Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lana Del Rey

Post  Breaking on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:08 am

Vocal Range: B2-E♭6

Significant High Notes:

• E♭6 ("Kinda Outta Luck")
  • C♯6 ("Cola", "Without You")
  • C6 ("National Anthem", "Off To The Races")
  • G♯5 ("Money Power Glory")
  • G5 ("Cola", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Off To The Races")
  • F♯5 ("Is This Happiness", "Money Power Glory", "Off To The Races", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Without You")
  • F5 ("Blue Jeans", "Dayglo Reflection", "Pretty When You Cry", "Prisoner", "Summer Wine", "The Other Woman", "Us Against The World", "Wait For Life")
  • E5 ("Bel Air", "Carmen", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Cola", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "Is This Happiness", "Lucky Ones", "Off To The Races", "Ride", "Sad Girl", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Ultraviolence, "Us Against The World", "West Coast", "Yayo", "You Can Be The Boss")
  • E♭5 ("Big Eyes", "Blue Jeans", "Brooklyn Baby", "Flipside", "Florida Kilos", "Gods And Monsters", "Guns And Roses", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Money Power Glory", "Prisoner", "Serial Killer", "Why Don't You Do Right?" live Montreal 2015, "Yayo")
  • D5 ("American", "Big Eyes", "Big Spender", "Black Beauty", "Body Electric", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "Lolita", "Lucky Ones", "Off To The Races", "Prisoner", "Sad Girl", "Shades Of Cool", "Summer Wine", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Ultraviolence", "West Coast", "You Can Be The Boss")
  • C♯5 ("Body Electric", "Cola", "Dark Paradise", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Flipside", "Gods And Monsters", "Guns And Roses", "Money Power Glory", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Summertime Sadness", "West Coast", "Without You")
  • C5 ("Bel Air", "Big Eyes", "Blue Jeans", "Brooklyn Baby", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Diet Mountain Dew", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Gloria" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "I Can Fly", "Is This Happiness", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lolita", "Lucky Ones", "Once Upon A Dream", "Pretty When You Cry", "Sad Girl", "Shades Of Cool", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Us Against The World", "Video Games" various live performances, "You Can Be The Boss", "You, Mister")
  • B4 ("American", "Bel Air", "Carmen", "Cola", "Dark Paradise", "Flipside", "Gods And Monsters", "Is This Happiness", "Kill Kill", "Lover's Fate", "Off To The Races", "Money Power Glory", "Radio", "Ride", "Serial Killer", "Summertime Sadness", "Why Don't You Do Right?" live Montreal 2015, "Without You", "Yayo", "You Can Be The Boss")
  • B♭4 ("Brooklyn Baby", "Blue Jeans", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Guns And Roses", "Lolita", "Million Dollar Man", "National Anthem", "Once Upon A Dream", "Pretty When You Cry", "Prisoner", "Summer Wine", "Ultraviolence", "Us Against The World", "Wait For Life", "Why Don't You Do Right?" live Montreal 2015, "Without You", "Yayo")
  • A4 ("American", "Big Spender", "Black Beauty", "Body Electric", "Born To Die", "Burning Desire", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Cruel World", "Dark Paradise", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Gloria" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Guns And Roses", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "In Wendy", "Is This Happiness", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lucky Ones", "More Mountains", "Off To The Races", "Old Money", "Radio", "Sad Girl", "Shades Of Cool", "Summer Wine", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Ultraviolence", "Video Games", "Wait", "Wait For Life", "West Coast", "Without You", "You Can Be The Boss", "You, Mister", "Young And Beautiful")

Significant Low Notes:

