Michael Poulsen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michael Poulsen

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:04 am

Voice type: Smooth(!) Baritone
Vocal range: D2-B4

Significant high notes:
B4 ("Fallen", "Killed by Death", "Lola Montez", "Marie Laveau", "Seal the Deal", "The Bliss", "The Nameless One", "The Sinner Is You")
B♭4 ("A Moment Forever", "Another Day, Another Way", "A Warrior's Call", "Danny & Lucy (11 PM)", "Hallelujah Goat", "Healing Subconsciously", "Killed by Death", "Light a Way", "Our Loved Ones", "Rebound", "River Queen", "Say Your Number", "Something Else Or...", "The Gates of Babylon", "The Hangman's Body Count")
A4 ("A Better Believer", "Always, Wu", "A Moment Forever", "Angelfuck", "Another Day, Another Way", "A Warrior's Call", "Black Bart", "Black Rose", "Boa (JDM)", "B.S.E.", "Caroline Leaving", "Caroline #1", "Come to the Sabbath", "Danny & Lucy (11 PM)", "Dead but Rising", "Ecotone", "Everything's Still Fine", "Find That Soul", "Fire Song", "Ghosts at War", "Goodbye Forever", "Hallelujah Goat", "Highwayman", "I Want to Break Free", "Let It Burn", "Lola Montez", "Marie Laveau", "Mary Jane Kelly", "Maybellene i Hofteholder", "Mr. & Mrs. Ness", "My Body", "Rebel Angel", "Sad Man's Tongue", "Say Your Number", "7 Shots", "16 Dollars", "Something Else Or...", "Still Counting", "Thanks", "The Devil's Bleeding Crown", "The Garden's Tale", "The Gates of Babylon", "The Human Instrument", "The Loa's Crossroad", "The Nameless One", "When Words Taste of Lies", "Who They Are", "Wild Rover of Hell", "You Will Know")
G♯4 ("A Broken Man and the Dawn", "Battleship Chains", "Being 1", "Black Rose", "Find That Soul", "Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood", "Healing Subconsciously", "Heaven nor Hell", "I Want to Break Free", "Killed by Death", "Lonesome Rider", "Mary Jane Kelly", "Pool of Booze, Booze, Booza", "Rebound", "Room 24", "Soulweeper", "Soulweeper #2", "We", "Where To", "You Will Know")
G4 ("A Better Believer", "Always, Wu", "A New Day", "Another Day, Another Way", "Black Bart", "Boa (JDM)", "Breaking the Law", "B.S.E.", "Burner", "Cape of Our Hero", "Caroline Leaving", "Caroline #1", "Come to the Sabbath", "Devil or the Blue Cat's Song", "Ecotone", "Everything's Still Fine", "Fallen", "Find That Soul", "For Evigt", "Ghosts at War", "Goodbye Forever", "Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood", "Healing Subconsciously", "Heaven nor Hell", "Highwayman", "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry", "I Only Wanna Be with You", "Let It Burn", "Light a Way", "Lola Montez", "Magic Zone", "Making Believe", "Marie Laveau", "Mary Ann's Place", "Misery/Company", "Mr. & Mrs. Ness", "Our Loved Ones", "Pearl Hart", "Rebel Monster", "Say Your Number", "Seal the Deal", "7 Shots", "16 Dollars", "Something Else Or...", "Soulweeper", "Soulweeper #2", "Still Counting", "Thanks", "The Bliss", "The Devil's Bleeding Crown", "The Everlasting", "The Garden's Tale", "The Gates of Babylon", "The Hangman's Body Count", "The Human Instrument", "The Loa's Crossroad", "The Mirror and the Ripper", "The Nameless One", "The Quest", "The Sinner Is You", "Until the Light Came", "We", "When Words Taste of Lies", "Who They Are", "You or Them")
F♯4 ("A Broken Man and the Dawn", "Angelfuck", "Being 1", "Caroline Leaving", "Evelyn", "Fallen", "For Evigt", "Goodbye Forever", "Highwayman", "I Only Wanna Be with You", "Lola Montez", "Marie Laveau", "Pearl Hart", "Radio Queen", "Rebound", "River Queen", "Sad Man's Tongue", "Seal the Deal", "The Bliss", "The Devil's Bleeding Crown", "The Nameless One", "The Sinner Is You")

Significant low notes:
D3 ("Doc Holliday", "Fallen", "I Disappear", Johnny Cash freestyle, "Ring of Fire", "Sad Man's Tongue", "7 Shots", "Something Else Or...")
C♯3 ("Fallen")
C3 (Johnny Cash freestyle, "Something Else Or...", "We", "Where To")
A2 ("Cape of Our Hero", "Sad Man's Tongue")
F2 ("7 Shots")
E♭2 (Michael Poulsen showing the crowd how to hit those low notes)
D2 ("Sad Man's Tongue")

*Purple marks notes sung in backing vocals or otherwise obscured/muffled in the mix.

Armed with a smooth baritone voice, Poulsen's able to deliver some very convincing Elvis Presley-esque low- and mid-range singing while also belting out the higher notes with ease.

Last edited by The Crucifier 2013 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Poulsen

Post  Rodney Razorshorts on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:12 am

I'd also like to say that I would have loved to have seen this

Rodney Razorshorts
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:30 am

I merged the threads together, Sherick, for I had already created one for Poulsen some time ago!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:31 am

Sherick wrote:I'd also like to say that I would have loved to have seen this

When did this happen?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top