Post  Rebsedd on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:31 am

Last edited by dead reb on Sun May 22, 2016 10:19 am; edited 34 times in total
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ...........

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:10 am

Rebsedd wrote:Trying some fucked up belty distortion here. I just picked up a shitty mic I had around and sung whatever came to my mind on one take. I think it's one semitone down though. B♭4s instead of B4s. Barely did any warm up so I most likely sound like shit. I also never rehearsed this one. If you guys like I might do a full not so crappy version.

School (Acapella): http://picosong.com/gUGL/

Enjoy! Or cringe, whatever.

Feedback?
I only really cringed at the climb to the highest scream. That was the only bad part, besides some sloppy diction, but you said you didn't rehearse so that's ok. This wasn't bad though, and tone is actually kind of cool sounding.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:30 am

Last edited by dead reb on Sun May 22, 2016 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:39 am

Rebsedd wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Rebsedd wrote:Trying some fucked up belty distortion here. I just picked up a shitty mic I had around and sung whatever came to my mind on one take. I think it's one semitone down though. B♭4s instead of B4s. Barely did any warm up so I most likely sound like shit. I also never rehearsed this one. If you guys like I might do a full not so crappy version.

School (Acapella): http://picosong.com/gUGL/

Enjoy! Or cringe, whatever.

Feedback?
I only really cringed at the climb to the highest scream. That was the only bad part, besides some sloppy diction, but you said you didn't rehearse so that's ok. This wasn't bad though, and tone is actually kind of cool sounding.

Yeah that climb was crap. I can probably do better. I have a headache, so relying too much on my head voice right now is pretty painful. I think it's funny because Cobain mostly mumbled his lyrics like that anyways. Thank you!
Hahaha, I didn't even think of that. So yeah, I guess your mumbling was spot on then Yeah! . And no problem dude, I didn't even know you sang. Also, on an irrelevant topic, I lost all my note-watching stuff over vacation, and so I'm re-note-watching BVB stuff. I'll hopefully finish that by Sunday, fingers crossed*
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RevDrucifer on Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:06 am

Hey brother, I can hear during the chorus that your closing your throat up a bit too much which is probably causing some fatigue and strain. Try aiming the word 'No' towards your soft palate area and keep your mouth/throat nice and open, you can hit the same pitch (and higher) by aiming things up that way!
RevDrucifer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:40 pm

Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:56 am

Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:39 pm

Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:35 pm

Rebsedd wrote:https://instagram.com/p/7dQ9mEN2B38y558QT-L7ROWn5Meiyp-yq0-7I0/?taken-by=triniveguin some live singing. It was at like 8:30-9 am so I was pretty throaty.
That was pretty cool
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:20 am

Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:35 am

Rebsedd wrote:https://www.facebook.com/Haregunn/videos/vb.1533373152/10208112078629734/

I actually got my shit together for a cover. Hadn't warmed up on those high notes so I cracked a little a shame. But I don't wanna do it again.
Not bad. Those high-notes could use some work though Wink
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:59 am

Last edited by dead reb on Sun May 22, 2016 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:53 am

Rebsedd wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Rebsedd wrote:https://www.facebook.com/Haregunn/videos/vb.1533373152/10208112078629734/

I actually got my shit together for a cover. Hadn't warmed up on those high notes so I cracked a little a shame. But I don't wanna do it again.

I actually recorded that about 6 times. (to of which were cut in half because I was running out of memory space and didn't notice) And I had tried a different song before around 5 times. I did Audioslave's wide awake before, it sounded really good, better than this. But I kept fucking up the guitar part, so I switched. Maybe this week I'll try it again with more practise. This one in the video was the very last take, my voice had undergoune some stress. The C#5s are tough.
It's cool, I wasn't trying to be rude. You handled the higher notes pretty well, and the guitar was played well. Nice job
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:57 am

Rebsedd wrote:

I actually recorded that about 6 times. (to of which were cut in half because I was running out of memory space and didn't notice) And I had tried a different song before around 5 times. I did Audioslave's wide awake before, it sounded really good, better than this. But I kept fucking up the guitar part, so I switched. Maybe this week I'll try it again with more practise. This one in the video was the very last take, my voice had undergoune some stress. The C#5s are tough.
It's cool, I wasn't trying to be rude. You handled the higher notes pretty well, and the guitar was played well. Nice job

I know you weren't, thank you so much for your feedback. At least one guy listens to my stuff.
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:58 am

Rebsedd wrote:
Rebsedd wrote:

I know you weren't, thank you so much for your feedback. At least one guy listens to my stuff.
No problem Smile
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nieco on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:13 pm

nice timbre, really grunge-ish, the high notes seemed a bit off, you had all the song ok then suddenly a yell, but as you said you werent warmed. And the part right after it looked like you were coughing from the distortion. overall radio worth performance Thumb up
Nieco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:47 pm

Nieco wrote:nice timbre, really grunge-ish, the high notes seemed a bit off, you had all the song ok then suddenly a yell, but as you said you werent warmed. And the part right after it looked like you were coughing from the distortion. overall radio worth performance Thumb up

Thank you! I need to work on that, I'm gonna borrow KTVA's Volume I from a friend to work on that volume and distortion.
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hunger Strike

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:55 am

http://picosong.com/SJFH/

I was singing along to this song a while ago and decided to take 20 minutes to start playing around with it a bit and put this together. It starts off pretty regular but I get really into it around the middle.

Good song to practice the high notes.
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:57 am

Rebsedd wrote:http://picosong.com/SJFH/

I was singing along to this song a while ago and decided to take 20 minutes to start playing around with it a bit and put this together. It starts off pretty regular but I get really into it around the middle.

Damnit Reb, how dare you post a cover, as soon as I make my never awaited return to shitty TRP covers Banghead

Well, besides the volume drilling a hole through my already damaged ear-drums, this was a neat cover. The vocals sounded very well controlled, and I still love your grungy vocal tone. The harmonies were awkwardly out of synch though, and some of the very high vocal parts start to hurt my head; this is likely due to the extreme loudness of the vocals though Freak  . Lol, besides that though, I overall liked this cover.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:04 am

Damnit Reb, how dare you post a cover, as soon as I make my never awaited return to shitty TRP covers Banghead

Well, besides the volume drilling a hole through my already damaged ear-drums, this was a neat cover. The vocals sounded very well controlled, and I still love your grungy vocal tone. The harmonies were awkwardly out of synch though, and some of the very high vocal parts start to hurt my head; this is likely due to the extreme loudness of the vocals though Freak  . Lol, besides that though, I overall liked this cover.

That could've been avoided if I actually mixed it instead of just throwing everything in like a moron lol. Thank you
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:06 am

Rebsedd wrote:

That could've been avoided if I actually mixed it instead of just throwing everything in like a moron lol. Thank you
Lol, when it comes to TRP covers, at least you're not in the "cringy camp" like some of mine  Razz. Anyways, nice job dude, I'm looking forward to the next cover  Thumb up
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:34 am

Rebsedd wrote:

Lol, when it comes to TRP covers, at least you're not in the "cringy camp" like some of mine  Razz. Anyways, nice job dude, I'm looking forward to the next cover  Thumb up

*points at his 'school' cover*

This version is hopefully better produced but my mic is so bad it's kind of unsavagable.

https://soundcloud.com/nadsatelite/hunger-strike-vocal-cover
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:38 am

Rebsedd wrote:
Rebsedd wrote:

*points at his 'school' cover*

This version is hopefully better produced but my mic is so bad it's kind of unsavagable.

https://soundcloud.com/nadsatelite/hunger-strike-vocal-cover
My left ear drum is still in slight pain, but the higher-vocals are far more tolerable now. And don't sweat having a shit mic. All my covers are just me yelling and screaming into a Blue Snowball lol; very far from a metal vocal mic.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:42 am

Last edited by dead reb on Sun May 22, 2016 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nieco on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:54 am

that was awesome, near flawless cover - only the loud parts at the beggining and the first yell kinda-off-pitch - Also all that 5th octave belting was awesome, nice one! Thumb up
Nieco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum