs many times, but, i still not heard those notes.
are they ultra buried in the mix or so short?

Locations:
She dips to C3 rather than C♯3 at 3:58 as well a quiet spoken one at 2:58. What I thought was an E5 in the background was just a keyboard so scratch that.

After re-listening to "Radio", I don't hear any E♭3s. Not sure why I thought I heard one before.
I believe the D5s are the shouts heard in the background at 2:38. I'm not sure if those are actually Lana, but I included them because they were in the original thread.

There are several F♯3s throughout. "Darlin" at 0:25, "Polish" at 0:29, "Marmont" at 1:41, etc.

The C6s are short, non-melodic ones at 2:25, 2:28, 2:31, 2:35, and couple of times after. The loudest one being the second and fourth.

I guess I thought the backing F5s in the last chorus of "Blue Jeans" were E♭5s, but re-listening to a couple of times disproves that.
A short C♯3 at 1:22. Several layered F♯5s and a couple of C♯6s starting at 2:12. F♯5 on "We were", a faint C♯6 at 2:19, followed by an F♯5 and the clearest C♯6 at 2:28 ("what it seemed")

Here's everything I've found so far. I finished "Honeymoon" and "Lana Del Ray" as well.
Update:

Significant High Notes

• E♭6 ("Kinda Outta Luck")
  • C♯6 ("Cola", "Without You")
  • C6 ("National Anthem", "Off To The Races")
  • A5 ("Axl Rose Husband")
  • G♯5 ("Money Power Glory")
  • G5 ("Axl Rose Husband", "Cola", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Off To The Races")
  • F♯5 ("Is This Happiness", "Money Power Glory", "Off To The Races", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Without You")
  • F5 ("Blue Jeans", "Dayglo Reflection", "Pretty When You Cry", "Prisoner", "Summer Wine", "The Other Woman", "Us Against The World", "Wait For Life")
  • E5 ("Art Deco", "Bel Air", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Cola", "Freak", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "Is This Happiness", "Lucky Ones", "Off To The Races", "Religion", "Ride", "Sad Girl", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Terrence Loves You", "The Blackest Day", "24", "Ultraviolence, "Us Against The World", "West Coast", "Yayo" Paradise version, "You Can Be The Boss")
  • E♭5 ("Big Eyes", "Brooklyn Baby", "Flipside", "Florida Kilos", "Freak", "God Knows I Tried", "Gods And Monsters", "Guns And Roses", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Money Power Glory", "Music To Watch Boys To", "Prisoner", "Put Me In A Movie", "Serial Killer", "Smarty", "24", "Why Don't You Do Right?" live Montreal 2015, "Yayo")
  • D5 ("American", "Art Deco", "Axl Rose Husband", "Big Eyes", "Big Spender", "Black Beauty", "Body Electric", "Brite Lites", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "High By The Beach", "Lolita", "Lucky Ones", "Mermaid Motel", "Off To The Races", "Prisoner", "Queen Of The Gas Station", "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)", "Sad Girl", "Shades Of Cool", "Summer Wine", "Terrence Loves You", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Ultraviolence", "West Coast", "You Can Be The Boss")
  • C♯5 ("A Star For Nick", "Body Electric", "Cola", "Dark Paradise", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Flipside", "Freak", "Gods And Monsters", "Guns And Roses", "Honeymoon", "Money Power Glory", "Music To Watch Boys To", "Put Me In A Movie", "Salvatore", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Summertime Sadness", "Swan Song", "The Blackest Day", "West Coast", "Without You")
  • C5 ("Bel Air", "Big Eyes", "Blue Jeans", "Brooklyn Baby", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Diet Mountain Dew", "Freak", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Gloria" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "God Knows I Tried", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "Honeymoon", "I Can Fly", "Is This Happiness", "Jump", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lolita", "Lucky Ones", "Mermaid Motel", "Once Upon A Dream", "Pretty When You Cry", "Queen Of The Gas Station", "Religion", "Sad Girl", "Shades Of Cool", "Terrence Loves You", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Us Against The World", "Video Games" various live performances, "You Can Be The Boss", "You, Mister")
  • B4 ("A Star For Nick", "American", "Axl Rose Husband", "Bel Air", "Carmen", "Cola", "Dark Paradise", "Flipside", "Gods And Monsters", "High By The Beach", "Is This Happiness", "Jump", "Kill Kill", "Lover's Fate", "Off To The Races", "Oh Say Can You See", "Money Power Glory", "Music To Watch Boys To", "Never Let Me Go", "Oh Say Can You See", "Pawn Shop Blues", "Put Me In A Movie", "Radio", "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)", "Religion", "Ride", "Salvatore", "Serial Killer", "Smarty", "Summertime Sadness", "Terrence Loves You", "The Blackest Day", "24", "Why Don't You Do Right?" live Montreal 2015, "Without You", "Yayo", "You Can Be The Boss")
  • B♭4 ("Brooklyn Baby", "Blue Jeans", "Brite Lites", "Freak", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "God Knows I Tried", "Guns And Roses", "Lolita", "Million Dollar Man", "National Anthem", "Once Upon A Dream", "Pretty When You Cry", "Prisoner", "Summer Wine", "24", "Ultraviolence", "Us Against The World", "Wait For Life", "Why Don't You Do Right?" live Montreal 2015, "Without You", "Yayo")
  • A4 ("A Star For Nick", "American", "Big Spender", "Black Beauty", "Body Electric", "Born To Die", "Burning Desire", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Cruel World", "Dark Paradise", "For K. Part 2", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Gloria" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Guns And Roses", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "High By The Beach", "Honeymoon", "In Wendy", "Is This Happiness", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lucky Ones", "Mermaid Motel", "More Mountains", "Off To The Races", "Old Money", "Queen Of The Gas Station", "Radio", "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)", "Sad Girl", "Shades Of Cool", "Summer Wine", "Swan Song", "Terrence Loves You", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Ultraviolence", "Video Games", "Wait", "Wait For Life", "West Coast", "Without You", "You Can Be The Boss", "You, Mister", "Young And Beautiful")

