Chris Rupp

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chris Rupp

Post  CoolBeans on Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:29 am

AxelFuentes wrote:
CoolBJ wrote:
Ah yes. I knew he sang the guitar part but I didn't check the beginning. Thanks for noticing that.
I'm pretty sure the guitar part is Tim. Austin and Rob sing it live.
The Bass is definitely Chris, as I stated on the first page, which means that there's a couple of E2's as TheToastedTurkey stated, plus a bunch of F♯2's, G♯2's, A2's, B2's and C♯3's.

I already have the latter lows listed, but I'm pretty sure that Rob and Austin sing the guitar part in the studio and live version because

1. there are two people singing it.
2. Tim is singing lead and supposedly beatboxing at both sections.

Last edited by CoolBJ on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:02 am

The guitar part is sung by Rob and Austin. Watching the music video while listening closely to the voices should help you figure that out.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:09 am

Looking through their older albums:

I found a few E4s here and there, anything else?

Oh, and I will be accepting up to D3 as low notes now (instead of up to B2) so if you find any, bring 'em on up.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:29 am

Wait, so does this mean that Austin has E2 in his range?
I ask that, because in live performances, Austin sings E3-F♯3, with Rob singing a 5th Higher, B3-C♯3.
In the studio version, I hear E2-F♯2 with B2-C♯3 together.
Unless the E2-F♯2 is coming from Rob, and the B2-C♯3 is coming from Austin, which would make more sense...
What do you guys think?

Sorry for asking about this on Chris's thread, but seeing as we're already talking about it...
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:00 am

AxelFuentes wrote:Sorry for asking about this on Chris's thread, but seeing as we're already talking about it...

Don't worry about it; it's a Home Free thread so other members of Home Free are welcome to be discussed here.

AxelFuentes wrote:Wait, so does this mean that Austin has E2 in his range?
I ask that, because in live performances, Austin sings E3-F♯3, with Rob singing a 5th Higher, B3-C♯3.
Unless the E2-F♯2 is coming from Rob, and the B2-C♯3 is coming from Austin, which would make more sense...
What do you guys think?

Rob is the only other possibility; he has almost always sung the lower harmonies when singing alongside Austin (for obvious reasons).

Oh yeah, and in this live version of Ring of Fire, does the bass line Chris is singing at 3:38 really go E♭2-C♯2-B1? It's hard to tell but it sounds like he drops an octave from the usual E♭3-C♯3-B2.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:27 am

AxelFuentes wrote:Wait, so does this mean that Austin has E2 in his range?
What do you guys think?
I think that the E2s you're hearing don't exist. I'm hearing E3-F♯3 from Austin, and B2-C♯3 from Rob in the studio version.

CoolBJ wrote:
Oh yeah, and in this live version of Ring of Fire, does the bass line Chris is singing at 3:38 really go E♭2-C♯2-B1? It's hard to tell but it sounds like he drops an octave from the usual E♭3-C♯3-B2.
I'm hearing him go down to E♭2, but it sounds like he jumps back up to C♯3 after that. Still, there's an E♭2 in there.

CoolBJ wrote:Oh, and I will be accepting up to D3 as low notes now (instead of up to B2) so if you find any, bring 'em on up.
I think that D3 is actually really pushing it as far as significant lows go. I'd personally keep it where it is; if it must be raised, I'd only go up to C3.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:48 pm

The Toasted Turkey wrote:
I think that the E2s you're hearing don't exist. I'm hearing E3-F♯3 from Austin, and B2-C♯3 from Rob in the studio version.
I am still hearing E2's in there. As I stated before, it could be Tim on a separate track, or I'm imagining notes again xD
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:12 pm

I went back and listened to the final chord in "Goodbye My Coney Island Baby" a few more times, as well as watching the recordings that I could, and I think that I've mostly figured out what's going on within the harmonies:
Tim - G♯5-G♯4 / A5-A4 arpeggio
Matt - Sustained G♯5 / A5
Rob - E♭5-C5 / E5-C♯5
Chris - C5-E♭4 / C♯5-E4
Adam - I honestly have no idea. If I had to guess, he's probably sustaining the high note along with Matt.

So yeah, Chris isn't singing the E♭5 / E5, but he is singing a C5 / C♯5.
Silver lining: new notes for Chris, high notes for Rob.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:21 am

The Toasted Turkey wrote:I went back and listened to the final chord in "Goodbye My Coney Island Baby" a few more times, as well as watching the recordings that I could, and I think that I've mostly figured out what's going on within the harmonies:
Rob - E♭5-C5 / E5-C♯5
Chris - C5-E♭4 / C♯5-E4
Adam - I honestly have no idea. If I had to guess, he's probably sustaining the high note along with Matt.

