Demi's Covers

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Demi's Covers

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:51 am

https://soundcloud.com/princessdemi115/juular-vocal-cover
I get bored too easily. Considering I was born in Devonshire, and that's close enough to Devin, it works.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:06 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:https://soundcloud.com/princessdemi115/juular-vocal-cover
I get bored too easily. Considering I was born in Devonshire, and that's close enough to Devin, it works.

Your voice sounds super seductive here. That gentleman-ish tone is hypnotic. Amazing cover.

It's great to have you back In Love
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:08 am

Rebsedd wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:https://soundcloud.com/princessdemi115/juular-vocal-cover

Your voice sounds super seductive here. That gentleman-ish tone is hypnotic. Amazing cover.
Why thank you kind sirĀ  Yeah!.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:06 am

I'm glad you finally picked up a song that didn't required a six octave range. You sound SO MUCH BETTER when doing something more "normal". I'm actually surprised to hear how well you carried the cleans despite having a distinctly different tone from Devin. I really enjoy that english thing to your tone (I don't mean your accent, as Reb pointed out you have a "gentleman-ish" tone which is pretty cool), which is considerably different from the darker, more operatic tone which Devin uses but you managed to do a pretty good job with it.

Now for the harsh vocals. Initially I was waiting for B7s everywhere, but I'm REALLY glad that you opted for sticking to what happens to original. Well, it seems to suffer from the same old problem. They're clipped and distorted. They sound good, but the fact they sound like that take a lot from the listening experience. I dunno girl, check the input levels from your microphone. I bet it's that.

Also, don't be a Kyo when it comes to your health. You're going to hurt yourself again that way. I don't get the impression that you're doing it the healthy way.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:13 am

What do you mean with "stuck"?
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:13 am

Shikkaku wrote:I'm glad you finally picked up a song that didn't required a six octave range. You sound SO MUCH BETTER when doing something more "normal". I'm actually surprised to hear how well you carried the cleans despite having a distinctly different tone from Devin. I really enjoy that english thing to your tone (I don't mean your accent, as Reb pointed out you have a "gentleman-ish" tone which is pretty cool), which is considerably different from the darker, more operatic tone which Devin uses but you managed to do a pretty good job with it.

Now for the harsh vocals. Initially I was waiting for B7s everywhere, but I'm REALLY glad that you opted for sticking to what happens to original. Well, it seems to suffer from the same old problem. They're clipped and distorted. They sound good, but the fact they sound like that take a lot from the listening experience. I dunno girl, check the input levels from your microphone. I bet it's that.

Also, don't be a Kyo when it comes to your health. You're going to hurt yourself again that way. I don't get the impression that you're doing it the healthy way.
Well then, that was extensive lol. I've recently been avoiding most range-wankery, for health reasons, and so I'm more inclined to sing easier melodies, and do far less whistle and upper 5th octave belts. I really love this song, so I figured it would be a neat way to get back into singing. I really don't like making my voice sound darker, unless I'm using head voice, so I guess I just kind of opened my mouth and sang for the clean stuff. It's fun to do these sorts of casual melodies, and I didn't have to overdue any aspects of it. The screaming was actually very easy for me. These sorts of false-chord screams are quite easy, though the F5s are extremely demanding on breath support lol. Trust me; I met with my doctor, and we discussed both speaking exercises as well as my singing and screaming. He basically said that it was the frequency and intensity of my vocals that was causing the damage. So, I'm taking more breaks, and only singing 2-3 songs a day, rather than whole albums like before. I'm hoping I can recover my upper range soon, as I'd really like to challenge myself a bit more. Luckily I can still sing up to A4 pretty consistently though lol. Now the mic issues are multiple things; the input level is probably one of them, also I still need to go out and buy a freaking pop-filter lol, and I'm working on doing my vocal takes in a more "acousticly sound" place. I'm also screaming into a podcast mic, so that doesn't help at all lol. Thank's for such a cool response though. I'm glad to be back, and singing Yeah!
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:19 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:What do you mean with "stuck"?
It's stuck in an infinite void of shit. I've even gotten brief lessons recently, but alas... my singing ability is stagnant.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  irrsol on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:18 am

The juular cover is brilliant! How the fuck did you do those Devin style screams? When I try I either sound too sharp or too weak....
irrsol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:43 am

irrsol wrote:The juular cover is brilliant! How the fuck did you do those Devin style screams? When I try I either sound too sharp or too weak....
I sold my soul to the Illuminopoly... aka, idk. Just false-chord screams
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  irrsol on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:50 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
irrsol wrote:The juular cover is brilliant! How the fuck did you do those Devin style screams? When I try I either sound too sharp or too weak....

