32% 32% 
[ 6 ]
68% 68% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 19

Re: Kyo Vs Mike Patton?

Post  SubjectAlpha on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:34 am

Princess Demi wrote:
PurposeReality wrote:I think Kyo's the better vocalist.But I do love Mike Patton's voice.Kyo's got this arsenal of vocalizations that gives you an earache.Who's got the better  Whistle ???
Probably Kyo, but Patton, like usual, is way more consistent. When Kyo is good though, he's fucking phenomenal. However, Patton can pull off his material live lol
Depends. I think Patton is superior in styles. But honestly, other than comparing range, they are like coffee and tea. Their musical genres are reeeeeeeeally different.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PurposeReality on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:05 am

Yeah,Who's the better LIVE act?????

PurposeReality

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:12 am

PurposeReality wrote:Yeah,Who's the better LIVE act?????
Haven't seen Kyo, but from what I've heard of his live act compared to Patton, Patton.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:17 am

Kyo is way more entertaining to watch live. Kyo is super emotional and crazy live, 99% of the time. Patton sings more consistently, but seems so distant from the music, it's kind of sucky. I'd advise streaming the DUM SPIRO SPERO AT NIPPON BUDOKAN on youtube. It's also very consistent
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:19 am

Princess Demi wrote:
Kyo is way more entertaining to watch live. Kyo is super emotional and crazy live, 99% of the time. Patton sings more consistently, but seems so distant from the music, it's kind of sucky. I'd advise streaming the DUM SPIRO SPERO AT NIPPON BUDOKAN on youtube. It's also very consistent
Seppuku what? Suspect
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:36 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Seppuku what? Suspect
It's the name of the arena lol. Nippon Budokan. Dream Theater also have a live dvd from there lol.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PurposeReality on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 am

Judge them on 10 on the basis of
Voice
Vocal Ability(Runs,Vibrato,whatheheck)+Vocalizing (Grunts,Screams etc)(Kyo!!!)
Vocal Range
Live Performances
Songwriting/Composing

PurposeReality

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:55 am

PurposeReality wrote:Judge them on 10 on the basis of
Voice
Vocal Range
Live Performances
Songwriting/Composing

They have the same vocal range lol. Also, a ton of this is subjective. I will say, Kyo is way more talented with his whistle, and can do a bunch of cool things with it like fast and slow vribato, airyness, power, distortion. Patton never used his whislte extremely enough, to beat Kyo on that aspect. Kyo is also, honestly, a better low singer live. Patton seems to struggle singing low live, and Kyo seems to struggle singing everything else live. Kyo has been pretty consistent recently though, so before his voice inevitablely gives out in a few years, he may have a chance to prove his consistentcy. Songwriting, Kyo is a far better lyricist than Patton; using a ton of intelligent wordplay, metalphor, and vocal illusion to convey many things at once. This is undisputable Subject. The few songs he has composed have been pretty cool, but he's not better than Patton, just based off of how much shit Patton has composed lol. Kyo is a much better death growler than Patton, and I'd argue that he's a more diverse screamer than Patton, considering how often he pushes his voice to shit. Patton has an incredible tone and great control over his voice, and has done some incredible work. I know Shikaku will hate me for this, but Kyo is better. His material is incrediblely demi-god level stuff, that is done tastefully and masterfully in the studio. Patton doesn't sing above Eb, and does so very predictablely. Kyo's melodies are much more intense, difficult, and horribly painful to attempt. In this regard, you can't even blame Kyo for his inconsistency, as his stuff is much harder than Patton's.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:06 am

Princess Demi wrote:
Voice
Vocal Range
Live Performances
Songwriting/Composing

They have the same vocal range lol. Also, a ton of this is subjective. I will say, Kyo is way more talented with his whistle, and can do a bunch of cool things with it like fast and slow vribato, airyness, power, distortion. Patton never used his whislte extremely enough, to beat Kyo on that aspect. Kyo is also, honestly, a better low singer live. Patton seems to struggle singing low live, and Kyo seems to struggle singing everything else live. Kyo has been pretty consistent recently though, so before his voice inevitablely gives out in a few years, he may have a chance to prove his consistentcy. Songwriting, Kyo is a far better lyricist than Patton; using a ton of intelligent wordplay, metalphor, and vocal illusion to convey many things at once. This is undisputable Subject. The few songs he has composed have been pretty cool, but he's not better than Patton, just based off of how much shit Patton has composed lol. Kyo is a much better death growler than Patton, and I'd argue that he's a more diverse screamer than Patton, considering how often he pushes his voice to shit. Patton has an incredible tone and great control over his voice, and has done some incredible work. I know Shikaku will hate me for this, but Kyo is better. His material is incrediblely demi-god level stuff, that is done tastefully and masterfully in the studio. Patton doesn't sing above Eb, and does so very predictablely. Kyo's melodies are much more intense, difficult, and horribly painful to attempt. In this regard, you can't even blame Kyo for his inconsistency, as his stuff is much harder than Patton's.
I'd say it depends on what band Patton is in.

8:35.
9:10

It's weird because you think he never goes out of his comfort zone. And I'll admit, nowadays, he rarely does so. But sometimes he sneaks in a peek at what he can do, but chooses not to.
But yeah, this is subjective.

Mr. Bungle is pretty weird, as i'd say it is really difficult technically and because of the unorthodox song structuring. If you listen to Carnival, you can hear how the shift happens, from cheerful circus music to dark & despair metal.

Last edited by SubjectAlpha on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:08 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Voice
Vocal Range
Live Performances
Songwriting/Composing

It's weird because you think he never goes out of his comfort zone. And I'll admit, nowadays, he rarely does so. But sometimes he sneaks in a peek at what he can do, but chooses not to.
Best Patton live show right there. I love that wholse set. Travolta has some great screams too
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:10 am

Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Voice
Vocal Range
Live Performances
Songwriting/Composing

Best Patton live show right there. I love that wholse set. Travolta has some great screams too
He is absolutely amazing. One of the few shows where he is really consistent with his screaming and that... weird growling shit he did at 8:35.
Shame they didn't play Carnival No, no...
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:15 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Voice
Vocal Range
Live Performances
Songwriting/Composing

He is absolutely amazing. One of the few shows where he is really consistent with his screaming and that... weird growling shit he did at 8:35.
Fuck, I was thinking the same thing. That song would've be great
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:18 am

Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Voice
Vocal Range
Live Performances
Songwriting/Composing

Fuck, meant Carousel Facepalm
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:23 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Voice
Vocal Range
Live Performances
Songwriting/Composing

Wow, I'm surprised you picked up on my sarcasm. Most people don't :/
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:32 am

Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Voice
Vocal Range
Live Performances
Songwriting/Composing

Just a random comment passing by to resume the quoting chain
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:49 am

Prometheus wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Voice
Vocal Range
Live Performances
Songwriting/Composing

Freddie the bestest
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:04 am

Princess Demi wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Voice
Vocal Range
Live Performances
Songwriting/Composing

Freddie the bestest
I'm just fucking around since these threads are already urinated
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PurposeReality on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:06 am

Prometheus wrote:
Not yet.

PurposeReality

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:13 am

PurposeReality wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
Not yet.
It's inevitable...
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PurposeReality on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:15 am

Princess Demi wrote:
PurposeReality wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
Not yet.
It's inevitable...
Looks like Mike Patton's kicked Kyo's ass.

PurposeReality

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:25 am

PurposeReality wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
PurposeReality wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
Not yet.
It's inevitable...
Nobody on TRP actually gives a shit about Kyo, besides Shikaku, Cmobil, Chris, Parallax, and I. People just think he's a shitty range-wanker, who can't sing live, at all.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:31 am

Princess Demi wrote:
PurposeReality wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
PurposeReality wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
Not yet.
It's inevitable...
Nobody on TRP actually gives a shit about Kyo, besides Shikaku, Cmobil, Chris, Parallax, and I. People just think he's a shitty range-wanker, who can't sing live, at all.
But... you've admitted he is pretty shitty live... Pray
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PurposeReality on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:33 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
PurposeReality wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
PurposeReality wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
Not yet.
It's inevitable...
It's a miracle.Praise The Lord!!!

Last edited by PurposeReality on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total

PurposeReality

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:36 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
PurposeReality wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
PurposeReality wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
Not yet.
It's inevitable...
Inconsistent. When he nails a performance though, he fucking does it better than the studio. He also is typically inconsistent in the same show. He'll fuck up the first song, then nail the next. He does have shows with very consistent singing
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:37 am

Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
PurposeReality wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
PurposeReality wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
Not yet.
It's inevitable...
Inconsistent. When he nails a performance though, he fucking does it better than the studio. He also is typically inconsistent in the same show. He'll fuck up the first song, then nail the next. He does have shows with very consistent singing
So he's like /r/FiftyFifty. You fucking never know if the shit is what you want.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top