Melodic range: F1-B♭6
Total range: F1-B♭7

Significant high notes:

• B♭7 ("Coma")
  • F7 ("Estranged")
  • B♭6 ("Ain't It Fun")
  • A6 ("The Garden")
  • G6 ("My World")
  • A5 ("Welcome to the Jungle" live at MTV Video Music Awards 2006)
  • G♯5 ("Back in the Saddle", "Riad N' the Bedouins", "Scraped")
  • G5 ("Chinese Democracy", "I.R.S.", "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" live in Istanbul 2006, "Rocker" Hollywood Rose version, "Sailing" live at Wembley 2006, "Welcome to the Jungle" live in Pittsburgh 2002)
  • F♯5 ("Garden of Eden", "I.R.S", "It's So Easy", "Knockin' On Heaven's Door", "Nightrain", "Prostitute", "Perfect Crime", "Reckless Life" Hollywood Rose version, "Riad N' The Bedouins", "Right Next Door to Hell", "Rocker", "Shackler's Revenge", "Street of Dreams", "There Was a Time", "You're Crazy")
  • F5 ("Anxious Disease", "Anything Goes" Hollywood Rose demo version, "Chinese Democracy", "Human Being", "If the World", "Oh My God", "Rocket Queen", "Scraped", "Shotgun Blues", "Think About You", "You Could Be Mine")
  • E5 ("Anything Goes" Hollywood Rose demo version, "Better", "Catcher in the Rye", "Dead Flowers", "Get in the Ring", "I.R.S.", "Killing Time", "Madagascar", "Salt of the Earth" live in Atlantic City 1989, "Stuck Inside", "We Will Rock You" live at Freddie Mercury Tribute Show)
  • E♭5 ("Ain't Going Down", "Anything Goes", "Back in the Saddle", "Back Off Bitch", "Bad Apples", "Civil War", "Coma", "Dead Horse", "Don't Cry", "Don't Damn Me", "Dust N' Bones", "Hair of the Dog", "Human Being", "It's So Easy", "Locomotive", "My Michelle", "Nightrain", "One In A Million", "Patience", "Sweet Child O' Mine", "This I Love", "Welcome to the Jungle", "You're Crazy")
  • D5 ("Anxious Disease", "Dead Flowers", "Free Fallin'" live at MTV Video Music Awards 1989, "Get in the Ring", "If The World", "November Rain", "Prostitute", "Reckless Life", "Rocker", "Shadow of Your Love")
  • C♯5 ("Bad Apples", "Better", "Coma", "Estranged", "Locomotive", "(Love Is) A Bitchslap", "Nice Boys", "Out Ta Get Me", "Paradise City", "Since I Don't Have You", "Sweet Child O' Mine", "Under My Wheels", "Used to Love Her", "Yesterdays", "You Could Be Mine")
  • C5 ("Breakdown", "Coma", "Dead Horse", "Don't Damn Me", "I Did U No Wrong", "I Will Not Go Quietly", "Oh My God", "One In A Million", "Ready to Rumble", "Sorry", "You Could Be Mine")
  • B4 ("14 Years", "Don't Cry", "Estranged", "Live and Let Die", "Mr. Brownstone", "November Rain", "Paradise City")

Significant low notes:

• B♭2 ("Buick Mackane/Big Dumb Sex", "Civil War", "Patience")
  • A2 ("Get in the Ring")
  • G♯2 ("Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics)", "Hair of the Dog", "Locomotive", "Nightrain")
  • G2 ("Sorry")
  • F♯2 ("Bad Obsession", "Mother" live, "Paradise City", "Sweet Child O' Mine")
  • F2 ("Black Leather")
  • E2 ("Locomotive", "Perfect Crime")
  • E♭2 ("Double Talkin' Jive", "Mother" live, "Sweet Child O'Mine" 1999 version, "You Ain't the First")
  • D2 ("Garden of Eden", "Sorry" live)
  • C♯2 ("Bad Obsession", "Dust N' Bones", "Pretty Tied Up", "Scraped", "Shackler's Revenge")
  • C2 ("Ain't Going Down", "Bad Apples", "Oh My God")
  • B1 ("Breakdown", "Don't Cry", "November Rain")
  • B♭1 ("Back Off Bitch")
  • A1 ("Get in the Ring", "(Love Is) A Bitchslap")
  • G♯1 ("Bad Apples", "Coma")
  • G1 ("So Fine")
  • F1 ("There Was a Time")

*Purple marks notes in backing vocals or otherwise muffled/obscured in the mix.
*Italics mark non-melodic notes.

Best Vocal Performances
Studio:
1. Street of Dreams
2. Rocket Queen
3. There Was a Time
4. I.R.S.
5. Better
6. Sweet Child o' Mine
7. If the World
8. You Could Be Mine
9. This I Love
10. Paradise City

Back to top Go down

Re: Axl Rose

Post  thehuntingparty on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:26 am

his picture on the old thread was cooler.

thehuntingparty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angus on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:42 pm

So the G6 is whistle now?

Angus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:06 pm

It always was.

B6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angus on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:29 pm

Something is not is until we decide so.

Angus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:47 pm

That note is whistle.

B6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:49 pm

outcastboy wrote:his picture on the old thread was cooler.

Updated.

Back to top Go down

Post  TESKHA on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Somma1984 wrote:A5 ("Welcome to the Jungle" live)

Which version?

TESKHA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:59 pm

It was off some sort of awards, but I can't recall the venue or the show... I remember it being on one of jowox's videos, though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Curiosity on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:28 am

It was the 2006 MTV awards.

Curiosity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mainlyalurker2 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:00 am

I asked a guy on youtube who can do head voice like Axl Rose if it is falsetto or not and he said no. I asked him especting him to say the opposite, I guess I was wrong with regars to Axl`s high notes.

This was my question (I am translating from spanish)

Hi, you have a very low baritone or even bass voice. How do you manage then to sing higher than a tenor? Is your Axl voice some kind of falsetto with effect that sounds different from regular falsetto, or is it full voice?

This he answered

He thinks everybody can learn to do the Axl voice
He thinks it is not falsetto, because it does not feel like falsetto, it feels different. It is not the same process and it feels different in the throat.
He learned to do the Axl voice by accident after trying a lot.
He says it is difficult to explain how he does it, that his high notes feel as from behind the throat, and not from below (which would be the origin of the low notes)

Here he is singing like Axl Rose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_693653&feature=iv&src_vid=5UM5D3m2dFE&v=HGV1G-rfcDM

He has uploaded many covers of guns & roses, for his normal low voice there is a cover of Hurt, from Nine inch nails, made popular by Cash

mainlyalurker2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:07 am

Yes, I've heard Juan's covers a lot. He used this twanged (sometimes a bit nasally) head voice, just like Axl. A great singer, check out "In the Ghetto".

Back to top Go down

Post  thehuntingparty on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:14 am

can anyone explain me why Axl's head voice has/had this raspy, nasaly, weird sound? i dont know any other singer who has it. i always thought that head voice is like the same as chest voice, just being use to get higher notes.

thehuntingparty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:08 am

Because he decides to use that style. There are various singers with similar approaches to higher singing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Danerage on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:19 am

Hey I remember that note/clip. It was pretty full, though. Especially as far as Axl's highs usually go.

edit: oops, referring to the live A5 from 2006 MTV Awards

Danerage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top