[ 5 ]
56% 56% 
[ 9 ]
13% 13% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 16

Sotelo vs Walker

Post  Shikkaku on Thu May 07, 2015 3:01 am

Those two are extremely versatile, original and technically impressive singers that definitely stand out in the modern metal scene. Which one do you like more?

I'm going with Rody. Sotelo is ridiculously insane as well, but his clean timbre kinda gets on my nerves sometimes.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sotelo vs Walker

Post  Karl on Fri May 08, 2015 3:59 am

I think Spencer is much better live.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Fri May 08, 2015 8:00 am

I believe both are ridiculously versatile vocalists (Spencer uses probably more different approaches than Rody) and both create and sing some of the most absurd melody lines I ever heard (check Protest the Hero's "Tapestry" and Periphery's "22 Faces" if you disagree) but I honestly prefer Rody due to his timbre. I haven't heard much live material from both singers though.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri May 08, 2015 11:01 am

Shikkaku wrote:I believe both are ridiculously versatile vocalists (Spencer uses probably more different approaches than Rody) and both create and sing some of the most absurd melody lines I ever heard (check Protest the Hero's "Tapestry" and Periphery's "22 Faces" if you disagree) but I honestly prefer Rody due to his timbre. I haven't heard much live material from both singers though.
Rody can be a bit spotty live, with him struggling with some of the higher belting (C# up), but overall he's really good live, though Spencer is probably more consistent.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Yeah

Post  FrickFrak on Sat May 09, 2015 6:01 am

I love both vocalists. Both are incredibly versatile and right insane vocal parts. Sponce writes more harmonies usually(which I'm a fan of greatly), although he knows where to have none or less as well. And Rody... it's Rody we're talking about here! Phenomenal vocalist whose style has hit the metal world hard. I also believe that Sponce has had a huge impact on the metal world as well when it comes to vocalists.

When it comes to singing live, I still love them both, I think Rody is more consistent and had more difficult parts though most of the time than what Sponce has, but that still doesn't mean that what Sponce has to sing is still incredibly difficult. Sponce will also change the parts he sings live sometimes so that he can be ready for the next hard vocal section, don't know if Rody does this as I've watched few live vids of him. Although right now Rody is the better live, Sponce is getting more and more consistent and I can't wait for the day where he can sing live almost like he does in studio.

Overall, Sponce is still my favorite vocalist and I view both him and Rody as vocal gods. They're probably my two biggest inspirations followed by many others. Sponce will always rank Numbero Uno in my book though. Wink

FrickFrak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  I hate this name on Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:41 am

I love both singers alot, but Rody's voice stands out to me more, both have improved a lot since their first releases, listen to Rody now and then him on The Calculated Use Of Sound, then compare Spencer now to P1. However, P1 and Kezia are both two of some of my favorite albums ever.
I hate this name

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top