Significant Low Notes:

• F♯3 ("Axl Rose Husband", "Bel Air", "Big Eyes", "Born To Die", "Brite Lites", "Carmen", "Dayglo Reflection", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood", "For K. Part 2", "Gods And Monsters", "Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)", "Guns And Roses", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "High By The Beach", "Is This Happiness", "Live My Life", "Lucky Ones", "Money Power Glory", "Music To Watch Boys To", "Off To The Races", "Pawn Shop Blues", "Queen Of The Gas Station", "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Summertime Sadness", "Terrence Loves You", "24", "Ultraviolence", "Video Games", "Wait For Life", "West Coast", "You Can Be The Boss", "You, Mister", "Young And Beautiful", "Young Like Me")
  • F3 ("Body Electric", "Black Beauty", "Blue Jeans", "Blue Velvet", "Brite Lites", "Brooklyn Baby", "Burning Desire", "Chelsea Hotel No. 2", "Diet Mountain Dew", "For You", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "God Knows I Tried", "Honeymoon", "Life Is Beautiful", "Lolita", "Mermaid Motel", "Never Let Me Go", "Oh Say Can You See", "Old Money", "Once Upon A Dream", "Queen Of The Gas Station", "Serial Killer", "Smarty", "The Blackest Day", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Us Against The World", "Wait For Life", "West Coast", "Yayo")
  • E3 ("American", "Bel Air", "Born To Die", "Burnt Norton (Interlude)", "Carmen", "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood", "Flipside", "For K. Art 2", Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)", "High By The Beach", "Kill Kill", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lolita", "Lover's Fate", "Music To Watch Boys To", "Never Let Me Go", "Off To The Races", "Oh Say Can You See", "Once Upon A Dream", "Pawn Shop Blues", "Queen Of The Gas Station", "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)", "Religion", "Ride", "Salvatore", "Serial Killer", "Smarty", "Summertime Sadness", "Swan Song", "The Blackest Day", "Ultraviolence", "Video Games", "Young And Beautiful")
  • E♭3 ("Bel Air", "Black Beauty", "Blue Velvet", "Born To Die", "Cola", "Dayglo Reflection", "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood", "For. K Part 2", "God Knows I Tried", "Gods And Monsters", "Guns And Roses", "Honeymoon", "Lover's Fate", "Million Dollar Man", "Money Power Glory", "Never Let Me Go", "Old Money", "Pawn Shop Blues", "Ride", "Smarty", "The Other Woman", "24", "Video Games", "West Coast", "Yayo")
  • D3 ("American", "Axl Rose Husband", "Black Beauty", "Born To Die", "Burning Desire", "Chelsea Hotel No. 2", "Freak", "Guns And Roses", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lucky Ones", "Mermaid Motel", "Off To The Races", "Once Upon A Dream", "Radio", "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)", "Salvatore", "Swan Song", "Terrence Loves You", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Wait For Life", "Yayo" Paradise version, "Young And Beautiful")
  • C♯3 ("Black Beauty (Demo)","Body Electric", "Burning Desire", "Carmen", "Cola", "Flipside", "God Knows I Tried", "Million Dollar Man", "Old Money", "Summertime Sadness", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "24", "Without You")
  • C3 ("Bel Air", "Blue Velvet", "Burning Desire", "Carmen", "Chelsea Hotel No. 2", "I Can Fly", "Lucky Ones", "Million Dollar Man" sung in interview, "Old Money", "Prisoner", "Ride", "Swan Song")
  • B2 ("Kill Kill", "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)", "Ride" video, "Swan Song")

