Demi's Covers

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Demi's Covers

Post  The Toyman Cometh on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:16 am

Demi wrote:...

Those dots always get to me. So deep. Much djent. The cowbell makes this, though.
The Toyman Cometh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:13 am

The Toyman Cometh wrote:
Demi wrote:...

Those dots always get to me.  So deep.  Much djent.  The cowbell makes this, though.
Wow, that actually made me laugh Very Happy don't end the streak pls, keep being funny
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Fri May 27, 2016 10:50 pm

Demi wrote:
The Bully THREAT wrote:You're struggling too much to stay on pitch and controlling your tonality which made it sound a bit shallow Sad Maybe you should've tried that one semitone up. Or breaking down the whole song and practising it part by part can help you get round to those sort of flat notes.

But not a bad cover. You have certainly improved a lot. You sound fuller and sharper for sure.
Fuck, damnit shit fucker Cringe Why do I have to suck so much lol

Of course you're gonna suck, one can sing higher not lower, while this wasn't horrible, until you got to the higher part I started enjoying it truly, the beginning "sucked" cause you're a fucking tenor trying to sing like a bass XD
Your tone improved a lot demi Smile sounding like a true post hardcore singer, work on your strengths, your mid and high registers, fuck the lows, forget them for a couple of years. grow your natural tone.

I was impressed by some parts, well done, your voice has potential, you might hate it and judge it, we all get that, but keep improving, one day you'll hear it.

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri May 27, 2016 11:32 pm

Harmony wrote:
Demi wrote:
The Bully THREAT wrote:You're struggling too much to stay on pitch and controlling your tonality which made it sound a bit shallow Sad Maybe you should've tried that one semitone up. Or breaking down the whole song and practising it part by part can help you get round to those sort of flat notes.

But not a bad cover. You have certainly improved a lot. You sound fuller and sharper for sure.
Fuck, damnit shit fucker Cringe Why do I have to suck so much lol

Of course you're gonna suck, one can sing higher not lower, while this wasn't horrible, until you got to the higher part I started enjoying it truly, the beginning "sucked" cause you're a fucking tenor trying to sing like a bass XD
Your tone improved a lot demi Smile sounding like a true post hardcore singer, work on your strengths, your mid and high registers, fuck the lows, forget them for a couple of years. grow your natural tone.

I was impressed by some parts, well done, your voice has potential, you might hate it and judge it, we all get that, but keep improving, one day you'll hear it.
Lol, in the words of the great dxfifa, "but am bass guiz".
Seriously though, thanks for the kind words. I'm probably going to keep my low singing out of the more serious covers, unless I'm 101% comfortable with it. As for improvements, I have noticed some more strength in my 5th octave, but I still have problems with unwanted rasp. Maybe if I can buy a new cable today, I'll do a re-do of an older cover that I've been meaning to freshen up. Fingers crossed
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue May 31, 2016 12:40 pm

Last edited by Demi on Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Tue May 31, 2016 1:54 pm

a talk, some of my belts and screaming xD
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue May 31, 2016 2:08 pm

dead reb wrote:a talk, some of my belts and screaming xD
XD XD XD
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:28 am

http://picosong.com/Zz8i/
I did a cover of Asking Alexandria - The Final Episode
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:35 pm

Blood and ink stain crack's ears as he listens to them deadly skrams!

Less reverb please, them screams!

Demi's touching himself tonight!

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:31 pm

Harmony wrote:Blood and ink stain crack's ears as he listens to them deadly skrams!

Hahaha, so you know the lyrics Yeah! and yeah, I used a bit too much verb. Next time I'l drop the amount a bit. Thanks for the listen tho
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack-OF-Blades on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:25 pm

Demi wrote:http://picosong.com/Zz8i/
I did a cover of Asking Alexandria - The Final Episode
Would have been even better with the music behind your voice !
That was actually pretty good anyway.
Jack-OF-Blades

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfmzt22EmvsXEyyManBVqAg

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:39 am

Demi wrote:
Harmony wrote:Blood and ink stain crack's ears as he listens to them deadly skrams!

Hahaha, so you know the lyrics Yeah! and yeah, I used a bit too much verb. Next time I'l drop the amount a bit. Thanks for the listen tho

Asking Alexandria was the band that inspired me to start growling then I slowly started gaining confidence in myself and expanding my vision of what I can achieve.

I'll cover it next month or so in the studio Very Happy just for the fun of it, I'll post it, I'm rusty as fuck when it comes to growling... that shit puts on some serious strain cause I'm pushing my larynx all the way down all the time... the price of being a tenor, I think I need to improve my technique big time if I wanna growl on a regular basis.

