Olivia Newton-John

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Olivia Newton-John

Post  Turmeric86 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:19 am

Voice Type: Upside-down Soprano (she's from Australia, don't cha know?)
Vocal Range: C#3-F#6

Significant High Notes:
F♯6 ("Please Don't Keep Me Waiting", "Not Gonna Give In To It")      
F6 ("The Right Moment")
E6 ("Sam (Live in Concert 1982)", "Sam (Live Tokyo 2010)", "Moth To A Flame")
E♭6 ("Please Don't Keep Me Waiting", "Compassionate Man", "Hey Mr.Dreammaker", "The Right Moment", "Jolene (Live 'Love Performance' 1976)", "Totally Hot (Live in Germany 1978)")
D6 ("Boats Against The Current", "Compassionate Man", "Hey Mr.Dreammaker", "Sad Songs", "The Right Moment", "Best Of My Love", "And In The Morning")
C♯6 ("Hey Mr.Dreammaker", "Sad Songs", "Making A Good Thing Better", "Not Gonna Give In To It", "Feeling Best", "Jolene (Live in Concert 1982)", "Sam (Live in Concert 1982)", "Don't Stop Believing (Live 'Love Performance' 1976)", "Sam (Royal Albert Hall, 13th March 2013)")
C6 ("Totally Hot", "Please Don't Keep Me Waiting", "Jolene", "Compassionate Man", "Hey Mr.Dreammaker", "Jolene (Live in Concert 1982)")
B5 ("Totally Hot", "Hey Mr.Dreammaker", "A Little More Love", "Tutta La Vita", "Moth To A Flame", "Best Of My Love", "Physical (Samba Version)")
B♭5 ("Electric", "Under My Skin", "Jolene", "Tied Up", "Jolene (Live In Concert 1982)", "Deeper Than A River", "Reach Out For Me")
A5 ("Totally Hot", "Landslide", "Overnight Observation", "Love And Let Live", "Walk Through Fire", "Carried Away", "Clearly Love", "Pegasus", "Broken Wings (Dance)")
G♯5 ("Tutta La Vita", "Moth To A Flame", "Totally Hot", "Big And Strong", "Trust Yourself", "Under My Skin", "Pony Ride")
G5  ("Sam (Royal Albert Hall, 13th March 2013)", "And In The Morning", "Silent Ruin", "Gaia", "Soul Kiss", "In A Station")
F♯5 ("Tutta La Vita", "A Little More Love", "Totally Hot", "Moth To A Flame", "Queen Of The Publication", "End In Peace", "Best Of My Love", "And In The Morning", "Summer Nights (Live In Las Vegas 2015")
F5 ("Totally Hot", "A Little More Love", "The Rumour", "Pony Ride", "Every Face Tells A Story", "Toughen Up", "Big And Strong", "Love And Let Live", "Queen Of The Publication", "You Were Great, How Was I? (w/ Carl Wilson)", "Love Is A Gift", "I'll Come Running (w/ Tina Arena)", "The Promise (The Dolphin Song)")
E5 ("Deeper Than The Night", "Landslide", "Stranger's Touch", "Overnight Observation", "Bow River", "Twist Of Fate", "Walk Through Fire", "Let's Talk About Tomorrow", "Pass It On", "Driving Music", "I Need Love (Live on Arsenio Hall)", "End In Peace", "None Of My Business", "Deeper Than The Night (Live In Concert 1982)")
E♭5 ("Talk To Me", "A Little More Love", "New-Born Babe", "Come On Over", "Boats Against The Current", "Big And Strong", "Tutta La Vita", "Make A Move On Me", "Silvery Rain", "Trust Yourself", "Let's Talk About Tomorrow", "(Livin' In) Desperate Times", "Shaking You", "Back With A Heart", "Deeper Than The Night (Live In Concert 1982)", "New-Born Babe (Live 'Love Performance' 1976)")
D5 ("Magic", "Talk To Me", "Boats Against The Current", "Silvery Rain", "Heart Attack", Carried Away", "Love And Let Live", "Culture Shock", "(Livin' In) Desperate Times", "Best Of My Love", "Broken Wings", "None Of My Business", "Coolin' Down")
C♯5 ("Deeper Than The Night", "Totally Hot", "Make A Move On Me", "Love Make Me Strong", "When You Believe", "Fight For Our Love")
C5 ("A Little More Love", "Falling", "Every Face Tells A Story", "Long Live Love", "It's Always Australia For Me", "Car Games", "Don't Cry For Me Argentina")