*Underlines mark less audible notes (backing vocals, etc.)
*Italics mark non-melodic notes
"]
Saint.0
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Garrettm on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:40 am

Staniel wrote:
Breaking wrote:
Sober Needles wrote:I'll be happy to point out where any notes are that you are unsure of that I posted.

okay, for example, the C3 and E5 in Carmen ?
and the E♭3 in Radio?
the D5 in This Is What Makes Us Girls?
The F♯3 from Off to the Races?
The C6 in National Anthem?
The E♭5 from Blue Jeans?
The C♯3, F♯5, C♯6 in Without You?

i don't know, i relistened to this songs many times, but, i still not heard those notes.
are they ultra buried in the mix or so short?

Locations:
She dips to C3 rather than C♯3 at 3:58 as well a quiet spoken one at 2:58. What I thought was an E5 in the background was just a keyboard so scratch that.

After re-listening to "Radio", I don't hear any E♭3s. Not sure why I thought I heard one before.
I believe the D5s are the shouts heard in the background at 2:38. I'm not sure if those are actually Lana, but I included them because they were in the original thread.

There are several F♯3s throughout. "Darlin" at 0:25, "Polish" at 0:29, "Marmont" at 1:41, etc.

The C6s are short, non-melodic ones at 2:25, 2:28, 2:31, 2:35, and couple of times after. The loudest one being the second and fourth.

I guess I thought the backing F5s in the last chorus of "Blue Jeans" were E♭5s, but re-listening to a couple of times disproves that.
A short C♯3 at 1:22. Several layered F♯5s and a couple of C♯6s starting at 2:12. F♯5 on "We were", a faint C♯6 at 2:19, followed by an F♯5 and the clearest C♯6 at 2:28 ("what it seemed")

Here's everything I've found so far. I finished "Honeymoon" and "Lana Del Ray" as well.
Update:

Significant High Notes

• E♭6 ("Kinda Outta Luck")
  • C♯6 ("Cola", "Without You")
  • C6 ("National Anthem", "Off To The Races")
  • A5 ("Axl Rose Husband")
  • G♯5 ("Money Power Glory")
  • G5 ("Axl Rose Husband", "Cola", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Off To The Races")
  • F♯5 ("Is This Happiness", "Money Power Glory", "Off To The Races", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Without You")
  • F5 ("Blue Jeans", "Dayglo Reflection", "Pretty When You Cry", "Prisoner", "Summer Wine", "The Other Woman", "Us Against The World", "Wait For Life")
  • E5 ("Art Deco", "Bel Air", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Cola", "Freak", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "Is This Happiness", "Lucky Ones", "Off To The Races", "Religion", "Ride", "Sad Girl", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Terrence Loves You", "The Blackest Day", "24", "Ultraviolence, "Us Against The World", "West Coast", "Yayo" Paradise version, "You Can Be The Boss")
  • E♭5 ("Big Eyes", "Brooklyn Baby", "Flipside", "Florida Kilos", "Freak", "God Knows I Tried", "Gods And Monsters", "Guns And Roses", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Money Power Glory", "Music To Watch Boys To", "Prisoner", "Put Me In A Movie", "Serial Killer", "Smarty", "24", "Why Don't You Do Right?" live Montreal 2015, "Yayo")
  • D5 ("American", "Art Deco", "Axl Rose Husband", "Big Eyes", "Big Spender", "Black Beauty", "Body Electric", "Brite Lites", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "High By The Beach", "Lolita", "Lucky Ones", "Mermaid Motel", "Off To The Races", "Prisoner", "Queen Of The Gas Station", "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)", "Sad Girl", "Shades Of Cool", "Summer Wine", "Terrence Loves You", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Ultraviolence", "West Coast", "You Can Be The Boss")
  • C♯5 ("A Star For Nick", "Body Electric", "Cola", "Dark Paradise", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Flipside", "Freak", "Gods And Monsters", "Guns And Roses", "Honeymoon", "Money Power Glory", "Music To Watch Boys To", "Put Me In A Movie", "Salvatore", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Summertime Sadness", "Swan Song", "The Blackest Day", "West Coast", "Without You")
  • C5 ("Bel Air", "Big Eyes", "Blue Jeans", "Brooklyn Baby", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Diet Mountain Dew", "Freak", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Gloria" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "God Knows I Tried", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "Honeymoon", "I Can Fly", "Is This Happiness", "Jump", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lolita", "Lucky Ones", "Mermaid Motel", "Once Upon A Dream", "Pretty When You Cry", "Queen Of The Gas Station", "Religion", "Sad Girl", "Shades Of Cool", "Terrence Loves You", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Us Against The World", "Video Games" various live performances, "You Can Be The Boss", "You, Mister")
  • B4 ("A Star For Nick", "American", "Axl Rose Husband", "Bel Air", "Carmen", "Cola", "Dark Paradise", "Flipside", "Gods And Monsters", "High By The Beach", "Is This Happiness", "Jump", "Kill Kill", "Lover's Fate", "Off To The Races", "Oh Say Can You See", "Money Power Glory", "Music To Watch Boys To", "Never Let Me Go", "Oh Say Can You See", "Pawn Shop Blues", "Put Me In A Movie", "Radio", "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)", "Religion", "Ride", "Salvatore", "Serial Killer", "Smarty", "Summertime Sadness", "Terrence Loves You", "The Blackest Day", "24", "Why Don't You Do Right?" live Montreal 2015, "Without You", "Yayo", "You Can Be The Boss")
  • B♭4 ("Brooklyn Baby", "Blue Jeans", "Brite Lites", "Freak", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "God Knows I Tried", "Guns And Roses", "Lolita", "Million Dollar Man", "National Anthem", "Once Upon A Dream", "Pretty When You Cry", "Prisoner", "Summer Wine", "24", "Ultraviolence", "Us Against The World", "Wait For Life", "Why Don't You Do Right?" live Montreal 2015, "Without You", "Yayo")
  • A4 ("A Star For Nick", "American", "Big Spender", "Black Beauty", "Body Electric", "Born To Die", "Burning Desire", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Cruel World", "Dark Paradise", "For K. Part 2", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Gloria" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Guns And Roses", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "High By The Beach", "Honeymoon", "In Wendy", "Is This Happiness", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lucky Ones", "Mermaid Motel", "More Mountains", "Off To The Races", "Old Money", "Queen Of The Gas Station", "Radio", "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)", "Sad Girl", "Shades Of Cool", "Summer Wine", "Swan Song", "Terrence Loves You", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Ultraviolence", "Video Games", "Wait", "Wait For Life", "West Coast", "Without You", "You Can Be The Boss", "You, Mister", "Young And Beautiful")

Significant Low Notes:

• F♯3 ("Axl Rose Husband", "Bel Air", "Big Eyes", "Born To Die", "Brite Lites", "Carmen", "Dayglo Reflection", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood", "For K. Part 2", "Gods And Monsters", "Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)", "Guns And Roses", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "High By The Beach", "Is This Happiness", "Live My Life", "Lucky Ones", "Money Power Glory", "Music To Watch Boys To", "Off To The Races", "Pawn Shop Blues", "Queen Of The Gas Station", "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Summertime Sadness", "Terrence Loves You", "24", "Ultraviolence", "Video Games", "Wait For Life", "West Coast", "You Can Be The Boss", "You, Mister", "Young And Beautiful", "Young Like Me")
  • F3 ("Body Electric", "Black Beauty", "Blue Jeans", "Blue Velvet", "Brite Lites", "Brooklyn Baby", "Burning Desire", "Chelsea Hotel No. 2", "Diet Mountain Dew", "For You", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "God Knows I Tried", "Honeymoon", "Life Is Beautiful", "Lolita", "Mermaid Motel", "Never Let Me Go", "Oh Say Can You See", "Old Money", "Once Upon A Dream", "Queen Of The Gas Station", "Serial Killer", "Smarty", "The Blackest Day", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Us Against The World", "Wait For Life", "West Coast", "Yayo")
  • E3 ("American", "Bel Air", "Born To Die", "Burnt Norton (Interlude)", "Carmen", "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood", "Flipside", "For K. Art 2", Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)", "High By The Beach", "Kill Kill", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lolita", "Lover's Fate", "Music To Watch Boys To", "Never Let Me Go", "Off To The Races", "Oh Say Can You See", "Once Upon A Dream", "Pawn Shop Blues", "Queen Of The Gas Station", "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)", "Religion", "Ride", "Salvatore", "Serial Killer", "Smarty", "Summertime Sadness", "Swan Song", "The Blackest Day", "Ultraviolence", "Video Games", "Young And Beautiful")
  • E♭3 ("Bel Air", "Black Beauty", "Blue Velvet", "Born To Die", "Cola", "Dayglo Reflection", "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood", "For. K Part 2", "God Knows I Tried", "Gods And Monsters", "Guns And Roses", "Honeymoon", "Lover's Fate", "Million Dollar Man", "Money Power Glory", "Never Let Me Go", "Old Money", "Pawn Shop Blues", "Ride", "Smarty", "The Other Woman", "24", "Video Games", "West Coast", "Yayo")
  • D3 ("American", "Axl Rose Husband", "Black Beauty", "Born To Die", "Burning Desire", "Chelsea Hotel No. 2", "Freak", "Guns And Roses", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lucky Ones", "Mermaid Motel", "Off To The Races", "Once Upon A Dream", "Radio", "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)", "Salvatore", "Swan Song", "Terrence Loves You", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Wait For Life", "Yayo" Paradise version, "Young And Beautiful")
  • C♯3 ("Black Beauty (Demo)","Body Electric", "Burning Desire", "Carmen", "Cola", "Flipside", "God Knows I Tried", "Million Dollar Man", "Old Money", "Summertime Sadness", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "24", "Without You")
  • C3 ("Bel Air", "Blue Velvet", "Burning Desire", "Carmen", "Chelsea Hotel No. 2", "I Can Fly", "Lucky Ones", "Million Dollar Man" sung in interview, "Old Money", "Prisoner", "Ride", "Swan Song")
  • B2 ("Kill Kill", "Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)", "Ride" video, "Swan Song")

