Kyo Vs Mike Patton?

32% 32% 
[ 6 ]
68% 68% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 19

Kyo Vs Mike Patton?

Post  PurposeReality on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:09 am

Two TRP heavyweights I'd barely even heard of when i joined here.Seems like MP has a pretty ground support here from all you rangegeeks.Patton's got more range(half a note?).Kyo has the higher note(G#7).Sounds like a good match up to me.Whattaya think?

PurposeReality

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kyo Vs Mike Patton?

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:51 am

Pattons' probably going to win, but I'll still for Kyo, in vain Razz.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:59 am

now THIS is an actual fuckin poll.
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:32 am

Long story short:

Patton is leagues beyond Kyo technically, but I like Kyo more because the more emotional aspect of his music and his vocal delivery. Patton is being weird for the sake of being weird. Everything Kyo does have a motivation behind.

But I'd love to hear them doing a colaboration Very Happy
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:54 am

Shikkaku wrote:Long story short:

Patton is leagues beyond Kyo technically, but I like Kyo more because the more emotional aspect of his music and his vocal delivery. Patton is being weird for the sake of being weird. Everything Kyo does have a motivation behind.

But I'd love to hear them doing a colaboration Very Happy
Did you just copy and paste this, from our first encounter on the Kyo range vid?
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PurposeReality on Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:37 am

Still waiting for the Kyo fans and the MP fans to tear each other apart.

PurposeReality

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:15 am

PurposeReality wrote:Still waiting for the Kyo fans and the MP fans to tear each other apart.
Eh, good luck making that happen.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:18 am

PurposeReality wrote:Still waiting for the Kyo fans and the MP fans to tear each other apart.

Why? Both are awesome. I like the music Kyo makes more though.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:06 am

Shikkaku wrote:

But does Patton "fish-hook" though? Cool
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:12 am

Princess Demi wrote:
Shikkaku wrote:

No, but he is clearly winning the poll Rimshot
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:18 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Shikkaku wrote:

See, my only issue with Patton is that he seems to rome the circumference of the "most extreme", but then backs off. Kyo is constantly pushing himself, to his own breaking point. I like Patton, but he just isn't as "ballsy" as Kyo; a good and bad thing lol.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:27 am

Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Shikkaku wrote:

See, my only issue with Patton is that he seems to rome the circumference of the "most extreme", but then backs off. Kyo is constantly pushing himself, to his own breaking point. I like Patton, but he just isn't as "ballsy" as Kyo; a good and bad thing lol.
To be fair, Patton is a lot older than Kyo. And Kyo has already fucked his voice up multiple times, whereas Patton has not as far as I know. Health over "extreme". Honestly, it's stupid to one's health Boohoo (Violin)
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:37 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Shikkaku wrote:

To be fair, Patton is a lot older than Kyo. And Kyo has already fucked his voice up multiple times, whereas Patton has not as far as I know. Health over "extreme". Honestly, it's stupid to one's health Boohoo (Violin)
To one's health, what? Lol, I think watching Kyo sing is more entertaining, but Patton is definitely a smarter singer. Kyo just wings it, while Patton sets his boundaries, and knows how much he can take. I'd honestly say Patton is the better singer, but I love Kyo too much.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:47 am

Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Shikkaku wrote:

To one's health, what? Lol, I think watching Kyo sing is more entertaining, but Patton is definitely a smarter singer. Kyo just wings it, while Patton sets his boundaries, and knows how much he can take. I'd honestly say Patton is the better singer, but I love Kyo too much.
I'll say it like this: Patton won't fuck his vocal chords up, Kyo probably will/has as he ages Popcorn
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:03 pm

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Shikkaku wrote:

I'll say it like this: Patton won't fuck his vocal chords up, Kyo probably will/has as he ages Popcorn
Oh, Kyo has already permanently fucked his voice, somewhat. The degree of how bad it gets, is what I'm watching. Dir en Grey is probably over after this year, so Sukekiyo will probably be the most work he gets.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:09 pm

Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Shikkaku wrote:

Oh, Kyo has already permanently fucked his voice, somewhat. The degree of how bad it gets, is what I'm watching. Dir en Grey is probably over after this year, so Sukekiyo will probably be the most work he gets.
Sounds like Kyo has a shitty good technique. Shitty in the damage control department and good in the sound department.
After reading the Wikipedia page, he sure has his throat problems.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:14 pm

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Shikkaku wrote:

Sounds like Kyo has a shitty good technique. Shitty in the damage control department and good in the sound department.
Definitely. Kyo, as I think Shikaku put it, is a "slow-suicidal". Ever since Vulgar, the condition of his voice has been a ticking time-bomb. He's probably got another few years in him, before he has the range of a dramatic bass. At least then, he can still growl like a monster lol. He is relentless though, and even after DeG end, he'll still be at his old range-wankery.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:19 pm

Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Shikkaku wrote:

Definitely. Kyo, as I think Shikaku put it, is a "slow-suicidal". Ever since Vulgar, the condition of his voice has been a ticking time-bomb. He's probably got another few years in him, before he has the range of a dramatic bass. At least then, he can still growl like a monster lol. He is relentless though, and even after DeG end, he'll still be at his old range-wankery.
Hard to range-wanke if his high range is gone Boohoo (Violin)
Range-wanking is like a symphony of high and lows, mixed together in a horrible combination God bless USA

Also, you should check out Klaus Nomi. What an avant-garde artist.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:24 pm

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Shikkaku wrote:

Range-wanking is like a symphony of high and lows, mixed together in a horrible combination God bless USA

Lol, very true. Just like Phil Anselmo, soon, where you can barley scream out Bb4s lol. And I've heard his name, but I'm not in the mood for "avant-grade" stuff, right now. Maybe later
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:25 pm

Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Shikkaku wrote:

Lol, very true. Just like Phil Anselmo, soon, where you can barley scream out Bb4s lol. And I've heard his name, but I'm not in the mood for "avant-grade" stuff, right now. Maybe later
Klaus Nomi possibly has the strongest falsetto I've ever heard God bless USA
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Virtuoso on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:39 pm

What are some of Patton's best albums (commercially and artistically)? I'm interested in hearing his music.
Virtuoso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:29 pm

Virtuoso wrote:What are some of Patton's best albums (commercially and artistically)? I'm interested in hearing his music.
His Fantomas stuff is great, but commercialy Faith no More and Tomahawk are way more accessible. Mr. Bungle is great too
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PurposeReality on Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:35 pm

[/quote]
After reading the Wikipedia page, he sure has his throat problems.[/quote]
Kyo and Freddie Mercury

PurposeReality

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PurposeReality on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:47 pm

I think Kyo's the better vocalist.But I do love Mike Patton's voice.Kyo's got this arsenal of vocalizations that gives you an earache.Who's got the better Whistle ???

PurposeReality

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:12 am

PurposeReality wrote:I think Kyo's the better vocalist.But I do love Mike Patton's voice.Kyo's got this arsenal of vocalizations that gives you an earache.Who's got the better  Whistle ???
Probably Kyo, but Patton, like usual, is way more consistent. When Kyo is good though, he's fucking phenomenal. However, Patton can pull off his material live lol
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top