• F♯3 ("Bel Air", "Big Eyes", "Born To Die", "Carmen", "Dayglo Reflection", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Gods And Monsters", "Guns And Roses", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "Is This Happiness", "Live My Life", "Lucky Ones", "Money Power Glory", "Off To The Races", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Summertime Sadness", "Ultraviolence", "Video Games", "Wait For Life", "West Coast", "You Can Be The Boss", "You, Mister", "Young And Beautiful", "Young Like Me",)
  • F3 ("Body Electric", "Black Beauty", "Blue Jeans", "Blue Velvet", "Brooklyn Baby", "Burning Desire", "Chelsea Hotel No. 2", "Diet Mountain Dew", "For You", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Life Is Beautiful", "Lolita", "Old Money", "Once Upon A Dream", "Serial Killer", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Us Against The World", "Wait For Life", "West Coast", "Yayo")
  • E3 ("American", "Bel Air", "Born To Die", "Carmen", "Flipside", "Kill Kill", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lolita", "Lover's Fate", "Off To The Races", "Once Upon A Dream", "Ride", "Serial Killer", "Summertime Sadness", "Ultraviolence", "Video Games", "Young And Beautiful")
  • E♭3 ("Bel Air", "Black Beauty", "Blue Velvet", "Born To Die", "Cola", "Dayglo Reflection", "Gods And Monsters", "Guns And Roses", "Lover's Fate", "Million Dollar Man", "Money Power Glory", "Old Money", "Radio", "Ride", "The Other Woman", "Video Games", "West Coast")
  • D3 ("American", "Black Beauty", "Born To Die", "Burning Desire", "Chelsea Hotel No. 2", "Guns And Roses", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lucky Ones", "Off To The Races", "Once Upon A Dream", "Radio", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Wait For Life", "Yayo", "Young And Beautiful")
  • C♯3 ("Black Beauty (Demo)", "Body Electric", "Burning Desire", "Carmen", "Cola", "Flipside", "Million Dollar Man", "Old Money", "Summertime Sadness", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Without You")
  • C3 ("Bel Air", "Blue Velvet", "Burning Desire", "Carmen", "Chelsea Hotel No. 2", "I Can Fly", "Lucky Ones", "Million Dollar Man" sung in interview, "Old Money", "Prisoner", "Ride")
  • B2 ("Kill Kill", "Ride" video)

All notewatching done by Saint
If Someone wants this thread, PM me that can take over. Smile

old thread:
Significant high notes:

• G5 ("Off to the Races")
  • F5 ("Blue Jeans")
  • E5 ("Off to the Races")
  • D5 ("Off to the Races")
  • C♯5 ("Blue Jeans", "Dark Paradise", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Summertime Sadness", "Without You")
  • C5 ("Dark Paradise", "Diet Mountain Dew", "This Is What Makes Us Girls")
  • B4 ("Carmen", "Dark Paradise", "Off to the Races", "Summertime Sadness")
  • B♭4 ("Blue Jeans", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Million Dollar Man", "National Anthem", "Without You")
  • A4 ("Born to Die", "Carmen", "Off to the Races", "Radio", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Video Games")

Significant low notes:

• F♯3 ("Born to Die", "Carmen", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Radio", "Summertime Sadness", "Video Games")
  • F3 ("Blue Jeans", "This Is What Makes Us Girls")
  • E3 ("Born to Die", "Carmen", "Off to the Races", "Summertime Sadness", "Video Games")
  • D3 ("Radio", "This Is What Makes Us Girls")
  • C♯3 ("Carmen", "Summertime Sadness")

Last edited by Breaking on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:17 am; edited 17 times in total
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lana Del Rey

Post  Breaking on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:11 am

her new thread, my first women thread!
anyway, the D3 and E♭3 in off the races deleate, too spoken for my taste, and, if you not found a note that was in the old OP it's because it's too short, or too spoken for me, etc...
start to notewatch her first studio album. Yeah!

EDIT

i forgot, i decided to start the lows on F♯3
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:25 am

Breaking wrote:her new thread, my first women thread!
anyway, the D3 and E♭3 in off the races deleate, too spoken for my taste, and, if you not found a note that was in the old OP it's because it's too short, or too spoken for me, etc...
start to notewatch her first studio album. Yeah!

