Demi's Covers

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Demi's Covers

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:00 am

Last edited by Princess Demi Alexandra on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:06 am

Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:https://soundcloud.com/princessdemi115/merciless-cult-cover
It's a decent rendition. Fucked up the low melody though
Right.

I won't comment on the low melody, as you've pointed it out. To be honest, I didn't think it was really that bad. Just a shame that the track overpowered your low vocals imo.
Your whistle screams are good, though I'd suggest working on reaching it without the "uuuughAAAARH". Because you do have a nice whistle and I think it could sound even better without the start :-D
Your growls piss me off. I kept thinking "Can he link me a guide?" because my shitty fry growls pale in comparison to yours.

All in all, fine track. I say it's fine because I really don't listen to Dir En Grey nor J-Metal, but I liked the vocal experimentation. Some might call it range-wanking a little, but then again, I guess it's Dir En Grey's style. I liked it though.
My honest critique, mate Thumb up
Oh no, the low melody I dodged going down to G#2, because my low note technique was on the fritz yesterday, so I was having trouble with getting below my "comfort range", competently. The lyrics were also a bit shotty at times, because I typically don't read lyrics while I do a cover, and I almost completely forgot the verses Razz  . And that climb is due to the exhaustion my voice takes from mixing fry and whistle. I'm still working on that a bit, but fry screams in general aren't my fav so... I'm glad you like my growls Yeah!  . I do false-chords, for the most part, and occasionally fry growls (my Hydra 666 cover has those at parts), and I'm going to do a tutorial on both, hopefully in the next week. I'm actually planning my false-chord tutorial for tomorrow! I'll link you it, if you want, whenever I actually sit down to film it.
Sounds great! I'd love to learn how to false chord scream, as fry screaming really takes a toll on my upper range Very Happy
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:07 am

Last edited by Princess Demi Alexandra on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:52 am

Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:https://soundcloud.com/princessdemi115/merciless-cult-cover
It's a decent rendition. Fucked up the low melody though
Right.

I won't comment on the low melody, as you've pointed it out. To be honest, I didn't think it was really that bad. Just a shame that the track overpowered your low vocals imo.
Your whistle screams are good, though I'd suggest working on reaching it without the "uuuughAAAARH". Because you do have a nice whistle and I think it could sound even better without the start :-D
Your growls piss me off. I kept thinking "Can he link me a guide?" because my shitty fry growls pale in comparison to yours.

All in all, fine track. I say it's fine because I really don't listen to Dir En Grey nor J-Metal, but I liked the vocal experimentation. Some might call it range-wanking a little, but then again, I guess it's Dir En Grey's style. I liked it though.
My honest critique, mate Thumb up
Oh no, the low melody I dodged going down to G#2, because my low note technique was on the fritz yesterday, so I was having trouble with getting below my "comfort range", competently. The lyrics were also a bit shotty at times, because I typically don't read lyrics while I do a cover, and I almost completely forgot the verses Razz  . And that climb is due to the exhaustion my voice takes from mixing fry and whistle. I'm still working on that a bit, but fry screams in general aren't my fav so... I'm glad you like my growls Yeah!  . I do false-chords, for the most part, and occasionally fry growls (my Hydra 666 cover has those at parts), and I'm going to do a tutorial on both, hopefully in the next week. I'm actually planning my false-chord tutorial for tomorrow! I'll link you it, if you want, whenever I actually sit down to film it.
Sounds great! I'd love to learn how to false chord scream, as fry screaming really takes a toll on my upper range Very Happy
Really? That's a bit odd. Are you forcing the screams?

Well, you are always forcing a little when fry screaming. Different than fry growling, but basically the same. But yeah, a little.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:24 am

Why did you deleted your earlier covers? There were some stuff I couldn't listen to and I'd like to Razz
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:12 am

Last edited by Princess Demi Alexandra on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:21 am

Last edited by Princess Demi Alexandra on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:22 pm

Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:55 pm

Princess Demi wrote:Well, I'm back to range-wanking, and almost halfway decent DeG covers again Razz
https://m.soundcloud.com/princessdemi115/saku-cover-2-attack-of-the-kyo-clones
Oh my. I'm imagining this cover, while you are standing outside your loved one's window, holding up your boomblaster and...

doing that.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:03 am

Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:14 am

Last edited by Princess Demi Alexandra on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:39 am

Last edited by Princess Demi Alexandra on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:09 am

Last edited by Princess Demi Alexandra on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eriel on Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:30 am

Are you seriously doing all the vocals ? lol

it's like range masturbation but nice range from 2nd to 7/8th octave ? The high notes are impossible to pitch xD

Eriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:52 am

Eriel wrote:Are you seriously doing all the vocals ? lol

it's like range masturbation but nice range from 2nd to 7/8th octave ? The high notes are impossible to pitch xD
Standard stuff.

Princess is a wank pheasant Very Happy
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:04 am

Last edited by Princess Demi Alexandra on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:17 am

Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:19 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:https://soundcloud.com/princessdemi115/i-stopped-giving-a-shit-pretty-early-sequoia-throne-cover
I sounded pretty tenor'y in this cover. Besides that, this cover is pure brilliance, and you should listen to it 

If you're feeling suicidal as fuck... sorry world. you may smite my mic now 

Oh wow that was... cringe worthy.
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:33 am

Rebsedd wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:https://soundcloud.com/princessdemi115/i-stopped-giving-a-shit-pretty-early-sequoia-throne-cover
I sounded pretty tenor'y in this cover. Besides that, this cover is pure brilliance, and you should listen to it 

If you're feeling suicidal as fuck... sorry world. you may smite my mic now 

Oh wow that was... cringe worthy.
You are a tenor...

Well...
It wasn't bad...
I...
Ninja
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:05 am

study scratch Eh

Lol what became of this thread?
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toyman Cometh on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:24 am

wabba_treads wrote:study scratch Eh

Lol what became of this thread?

N/A....

The Toyman Cometh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:02 am

Low self esteem attack? Shit. Sorry man didn't want to be mean. I just thought some vocals in that one were really fucked up. I was being an ass for the keks. You took it too literally. I really respect your work. Don't back out on your thing. Sorry.
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:52 am

Rebsedd wrote:Low self esteem attack? Shit. Sorry man didn't want to be mean. I just thought some vocals in that one were really fucked up. I was being an ass for the keks. You took it too literally. I really respect your work. Don't back out on your thing. Sorry.
It's not you, personally dude.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:54 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Rebsedd wrote:Low self esteem attack? Shit. Sorry man didn't want to be mean. I just thought some vocals in that one were really fucked up. I was being an ass for the keks. You took it too literally. I really respect your work. Don't back out on your thing. Sorry.
Whistle more for me, boy. I want to hear Emotions Sad
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:03 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Whistle more for me, boy. I want to hear Emotions Sad
I'm done posting covers

until I eventually come back, due to "nobody really gives a fuck, but whatever" demand

Last edited by Princess Demi Alexandra on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top