Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mark "Markiplier" Fischbach

Post  AcapellaBass on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:08 am

Voice Type: Deep-Fried Baritone-Soprano-Hybrid
Sung Range: A1 - C♯6
Total Range: A1 - F6

About Mark:
Mark Edward Fischbach, known as the goofy YouTuber Markiplier, is a gamer on YouTube, who mainly does horror games and gives commentary while playing. He regularly does charity livestreams, which started as three-hour-long livestreams, but nowadays, they often last longer than 10 hours. Besides all the screaming and yelling, Mark also occasionally uses his voice to sing, which shows that he has a wonderful baritone voice, with a very solid low-end, fitted perfectly for storytelling/narrating.

A good alternative description of his voice would be the following:
Nieco wrote:a rare specimen of a bass-soprano with all range being full vois

Note: Do NOT take this thread too seriously, it's meant just to show how high and low Mark can sing and shout, and due so, I'll also include shouted and legitimately spoken notes.
If you're only here to tell us/me that spoken/screamed/yelped notes aren't legitimate notes, refrain from posting.

High Notes:
F6 - "Emily Wants To Play #5"
E6 - "Markiplier's February Charity Livestream", "Emily Wants To Play #5"
E♭6 - "Boogeyman #?", "Firewatch | Part 2"
D6 - "Boogeyman #?", "Markiplier Warms Up For 5 Minutes"
C♯6 - "Until Dawn - Part 2", "Happy Wheels Highlights #83", "Firewatch | Part 2"
B♭5 - "Bitch I'm Fabulous", "Paint The Town #1"
G♯5 - "Happy Wheels Highlights #83", "Mario Maker #32"
G5 - "Reading Your Comments #1"
F♯5- "I Will Always Love You", "Bitch I'm Fabulous"
F5 - "The Toast Song", "boat dog"
E5 - "The Toast Song", "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" (Disney Song Challenge), "Bonnie Simulator"
D5 - "I Will Always Love You", "The Toast Song"
C♯5 - "Singing Compilation 3", "HAPPY OFFICE WORKER | Job Simulator - VIVE"
C5 - "Bohemian Rhapsody", "FNAF Musical: Night 1", "Bonnie Simulator", "FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDYS GIANT CHICA'S CUPCAKE ft Markiplier"
B4 - "Prince Ali" (Disney Song Challenge), "Markiplier Highlights #24, "Numa Numa", "Emily Wants To Play #3", "HAPPY OFFICE WORKER | Job Simulator - VIVE"
B♭4 - "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Markiplier Warms Up For 5 Minutes", "FNAF: The Musical - Night 4"
A4 - "Reading Your Comments #5", "Bonnie Simulator", "Emily Wants To Play #3", "Gentlemoon", "FNAF: The Musical - Night 4"
G♯4 - "Bohemian Rhapsody", "FNAF Musical: Night 1", "Never Gonna Give You Up", "The Toast Song", "Emily Wants To Play #3", "Markiplier Highlights #35", "Drunk Prop Hunt"
G4 - "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Don't Wake the Baby", "FNAF Musical: Night 1", "In the Arms of an Angel", "Dick In A Box", "Numa Numa", "Reading Your Comments #4", "Goofy Goober", "Gentlemoon", "Clicker Heroes", "FNAF: The Musical - Night 4"
F♯4 - "Don't Wake the Baby", "Subnautica | Part 16", "Rodney The Frag Gren livestream"
F4 - "Hello Monsta", "How to Beat a Monkey at Chess", "Luigi's Ballad", "Prince Ali" (Disney Song Challenge), "Let it Go" (Disney Song Challenge), "Reading Your Comments #1", "Markiplier's Mini Montage", "Never Gonna Give You Up", "Reading Your Comments #4 - Spanish Song", "Paint The Town #1", "Clicker Heroes", "boat dog"
E4 - "Can You Feel the Love Tonight", "Don't Wake the Baby", "FNAF Musical: Night 1", "FNAF Song Biscuit", "How to Beat a Monkey at Chess", "Luigi's Ballad", "Never Gonna Give You Up", "Reading Your Comments #4 - Spanish Song", "Rodney The Frag Gren livestream"
E♭4- "FNAF Musical: Night 2", "How to Beat a Monkey at Chess", "Markiplier Warms Up For 5 Minutes", "Most BROKEN Game Ever Made | Air Control", "Rodney The Frag Gren livestream", "Clicker Heroes"

Low Notes:
B2 - "Gregorian Chant", "Resident Enis: Monster Gulch"
B♭2 - "FNAF Musical: Night 1", "Winnie the Pooh" (Disney Song Challenge Part 2), "Chocolate Rain"
A2 - "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Flawless Dubstep", "Gregorian Chant", "Resident Enis: Monster Gulch"
G♯2- "FNAF Musical: Night 1", "FNAF Musical: Night 2", "Resident Enis", "Are You Gonna Stay The Night"
G2 - "Gregorian Chant", "Resident Enis"
F2: - "FNAF: The Musical - Night 4"
E2 - "George of the Jungle" (Disney Song Challenge), "Markiplier Animated | Fatal Frame 2", "Resident Enis: Monster Gulch", "Markiplier Warms Up For 5 Minutes"
E♭2 - "FNAF Musical: Night 2", "Markiplier Warms Up For 5 Minutes"
D2 - "Meow", "FULL DSBA Livestream!!"
C♯2 - "FNAF: The Interview", "FULL DSBA Livestream!!"
C2 - "Agario Ep. 2"
B1 - "Sonic Dreams Collection - Part 1", "Meow", "Firewatch | Part 1"
A1 - "HuniePop #16 (Final)", "World's Quitest Let's Play"
......................................................................................................
underlines mark notes that are in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.
Bold notes mark genuinely sung (proper) notes.
Blue marks notes in (soft) falsetto/whistle.
Green marks shouted/screamed/yelped/distorted notes (notes which can barely be called "notes").
Italics mark non-melodic/clearly spoken notes.

......................................................................................................

Some actual singing:
Five Nights at Freddy's: The Musical (Night 1)

Five Nights at Freddy's: The Musical (Night 2)

A nice montage of his shorter singing bits - I especially love 0:26 and 1:00

Highest "sound" Mark's ever produced so far - a B7:
Though I doubt whether it's his voice or just a compressed stream of air  Razz

Said sound is at 1:18.

Last edited by AcapellaBass on Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:21 pm; edited 91 times in total

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark "Markiplier" Fischbach

Post  Baronessa on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:36 am

If you're going to actually include screamed/shouted/yelped "notes" the likes of which we discussed in the previous thread, then at least have the courtesy to mark them with some separate color, like Green.
Baronessa

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/jamppismk

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:38 am

Moonstruck wrote:If you're going to actually include screamed/shouted/yelped "notes" the likes of which we discussed in the previous thread, then at least have the courtesy to mark them with some separate color, like Green.
I will, thanks for the suggestion!

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baronessa on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:47 am

Mark just came out with this video.

Sonic Dreams Collection:

I was never good at pitching really low stuff, but starting from 14:18 Mark begins narrating in a sinister voice that I think bottoms at B1.

By the way, the title of a "Sexy Baritone" is a little too catch-all and generic in my opinion. I'd describe his voice as "Eargasm Therapist Baritone", inspired by his second Catlateral Damage video.

Catlateral Damage:

He spoke in the 2nd octave the entirety of that video. Most of what I hear are G2's, and I think the bottom is at F2.
Baronessa

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:14 am

Moonstruck wrote:Mark just came out with this video.

Sonic Dreams Collection:

I was never good at pitching really low stuff, but starting from 14:18 Mark begins narrating in a sinister voice that I think bottoms at B1.

By the way, the title of a "Sexy Baritone" is a little too catch-all and generic in my opinion. I'd describe his voice as "Eargasm Therapist Baritone", inspired by his second Catlateral Damage video.

Catlateral Damage:

He spoke in the 2nd octave the entirety of that video. Most of what I hear are G2's, and I think the bottom is at F2.
The sinister voice in SDC indeed bottoms out at B1. Though I wonder how he does that or what he does precisely.
Is it just chest voice? Or is it airy fry? Or some other register or technique I don't know about?
I hear this kind of "technique/register/voice" also with other narrators, but I really wonder what it is precisely.

As for the CD talking, I wouldn't count it as his voice was (still) in a bad condition there.
Also, that name - I'm sorry, but I don't quite like it to be honest, it's too much. Though, I"ll think of something different than "Sexy Baritone".

Many low notes here: starts off with a B♭1 at the end of the first sentence; what do you think of it?
I know people don't like this kind of "notes", but I honestly think he can easily sing it.
Hell, I haven't had a single singing lesson myself, and I talk down to C2/C#2 while my chest range ends at Bb1/B1 when warmed up.

My Friends:

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baronessa on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:11 am

AcapellaBass wrote:
Moonstruck wrote:Mark just came out with this video.

Sonic Dreams Collection:

Catlateral Damage:

The sinister voice in SDC indeed bottoms out at B1. Though I wonder how he does that or what he does precisely.
Is it just chest voice? Or is it airy fry? Or some other register or technique I don't know about?
I hear this kind of "technique/register/voice" also with other narrators, but I really wonder what it is precisely.
I have no idea, most of that sounds obviously fried to me, but sometimes he drops into some non-fry spoken lows like the "What other..." at 14:30 in that same video.

I'm not an expert in vocal techniques, so I won't try to Dunning-Kruger myself here.

AcapellaBass wrote:As for the CD talking, I wouldn't count it as his voice was (still) in a bad condition there.
Also, that name - I'm sorry, but I don't quite like it to be honest, it's too much. Though, I"ll think of something different than "Sexy Baritone".
Yeah, true, I wouldn't have counted the video's notes into the OP either, I more or less just wanted to point it out as some demonstration of his low-register capacities.

And I thought that the title would be a little too cloying for the OP Laughing Another name I thought of was "Deep-Fried Baritone", just because I think his voice deserves a damn pun, but I trust you to make up a name that does justice to his voice.

AcapellaBass wrote:Many low notes here: starts off with a B♭1 at the end of the first sentence; what do you think of it?
I know people don't like this kind of "notes", but I honestly think he can easily sing it.
Hell, I haven't had a single singing lesson myself, and I talk down to C2/C#2 while my chest range ends at Bb1/B1 when warmed up.

My Friends:
Personally, I wouldn't count those for the OP because the whole video is clearly just some soft speaking that happens to drop really low. If you're not going to count the Catlateral Damage speaking, I think this should have no use as anything but some context to his voice.

I'm willing to bet he can sing a C2 as well, considering the Sonic Dreams Collection video, but until he does his recorded sung range should be regarded as E♭2 - F♯5.

I wouldn't consider personal use of your voice as any context to another person's voice.
Baronessa

Back to top Go down

Post  Baronessa on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:18 am

I see you included the B♭1 anyway Handball

If you really want to keep it, please acknowledge that it's hardly a note and as such I suggest using green again.
Baronessa

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:45 am

Moonstruck wrote:I see you included the B♭1 anyway Handball

If you really want to keep it, please acknowledge that it's hardly a note and as such I suggest using green again.
That wouldn't be green, brah. Green is for yelled/screamed/shouted notes. It'd just be spoken.
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baronessa on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:51 am

cryszofthescots wrote:
Moonstruck wrote:I see you included the B♭1 anyway Handball

That wouldn't be green, brah. Green is for yelled/screamed/shouted notes. It'd just be spoken.
Shit. Shame on me for forgetting the rules I myself suggested just a few comments up.
Baronessa

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:55 am

That's fine, but I think that exposes a problem that needs addressing. This thread needs to have more examples of him actually SINGING, not just rangewanking. Also I wouldn't count that Bb1, but that's just me.
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baronessa on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:00 am

cryszofthescots wrote:That's fine, but I think that exposes a problem that needs addressing. This thread needs to have more examples of him actually SINGING, not just rangewanking. Also I wouldn't count that Bb1, but that's just me.
Yeah, I've kind of been trying to nudge Acapella that way, since counting all the possible notes that he hits is waaay too much of a slippery slope into overdoing this thread and getting it urinated.

And since we're trying to actually document vocal range here, I wouldn't count the B♭1 either. Even that Sonic Dreams Collection was on the fringe of being included in my opinion, saved only by the fact that he didn't fry all the narration.
Baronessa

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:02 am

I've removed the Bb1, I agree with you guys.
Also, I changed the "Sexy" part to "Deep-Fried", I find it quite fitting.

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:04 am

Moonstruck wrote:Yeah, I've kind of been trying to nudge Acapella that way, since counting all the possible notes that he hits is waaay too much of a slippery slope into overdoing this thread and getting it urinated.

And since we're trying to actually document vocal range here, I wouldn't count the B♭1 either. Even that Sonic Dreams Collection was on the fringe of being included in my opinion, saved only by the fact that he didn't fry all the narration.

Yeah so Acapella, try searching for moments where he's just casually singing while playing, or look for more musical collabs/vids he's done. Those Markiplier Singing compilations could come in handy, but if push comes to shove, binge notewatch some series of his. Maybe his SCP series?

And that's perfect I love you
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:33 pm

Gee, I don't know if that E6 should be colored green... it feels so controlled and well sounding.
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:43 pm

Rebsedd wrote:Gee, I don't know if that E6 should be colored green... it feels so controlled and well sounding.

Now i see why everyone got rid of the color system...
Yes its not a distorted/yelled note. It's either whistle or falsetto, but considering the color scheme I made it should be blue.
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:36 am

Disney song challenges! Here are all of the notes I found from both videos in order of appearance:
Part 1: "Prince Ali" - F4 at 2:00 and a soft falsetto B4 a few seconds after; "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" - E4, already in the OP. I would recommend relinking it to this video rather than the compilation. Also, falsetto C5 at 2:59; "George of the Jungle" at 4:05 - E2; "Let it Go" at 4:40 - tops out at F4; "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" at 7:11 - ends with an E5.

