aliceunchained's Singing Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: aliceunchained's Singing Thread

Post  aliceunchained on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:31 am

Sorcerer wrote:

You did really well on the F4's and G4's. The A4's were kind of pushing it for your voice. That's why I said you should take it down a semitone.

Thanks. Smile And yeah, it makes perfect sense!
aliceunchained

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:41 am

aliceunchained wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Yeah, it's dreadful. And you don't want to hear my voice in those types of places. It's either too heady, or too strained and nasally. D5's are about all my voice can do connected, with a tolerable tone, because even then my tone irritates the shit out of me lol. Again, let me find that abysmal Obscure cover just to tide you over Yeah!  Also, I think Dead Memories tops at G#4 during the verses, and the chorus tops at F#4. Not too bad (thank god Kyo isn't singing it)

I haven't yet been able to sing in the 5th octave without falsetto, unfortunately... Some singing lessons could really do the trick for me, but I can't afford that, at the time. And haha, it's nice to see that you are as hard on yourself as you are on others. At least you're not the conceited kind that criticizes everyone but then doesn't even acknowledge his or her own limitations. Umm, that's about as far as I can go without much strain (F4s and G4s). I could do the A4 in Snuff without struggling, but then again it's just one very quick note...
Yeah, the 5th/high 4th is a scary place for non-Anibal tenors lol. And, I honestly don't think of myself as a good singer, especially after I abruptly moved in the middle of my actual training, and pretty much have been unable to apply any of the non-breathing aspects into my contemporary voice. And my friend didn't like your A4 Razz I personally enjoy your tone until you get to about G4; then it sounds to pushy.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aliceunchained on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:53 am

Princess Demi wrote:
Yeah, the 5th/high 4th is a scary place for non-Anibal tenors lol. And, I honestly don't think of myself as a good singer, especially after I abruptly moved in the middle of my actual training, and pretty much have been unable to apply any of the non-breathing aspects into my contemporary voice. And my friend didn't like your A4 Razz  I personally enjoy your tone until you get to about G4; then it sounds to pushy.

It is indeed... I am pretty sure that I am a baritone, but then again I have absolutely zero technique, which can also contribute to my lack of capacity to hit high notes without strain. I am aware that my timbre is quite light in comparison with the regular baritone, though. Well, I don't think highly of myself as a singer either. I think I'm okay. By no means near the worst, but also far from the best. Haha, that doesn't really bother me, because I do agree. Now that I've learned some stuff about notes and such, I can say that my comfortable range is basically E2-G4. I -can- go lower, but then it gets breathy and whispered, and I -can- go higher, but then it does sound pushy.

Last edited by aliceunchained on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
aliceunchained

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorcerer on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:21 pm

aliceunchained wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Yeah, the 5th/high 4th is a scary place for non-Anibal tenors lol. And, I honestly don't think of myself as a good singer, especially after I abruptly moved in the middle of my actual training, and pretty much have been unable to apply any of the non-breathing aspects into my contemporary voice. And my friend didn't like your A4 Razz  I personally enjoy your tone until you get to about G4; then it sounds to pushy.

It is indeed... I am pretty sure that I am a baritone, but then again I have absolutely zero technique, which can also contribute to my lack of capacity to hit high notes without strain. I am aware that my timbre is quite light in comparison with the regular baritone, though. Well, I don't think highly of myself as a singer either. I think I'm okay. By no means near the worst, but also far from the best. Haha, that doesn't really bother me, because I do agree. Now that I've learned some stuff about notes and such, I can say that my comfortable range is basically A2-G4. I -can- go lower, but then it gets breathy and whispered, and I -can- go higher, but then it does sound pushy.

Most of Eddie Vedder's stuff tops around E4-G4, with some rare A4's and B4's. His acoustic stuff and pearl jam stuff is my favorite. Make me melt inside lol.

Sorcerer
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aliceunchained on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:25 pm

Sorcerer wrote:

Most of Eddie Vedder's stuff tops around E4-G4, with some rare A4's and B4's. His acoustic stuff and pearl jam stuff is my favorite. Make me melt inside lol.

Hehe, I know exactly what you're talking about! Big Pearl Jam (and Eddie!) fan here. I actually decided I wanted to sing after I went to my first concert which was none other than a three and a half-hour PJ gig.

P.S. His performance on "Love, Reign O'er Me" scares me, though! How in hell can he sing that? It's brutal.
aliceunchained

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorcerer on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:52 pm

aliceunchained wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:

Hehe, I know exactly what you're talking about! Big Pearl Jam (and Eddie!) fan here. I actually decided I wanted to sing after I went to my first concert which was none other than a three and a half-hour PJ gig.

P.S. His performance on "Love, Reign O'er Me" scares me, though! How in hell can he sing that? It's brutal.

I remember that performance! I was like holy shit... And couldn't think clearly for like an hour, lol.

Sorcerer
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aliceunchained on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:10 pm

Sorcerer wrote:

I remember that performance! I was like holy shit... And couldn't think clearly for like an hour, lol.

It is quite overwhelming, oh yes indeed!
aliceunchained

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:56 pm

aliceunchained wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:

It is indeed... I am pretty sure that I am a baritone, but then again I have absolutely zero technique, which can also contribute to my lack of capacity to hit high notes without strain. I am aware that my timbre is quite light in comparison with the regular baritone, though. Well, I don't think highly of myself as a singer either. I think I'm okay. By no means near the worst, but also far from the best. Haha, that doesn't really bother me, because I do agree. Now that I've learned some stuff about notes and such, I can say that my comfortable range is basically A2-G4. I -can- go lower, but then it gets breathy and whispered, and I -can- go higher, but then it does sound pushy.
I could've sworn I've heard you get lower than A2 with strength
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorcerer on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:31 pm

Princess Demi wrote:
aliceunchained wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:

It might not be comfortable for him though. We can't hear what he feels.

Sorcerer
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:45 pm

Sorcerer wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
aliceunchained wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:

It might not be comfortable for him though. We can't hear what he feels.
That's true. It just sounded super resonant, for somebody who's no comfortable below A2.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorcerer on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:47 pm

He could probably train them to be easier, more comfortable, and more resonant if he wanted to. He seems to be more worried about his high notes though.

Sorcerer
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aliceunchained on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Princess Demi wrote:

I did some notewatching and yeah, I was selling myself quite short there! E2 is actually my lowest comfortable note. Below that is where it gets breathy and whispered! Smile
aliceunchained

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:04 pm

aliceunchained wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:

I did some notewatching and yeah, I was selling myself quite short there! E2 is actually my lowest comfortable note. Below that is where it gets breathy and whispered! Smile
Oh, obvious baritone is obvious. I start getting breathy around F#/G Sad Also, did the new link work?
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aliceunchained on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:08 pm

Princess Demi wrote:
Oh, obvious baritone is obvious. I start getting breathy around F#/G Sad  Also, did the new link work?

Hehe. Like my father and grandfather before me... I was bound to be a baritone. ^^ I'm listening to it right now.

EDIT: I really like your screaming! You actually do sound like you know how to do it, unlike me. xD And in different registers too. You should do a serious recording! The only true problem with this one is it does sound a bit lazy in some parts, with some strange highs here and there (either because they sound a bit strained or because you're just a little off). I loved the timbre in your lows! I would really like to hear you do a more err.... "normal" song, like Dead Memories, for instance. But you do seem quite a good singer in general. Smile

EDIT^2: You have to tell me how you recorded that, though. I really think the way my stuff is (badly) recorded negatively impacts on the listeners' opinion about my singing...

Last edited by aliceunchained on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
aliceunchained

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:19 pm

aliceunchained wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Oh, obvious baritone is obvious. I start getting breathy around F#/G Sad  Also, did the new link work?

Hehe. Like my father and grandfather before me... I was bound to be a baritone. ^^ I'm listening to it right now.
Hahaha, my dad's a baritony baritone, and I'm a shitty emo tenor Sad You got lucky lol
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aliceunchained on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:24 pm

Princess Demi wrote:
Hahaha, my dad's a baritony baritone, and I'm a shitty emo tenor Sad  You got lucky lol

Haha. xD If you consider it lucky to be a baritone with a tenor's light timbre, then sure, I did. :p My mother's a soprano, so I guess it came down to that: a baritone with quite a bit of estrogen.
aliceunchained

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:33 pm

aliceunchained wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Hahaha, my dad's a baritony baritone, and I'm a shitty emo tenor Sad  You got lucky lol

Haha. xD If you consider it lucky to be a baritone with a tenor's light timbre, then sure, I did. :p My mother's a soprano, so I guess it came down to that: a baritone with quite a bit of estrogen.
Laughing my mom's an alto though, so maybe I just spawned my own estrogen. Idk, when you're done being subjected to my bull shit, go back to PM. We're derailing your own thread lol
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aliceunchained on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:39 pm

Princess Demi wrote:
Laughing  my mom's an alto though, so maybe I just spawned my own estrogen. Idk, when you're done being subjected to my bull shit, go back to PM. We're derailing your own thread lol

Haha. xD On my way. And I really love altos. If I were a woman, I would most certainly want to be an alto!
aliceunchained

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorcerer on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:37 am

aliceunchained wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Laughing  my mom's an alto though, so maybe I just spawned my own estrogen. Idk, when you're done being subjected to my bull shit, go back to PM. We're derailing your own thread lol

Haha. xD On my way. And I really love altos. If I were a woman, I would most certainly want to be an alto!

Altos are great! I also like Mezzo's. And wow, I didn't realize you were resonant down to E2. I was too lazy to go back and check those notes. I start getting whispery at the the A2/Bb2...

Sorcerer
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:47 am

Sorcerer wrote:
aliceunchained wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:

Altos are great! I also like Mezzo's. And wow, I didn't realize you were resonant down to E2. I was too lazy to go back and check those notes. I start getting whispery at the the A2/Bb2...
Tenor powers, unite! Siren Parrot Siren
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorcerer on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:53 am

Princess Demi wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:
aliceunchained wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:

Woo! Although we pretty much have already taken over the pop world, lol.

Oh, yeah. Yesterday I was singing along to a Kansas song while in the line at McDonalds and this lady in front of me turns around and just stares at me, and then says "That's a real nice Tenor voice". And I just stare blankly at her for like 5 seconds trying to register what she just said(With headphones still in my ears) and finally I say, "Thanks" really awkwardly in a low voice. She then just turns back around. Lol, horrible story, I know. Nothing interesting happens in my life...

Sorcerer
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:56 am

Sorcerer wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:
aliceunchained wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:

Oh, yeah. Yesterday I was singing along to a Kansas song while in the line at McDonalds and this lady in front of me turns around and just stares at me, and then says "That's a real nice Tenor voice". And I just stare blankly at her for like 5 seconds trying to register what she just said(With headphones still in my ears) and finally I say, "Thanks" really awkwardly in a low voice. She then just turns back around. Lol, horrible story, I know. Nothing interesting happens in my life...
Yeah, because we're just cool like that. And that story is pretty much the story of my life, except people tell me to shut the fuck up, and then I awkwardly tell them ok then go back to my corner Razz
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorcerer on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:58 am

I can't sing anything that's not light though. It's a light tenor curse. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I was singing with this one dude and I was straining trying to get the Bb4's heavier and I asked him if I should make them lighter. He gave me this face like "Are you fucking kidding me?" then he said, "Don't make them any lighter..." and then he laughed at me for a good 10 seconds.

Sorcerer
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorcerer on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:01 am

Princess Demi wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:
aliceunchained wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:

Yeah, because we're just cool like that. And that story is pretty much the story of my life, except people tell me to shut the fuck up, and then I awkwardly tell them ok then go back to my corner Razz

I usually just ignore what people say. Yesterday was the first time I ever got genuinely complimented on my voice. Whenever I sing along to Rock Band I sing Paramore in the original octave and my roommate looks at me like I'm some retarded faggot lol.

Sorcerer
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:12 am

Sorcerer wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:
aliceunchained wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:

I usually just ignore what people say. Yesterday was the first time I ever got genuinely complimented on my voice. Whenever I sing along to Rock Band I sing Paramore in the original octave and my roommate looks at me like I'm some retarded faggot lol.
Hahaha, I typically don't take things to heart, but every once in a while I do get pissy afterwards loll
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top