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:29 am

I'm fine with reverb. Just a little bit less would've done it.

This is fucking amazing by the way. Probably the best I've heard from you.
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:32 am

Jack-OF-Blades wrote:Would have been even better with the music behind your voice !
That was actually pretty good anyway.
thanks dude. since I'm getting good feedback I'll probably add the instrumental and post on my soundcloud.
Harmony wrote:Asking Alexandria was the band that inspired me to start growling then I slowly started gaining confidence in myself and expanding my vision of what I can achieve.

I'll cover it next month or so in the studio Very Happy just for the fun of it, I'll post it, I'm rusty as fuck when it comes to growling... that shit puts on some serious strain cause I'm pushing my larynx all the way down all the time... the price of being a tenor, I think I need to improve my technique big time if I wanna growl on a regular basis.
Dude, you shouldn't need to manipulate your larynx that much to growl. I'm a fairly high tenor and growling is ass easy as "tunnel throating", applying the right amount of pressure, and relaxing my throat. I'd say you really need to rethink your technique for growling if you're having to lower your larynx to do it. I'd love to hear your rendition though; do post it if you can.
dead reb redemption wrote:

thanks neb. Ily dude
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:47 am

Wow, that was incredible.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  infernus2 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:55 am

Demi wrote:

thanks neb. Ily dude
You're cheating on me? Sad
infernus2

View user profile https://dreamincolormusic.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:19 pm

infernus2 wrote:You're cheating on me? Sad
polygamy mate >>>>>>>>
Shikkaku wrote:Wow, that was incredible.

Shocked thanks shi-shi lol
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  infernus2 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:30 pm

I'm not the kind to share. Naughty
infernus2

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:08 pm

she mine nigga beat it
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  infernus2 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:19 pm

Damn it, fine. Sad
infernus2

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:51 am

Let me give you a more in-depth review of it, as I HATE shallow, one-adjective long comments Razz

As Reb pointed out, that was probably the best cover I've heard from you. Your screams are INCREDIBLE. For such a light-voiced biological-dude as you, they're hellish powerful. It was probably the best clean performance of you though - your pitch was perfect, there's not a single note out of pitch - and you made your natural tone work pretty well. I really liked the harmonies on the chorus BTW.

Also "methcore" Very Happy
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:37 am

Shikkaku wrote:Let me give you a more in-depth review of it, as I HATE shallow, one-adjective long comments Razz

As Reb pointed out, that was probably the best cover I've heard from you. Your screams are INCREDIBLE. For such a light-voiced biological-dude as you, they're hellish powerful. It was probably the best clean performance of you though - your pitch was perfect, there's not a single note out of pitch - and you made your natural tone work pretty well. I really liked the harmonies on the chorus BTW.

I agree, Demi the mother fucker is getting shit done properly! his last empire something cover on soundcloud was solid on a lot of parts as well.

Glad to see members improving, I gained some motivation from this forum, great way to interact with more singers.

@Demi Try singing "Closer to closure" by Of Machines Very Happy High AF song though or maybe "In The End" by Linkin Park? try keeping it clean though, that one takes a solid decent tone.

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:31 am

Harmony wrote:or maybe "In The End" by Linkin Park?

oh

oh no
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:42 am

Shikkaku wrote:Let me give you a more in-depth review of it, as I HATE shallow, one-adjective long comments Razz

Lol you got me Embarassed . I really do appreciate it though. I'm genuinely surprised at the feedback this got though. It's the same stuff as usual lol. Anyways, it was probably the best clean performance because I didn't sing too high or too low. Maybe I should cover some Dir en Grey again Razz I am glad my pitch is improving though. It always feels like I'm not getting better with that, so any signs of improvement are awesome Smile

Harmony wrote:I agree, Demi the mother fucker is getting shit done properly! his last empire something cover on soundcloud was solid on a lot of parts as well.

Glad to see members improving, I gained some motivation from this forum, great way to interact with more singers.

@Demi Try singing "Closer to closure" by Of Machines Very Happy High AF song though or maybe "In The End" by Linkin Park? try keeping it clean though, that one takes a solid decent tone.

If only I wasn't so lazy. I'd probably re-do the low singing in the empire cover Freak And I agree 100% with your sentiments. My most cherished memories of TRP are definitly of meeting fellow singers, and friends. Note-watching just tires me now lol.

I've never heard the former suggestion, but In the End is pretty cool. Maybe I'll take a swing at both of them this weekend if I have time.

oh

oh no
OOOOOOO, TREEEGAAADDDD. Maybe I should do sum Crawling too Shark
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:55 pm

Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down