Significant High-Notes:

C♯6 ("Sophia")
C6 ("Flicker and Fail")
B♭5 ("Salinas")
F♯5 ("My Friends", "Walk Alone" )
F5 ("Alas I Cannot Swim", "Salinas")
E5 ("I Was Just a Card", "Sophia")
E♭5 ("Alas I Cannot Swim")
D5 ("I Was an Eagle", "False Hope", "Goodbye England (Covered in Snow)", "My Friends", "To Be a Woman", "Strange",
  "Warrior" Directors Cut, "Blackberry Stone" Live)
C♯5 ("Sophia")
C5 ("False Hope", "Flicker and Fail", "Don't Ask Me Why", "All My Rage", "Alas I Cannot Swim", "I Speak Because I Can", "Strange",
  "The Water")
B4 ("Rest In The Bed", "Blackberry Stone", "Once", "Walk Alone", "Gurdjieff's Daughter", "Daisy", "Night Terror", "You Crawled Out Of The       Sea", "Devils Spoke", "Short Movie", "I Was Just A Card")    
B♭4 ("Rambling Man", "Don't Ask Me Why", "Hope In The Air", "Salinas" "My Manic & I", "Alas I Cannot Swim", "The Beast" )
A4 ("My Friends", "I Speak Because I Can", "Warrior", "Breathe", "Worship Me", "I Feel Your Love", "Ghosts", "Short Movie",
  "New Romantic", "The Muse", "Salinas", "Sophia", "Master Hunter" Later with Jools Holland)
G♯4 ("I Was Just a Card", "Don't Ask Me Why", "Hope In The Air", "Your Only Doll (Dora)", "Tap At My Window", "Easy")
G4 ("Saved These Words", "Where Can I Go", "Alas I Cannot Swim", "Strange", "Divine", "Little Love Caster", "Shine",
  "Master Hunter", "Don't Ask Me Why", "Salinas")
F#4 ("How Can I", "Worship Me", "I Was Just A Card")

Significant Low-Notes:

A3 ("Shine", "Tap At My Window", "My Friends")
G♯3 ("Gurdjieff's Daughter", "Your Only Doll (Dora)", "The Beast")
G3 ("Pray For Me", "Divine", "False Hope", "Tap At My Window")
F#3 ("When Were You Happy (And How Long Has That Been)", "How Can I", "Alas I Cannot Swim", "Blackberry Stone", "Goodbye England        (Covered in Snow)", "The Muse")
F3 ("Captain And The Hourglass", "Rambling Man", "Kathy's Song" Simon & Garfunkel Cover, "Needle and The Damage Done"                         Neil Young Cover, "New Romantic", "Salinas", "Night After Night", "Master Hunter" Later with Jools Holland)                             
E3 ("Blackberry Stone", "Cross Your Fingers", "I Was an Eagle", "Breathe", "Love Be Brave", "Easy", "What He Wrote", "Master Hunter",
  Goodbye England (Covered in Snow)", "I Was Just A Card")
E♭3 ("Saved These Words", "Alas I Cannot Swim", "The Beast", "Goodbye England (Covered in Snow)" Later with Jools Holland
D3 ("Howl", "Devils Resting Place", "Mama How Far I've Come", "Made By Maid", "Little Love Caster", "Goodbye England (Covered in Snow)",   "You Know", "Worship Me", "To Be a Woman", "Alas I Cannot Swim", "David" Live at WFUV, "Master Hunter" Later with Jools Holland)
C♯3 ("Sophia", "Take This Body", "Goodbye England (Covered in Snow)" Later with Jools Holland)
C3 ("Night After Night", "Master Hunter", "To Be a Woman", "Alas I Cannot Swim", "You Know", "False Hope" Live at WFUV)
B2 ("David", "David" Live at WFUV)
B♭2 ("Alas I Cannot Swim")

*Underlines mark lesser audible notes (harmonies, etc.)

Videos

Vimeo vid

Last edited by GromitHound on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:11 am; edited 27 times in total

GromitHound

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Laura Marling

Post  Cmen on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:53 am

You should probably put the videos in a spoiler and you should use ♯ and ♭ instead of # and b
Cmen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:32 am

Gorgeous voice, and she's very pretty as well. I'd say this thread definitely needs some work though  Confused.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Some Stuff to Help

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:40 am

First off; "F♯5 (My Friends (Harmony))", there's an easier way to do this, than writing if the note is in backing vocals. 

....................................................................................................
Underline or Purple - Marks notes in backing vocals/obscured in the mix
Italics - Marks spoken/a-melodic notes

and if you want (even though some other TRP members may take issue)
Blue - Marks soft, and or disconnected falsetto notes 

So the F#5 would look like this, using the key; "F♯5 (My Friends)"

Another tip, would be to use quotation marks, on the title of a song. ("I Was nn Eagle", "False Hope"). This way, if there's already a comma in the title of a song, nobody will get confused on whether it's the same song or not.

Feel free to copy the key I provided, or make your own. Also, to do colors simply do this; color=blue My Friends /color . Make sure there's brakets around the "color=" and "/color" though, and no spaces between the brakets, and song title.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:53 am

Laura Beatrice Marling
Voice Type: Alto
Vocal Range: C3-F♯5

High-Notes:

F♯5 ("My Friends")
E5 ("I Was Just a Card")
D5 ("I Was an Eagle", "False Hope", "Goodbye England", "My Friends", "To Be a Woman")
C♯5 ("Sophia")
C5 ("False Hope", "Flicker and Fail", "Don't Ask Me Why", "All My Rage", "I Speak Because I Can")
B4 ("Rest In The Bed", "Blackberry Stone")
B♭4 ("Rambling Man", "Don't Ask Me Why", "Hope In The Air")
A4 ("My Friends", "I Speak Because I Can", "Warrior")
G♯4 ("I Was Just a Card", "Don't Ask Me Why", "Hope In The Air")
G4 ("Saved These Words")

Low-Notes:

F3 ("Captain And The Hourglass", "Rambling Man")
E3 ("Blackberry Stone", "Cross Your Fingers")
E♭3 ("Saved These Words")
D3 ("Howl", "Devils Resting Place", "Mama How Far I've Come", "Made By Maid", "Little Love Caster")
C♯3 ("Sophia", "Take This Body")
C3 ("Night After Night", "Master Hunter", "To Be a Woman")

....................................................................................................
Purple - Marks notes in backing vocals/obscured in the mix
Italics - Marks spoken/a-melodic notes

Spoiler:

I updated the thread. Just copy this, if you want.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  napalmmaestro on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:33 pm

I think the highest harmonies here, at around 2:20 and 2:40, get up to D# or E5. All I have to check with is my own voice, and it doesn't wanna sit up there tonight.

Also, the original arrangement of "David" was much higher (and better).

napalmmaestro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top