Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ivan "Ghost" Moody

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat May 23, 2015 3:20 pm

Ivan "Ghost" Moody
Voice Type: Moody Baritone
Vocal Range: G♯1-D5
Melodic Vocal Range: B1-D5

Overview: He's fucking Phil Anselmo wannabe... that's it. He's just a Phil impersonator in a band that used to be good, before they started making generic dribble. My opinions aside, Ivan has shown himself to be a solid singer, with a very harsh, distorted sound to his upper range. In contrast to this, he has a very warm, grumbly low range that possess great strength. Most of his clean high singing typically stays below G♯4, however he has shown himself to be more than capable of belting out some very brilliant sounding highs throughout his vocal career. If you like Phil and decent Groove Metal and Melodic Thrash bands, check out the first two albums of his current band, Five Finger Death Punch. If you don't like shitty, generic Nu Metal and lazy Groove Metal, avoid their later albums like the Bubonic Plague Evil or Very Mad However, his earlier work such as Motograter and Ghost Machine are not only much better musically, but vocally extremely impressive, and I recommend checking out for those who actually give a shit about this guy.

Significant High Notes

D5 ("Mutiny")
C♯5 ("Ashes")
C5 ("The Devil's Own", "Down", "Get Back")
B4 ("A Place to Die", "Death Before Dishonor", "Generation Dead", "Suffocate", "New Design", "Anywhere but Here", "Dot Your Eyes")
B♭4 ("The Way of the Fist", "Salvation", "The Bleeding", "A Bleeding", "A Place to Die", "The Devil's Own", "White Knuckles", "Hard to See", "Succubus", "Wicked Ways", "Down", "Mutiny", "Watch You Bleed", "Wrong Side of Heaven", "I.M.Sin", "Dot Your Eyes", "M.I.N.E (End This Way)", "Diary of a Deadman", "Jekyll and Hyde")
A4 ("Ashes", "Can't Heal You", "Meet the Monster", "No One Gets Left Behind", "Falling in Hate", "My Own Hell", "Walk Away", "War is the Answer", "Coming Down", "Remember Everything", "American Capitalist", "Under and Over It", "Back For More", "The Tragic Truth", "Collapse", "Red", "Fight", "Watch You Bleed", "Burn MF", "Anywhere but Here", "Dot Your Eyes", "M.I.N.E (End This Way)")
G♯4 ("Ashes", "Death Before Dishonor", "A New Level [Cover]", "No One Gets Left Behind", "Coming Over", "Burn it Down", "Succubus", "Prophecies", "Wrong", "Jekyll and Hyde")
G4 ("Dying Breed", "Ashes", "Salvation", "The Bleeding", "A Place to Die", "The Devil's Own", "Can't Heal You", "Death Before Dishonor", "Stranger than Fiction", "The Bleeding", "Bulletproof", "Far From Home", "My Own Hell", "Undone", "The Pride", "If I Fall", "100 Ways to Hate", "Suffocate", "Lift Me Up", "You", "Wrong Side of Heaven", "Burn MF", "I.M.Sin", "Anywhere but Here", "M.I.N.E (End This Way)", "Jekyll and Hyde")
F♯4 ("White Knuckles", "Meet the Monster", "Never Enough", "From Out of Nowhere [Cover]", "Hard to See", "Walk Away", "Bad Company", "Menace", "The Tragic Truth" "Red", "Get Back", "Lift Me Up", "You", "Wrong Side of Heaven", "Burn MF", "Anywhere but Here", "M.I.N.E (End This Way)", "Mama Said Knock You Out")

Significant Low Notes

C3 ("The Bleeding", "White Knuckles", "From Out of Nowhere [Cover]", "Down")
B2 ("A Place to Die", "White Knuckles", "Death Before Dishonor", "Meet the Monster", "Never Enough", "Stranger than Fiction", "Far From Home", "Walk Away", "Bad Company", "Fight", "Wrong Side of Heaven", Burn MF")
B♭2 ("The Bleeding", "Never Enough", "Anywhere but Here")
A2 ("Stranger than Fiction", "Undone", "Mutiny", "Wrong Side of Heaven")
G♯2 ("The Tragic Truth")
G2 ("Far From Home", "Undone")
F♯2 ("Bad Company" "Prophecies")
F2 ("War is the Answer", "Coming Down")
E2 ("White Knuckles", "Succubus", "If I Fall")
E♭2 ("Wicked Ways", "Down", "Dot Your Eyes")
D2 ("Bulletproof", "Remember Everything", "100 Ways to Hate", "Diary of a Deadman", "Jekyll and Hyde")
C♯2 ("Stranger than Fiction", "Bad Company", "Generation Dead", "I.M.Sin")
C2 ("White Knuckles", "A New Level [Cover]", "Mama Said Knock You Out")
B1 ("Never Enough", "Lift Me Up", "Menace", "M.I.N.E (End This Way)" "Diary of a Deadman")
B♭1 ("White Knuckles", "A New Level [Cover]")
A1 ("Dying Breed", "Back For More")
G♯1 ("Diary of a Deadman")
.....................................................................................................
*Underlines mark notes in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the mix.
*Italics mark non-melodic notes, intentionally spoken notes, or strong fry dips
*Green marks harsh distorted notes - screams

Last edited by Princess Demi on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:12 am; edited 9 times in total
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ivan "Ghost" Moody

Post  Zedd Squared on Sat May 23, 2015 3:25 pm

Lift Me Up has sung B1s and Never Enough has spoken notes at the same pitch.
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Private Perineum on Sat May 23, 2015 7:41 pm