If I upload a piece of my scream could you give some suggestions?
irrsol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:58 am

irrsol wrote:

sure, why not
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  irrsol on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:49 am

irrsol wrote:

sure, why not

Thank you. Here you go https://soundcloud.com/user-659132928/scream
Tried two kinds of scream that I can do... Neither works.
irrsol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:15 am

irrsol wrote:
irrsol wrote:

sure, why not

Thank you. Here you go https://soundcloud.com/user-659132928/scream
Tried two kinds of scream that I can do... Neither works.
The 1st style of screams sounded like generic "hard-core kid" false-chords. The problem seems to be the amount of throaty'ness. When doing these types of screams you want to feel like the scream is almost floating in the back of your throat. When this occurs, you'll have a totally open throat, and the screams sort of just float on out. It's the best way I could describe the sensation. The 2nd style of screaming, sounded more like goofy belting. I wouldn't do those, for imitating these styles of distortion. If you want to sing some Metallica though, work on your tone and then use them lol.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  irrsol on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:31 am

The 1st style of screams sounded like generic "hard-core kid" false-chords. The problem seems to be the amount of throaty'ness. When doing these types of screams you want to feel like the scream is almost floating in the back of your throat. When this occurs, you'll have a totally open throat, and the screams sort of just float on out. It's the best way I could describe the sensation. The 2nd style of screaming, sounded more like goofy belting. I wouldn't do those, for imitating these styles of distortion. If you want to sing some Metallica though, work on your tone and then use them lol.

Thank you very much. I'll try the 1st style more lol
irrsol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:52 am

irrsol wrote:

Ok, advice for false-chords... um; DON'T DO THEM TOO LOUD! You will definitely hurt yourself, gradually or almost instantly without proper breath control and support. Work at mid volumes, like for clean singing. Never try and scream at the top of your lungs, rather stay at a mid volume, and never tighten your throat for the higher screaming. For me I can carry pure false-chord screams up to around F, but past that I start to mix with fry screams. Just a safety measure.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:11 pm

http://picosong.com/SQD9/ - Firmament - The Ocean
I've been wanting to do this one for a long time now. Such an awesome song, but damnit this required a lot of effort lol. It may not be perfect, but I enjoyed myself Razz

Feedback is always appreciated too Smile
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  irrsol on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:02 pm

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:http://picosong.com/SQD9/ - Firmament - The Ocean
I've been wanting to do this one for a long time now. Such an awesome song, but damnit this required a lot of effort lol. It may not be perfect, but I enjoyed myself Razz

Again, great screams.
I've never had chance to listen your previous songs. Do your clean voice always sound like this? I think it feels very sweet and somewhat soft. It's a great voice but may not be the best kind of voice for metal, core or these 'rough' genres (when comes to clean vocal). I don't think you are lack of power as your scream sounds very strong. Could it be that you are at 20 and haven't completely developed your cord?
irrsol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nieco on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:54 pm

great cover from a great band, you nailed the screams as usual, but on the clean parts, especially the beginning, your voice sounded too soft and *nasally?* so it seemed a little weird. But thats jus the facgt you are a spencer sotelo-tenor try to cover a baritone song, I guess.
Nieco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:10 pm

Nieco wrote:

great cover from a great band, you nailed the screams as usual, but on the clean parts, especially the beginning, your voice sounded too soft and *nasally?* so it seemed a little weird. But thats jus the facgt you are a spencer sotelo-tenor try to cover a baritone song, I guess.
God damnit, me and my tenor problems lol. I at least managed to get the chorus (Let there be, Firmament, in the midst, of the water) parts to sound less whinny, thanks to my Hetfield impression lol. But yeah, my low range is kind of a weird thing in this song lol.
Thank's though

Last edited by Princess Demi Alexandra on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:17 pm

irrsol wrote:

Again, great screams.
I've never had chance to listen your previous songs. Do your clean voice always sound like this? I think it feels very sweet and somewhat soft. It's a great voice but may not be the best kind of voice for metal, core or these 'rough' genres (when comes to clean vocal). I don't think you are lack of power as your scream sounds very strong. Could it be that you are at 20 and haven't completely developed your cord?
Yeah, my clean vocals are always pretty light and whinny. I'm a "tenor'y tenor", so I'm not surprised it made the very dense and smooth vocals of this song a bit awkward to listen lol. I'm glad you like my voice though lol. And I'd say my chords are as developed as they'll get, considering I'm starting HRT in less than a month. The main thing about my voice, is that it's naturally really soft; "I know, not the best for metal", but I try my best lol. I really don't sing high clean anymore, just due to the difficulty. I've got Worsnop syndrome, except I didn't get a husky voice from it lol. That clean G4 and A4 in the backing vocals were rarities. If you'd like, I have a few older covers on my Soundcloud. One's a Slipknot song, and the other is a DT ballad. Thank's for the feedback though Smile
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  irrsol on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:50 am

irrsol wrote:

Ok, advice for false-chords... um; DON'T DO THEM TOO LOUD! You will definitely hurt yourself, gradually or almost instantly without proper breath control and support. Work at mid volumes, like for clean singing. Never try and scream at the top of your lungs, rather stay at a mid volume, and never tighten your throat for the higher screaming. For me I can carry pure false-chord screams up to around F, but past that I start to mix with fry screams. Just a safety measure.

I have already hurt my throat today Facepalm , tried too hard. It's not so easy to get the right feeling...
irrsol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:52 am

irrsol wrote:
irrsol wrote:

I have already hurt my throat today Facepalm , tried too hard. It's not so easy to get the right feeling...
Naughty Start slow, and mid-volume. If you have to almost whisper the screams at first, do that. Trust me! You want to learn to crawl first, or you'll break your legs.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  irrsol on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:55 am

Yeah, my clean vocals are always pretty light and whinny. I'm a "tenor'y tenor", so I'm not surprised it made the very dense and smooth vocals of this song a bit awkward to listen lol. I'm glad you like my voice though lol. And I'd say my chords are as developed as they'll get, considering I'm starting HRT in less than a month. The main thing about my voice, is that it's naturally really soft; "I know, not the best for metal", but I try my best lol. I really don't sing high clean anymore, just due to the difficulty. I've got Worsnop syndrome, except I didn't get a husky voice from it lol. That clean G4 and A4 in the backing vocals were rarities. If you'd like, I have a few older covers on my Soundcloud. One's a Slipknot song, and the other is a DT ballad. Thank's for the feedback though Smile

I'll listen to your other covers, thanks for reminding me. I'm not very familiar with the functions of soundcloud yet Facepalm

Maybe you could try the Opeth style? Mikael's clean vocal definitely has a taste of ... eh... sadness? Also his clean voice is not very high. Your voice could do just that and it should sound good.
Hope your HRT goes well.

Last edited by irrsol on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
irrsol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  irrsol on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:56 am

Naughty Start slow, and mid-volume. If you have to almost whisper the screams at first, do that. Trust me! You want to learn to crawl first, or you'll break your legs. [/quote]

Yeah, advice taken. I'll take care. Wink
irrsol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:36 am

irrsol wrote:

I'll listen to your other covers, thanks for reminding me. I'm not very familiar with the functions of soundcloud yet Facepalm

Maybe you could try the Opeth style? Mikael's clean vocal definitely has a taste of ... eh... sadness? Also his clean voice is not very high. Your voice could do just that and it should sound good.
Hope your HRT goes well.
I thought about doing an Opeth song, but damnit those songs are super long lol. Idk, maybe once I'm done with my break, I'll do some interesting covers.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top