View previous topic View next topic Go down

David Mitchell

Post  Clem on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:35 am

David Mitchell:

Voice Type: Baritone
Sung Range: G2-C5
Total Range: C2-A5

Significant High Notes:
A5 (Celebrating (Hitler's Successor Sketch))

G♯5 ("Ahh!" (Bronze Age Sketch))

G5 ("Will You Just Read Out The Frigging Number?")

F5 (Tribal Chanting (Garden Centre Tribe Sketch), "Ahh!" (Robert's Holiday Photos Sketch))

E5 ("He's Quite Strong For A Henchman", "We're Not Having Sex")

D5 ("He Said What?", "For God's Sake, Shut Up" (Liverpool Fan Sketch), "I Know There's A Lot Of Prejudice")

C♯5 ("Sir!" (Sir Digby Chicken Caesar), "Hey!" (Cheesoid Sketch), Laughing (Politically Incorrect Pantomime Sketch))

C5 ("A Whiter Shade Of Pale/Muppets" Mashup on I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue), "The Only Bit Of Gore In The Whole Thing", "You Sent Him Out For Coffees?", "Isn't It Beautiful?" (Rebecca Sketch))

B4 ("I've Got Something", "That's Not The Point" (Samaritan Sketch), Celebrating (Hitler's Successor Sketch), "No, I Can Smell Sausage Rolls", "No, Cheesoid", "I Don't Know How They Put The Fucking Skin On", "You Didn't Do Anything To Me")

B♭4 ("Straight Through His Spine", "Angelic Hordes Come Forth 2", "Ahh! (Slow Typing Sketch), German Yelling (Nümberwang Sketch), "Yes, Sir!" (Sir Digby Chicken Caesar), "I Don't Know The Answer!", "Invisible Beams", "It Isn't Over Until The Full Number Of Over That Have Set To Be Bowled That Day Have Been Bowled")

A4 ("Angelic Hordes Come Forth 1", "I Haven't Said Anything", "Nothing? You Can Move Objects With Your Mind!", "Yes!" (Massive Yacht Sketch), "Yeah, Yeah, It's All Fine" (Jump Off A Cliff Sketch), "In The First 48 Hours", "Stop It, Owen", "I'm Not Going To Stay Here", Tribal Chanting (Garden Centre Tribe Sketch), "They'll Brush Their Goddamn Tongues", "So That's The Football" (Sky Sports Sketch), "Of Course They're Real Flamingos!", "What Did You Do That For?" (Biohazard Pranks Sketch), "Give That Back, Now!" (David's Wig Sketch), "Colosson's Escaped")

G♯4 ("That's Brilliant" (Dry Cleaner Sketch), "Please, Can We Stop" (Robert's Holiday Photos Sketch), "Ahh!" (Extreme Negative Feedback Sketch), "Cinderella Sucking Off The Panto Horse, Now", "Greenland?" (Captain Naming Territory Sketch))

G4 ("Baa Baa, Black Sheep" on Would I Lie To You?, "Go BMX Bandit!", "Leave Here" (Vicar Sketch), "I've Got A Tremendous Thirst", "I Know!" (Cricket Sketch))

F♯4 ("It Was A Poo", "It Hates Being In The Cage", "No" (Garden Centre Sketch), "There's No Such Thing As A Draw In Cricket")

F4 ("Oh Shit, The Kids!", "Who Should We Invite To Our Next Do?", "Ahh, Yes. I've Got It." "Das Ist Nümberwang", "1997" (Toothbrush Sketch), "Cock!" (Chiropractor Sketch))

E♭4 ("A Whiter Shade Of Pale/Muppets" Mashup on I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue)

C4 ("Gordon Is A Moron" Mashup on I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue)

Significant Low Notes:

B2 ("A Whiter Shade Of Pale/Muppets" Mashup on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue)

B♭2 ("Table of Reds")

A2("Gordon Is A Moron" Mashup on I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue)

G♯2 ("That's A Bad Miss")

G2 ("A Whiter Shade Of Pale/Muppets" Mashup on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue)

F2 ("Freaks", "It Wouldn't Even Die", "Are You Even An Expert On Wine?", "That's A Bad Miss"(Homebrewing Snooker Sketch), "British Justice", "I'm Thirtsty", "2002" (Toothbrush Sketch"))

E2 ("Yeah" (TV Show Garden Sketch), "No, Timmy. 'Cos That Would Be Shit", "Wales" (Captain Naming Territory Sketch), "Myth Child", "With A Laser" (History of Numberwang Sketch))

E♭2 ("That First Suck On A Lambert", "At Least 30 Of Them", "Very Easy On The Eye", "Putting A Bit Of A Kink In The Handle", "Only In His Sleep", "An Unfortunate Necessity, I Fear")

D2 ("They've All Gone", "He Liked Butter", "Cheers", "We'll Buy A Gun", "He Hasn't Managed That Either", "It's Dead" (Helivets Sketch), "Maybe, In A Few Years, You'll Be Researching On Any Dream Will Do")

C♯2 (Gurgling Noises From The Homebrewing Snooker Sketch, "Clear Up", "In More Ways Than One", "But I Bowled A Wide", "Numberwang Returned Triumphantly To Our Screens))

C2 ("Now We Know", "Yeah" (Jump Off A Cliff Sketch), "Buy A New One" (Toothbrush Sketch), "His Own Personal Demons", "That's A Word I've Not Heard In A Long Time")

*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Known For Vocals:
As an actor and comedian, starring in shows such as "Peep Show" and "That Mitchell and Webb Look". Mitchell demonstrates good control of his voice, often using throaty sounding lows for certain characters, such as the rude waiter or snooker commentator. He also effortlessly belts into the upper 4th octave, despite his baritone tessitura. His speaking voice tends to have quite a nasal quality to it, demonstrating a slightly brighter and higher placed sound than his comedy partner, Robert Webb. Singing is a rare occurance for Mitchell, but has performed for radio comedy, "I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue", as well a rendition of "Lady In Red" with snooker themed words (Table Of Reds) for one of his snooker commentator sketches. His singing voice sounds somewhat more fragile, and he does not seem to belt high notes in the way he has showcased in voice acting.

Last edited by Aleksiempainen on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:38 pm; edited 76 times in total
Clem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Mitchell

Post  Hopscotch on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:39 am

Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top