View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tipe Johnson

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:35 am

Voice type: Baritenor
Sung range: G2-F5
Total range: G1-F5

Significant high notes:

F5 ("Fire")
E5 ("Stairway to Heaven" live in Helsinki 2003, "Highway to Hell" live on Tartu Mikkiin)
E♭5 ("Goldfinger", "You're My Heart, You're My Soul")
D5 ("Manic Monday", "Der Lachende Vagabund", "You Shook Me All Night Long/Highway to Hell" live in Porvoo 2012)
C♯5 ("Goldfinger", "Happy Together")
C5 ("Fire", "Manic Monday", "Puttin' on the Ritz", "You're My Heart, You're My Soul", "Stairway to Heaven" live in Helsinki 2003, "Kashmir" live in Helsinki 2003, "Detroit Rock City" live on Tartu Mikkiin)
B4 ("Joulun Rauhaa", "Starman", "Puttin' on the Ritz", "My Sharona", "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy) live in Helsinki 2003, "Not Strong Enough" live)
B♭4 ("Ring of Fire", ("Goldfinger")
A4 ("Goldfinger", "Kashmir" live in Helsinki 2003, "Enter Sandman" live 2001)

Significant low notes:

G1 ("My Sharona")
D2 ("My Sharona")
F♯2 ("What Is Love")
G2 ("My Sharona", "You're My Heart, You're My Soul", "Manic Monday", "You Shook Me All Night Long/Highway to Hell" live in Porvoo 2012)
G♯2 ("Ring of Fire")
B2 ("Starman", "Enter Sandman" live 2001, "Not Strong Enough" live at Hard Rock Cafe 2011)
C3 ("Perfect Day")

*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

One of the more eclectic performers here... Johnson has had his share of projects, working as a live vocalist for Apocalyptica, for example. His most famous stint was probably with The Leningrad Cowboys, for whom he sang for a while.

Johnson has this rough but light voice, best described as a 'baritenor'. His voice sounds a bit thinner than it used to do, though he can still put on some rasp. Some of his 5th octave studio high notes are rather peculiar, but overall his highs sound awesome. Case in point, this quite unique cover right here:

Back to top Go down

Re: Tipe Johnson

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:41 am

3:44 is quite rockin'.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top