*Underlines mark less audible notes (backing vocals, etc.)
*Italics mark non-melodic notes
"]

Staniel what the hell?
Cola has no G5
Burning Desire has no C3, nor C#3
Old Money has no C3
Chelsea Hotel has no C3(She always tries but fails live)
Swan Song has no C3
Terrence Loves You has several fail flat D3, so C#

Garrettm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jin on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:06 am

Lana hits quite a few high notes, I think in the sixth octave?? it's heard best after the pre-choruses in the bg of freak:/

Also, for low notes to be added she hits a F2 (in vocal fry though iirc) in west coast and a B2 (or C3?? when she says "blue ribbons on ice") in music to watch boys to.

I know there's way more notes to add of her angelic voice but that's all I've got for now..

Last edited by kuro on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:23 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing it, adding stuff I've forgotten to say)
jin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint.0 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:50 pm

Garrettm wrote:Staniel what the hell?
Cola has no G5
Burning Desire has no C3, nor C#3
Old Money has no C3
Chelsea Hotel has no C3(She always tries but fails live)
Swan Song has no C3
Terrence Loves You has several fail flat D3, so C#

Timestamps:
Many G5s starting at 2:43, and more at 3:53. Not sure how you didn't notice those?

She dips to C♯3, rather than D3 on the word "you" at 0:33. I'm actually not finding those C3s (which I copy-pasted from the original thread), but I didn't check them, which is my fault.

She dips to C♯3, rather than C3 on the words "and if" at 1:09 and "but IF" at 2:45. Every other dip is to C♯3 elsewhere in the song.

Two soft C3s in this song, the first being at 2:34 ("you just") and the second at 2:59 ("and all"). She sang these pretty clearly when I saw her live back in May. The more pronounced D3s throughout the song were particularly strong live.

There actually is a short C♯3 at 0:51, so that is noted. I'm also hearing a slide up from C3 at 1:51, actually. But I'm hearing every other low besides those two as D3.

As for "Swan Song", most of the time, she actually goes down to C3, rather than B2 (which she does at 1:35), but there is a notable C3 at 1:24. All the versions of the song on YouTube are pitch-shifted up from the album version (which I have on CD).

Why "what the hell", by the way? I don't think anything ludicrous was implied or stated here.

Also, just a tip, use ♯ and ♭. (they are located at the top of the page next to the name of the forum)
Saint.0
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Garrettm on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:47 am

Yeah.. Sorry man I made a lot of mistakes here...

What I heard by slowing down the songs was:
Cola does have several G5s and at the end she goes to G#5 once.
The note you said is a C#3 in Burning Desire is a C3. http://picosong.com/63ay/
I can't hear a C3 the first time at all, the second time I kind of hear her go flat but it sounds like a breath to me, really lazy and soft note? http://picosong.com/63Hr/
I hear the C3 in Chelsea Hotel.
I hear the C3 in Terrence Loves You as well.
As for Swan Song won't even bother to check, the lowest note is B2 and that's what's relevant I guess...

Embarassed Mr. Green

Garrettm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  indielight on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:32 pm

This performance it's brilliant Very Happy

indielight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:07 am

For whenever Breaking comes back if he does:
Starting her highs at G4/G#4 seems a bit more appropriate. I think her voice warrants it, considering how at home she is in there. Also Contralto?
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jin on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:42 am

There's an E6 in Freak, although I don't know if it's her or something else... Sounds kinda processed to me.

Happens at the end of each pre-chorus leading into the chorus.

Last edited by jin on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding deatials)
jin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:34 am

jin wrote:There's an E6 in Freak, although I don't know if it's her or something else... Sounds kinda processed to me.

mmmm, is that a voice?
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Holsety on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:10 am

Okay OP, no need to be an idiot. Just add the notes someone spent their own time researching. Considering their color it's safe to say their research is perfectly reliable.
Holsety
Admin

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:25 am

Holsety wrote:Okay OP, no need to be an idiot. Just add the notes someone spent their own time researching. Considering their color it's safe to say their research is perfectly reliable.

That wasn't the OP that was criticizing him, though, was it? Unless posts were deleted or I'm completely misunderstanding what you're saying, it looked like it was just some random noob that hasn't posted in a good four months or so.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:36 am

I also didn't understand what he said lol
the OP is inactive for months...
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Holsety on Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:51 pm

I was referring to how he didn't want to add the stuff Saint researched way earlier in the thread.
Holsety
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Holsety wrote:I was referring to how he didn't want to add the stuff Saint researched way earlier in the thread.

Ah, I see. Yeah, that was silly. In any case, the guy did say that every thread of his except Martin, Kerr, Reynolds and Shinoda is up for grabs, so I'm sure someone can restart that thread with the info culled by Saint.

Breaking wrote:I can't be present here like this summer so i decided to give all my thread, (apart the Chris Martin thread, the Mike Kerr thread, the Dan Reynolds thread and the Mike Shinoda thread) if someone want it, can take it. Smile
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jin on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:58 am

Demi wrote:
jin wrote:There's an E6 in Freak, although I don't know if it's her or something else... Sounds kinda processed to me.

mmmm, is that a voice?

I have no idea! Kinda sounds like a voice, I'm just considering it since I'm used to hearing Florence Welch do those types of things (like random high notes in the bg or it sounding processed as well). I know Lana can get up to an E6 but I think only when it's an exclamation note.
jin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Holsety on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Well, I just went ahead and put in Saint's research because rejecting research from someone better than you at notewatching is an butthead thing to do.
Holsety
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:23 pm

Holsety wrote:Well, I just went ahead and put in Saint's research because rejecting research from someone better than you at notewatching is an butthead thing to do.
thank you Holstey Joyful
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Tue May 17, 2016 11:33 am

Holsety wrote:Well, I just went ahead and put in Saint's research because rejecting research from someone better than you at notewatching is an butthead thing to do.
Oh, i didn't read that.  Laughing
I didn't understand why you was so "angry", i wrote months ago: "I can't be present here like this summer, so i give all my thread apart etc..." 
When i start this thread i was really into it, so i wanted to do the thread with my hand, was my thread! 
i didn't rejected Saint's research, i only wanted to do the thread myself. 
When i went away for months this thread could be restarted by Saint with all the notes he had found.
Anyway, i'm not that bad at notewatching, i think. 
Peace and love SmileSmileSmile
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Tue May 17, 2016 11:40 pm

Breaking wrote:
Oh, i didn't read that.  Laughing
I didn't understand why you was so "angry", i wrote months ago: "I can't be present here like this summer, so i give all my thread apart etc..." 
When i start this thread i was really into it, so i wanted to do the thread with my hand, was my thread! 
i didn't rejected Saint's research, i only wanted to do the thread myself. 
When i went away for months this thread could be restarted by Saint with all the notes he had found.
Anyway, i'm not that bad at notewatching, i think. 
Peace and love SmileSmileSmile
holsity just hates you man, welcome to the club. you may enter the black temple of cursed and tainted souls now. you can remove your shoes at the entrance and demi will receive your face and mark you with the mark of cain. then you'll continue up to the second floor, where you'll meet reb there. he'll give you new armor and cloak in the name of the akatsuki clan. then you'll go up to the third floor. now, don't panic if you see my head getting executed, it's just that my time has come

oh and don't get freaked out by the broken bones at the hallway, these were just victims of the last legendary almighty insurgent, imdevine
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Wed May 18, 2016 7:11 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JavJEGP on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Lana Hits Belt with peak G5 in Queen of Disaster. Dance

JavJEGP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:54 pm

No one wants this thread?
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockin' D on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:41 pm

Breaking wrote:No one wants this thread?
Couldn't Saint.0 have it since he has all the research now?
Rockin' D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:50 am

oh, i don't know.
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content