EDIT

i forgot, i decided to start the lows on F♯3

Why not add them in Itallics and separate the thread in full controlled range and sung range? I mean she has a lot of sing/reciting in her songs.
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:19 am

i don't like to divide the two range, in controlled and total, and for the spoken notes, i usally not count it, i mean, sing is note spoke and aren't significative soooo.... all here Smile 
tomorrow i'll end up the first album and maybe too the second
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:24 am

Breaking wrote:i don't like to divide the two range, in controlled and total, and for the spoken notes, i usally not count it, i mean, sing is note spoke and aren't significative soooo.... all here Smile 
tomorrow i'll end up the first album and maybe too the second
Yeah but they are in a musical context. I think this is the right singer to do it with. But it's alright, it's your choice.
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:30 am

yeah yeah i know, but i'm not too sure, i'll decide in the next days, thanks Rebsedd!
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:22 am

I was thinking, is alto really appropriate for her?
i always thought that she is an alto, but, maybe someone else see her differently. Smile
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:23 am

I think contralto is the correct voice type, some people argued that "Alto" is wrong
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:06 am

I see you're notewatching her album Born to Die, I can help you out with stuff from her other albums if you want. I love her voice... kind of mesmerizing
Lupa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am

Omg, the picture you chose is great. She's so gorgeous, Also, nice job with the rest of the thread too Razz
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:47 pm

Prometheus wrote:I think contralto is the correct voice type, some people argued that "Alto" is wrong

Thank you Caner!

Lupa wrote:
I see you're notewatching her album Born to Die, I can help you out with stuff from her other albums if you want. I love her voice... kind of mesmerizing

don't worry, i think i'll finsh this thread into this week. Yeah!

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Omg, the picture you chose is great. She's so gorgeous, Also, nice job with the rest of the thread too Razz

Thank you Princess, this evening it will start to become bigger. Laughing
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint.0 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:00 pm

Darn it! I spent the last two days note-watching her entire career so I could restart the thread! I've note-watched every album from before Born To Die until Ultraviolence plus many unreleased songs and live performances. Ah well.

I'll just share what I've note-watched in a minute.

Last edited by Sober Needles on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saint.0
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint.0 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:06 pm

This was what I found. The stuff from the "Lana Del Ray" album in 2010 is not included because I had not yet added what I found to my note collection besides "Kill Kill", but I'll help notewatch it and "Honeymoon" in the morning.
stuff:
Significant High Notes:

• E♭6 ("Kinda Outta Luck")
  • C♯6 ("Cola", "Without You")
  • C6 ("National Anthem", "Off To The Races")
  • G♯5 ("Money Power Glory")
  • G5 ("Cola", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Off To The Races")
  • F♯5 ("Is This Happiness", "Money Power Glory", "Off To The Races", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Without You")
  • F5 ("Blue Jeans", "Dayglo Reflection", "Pretty When You Cry", "Prisoner", "Summer Wine", "The Other Woman", "Us Against The World", "Wait For Life")
  • E5 ("Bel Air", "Carmen", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Cola", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "Is This Happiness", "Lucky Ones", "Off To The Races", "Ride", "Sad Girl", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Ultraviolence, "Us Against The World", "West Coast", "Yayo", "You Can Be The Boss")
  • E♭5 ("Big Eyes", "Blue Jeans", "Brooklyn Baby", "Flipside", "Florida Kilos", "Gods And Monsters", "Guns And Roses", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Money Power Glory", "Prisoner", "Serial Killer", "Why Don't You Do Right?" live Montreal 2015, "Yayo")
  • D5 ("American", "Big Eyes", "Big Spender", "Black Beauty", "Body Electric", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "Lolita", "Lucky Ones", "Off To The Races", "Prisoner", "Sad Girl", "Shades Of Cool", "Summer Wine", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Ultraviolence", "West Coast", "You Can Be The Boss")
  • C♯5 ("Body Electric", "Cola", "Dark Paradise", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Flipside", "Gods And Monsters", "Guns And Roses", "Money Power Glory", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Summertime Sadness", "West Coast", "Without You")
  • C5 ("Bel Air", "Big Eyes", "Blue Jeans", "Brooklyn Baby", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Diet Mountain Dew", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Gloria" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "I Can Fly", "Is This Happiness", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lolita", "Lucky Ones", "Once Upon A Dream", "Pretty When You Cry", "Sad Girl", "Shades Of Cool", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Us Against The World", "Video Games" various live performances, "You Can Be The Boss", "You, Mister")
  • B4 ("American", "Bel Air", "Carmen", "Cola", "Dark Paradise", "Flipside", "Gods And Monsters", "Is This Happiness", "Kill Kill", "Lover's Fate", "Off To The Races", "Money Power Glory", "Radio", "Ride", "Serial Killer", "Summertime Sadness", "Why Don't You Do Right?" live Montreal 2015, "Without You", "Yayo", "You Can Be The Boss")
  • B♭4 ("Brooklyn Baby", "Blue Jeans", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Guns And Roses", "Lolita", "Million Dollar Man", "National Anthem", "Once Upon A Dream", "Pretty When You Cry", "Prisoner", "Summer Wine", "Ultraviolence", "Us Against The World", "Wait For Life", "Why Don't You Do Right?" live Montreal 2015, "Without You", "Yayo")
  • A4 ("American", "Big Spender", "Black Beauty", "Body Electric", "Born To Die", "Burning Desire", "Chet Baker" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Cruel World", "Dark Paradise", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Gloria" live MTV Unplugged 2010, "Guns And Roses", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "In Wendy", "Is This Happiness", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lucky Ones", "More Mountains", "Off To The Races", "Old Money", "Radio", "Sad Girl", "Shades Of Cool", "Summer Wine", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Ultraviolence", "Video Games", "Wait", "Wait For Life", "West Coast", "Without You", "You Can Be The Boss", "You, Mister", "Young And Beautiful")

Significant Low Notes:

• F♯3 ("Bel Air", "Big Eyes", "Born To Die", "Carmen", "Dayglo Reflection", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Gods And Monsters", "Guns And Roses", "Heart-Shaped Box" live Oslo 2013, "Is This Happiness", "Live My Life", "Lucky Ones", "Money Power Glory", "Off To The Races", "Serial Killer", "Summer Wine", "Summertime Sadness", "Ultraviolence", "Video Games", "Wait For Life", "West Coast", "You Can Be The Boss", "You, Mister", "Young And Beautiful", "Young Like Me",)
  • F3 ("Body Electric", "Black Beauty", "Blue Jeans", "Blue Velvet", "Brooklyn Baby", "Burning Desire", "Chelsea Hotel No. 2", "Diet Mountain Dew", "For You", "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Life Is Beautiful", "Lolita", "Old Money", "Once Upon A Dream", "Serial Killer", "The Other Woman", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Us Against The World", "Wait For Life", "West Coast", "Yayo")
  • E3 ("American", "Bel Air", "Born To Die", "Carmen", "Flipside", "Kill Kill", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lolita", "Lover's Fate", "Off To The Races", "Once Upon A Dream", "Ride", "Serial Killer", "Summertime Sadness", "Ultraviolence", "Video Games", "Young And Beautiful")
  • E♭3 ("Bel Air", "Black Beauty", "Blue Velvet", "Born To Die", "Cola", "Dayglo Reflection", "Gods And Monsters", "Guns And Roses", "Lover's Fate", "Million Dollar Man", "Money Power Glory", "Old Money", "Radio", "Ride", "The Other Woman", "Video Games", "West Coast")
  • D3 ("American", "Black Beauty", "Born To Die", "Burning Desire", "Chelsea Hotel No. 2", "Guns And Roses", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Lucky Ones", "Off To The Races", "Once Upon A Dream", "Radio", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Wait For Life", "Yayo", "Young And Beautiful")
  • C♯3 ("Black Beauty (Demo)", "Body Electric", "Burning Desire", "Carmen", "Cola", "Flipside", "Million Dollar Man", "Old Money", "Summertime Sadness", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Without You")
  • C3 ("Bel Air", "Blue Velvet", "Burning Desire", "Carmen", "Chelsea Hotel No. 2", "I Can Fly", "Lucky Ones", "Million Dollar Man" sung in interview, "Old Money", "Prisoner", "Ride")
  • B2 ("Kill Kill", "Ride" video)

Saint.0
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:07 pm

oh i'm sorry, but i asked the permission to B6, so...
anyway i prefer to notewatch by mysef, i like notewatch. Smile
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:12 pm

Breaking wrote:oh i'm sorry, but i asked the permission to B6, so...
anyway i prefer to notewatch by mysef, i like notewatch. Smile
At least check what Sober gave you Neutral It's a lot of stuff
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:15 pm

yeah i know, but i don't put all his note in the OP, i'll continue to notewatch and check his stuff Smile
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint.0 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:22 pm

I'll be happy to point out where any notes are that you are unsure of that I posted.
Saint.0
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Sober Needles wrote:I'll be happy to point out where any notes are that you are unsure of that I posted.

okay, for example, the C3 and E5 in Carmen ?
and the E♭3 in Radio?
the D5 in This Is What Makes Us Girls?
The F♯3 from Off to the Races?
The C6 in National Anthem?
The E♭5 from Blue Jeans?
The C♯3, F♯5, C♯6 in Without You?

i don't know, i relistened to this songs many times, but, i still not heard those notes.
are they ultra buried in the mix or so short?

Last edited by Breaking on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:25 am; edited 4 times in total
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:20 pm

The C♯3 that you count from million dollar man is that at 1.48 ?

i think it's a B2 followed by a nanocrusis C♯3 and in this live sounds good

is too short btw
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Setzer on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:08 am

What happened to the C#6 in Cola?
Setzer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jin on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:49 am

I would like to think her voice would classify as a dugazon.
jin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:11 am

guys, i notewatched only her first album and the song Without you.
i'm going in order, so, tomorrow i'll start the second, after the third and than the EP ecc...
when i'm ready and i will write here "The thread is finished" you can ask me all the question that you want, but now the thread is in construction, so, be patient. Smile
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonard_Cohen on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:24 am

contraalto... get real, she cant consistently sing low unless in studio, she's like somewhere between alto and mezzo, but contra is as off as making her out to be a soprano
Leonard_Cohen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Fabulous on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:16 pm

I've heard some people call her a dugazon but I suck at classifying voices.
Mr.Fabulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:11 pm

I have no knowledge on this kind of stuff, I just read a lot of stuff on the internet, but as far as I could gather, this whole voice types were meant for classical singing, people just started adapting them to popular music, but somethings just makes no sense when you consider non classical music. For starters, that's why a lot of people tend to classify someone's voice based on range alone, when in fact, the range alone has nothing to do with the voice type. I read somewhere, (I don't remember where exactly) that the Dugazon thing is a female singer who has a different "texture" on different registers, it's different if you compare the singer's low register to the high register. Then I read elsewhere that a "jeune Dugazon" is similar to a soubrette soprano, has an agile voice and the "mère Dugazon" was more like a mature mezzo soprano. I don't really know what to think about this dugazon thing right now, if you think about this different texture thing, it kinda makes sense to classify Lana as a dugazon, her high notes are pretty light and soft, whereas her low notes are pretty dark and solid, but not as dark as a contralto. I don't even know if those sources were reliable, so I might be saying a bunch of crap.

IMHO, there is no point in discussing voice types, especially if we start talking about small details and specific classifications (like lyrical, dramatic, coloratura...) it always leads to never-ending disagreement.
Lupa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top