Part 2: "Winnie the Pooh" at 2:45 - B♭2; "Honor To Us All" at 7:42 - falsetto C5s.

Last edited by The Toasted Turkey on Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Timestamp error)
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baronessa on Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:31 am

The Toasted Turkey wrote:Part 1: "Prince Ali" - F4 at 2:00 and a soft falsetto B4 a few seconds after; "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" - E4, already in the OP. I would recommend relinking it to this video rather than the compilation. Also, falsetto C5 at 2:59; "George of the Jungle" at 4:05 - E2; "Let it Go" at 4:40 - tops out at F4; "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" at 7:11 - ends with an E5.
Disney Song Challenge:
Checked these by a keyboard, and it turns out 2:59 is more like a C♯5 and "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" actually ends with an F5 (!)

The Toasted Turkey wrote:Part 2: "Winnie the Pooh" at 2:45 - B♭2; "Honor To Us All" at 9:42 - falsetto C5s.
Disney Song Challenge - Part 2:
"Honor To Us All" at 9:42 - falsetto C5s.
"Honor To Us All" at 9:42
at 9:42
You joshing? You bamboozling? You shmeckledorfing?

It's at 7:42. And the "Nice and clean..." tops at a C♯5.
Baronessa

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:59 am

Moonstruck wrote:
The Toasted Turkey wrote:Part 1: "Prince Ali" - F4 at 2:00 and a soft falsetto B4 a few seconds after; "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" - E4, already in the OP. I would recommend relinking it to this video rather than the compilation. Also, falsetto C5 at 2:59; "George of the Jungle" at 4:05 - E2; "Let it Go" at 4:40 - tops out at F4; "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" at 7:11 - ends with an E5.
Disney Song Challenge:
Checked these by a keyboard, and it turns out 2:59 is more like a C♯5 and "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" actually ends with an F5 (!)
I just checked these notes again using Virtual Piano, and they still sound much closer to C5 and E5 to me.

Moonstruck wrote:
The Toasted Turkey wrote:"Honor To Us All" at 9:42 - falsetto C5s.
"Honor To Us All" at 9:42
at 9:42
You joshing? You bamboozling? You shmeckledorfing?

It's at 7:42.
Shit.
Banghead
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baronessa on Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:21 am

The Toasted Turkey wrote:
Moonstruck wrote:
Disney Song Challenge:
I just checked these notes again using Virtual Piano, and they still sound much closer to C5 and E5 to me.
I checked them again as well, and, unless my keyboard is a huge troll, every time I hear them as C♯5 and F5.

The C5 is a harder one to determine because it's neither here nor there, but I tried pitching it with both C5 and C♯5 and to my ear it sounds closer to C♯5. The supposed E5, on the other hand, I'm sure ends as an F5 because he starts with "The...", which indeed is an E5, but the longer note "...Moon!" resonates more clearly with F5.

I think we're going to have to let AcapellaBass be the final judge on this one.
Baronessa

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeathBat on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:42 am

lots of high screams throughout don't know if its signifigant though 0:56 F6?
TheDeathBat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baronessa on Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:24 am

TheDeathBat wrote:
Bloopers from the FNAF Musical:
lots of high screams throughout don't know if its signifigant though 0:56 F6?
It's an E6, but since he's just wailing like an idiot, I personally wouldn't count any of that, but I'm willing to bet AcapellaBass would since this thread's rules on notes are kind of precarious.
Baronessa

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeathBat on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:57 am

if he was a real singer i defiantly wouldn't count it, but since hes a you tuber i can get behind bending the rules  little bit.
TheDeathBat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Holsety on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:20 am

You know, the old system had the perfect color for notes like these, but we got rid of that system assuming everyone would figure out we're just not going to include notes that bad anymore. So, if you're planning on including absolutely negligible or laughably bad notes that anyone on this forum could imitate, you should use red for that.
Holsety
Admin

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Post  Baronessa on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:24 am

TheDeathBat wrote:if he was a real singer i defiantly wouldn't count it, but since hes a you tuber i can get behind bending the rules  little bit.

Anyway, we do have reference to quite a range of notes from Mark. If he was just a casual "singer" that just belted out some tunes now and then in his YouTube videos, this thread would be a lot more carefree, but he's not. He has taken part in musical skits and has begun taking actual singing lessons, this way we have a lot better understanding of his significant range. He already set the bar of quality pretty high with his E6 during the February Livestream, and I don't see a reason to undercut it.

But hey, you got permission from one of the moderators to use red, so if you're going to include the note, might as well use that system for it.
Baronessa

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeathBat on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:03 am

I know my grammar sucks...
TheDeathBat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content