Acapella josh turner cover "softly and tenderly"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Acapella josh turner cover "softly and tenderly"

Post  tyreque2 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:28 pm

This is a cover I threw together in 2 hours, and
As much as I wish I was a natural bass I admit to being a tenor voice, which probably means that this is a little dangerous for my voice, but who doesn't love a good range wanking session especially when you bottom out in the First octave. Lol, plus I personally think it's fun to listen to...

tyreque2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Acapella josh turner cover "softly and tenderly"

Post  CoolBeans on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:29 am

Pretty good for a tenor. Is that mixed voice down in your lower register or pure fry? I personally have trouble keeping pitch around the break in my lower register, but you sounded like you controlled it pretty well. The harmonies and chords were also very pretty. Thumb up
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tyreque2 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:52 am

CoolBJ wrote:Pretty good for a tenor. Is that mixed voice down in your lower register or pure fry? I personally have trouble keeping pitch around the break in my lower register, but you sounded like you controlled it pretty well. The harmonies and chords were also very pretty. Thumb up

I have a habit of darkening which makes me appear as a baritone, did I sound like a baritone to you? I'm just curious.
That low G(below bass low C) was pure fry, but it wasn't anywhere near as easy as it may have sounded, I need very, very specific warm-ups to get it that good, and I needed to be very close to the microphone, I have the same problems with breaks down there.
during this recording I also threw in some bass low C's using kargyraan throat singing as well, which wasn't too hard.

Thank you! Smile

tyreque2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:29 am

tyreque2 wrote:
CoolBJ wrote:Pretty good for a tenor. Is that mixed voice down in your lower register or pure fry? I personally have trouble keeping pitch around the break in my lower register, but you sounded like you controlled it pretty well. The harmonies and chords were also very pretty. Thumb up

I have a habit of darkening which makes me appear as a baritone, did I sound like a baritone to you? I'm just curious.
That low G(below bass low C) was pure fry, but it wasn't anywhere near as easy as it may have sounded, I need very, very specific warm-ups to get it that good, and I needed to be very close to the microphone, I have the same problems with breaks down there.
during this recording I also threw in some bass low C's using kargyraan throat singing as well, which wasn't too hard.

Thank you! Smile

I thought I heard throat-singing involved!  Laughing I think the arrangement was pretty cool. Maybe you could help my group with composing in the future...? Wink

EDIT: to answer your question: you sounded quite comfortable down there, if that's what you're asking. I personally believe voice types don't really have much meaning  outside of operatic and choral settings (even then, they were only designed around various singer's tessituras, of whom some did not even technically fall under the fach they were placed under). My opinion's not very educated though.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tyreque2 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:57 am

CoolBJ wrote:
tyreque2 wrote:

Thank you! Smile

I thought I heard throat-singing involved!  Laughing I think the arrangement was pretty cool. Maybe you could help my group with composing in the future...? Wink

EDIT: to answer your question: you sounded quite comfortable down there, if that's what you're asking. I personally believe voice types don't really have much meaning  outside of operatic and choral settings (even then, they were only designed around various singer's tessituras, of whom some did not even technically fall under the fach they were placed under). My opinion's not very educated though.

I'd love to help you whenever you're open to it. I don't usually compose though, i just threw it together with basically no thought really.
Thank you!

tyreque2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top