Can't stand the band, but he's such a powerful singer.
Private Perineum

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/timialexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun May 24, 2015 4:08 am

Zedd Squared wrote:Lift Me Up has sung B1s and Never Enough has spoken notes at the same pitch.
Never enough gets down to G♯1 though, so I didn't include the B and I'm currently finishing up my notes for the next two albums. I don't own any of their stuff after War is the Answer, so it's taken me a minute to get around to note watching American Capitalist and the double album.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun May 24, 2015 4:13 am

Austere McNugget wrote:Can't stand the band, but he's such a powerful singer.
Yeah, I can't listen to any of their stuff after War is the Answer. It's just so useless and generic, and the musicality took a nose dive as well as the sheer "punch you in the face" vibe that I got from the 1st two albums. If anything, I think they should either make a cover album of Pantera's greatest hits, or breakup, because they haven't been doing any original stuff worth listening to, and Ivan (as much as he ripped of Phil) is wasted potential in a band that is below average at this point. It sucks too, because after recovering from some vocal chord problems during the 1st album's life cycle, his voice has only been getting stronger, yet the band has been getting worse and so it makes it hard to enjoy his singing.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue May 26, 2015 12:52 pm

2nd album has been checked! if anyone cares lol. No new high or low notes sadly, but a ton of more songs to add to his low range.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Tue May 26, 2015 1:57 pm

Never listened to these guys. However, the fact that they have two different songs called "A Bleeding" and "The Bleeding" that BOTH top at Bb4 amuses me to no end for some reason
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue May 26, 2015 11:22 pm

cryszofthescots wrote:Never listened to these guys. However, the fact that they have two different songs called "A Bleeding" and "The Bleeding" that BOTH top at Bb4 amuses me to no end for some reason
Yeah, these guys are crack heads, especially Phil Jr. As long as you heed my warning from the overview, you'll be ok
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:28 am

Two more Five Finger Fist Fuck albums left, and the two Ghost Machine Albums! Ghost Machine will be easy, but the Wrong Side of Heaven thingys will suck ass. If somebody else would like to help with those, that would be greatly appreciated, because I can't stand them. No, no...
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedd Squared on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:31 am

Honestly he sounds much more like he's trying to sound like Corey Taylor than Anselmo to me.
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:32 am

Working on a thread by a singer you hate seems like a bad decision
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:36 am

cryszofthescots wrote:Working on a thread by a singer you hate seems like a bad decision
I like him, despite the bashing, I just hate FFDP's albums from American Capitalist onwards. Motograter which I just went through a 2nd time to note check, is an awesome album and out-does all of the Five Finger Fuckagon albums combined. Ghost Machine is also really awesome. FFDP is just too watered down and poppy for me, now-a-days, and in the worst kind of way.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:39 am

Zedd Squared wrote:Honestly he sounds much more like he's trying to sound like Corey Taylor than Anselmo to me.
Laughing yeah he kind of does. Idk, maybe it's just the wannabe Phil attitude that makes me say that he's Phil. His singing on the 1st couple FFDP records was pretty Phil like though; songs like The Way of the Fist really reinforce that idea of "look at me, I'm a badass". His singing on later FFDP and the pre-Fist Fuck projects was pretty Corey sounding though
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:42 am

Princess Demi wrote:
Zedd Squared wrote:Honestly he sounds much more like he's trying to sound like Corey Taylor than Anselmo to me.
Laughing  yeah he kind of does. Idk, maybe it's just the wannabe Phil attitude that makes me say that he's Phil. His singing on the 1st couple FFDP records was pretty Phil like though; songs like The Way of the Fist really reinforce that idea of "look at me, I'm a badass". His singing on later FFDP and the pre-Fist Fuck projects was pretty Corey sounding though
Can't blame him for wanting to sound like one of the best ever.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:43 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Laughing  yeah he kind of does. Idk, maybe it's just the wannabe Phil attitude that makes me say that he's Phil. His singing on the 1st couple FFDP records was pretty Phil like though; songs like The Way of the Fist really reinforce that idea of "look at me, I'm a badass". His singing on later FFDP and the pre-Fist Fuck projects was pretty Corey sounding though
Sure you can Pff
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:45 am

Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Sure you can Pff
Thanks Obama! Banghead
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:49 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Sure you can Pff
Thanks Obama! Banghead
Thumb up
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:53 am

Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Sure you can Pff
Thanks Obama! Banghead
Thumb up
God bless USA
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:01 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:
Sure you can Pff
Thanks Obama! Banghead
Thumb up
God bless USA
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  feargm on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:05 am

Ah, didn't realize a thread for this guy was made, nice to see it!
feargm

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/feargm

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:16 am

feargm wrote:Ah, didn't realize a thread for this guy was made, nice to see it!
Yeah, my threads typically go under the radar. Wink Also, thank's!
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  feargm on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:43 pm

My pleasure! Didn't know the guy had gone up to D5, that's pretty cool.
feargm

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/feargm

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:26 pm

feargm wrote:My pleasure! Didn't know the guy had gone up to D5, that's pretty cool.
Yeah, the Motograter album is impressive as fuck both vocally and musically (for Nu-Metal). He sings up to full B4s and a C5, and damn clean ones at that.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:55 am

Austere McNugget wrote:Can't stand the band, but he's such a powerful singer.
If you like his voice, I'd advise checking out Motograter's self-titled album. The singing is great, and the music is a really cool Nu-Metal monster.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:14 am

I should probably hate this song, but it seems to know how stupid it is. Great melody up to Bb4 and tons of talky bits down to solid D2s
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top