In the live recording, I hear a sustained E5 along with all of that, which is probably Adam.
Good work figuring out all those parts! Thumb up

CoolBJ, why did you remove the B♭1?
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:46 pm

AxelFuentes wrote:
The Toasted Turkey wrote:I went back and listened to the final chord in "Goodbye My Coney Island Baby" a few more times, as well as watching the recordings that I could, and I think that I've mostly figured out what's going on within the harmonies:
Rob - E♭5-C5 / E5-C♯5
Chris - C5-E♭4 / C♯5-E4

In the live recording, I hear a sustained E5 along with all of that, which is probably Adam.
Good work figuring out all those parts! Thumb up

CoolBJ, why did you remove the B♭1?

For a few reasons:

1. Contrary to what The Long Shot said, there is a third, lower layer alongside Rob and Austin's parts. It's quiet, but you can hear it.
2. It would be a strangely strong note for Chris to be dropping all of a sudden (doesn't have a very "baritone-ish" quality to it).
3. In connection with the above, the note sounds more like Tim to me.
4. There is very little evidence that suggests Chris is, at any point in the song, singing the bass line. As a matter of fact, his mouth and head movements do not match it at all, really. Even if he did pop in at the end to drop a massive low note (for him), what would be the point?

As to who is singing the bass part, the most logical alternative would be Tim. They probably prerecorded him singing and played it over the speakers during the performance.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:27 pm

I'll examine it later and get back to you
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:07 am

Okay, I re-listened to the whole song multiple times, and upon closer listening, I hear Chris singing the bass line in some spots and singing harmonies in others. Here's what I hear at the end:
Austin & Rob: High harmonies
Chris: The B♭1
Adam: Sound Effects
Tim: At rest.

And his hand motion also leads me to believe that the B♭1 is Chris, and to add to that, it doesn't sound like Tim at all... Confused
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:29 am

AxelFuentes wrote:Okay, I re-listened to the whole song multiple times, and upon closer listening, I hear Chris singing the bass line in some spots and singing harmonies in others. Here's what I hear at the end:
Austin & Rob: High harmonies
Chris: The B♭1
Adam: Sound Effects
Tim: At rest.

And his hand motion also leads me to believe that the B♭1 is Chris, and to add to that, it doesn't sound like Tim at all... Confused

Sorry for the month-late reply. I've been taking a much-needed break. Razz

Here you are. Now let me see if I can dissect it by ear. Starting from B♭1 (at 19:49):

Chris: G4-F♯4-F4 (falsetto)
Rob: B4-G♯4-G4
Austin: E♭5-D5-C5 (possibly falsetto)
Bass, whoever he is: B♭1-E♭2
Tim: B♭2-C3-B♭2-G2-F2-E♭2 or something along those lines (it's a run, so...)

Even if I'm wrong, pretty audibly hearing a third, lower harmony besides Rob's and Austin's.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:58 am

I fucking hate his dumb cowboy hat.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:20 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:I fucking hate his dumb cowboy hat.

I actually kind of like it. Separates him from the rest of the group. Plus he reminds everybody that they're a country band (as if their music wasn't evidence enough).
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:43 am

I know, but there is country and then there is hick.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:25 pm

The Toasted Turkey wrote:I will just say that I don't think the G♯5 in the studio version exists.
Besides Austin's leading vocals, I'm hearing 4 other layers in the harmony. Here are the layers from highest to lowest (timings not taken into account):
A sustained E5.
E5-C♯5-C5
B4-A4
G♯4-E4

If I had to guess, Tim is probably singing the second layer (B4-A4) in the background in his falsetto register. The higher two layers don't sound like they're coming from Tim. I'm going to say that the two E5 layers are coming from Adam and Rob (not sure which belongs to whom, though). And yeah, lowest layer is from Chris.

In the live version, however... mostly the same case. Only difference is that Rob and Chris switch parts, and Scratch that, the harmonies do sound a bit different. Rob and Chris do switch when going into the harmony, though, and Tim still sings the same part. Everything is also a semitone down from the studio version. I can actually hear the G♯5 this time as well (It's kind of an overshot note, though, considering the song is tuned down a half-step). I am actually going to say that it's Chris hitting that high note, though.
I took the liberty of "Reverse Chipmunking" the E-major Chord at 3:17 from "O Holy Night," (lowering it by an octave on an audio editor) and I hear this:

Octave Down Clip / Original
G♯3 / G♯4 (Left Channel) - Sounds like Tim, honestly
B3 / B4 (Left Channel) - Rob?
B3 / B4 (Center) - Austin
E4 / E5 (Right Channel) - Adam?
G♯3 / G♯4 (Right Channel) - Chris?