Significant Low Notes:
A3 ("Borrowed Time", "Greensleeves", "Compassionate Man", "Ring Of Fire","Making A Good Thing Better", "Heart Attack", "Suspended In Time", "And In The Morning", "Changes", "Clearly Love", "Love Is A Gift", "Behind That Locked Door", "Nevertheless/As Time Goes By (Live 'Love Performance' 1976)")
G♯3 ("Deeper Than The Night", "Make A Move On Me", "Greensleeves", "Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain", "Don't Stop Believing", "Ring Of Fire", "Pony Ride", "Coolin' Down", "I Think I'll Say Goodbye", "Mary Skeffington", "Suspended In Time", "Magic", "Trust Yourself", "Closer To Me", "Queen Of The Publication", "Attention", "Shaking You", "Amoureuse", "Don't Stop Believing (Live 'Love Performance' 1976)")
G3 ("Never Enough", "Boats Against The Current", "Heart Attack", "The Right Moment", "Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain", "Who Are You Now?", "Country Girl", "Coolin' Down", "Don't Cry For Me Argentina", "It's Not Heaven", "And In The Morning", "If",  "He's My Rock", "Rosewater", "No Regrets", "Advance Australia Fair (Live 1986)", "Something Better To Do (Live 'Love Performance' 1976)", "Have You Never Been Mellow (Live 'Love Performance 1976')")
F♯3 ("Stranger's Touch", "Smile For Me", "Heart Attack", "The Long And Winding Road", "Don't Stop Believing", "If Not For You", "Have You Never Been Mellow", "Hey Mr.Dreammaker", "So Easy To Begin", "Making A Good Thing Better", "Get Out", "Soul Kiss", "Recovery", "The Best Of Me (w/ David Foster)", "Closer To Me", "Sordid Lives", "Silent Ruin", "Don't Say That", "Help Me Make It Through The Night", "He's My Rock", "Looking For Space", "Don't Cut Me Down", "No Other Love", "Do You Feel", "Don't Stop Believing (Live 'Love Performance' 1976)", "If Not For You (Olivia Live Hits 2008)")
F3 ("New-Born Babe", "Boats Against The Current", "Who Are You Now?", "Stranger's Touch", "Spinning His Wheels", "Closer To Me", "I Don't Wanna Say Goodnight", "Serenity", "Stronger Than Before", "Jolene (Live In Concert 1982)", "Falling (Live In Concert 1982)", "Nevertheless/As Time Goes By (Live 'Love Performance' 1976)", "New-Born Babe (Live 'Love Performance' 1976)")
E3 ("I'll Bet You a Kangaroo", "When I Needed You", "So Bad", "Stronger Than Before", "Can I Trust Your Arms", "Hopelessly Devoted To You (Olivia Live Hits 2008)")
E♭3 ("When I Needed You", "Stranger's Touch", "Under My Skin", "Recovery", "Close To You (Live Tokyo 2003)", "Jolene (Live In Concert 1982)", "Trust Yourself ('Wilde Girls' Version)")
D3 ("Trust Yourself ('Wilde Girls' Version)")
C♯3 ("Trust Yourself ('Wilde Girls' Version)")

Italics mark non-sung notes.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Creamy86 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:46 am; edited 46 times in total

Turmeric86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Olivia Newton-John

Post  Turmeric86 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:28 am

Here's the clip of her hitting (what I THINK is) a C♯3 @ 0:53

Here's a live clip of her (aged 64) hitting a rather nice sounding C♯6 in head voice and then a G5 in "non-head" voice (I won't say full, I WON'T SAY FULL!!) from 3:13 onwards

I have a feeling that most people don't expect this kind of singing from ONJ

Turmeric86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum