Chris Rupp

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chris Rupp

Post  Toast on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:15 am

Pardon me for the double post, but I'm going to go back to "Goodbye My Coney Island Baby" for a bit.

Listen closely to 0:07. It sounds like he's starting on G5 and jumping up to B♭5. It definitely looks like it too. I'm not sure if those are real notes or if they're just overtones, though, because I haven't heard it in any of the other recordings that I've listened to.
Spoiler:
It's either a G4 and B♭4 or a G5 and B♭5.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:19 am

Okay after reading all of that, I'm extremely confused... Shocked Shocked Shocked
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:34 am

The Toasted Turkey wrote:I will just say that I don't think the G♯5 in the studio version exists.

I don't know why I didn't mention this already, but I don't hear it either.

Besides Austin's leading vocals, I'm hearing 4 other layers in the harmony. Here are the layers from highest to lowest (timings not taken into account):
A sustained E5.
E5-C♯5-C5
B4-A4
G♯4-E4

If I had to guess, Tim is probably singing the second layer (B4-A4) in the background in his falsetto register. The higher two layers don't sound like they're coming from Tim. I'm going to say that the two E5 layers are coming from Adam and Rob (not sure which belongs to whom, though). And yeah, lowest layer is from Chris.

In the live version, however... mostly the same case. Only difference is that Rob and Chris switch parts, and Scratch that, the harmonies do sound a bit different. Rob and Chris do switch when going into the harmony, though, and Tim still sings the same part. Everything is also a semitone down from the studio version. I can actually hear the G♯5 this time as well (It's kind of an overshot note, though, considering the song is tuned down a half-step). I am actually going to say that it's Chris hitting that high note, though.

Ah yes, that makes sense.

Pardon me for the double post, but I'm going to go back to "Goodbye My Coney Island Baby" for a bit.

Listen closely to 0:07. It sounds like he's starting on G5 and jumping up to B♭5. It definitely looks like it too. I'm not sure if those are real notes or if they're just overtones, though, because I haven't heard it in any of the other recordings that I've listened to.
Spoiler:

It's either a G4 and B♭4 or a G5 and B♭5.

It almost sounds like the G5 is someone cheering in the crowd. I do hear the B♭4 however, so you might be hearing overtones.

So, keep the G♯4 and add the G♯5 (O Holy Night) and B♭4/G4 (Goodbye My Coney Island Baby)?

Also, I posted about this earlier, but the lowest note among the myriad of harmonies at 0:18 sounds like an E♭5. I'm thinking it's Chris.

CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:32 am

Is it Chris singing the chest Bb1 at 19:48?

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:46 am

AcapellaBass wrote:Is it Chris singing the chest Bb1 at 19:48?

Considering that Tim's mic is away from his mouth, I'd say yes. Shocked
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:12 am

AxelFuentes wrote:

It's pretty unlikely, actually. If you look at Chris's face whenever the camera zooms out during the song, whatever he's singing is not the bassline, and nobody else looks like they're singing it (I mean, it could be Adam, but that's pushing it a little). I think they prerecorded Tim singing the bassline and played it over the speakers while Tim was singing lead. Sorry folks (still a good find for Tim).

So what's the consensus on the G♯5/E♭5 from O Holy Night?
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:56 am

CoolBJ wrote:
AxelFuentes wrote:

It's pretty unlikely, actually. If you look at Chris's face whenever the camera zooms out during the song, whatever he's singing is not the bassline, and nobody else looks like they're singing it (I mean, it could be Adam, but that's pushing it a little). I think they prerecorded Tim singing the bassline and played it over the speakers while Tim was singing lead. Sorry folks (still a good find for Tim).

So what's the consensus on the G♯5/E♭5 from O Holy Night?

I'm not entirely certain about it, but it seems the most likely that Chris is the one singing those notes. I'd probably add them and wait to see if anybody else has something to say about them.

The Coney Island Baby notes seem like they could be added as well.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:03 am

It's Chris. Doesn't sound like Tim, and I only hear Rob and Austin singing the higher harmonies there.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:26 am

Alright, I'll add the B♭1 then.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:45 am

CoolBJ wrote:
Voice Type: Baritone
Vocal Range: G♯1 - G♯5
Haha I just noticed that he has the same voice type and range as Scott Hoying Whistle
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:39 am

From about 0:35 (during the chorus), there's a second layer on top of the lead vocals.
I think I hear Eb5 in falsetto here and there (I have a hard time pitching it), but if it is, is it Chris or Rob singing it?
I feel like it's Rob singing it, but I can't say for sure.

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:18 am

AcapellaBass wrote:From about 0:35 (during the chorus), there's a second layer on top of the lead vocals.
I think I hear Eb5 in falsetto here and there (I have a hard time pitching it), but if it is, is it Chris or Rob singing it?
I feel like it's Rob singing it, but I can't say for sure.

I can't tell. It's always been hard for me to distinguish falsetto, but the most logical assumption would be Rob, considering he's the tenor and all. Some more thoughts would be nice though.

AxelFuentes wrote:Haha I just noticed that he has the same voice type and range as Scott Hoying Whistle

Huh, you're right! Dance

The Long Shot wrote:It's Chris. Doesn't sound like Tim, and I only hear Rob and Austin singing the higher harmonies there.

I actually do hear a third harmony alongside Rob and Austin's (you have to look for it, it's very quiet). I'll still include the B♭1 in the OP for now if it's widely accepted, though.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:47 am

E4 at 2:15? Or is it from someone else?

E2 at 3:17 confirmed.
Tim - E1 - E2
Chris - E2 - E3
Rob - E3 - E4
Austin - E4 - E5
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:42 am

AxelFuentes wrote:
E4 at 2:15? Or is it from someone else?

E2 at 3:17 confirmed.
Tim - E1 - E2
Chris - E2 - E3
Rob - E3 - E4
Austin - E4 - E5

E4 is definitely him, and thanks for confirming the E2.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePi314Man on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:13 am

Pretty impressive thus far, but...

WHAT ABOUT ROB?!

There's no thread for his angelic voice? Crying or Very sad

ThePi314Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:53 am

ThePi314Man wrote:Pretty impressive thus far, but...

WHAT ABOUT ROB?!

WE GOTS TO HAVE ONE. I think his lowest note is F♯2, as seen on "The Butts Remix."

We should also have one for Adam. He has a wicked range... He can do lip buzz C1's and up to whistle C7's.
He does a throat singing thing kinda like Kevin Olusola, which can be seen in his beatbox solo performances, and he has a tenor-y voice too.
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:03 am

AxelFuentes wrote:

WHAT ABOUT ROB?!

WE GOTS TO HAVE ONE. I think his lowest note is F♯2, as seen on "The Butts Remix."

We should also have one for Adam. He has a wicked range... He can do lip buzz C1's and up to whistle C7's.
He does a throat singing thing kinda like Kevin Olusola, which can be seen in his beatbox solo performances, and he has a tenor-y voice too.

Good idea. I'll have a thread for Rob up in a day or two.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePi314Man on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:10 am

CoolBJ wrote:
AxelFuentes wrote:

WHAT ABOUT ROB?!

Good idea. I'll have a thread for Rob up in a day or two.

Awesome! I might start up a thread for Adam. There should be enough performances where he sings that could be added.

ThePi314Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:54 am

AxelFuentes wrote:He can do lip buzz C1's and up to whistle C7's.
I really don't think that lip buzzes should count towards one's vocal range. The reason for that is kind of obvious (Vocal range. Lip buzzes are way too easy and are in no way vocal).

Also, does anybody else mind if I take the thread for Rob? I've been wanting to make a thread for him for quite a while, but I never got around to actually doing it.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:44 am

The Toasted Turkey wrote:
I really don't think that lip buzzes should count towards one's vocal range. The reason for that is kind of obvious (Vocal range. Lip buzzes are way too easy and are in no way vocal).

Also, does anybody else mind if I take the thread for Rob? I've been wanting to make a thread for him for quite a while, but I never got around to actually doing it.

Go ahead. Consider it a forum birthday present for helping out with so many of these acappella threads.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:32 am

I originally had been putting one together, but if you want it, take it.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:56 pm

The lip buzzes should not count indeed, those aren't vocal notes.
And as for the C7 (I assume you mean the "wow" thing in "This Is How We Roll"), aren't those inhaled whistle notes, so in other words, illegitimate notes?

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:33 am

Something I didn't realize before is that in "The Butts Remix", Chris is actually the one singing the bassline in the beginning bit (when Tim sings the lead). Look at Chris's mouth, it matches up with the bassline.
This means that there are some E2s in the background.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:08 pm

The Toasted Turkey wrote:Something I didn't realize before is that in "The Butts Remix", Chris is actually the one singing the bassline in the beginning bit (when Tim sings the lead). Look at Chris's mouth, it matches up with the bassline.
This means that there are some E2s in the background.

Ah yes. I knew he sang the guitar part but I didn't check the beginning. Thanks for noticing that.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AxelFuentes on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:52 am

CoolBJ wrote:
Ah yes. I knew he sang the guitar part but I didn't check the beginning. Thanks for noticing that.
I'm pretty sure the guitar part is Tim. Austin and Rob sing it live.
The Bass is definitely Chris, as I stated on the first page, which means that there's a couple of E2's as TheToastedTurkey stated, plus a bunch of F♯2's, G♯2's, A2's, B2's and C♯3's.
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top