So it's really just an Inverted E-Major chord. I just noticed that Laughing
Anyways, this is based on what their voices sound like.
What do you guys make of it?
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:39 am

AxelFuentes wrote:
The Toasted Turkey wrote:I will just say that I don't think the G♯5 in the studio version exists.
Besides Austin's leading vocals, I'm hearing 4 other layers in the harmony. Here are the layers from highest to lowest (timings not taken into account):
A sustained E5.
E5-C♯5-C5
B4-A4
G♯4-E4

If I had to guess, Tim is probably singing the second layer (B4-A4) in the background in his falsetto register. The higher two layers don't sound like they're coming from Tim. I'm going to say that the two E5 layers are coming from Adam and Rob (not sure which belongs to whom, though). And yeah, lowest layer is from Chris.

In the live version, however... mostly the same case. Only difference is that Rob and Chris switch parts, and Scratch that, the harmonies do sound a bit different. Rob and Chris do switch when going into the harmony, though, and Tim still sings the same part. Everything is also a semitone down from the studio version. I can actually hear the G♯5 this time as well (It's kind of an overshot note, though, considering the song is tuned down a half-step). I am actually going to say that it's Chris hitting that high note, though.
I took the liberty of "Reverse Chipmunking" the E-major Chord at 3:17 from "O Holy Night," (lowering it by an octave on an audio editor) and I hear this:

Octave Down Clip / Original
G♯3 / G♯4 (Left Channel) - Sounds like Tim, honestly
B3 / B4 (Left Channel) - Rob?
B3 / B4 (Center) - Austin
E4 / E5 (Right Channel) - Adam?
G♯3 / G♯4 (Right Channel) - Chris?

So it's really just an Inverted E-Major chord. I just noticed that Laughing
Anyways, this is based on what their voices sound like.
What do you guys make of it?

Are you talking about the live version or the studio one?

In the studio one, I believe the reason behind some of you hearing a G#5 is actually due to two of them hitting a G#4, which amplifies the overtones. If your dissection is accurate, Axel, then that would make sense.

If there aren't any other observations, I'll add the G#4.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:01 am

CoolBJ wrote:

Are you talking about the live version or the studio one?

In the studio one, I believe the reason behind some of you hearing a G#5 is actually due to two of them hitting a G#4, which amplifies the overtones. If your dissection is accurate, Axel, then that would make sense.

If there aren't any other observations, I'll add the G#4.
Yes, I'm talking about the studio one, which is in E-Major.
I also hear an E6 for a split second, but don't get too exited. It's just caused by overlapping voices. Very Happy
As for the live version, are we positively 100% sure that the G♯5 is actually sung and not caused by overlapping voices?

And finally, the E♭5 from "The Butts Remix" is actually an E5.

Last edited by AxelFuentes on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:03 am

AxelFuentes wrote:Yes, I'm talking about the studio one, which is in E-Major.
I also hear an E6 for a split second, but don't get too exited. It's just caused by overlapping voices. Very Happy
As for the live version, are we positively 100% sure that the G♯5 is actually sung and not caused by overlapping voices?

The note nearly ignited my headphones, so I'm pretty sure it exists.

And finally, the E♭5 from "The Butts Remix" is actually an E5.

You're absolutely right. That was a mispitch on my part. I'll fix it after I get back.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:53 am

CoolBJ wrote:
G♯1 ("This Is How We Roll" live)
There's an easy fix for this.

Write it like this:
Code:
[b]G♯1[/b] ("[u][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0OXF6u-EbU][color=blue]This Is How We Roll[/url][/u]" live[/color])

So that it looks like this:
G♯1 ("This Is How We Roll" live)
I apologize for saying "This" too many times. Laughing
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:37 pm

There's a G♯2 at the beginning of "Fishing in the Dark/Down in the Boondocks".
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:53 am

Hey guys! I was looking through my amazon recommendations and i found a SOLO ALBUM BY CHRIS!!

https://www.amazon.com/Shine-Chris-Rupp/dp/B01AOIS518/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_205

It's called "Shine" and It sounds pretty promising and should be notewatched! Dance Dance Dance
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MusicGeekSquad on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:00 am

So all we need is Adam to have a thread and I start making a thread for Home Free (studio only) like I did for Pentatonix Very Happy We need to do this for Voiceplay too
MusicGeekSquad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:41 am

Are the F♯4s at the beginning him? What about the G4s in the chorus? And the B4 at 1:23?
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top