[ 0 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
54% 54% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 13

Re: Who's The Better Metalcore Screamer

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:57 pm

To lift my facade of goofy dickishness, this poll is severely lacking. I may enjoy loads of emo screamer guys (hell it's my main style of music), but there are SO MANY other good screamers out there, and not just in this style. Randy Blythe, Attila Csihar, Craig Owens, Jason Butler, Tommy Giles Rodgers, MIKE FUCKIN PATTON? Sorry dude, but people like Andy Biersack don't come close to measuring up compared to other screamers.
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:21 am

cryszofthescots wrote:To lift my facade of goofy dickishness, this poll is severely lacking. I may enjoy loads of emo screamer guys (hell it's my main style of music), but there are SO MANY other good screamers out there, and not just in this style. Randy Blythe, Attila Csihar, Craig Owens, Jason Butler, Tommy Giles Rodgers, MIKE FUCKIN PATTON? Sorry dude, but people like Andy Biersack don't come close to measuring up compared to other screamers.
Not Andy  Sad
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toyman Cometh on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:00 am

TheDeathBat wrote:okay correct me if im wrong but

This is False Chord screaming

This Is Falsetto and Head voice srceaming

Falsetto isn't a register though nor is it modal, so it is also fake chord. For it to be true it would have to be modal/sustained.

Head voice is not a fake chord, but falsetto is. So is what you posted, fake chord.
The Toyman Cometh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:40 am

Kami Tenchi wrote:

Falsetto isn't a register though nor is it modal, so it is also fake chord.  For it to be true it would have to be modal/sustained.  

Head voice is not a fake chord, but falsetto is.  So is what you posted, fake chord.
Falsetto is a register Eh
It is unsupported, but it is a register.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:22 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
Spoiler:

Falsetto isn't a register though nor is it modal, so it is also fake chord.  For it to be true it would have to be modal/sustained.  

Head voice is not a fake chord, but falsetto is.  So is what you posted, fake chord.

Please stop quoting the videos, without spoilers on them.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:25 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm still right.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:27 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm still right.
Never said you weren't. Neutral
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:33 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm still right.
Never said you weren't. Neutral
You fucked quoting up. That's why my messages looks like yours and in the other way around.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toyman Cometh on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:30 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
-snip-

-snip-

It isn't a register it's a sound like fry and whistle.  It's just an airy sound when you don't sustain a note.  It's technique.  It is a false.  I will not consider it a register since it is a technique used for emulation. By definition, " an unnaturally or artificially high-pitched voice or register" It is not a real register. It's a pseudo-voice, or simply pseudo-register. Not a real one! Therefore, by definition it is fake!
The Toyman Cometh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:07 am

Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
-snip-

-snip-

It isn't a register it's a sound like fry and whistle.  It's just an airy sound when you don't sustain a note.  It's technique.  It is a false.  I will not consider it a register since it is a technique used for emulation. By definition, " an unnaturally or artificially high-pitched voice or register" It is not a real register.  It's a pseudo-voice, or simply pseudo-register.  Not a real one!  Therefore, by definition it is fake!
Falsetto [falˈsetto] (Italian diminutive of falso, "false") is the vocal register occupying the frequency range just above the modal voice register and overlapping with it by approximately one octave.

[th]Vocal registers[/th]
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toyman Cometh on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:18 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
-snip-

-snip-

It isn't a register it's a sound like fry and whistle.  It's just an airy sound when you don't sustain a note.  It's technique.  It is a false.  I will not consider it a register since it is a technique used for emulation. By definition, " an unnaturally or artificially high-pitched voice or register" It is not a real register.  It's a pseudo-voice, or simply pseudo-register.  Not a real one!  Therefore, by definition it is fake!
Falsetto [falˈsetto] (Italian diminutive of falso, "false") is the vocal register occupying the frequency range just above the modal voice register and overlapping with it by approximately one octave.

[th]Vocal registers[/th]
Well, the defintion that I got states otherwise. So, we can agree to disagree.
The Toyman Cometh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:27 am

Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
-snip-

-snip-

[th]Vocal registers[/th]
Well, the defintion that I got states otherwise.  So, we can agree to disagree.
Probably because the one that told you is a "purist". They don't count falsetto as part of your vocal range either.
But yeah, agree to disagree.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toyman Cometh on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:29 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
-snip-

-snip-

[th]Vocal registers[/th]
Probably because the one that told you is a "purist". They don't count falsetto as part of your vocal range either.

Heroins was part of the movement.   Laughing
The Toyman Cometh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:30 am

Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
-snip-

-snip-

[th]Vocal registers[/th]

Pray for him Pray
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toyman Cometh on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:34 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
-snip-

-snip-

[th]Vocal registers[/th]

Pray for him Pray

"It's better not to look at falsetto as a register but rather as a sound, in my opinion, anything that is light and breathy is falsetto.  Doesn't matter if they are in their chest or head register, it's a sound color not a register. If you want to talk about registers you'd say head voice."  -The Great Heroins

"
So then you agree that falsetto is just a sound and not a specific designated register in this voice? Usually a falsetto sound is in the head register but I agree you can produce something like falsetto in chest too if you lighten up and use a lot of air." -The Great Heroins
The Toyman Cometh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:37 am

Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
-snip-

-snip-

[th]Vocal registers[/th]

Pray for him Pray

"It's better not to look at falsetto as a register but rather as a sound, in my opinion, anything that is light and breathy is falsetto.  Doesn't matter if they are in their chest or head register, it's a sound color not a register. If you want to talk about registers you'd say head voice."  -The Great Heroins

"
So then you agree that falsetto is just a sound and not a specific designated register in this voice? Usually a falsetto sound is in the head register but I agree you can produce something like falsetto in chest too if you lighten up and use a lot of air." -The Great Heroins
But that is an entirely subjective opinion Eh
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toyman Cometh on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:39 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
-snip-

-snip-

[th]Vocal registers[/th]

Pray for him Pray

"
But that is an entirely subjective opinion Eh
It's time to end this debate!

The Toyman Cometh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:31 am

I love how this discussion is about metalcore screamers
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:01 am

Kami Tenchi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Kami Tenchi wrote:
-snip-

-snip-

It isn't a register it's a sound like fry and whistle.  It's just an airy sound when you don't sustain a note.
Wtf? Falsetto, fry and whistle notes can all be sustained Eh
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:16 am

My choice?

Metalcore is garbage.
KeithMoonIsGod
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:17 am

Celice wrote:
It isn't a register it's a sound like fry and whistle.  It's just an airy sound when you don't sustain a note.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toyman Cometh on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:34 pm

Celice wrote:

How can non-modals be supported? Modal=supported, non-modal is not. If they were supported they'd be modal.
The Toyman Cometh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:09 pm

Kami Tenchi wrote:
Celice wrote:

How can non-modals be supported?  Modal=supported, non-modal is not.  If they were supported they'd be modal.
The term can apparently be very subjective
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toyman Cometh on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:17 pm

Kami Tenchi wrote:
Celice wrote:

How can non-modals be supported?  Modal=supported, non-modal is not.  If they were supported they'd be modal.
The term can apparently be very subjective

Okay then.
The Toyman Cometh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top