View previous topic View next topic Go down

Caleb Hyles

Post  keithmattix on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:41 pm

Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: E♭2-A5

Significant High Notes
A5: "When a Man Loves a Woman", "Bells of Notre Dame"
G♯5: "Dream On", Shut Up and Dance"
F♯5: "Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Chandelier", "Emperor's New Clothes", "My Life Would Suck Without You", "This Day Aria"
F5: "Defying Gravity"
E5: "Centuries", "For The First Time In Forever (Reprise)", "My Life Would Suck Without You", "This Day Aria", "Warriors", "Bells of Notre Dame"
E♭5: "Defying Gravity", "Emperor's New Clothes", "Firework", "Hello", "Let It Go", "This Day Aria"
D5: "All Too Well", "Fight Song", "My Life Would Suck Without You", "This Is Halloween", "Uptown Funk", "When a Man Loves a Woman"
C♯5 "Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Defying Gravity", "For The First Time In Forever (Reprise)", "This Is Halloween"
C5: "Dream On", "Fight Song", "Firework", "For The First Time In Forever", "I Dreamed a Dream", "Valjean's Soliloquy", "Death of a Bachelor". "Bells of Notre Dame"
B4: "Centuries", "Fight Song", "It's Time", "Uma Thurman", "Warriors", "When a Man Loves a Woman"
B♭4: "Hello", "I See Fire", "Shut Up and Dance", "When a Man Loves a Woman"
A4: "It's Time", "My Life Would Suck Without You", "The Sound of Silence", "This Day Aria", "This is Gospel", "Uptown Funk", "Valjean's Soliloquy", "Death of a Bachelor"
G♯4: "Dream On", "Firework", "I See Fire", "Shut Up and Dance", "Valjean's Soliloquy"

Significant Low Notes
C3: "All Too Well", "For The First Time In Forever", "Let It Go", "Valjean's Soliloquy"
B2: "My Life Would Suck Without You", "This is Gospel", "Warriors"
B♭2: "Chandelier", "For The First Time In Forever", "I See Fire", "Let It Go"
A2: "Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Defying Gravity", "For The First Time In Forever", "This is Gospel"
G♯2: "Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Defying Gravity", "Hello", "I See Fire", "Let It Go", "This Day Aria"
G2: "Centuries", "For The First Time In Forever (Reprise)"
F♯2: "I Dreamed a Dream", "The Sound of Silence", "This Is Halloween", "Uma Thurman"
F2: "All Too Well", "Defying Gravity", "Hello", "Let It Go"
E♭2: "This Is Halloween"
Italics: Spoken or exclaimed notes
Underlines: Notes found in backing vocals or harmonies
Green: Harsh/Screamed notes

Caleb Hyles is a youtube singer and lead vocalist for the band From the Dark. Caleb has an incredible range, and it seems like it hasn't stopped expanding. He has a nice sounding lower range, and his upper modal range extends all the way to the mid 5th octave. His belts are remarkable, but he also has the ability to hit his high notes with an operatic tone and quality.

Last edited by keithmattix on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:25 am; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Add Toast's edits and a summary.)

keithmattix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Caleb Hyles

Post  TheDeathBat on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:22 pm

good thread so far the only thing i'd change is the HIGH Baritenor thing just list him as a Baritenor or a Tenor, prefixes like that are outdated and you might get backlash for using them, also try to keep full voice outta this it can cause a mess, I'm just saying this before someone is rude instead, if you want to use a coloring system you can use blue for distinct soft falsetto and purple for backing vocals,  and for some vocalists Green for Harsh/Screamed notes, also if he's a Baritenor bring his lows up to at least a C3 and his highs down to A4/B4.
TheDeathBat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE: Caleb Hyles

Post  keithmattix on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:40 pm

Thanks for the advice! This is just to get started.

keithmattix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:08 pm

It's also useful to include a colour key in small print at the bottom to define any colours you use. Btw I'm interested to see the notes listed for Let It Go - does he start an octave lower and go up to the original octave for the end or what?
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  keithmattix on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:19 pm

Yep, that's exactly what he does.

F2 at 0:39 and E♭5 at 3:24.

keithmattix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:23 pm

keithmattix wrote:Yep, that's exactly what he does.

F2 at 0:39 and E♭5 at 3:24.
Yeah this cover is insane, I still listen to it once in a while. I'd advise you use color=green instead of #00cc00.
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Valmo on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJxhcRN37oY

at 3:57 he over-shoots the first of the classic G#5's and instead hits a nice A5, followed by three G#5's. Dude has a stellar voice, by the way! Wink

Valmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Private Perineum on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Tenor.
Private Perineum

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/timialexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:56 pm

keithmattix wrote:

Voice Type: Baritenor
Vocal Range: F2-F♯5
(Work in progress)

High Notes:
F♯5: "Behind These Hazel Eyes", " My Life Would Suck Without You", "This Day Aria"
F5: "Defying Gravity"
E5: "Warriors", " My Life Would Suck Without You", "This Day Aria"
E♭5: "Let It Go", "This Day Aria"
D5: "Fight Song"
C5: "I Dreamed a Dream"
B4: "Warriors"
B♭4: "Shut Up and Dance With Me"
A4: "This is Gospel"

Low Notes:
C3: "Chandelier"
B2: "This is Gospel"
A2: "This is Gospel"
G2: "First Time in Forever (Reprise)"
F♯2: "I Dreamed a Dream"
F2: "Let It Go"

Green: Harsh/Screamed notes
Black: Modal register

I was shocked when I found out no one had done this guy. If you want video proof of any of the notes, just ask.

Anybody's working on this? Guy has a sick chandelier cover too... Curious about the outcome , great lows and highs.

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:56 am

Aw, damn it. I found out about this guy quite recently and wanted to make a thread, but I didn't realize that it had already been taken. Oh well.

This thread still seems pretty bare, though. I can go digging through and find some notes if you'd like.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:11 am

Toast wrote:Aw, damn it. I found out about this guy quite recently and wanted to make a thread, but I didn't realize that it had already been taken. Oh well.

This thread still seems pretty bare, though. I can go digging through and find some notes if you'd like.

Yeah man, go for it.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack-OF-Blades on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:35 pm

Eb5's and F#5 in this one like the original ?

Also, for more interesting lows : I heard F#2's at the lowest.
Jack-OF-Blades

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfmzt22EmvsXEyyManBVqAg

Back to top Go down

Post  keithmattix on Sun May 01, 2016 5:16 am

Toast wrote:Aw, damn it. I found out about this guy quite recently and wanted to make a thread, but I didn't realize that it had already been taken. Oh well.

Yeah man feel free. School has been killing my notewatch time.

keithmattix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Mon May 02, 2016 4:54 am

I'll just start off with a range extension.

Harmonized G♯2 at 0:40 and B4s at 0:55. F♯2 at 1:32 and D5s at 2:00. Also, there's a harmonized E♭2 at 2:09.

I think that something that I may do is just revamp the entire OP (rearrange into alphabetical order, add some more notes, etc.) just to give a bit of a boost to this thread.

Lastly, may I ask what the A♭ here means?
keithmattix wrote:Vocal Range: A♭-G5
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  keithmattix on Mon May 02, 2016 5:07 am

Whoops, I meant Ab2. He stated his range in a live stream.

keithmattix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Mon May 02, 2016 5:10 am

Wait, but he can obviously sing down to F2 (or E♭2, like I just showed), so shouldn't it be listed in the OP as such?
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Mon May 02, 2016 5:10 am

But he clearly sang an F2 in the Let It Go cover? Weird
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  keithmattix on Mon May 02, 2016 5:16 am

Yeah, I noticed that too. What I've realized after following Caleb after a couple of years is that his range has increased in his highs but decreased in his lows. In his let it go cover, he all but shouts the last Eb5 but in his Emperor's New Clothes cover, he octave jumps to an E5 relatively easily.

keithmattix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack-OF-Blades on Mon May 02, 2016 5:22 am

keithmattix wrote:Yeah, I noticed that too. What I've realized after following Caleb after a couple of years is that his range has increased in his highs but decreased in his lows. In his let it go cover, he all but shouts the last Eb5 but in his Emperor's New Clothes cover, he octave jumps to an E5 relatively easily.

His cover of " the sound of silence" is very recent though, and he has some great lows like F#2 in it.
Jack-OF-Blades

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Mon May 02, 2016 5:24 am

I think it makes a lot more sense to just list his range as what's displayed rather than just sticking to his "official" vocal range because he was the guy who stated it.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  keithmattix on Mon May 02, 2016 5:25 am

Hmm, good point; I forgot about that one. I just heard him say Ab2 and went with it lol. I'll change it.

keithmattix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack-OF-Blades on Mon May 02, 2016 5:26 am

Could have been a mistake or maybe he was thinking of his own " confortable range" for a live setting for example ?
Jack-OF-Blades

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Mon May 02, 2016 6:01 am

Just looking through the OP a bit, it seems like you've completely missed a few notes from a few of the songs listed (no G♯2 from Let It Go listed, and the B♭2s and F♯5s from Chandelier are also missing).

Oh, and one more thing:
keithmattix wrote:Black: Modal register
Yeah, no. Nobody uses black to mark modal notes, and nobody should.

I'll be honest, this thread isn't really being held up very well. I mean, I know you have school and stuff to deal with (believe me, I have a ton of school related shit to deal with as well), but this is really kind of bare-bones for being out since September. Is it really that hard to just find some time during the weekends to work on the thread a bit, even if it's only for a few minutes?

Later today I'll find the time to take the OP and beef it up slightly, but I'm hoping that you can add some stuff to it as well once I'm done and it's posted here.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack-OF-Blades on Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 am

Quick F2 at 00:53. Also some nice G#2 during the first verse.
Later on Bb4 and in the last chorus, connected Eb5.

A2 at 00:35 and 00:50
Jack-OF-Blades

Back to top Go down

Post  keithmattix on Mon May 02, 2016 7:40 am

Toast wrote:Just looking through the OP a bit, it seems like you've completely missed a few notes from a few of the songs listed (no G♯2 from Let It Go listed, and the B♭2s and F♯5s from Chandelier are also missing).

Oh, and one more thing:
keithmattix wrote:Black: Modal register
Yeah, no. Nobody uses black to mark modal notes, and nobody should.

I'll be honest, this thread isn't really being held up very well. I mean, I know you have school and stuff to deal with (believe me, I have a ton of school related shit to deal with as well), but this is really kind of bare-bones for being out since September. Is it really that hard to just find some time during the weekends to work on the thread a bit, even if it's only for a few minutes?

Later today I'll find the time to take the OP and beef it up slightly, but I'm hoping that you can add some stuff to it as well once I'm done and it's posted here.

Totally fair. Tbh, I haven't been around lately in general and didn't put the time in to make this thread what it can be. Caleb is an amazing singer and his thread should reflect that. That being said, there are some things about the site that I either haven't noticed or have changed. I remember all non-special notes being black on posts, but I could be wrong. I'll put some time in soon to expand the thread and learn how things should go.

keithmattix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top