Metalhead's singing thread

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Metalhead's singing thread

Post  ryugen2 on Sun May 24, 2015 11:44 am

Celice wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:
ryugen2 wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:http://vocaroo.com/i/s03ZJQSrNRez I got bored so I did a shitty cover of do you know the muffin man.

If you would have avoided the whistle and fry at the end, I would have also given you 5 stars.
I did that because I was bored and felt like doing something random. BTW I recorded that at 2 in the morning
0:25 reminds me of one of those singing fish when its batteries are almost exhausted.

5/5 stars

ryugen2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nieco on Sun May 24, 2015 12:21 pm

ryugen2 wrote:Huh? I'm not. I was talking about my neighbor.
LMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nieco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Parallax on Sun May 24, 2015 4:58 pm

you have a nice voice, you just have to sing more from your diaphragm and not your throat and have proper air support and youll have a beautiful liquid chocolate tenor voice my man. major props for posting it on a public forum tho, takes some balls.
Parallax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Sun May 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Parallax wrote:you have a nice voice, you just have to sing more from your diaphragm and not your throat and have proper air support and youll have a beautiful liquid chocolate tenor voice my man. major props for posting it on a public forum tho, takes some balls.
thank you. I do wanna start taking vocal lessons.
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Parallax on Sun May 24, 2015 5:05 pm

Metalhead123 wrote:
Parallax wrote:you have a nice voice, you just have to sing more from your diaphragm and not your throat and have proper air support and youll have a beautiful liquid chocolate tenor voice my man. major props for posting it on a public forum tho, takes some balls.

You dont even really have to take vocal lessons for basic shit or range expansion. join chorus class at your school. they teach basic good technique there (and hopefully some music theory too) and then, you just practice a lot and ignore when your brother yells at you for constantly trying to hit the fucking high note in eye of the tiger which i will fucking hit one day. i started as a poor 14-year-old tenor with no technique at all and now im a 16-year-old baritone who is at least decent. im not ready for the big leagues, but i dont suck. thats just from chorus class and practicing.

TL;DR take chorus and sing until you start pissing people around you off, and then keep singing.
Parallax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Sun May 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Parallax wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:

You dont even really have to take vocal lessons for basic shit or range expansion. join chorus class at your school. they teach basic good technique there (and hopefully some music theory too) and then, you just practice a lot and ignore when your brother yells at you for constantly trying to hit the fucking high note in eye of the tiger which i will fucking hit one day. i started as a poor 14-year-old tenor with no technique at all and now im a 16-year-old baritone who is at least decent. im not ready for the big leagues, but i dont suck. thats just from chorus class and practicing.

TL;DR take chorus and sing until you start pissing people around you off, and then keep singing.
I already piss my family off with my singing. I always do the scream from the beginning of Angel of Death by Slayer.
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Parallax on Sun May 24, 2015 5:11 pm

Metalhead123 wrote:
Parallax wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:

I already piss my family off with my singing. I always do the scream from the beginning of Angel of Death by Slayer.

Whenever i feel like annoying my brother i always unleash my most primal, horrible, overtone-ridden screech. its fucking hilarious. (btw, practicing singing will expand your range quite a bit. ive expanded my lows from G2 to Eb2, my chest highs from E4 to A4, and my falsetto from G5 to Bb5. Painkiller did wonders for me.)
Parallax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Sun May 24, 2015 5:14 pm

Parallax wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:
Parallax wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:

Whenever i feel like annoying my brother i always unleash my most primal, horrible, overtone-ridden screech. its fucking hilarious. (btw, practicing singing will expand your range quite a bit. ive expanded my lows from G2 to Eb2, my chest highs from E4 to A4, and my falsetto from G5 to Bb5. Painkiller did wonders for me.)
I have expanded my chest highs from G4 to C5 and my falsettos from B5 to D6? I dunno about that one because I screamed up to an E6 when I saw Stevie wonder also I can do a bunch of inhaled whistling shit but it's terribly unstable
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Parallax on Sun May 24, 2015 5:17 pm

Metalhead123 wrote:
Parallax wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:
Parallax wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:

I have expanded my chest highs from G4 to C5 and my falsettos from B5 to D6? I dunno about that one because I screamed up to an E6 when I saw Stevie wonder also I can do a bunch of inhaled whistling shit but it's terribly unstable

I have no idea how high i can go with reverse phonation because usually people regard that as cheating lol. Bb5 is the highest i can hit reliably but i can get up there depending on the last time i slept/was kicked in the testicles
Parallax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Sun May 24, 2015 5:20 pm

Parallax wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:
Parallax wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:
Parallax wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:

I have no idea how high i can go with reverse phonation because usually people regard that as cheating lol. Bb5 is the highest i can hit reliably but i can get up there depending on the last time i slept/was kicked in the testicles
My high falsettos used to be a lot more inconsistent. Some days I wouldn't be able to hit them. Nowadays I have a much easier time with falsettos, especially A5's
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Parallax on Sun May 24, 2015 5:23 pm

ive also been working on throat singing but its so fucking inconsistant. some days i can even fucking do it without sounding like someone learning what vocal fry is and then today i sustain a throaty G2 for 62 seconds. shits crazy. i just need to git gud. honestly, i really wish i could belt up in the fifth octave. id fucking LOVE to be a tenor. even the baritones in metal can belt fifth octave and at least Bb4 and im so fucking jelly
Parallax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Sun May 24, 2015 5:25 pm

Parallax wrote:ive also been working on throat singing but its so fucking inconsistant. some days i can even fucking do it without sounding like someone learning what vocal fry is and then today i sustain a throaty G2 for 62 seconds. shits crazy. i just need to git gud. honestly, i really wish i could belt up in the fifth octave. id fucking LOVE to be a tenor. even the baritones in metal can belt fifth octave and at least Bb4 and im so fucking jelly
I wish I could belt up to D5. my C5's aren't even that good. I have a very hard time sustaining them without voice cracks
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Parallax on Sun May 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Metalhead123 wrote:
Parallax wrote:ive also been working on throat singing but its so fucking inconsistant. some days i can even fucking do it without sounding like someone learning what vocal fry is and then today i sustain a throaty G2 for 62 seconds. shits crazy. i just need to git gud. honestly, i really wish i could belt up in the fifth octave. id fucking LOVE to be a tenor. even the baritones in metal can belt fifth octave and at least Bb4 and im so fucking jelly
I wish I could belt up to D5. my C5's aren't even that good. I have a very hard time sustaining them without voice cracks

Thats my relationship with anything above like G4 or G#4. im more of a low guy even though E2 is my limit.
Parallax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Sun May 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Parallax wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:

Thats my relationship with anything above like G4 or G#4. im more of a low guy even though E2 is my limit.
I also prefer singing low though I can barely sing a G2.
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Parallax on Sun May 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Metalhead123 wrote:
Parallax wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:

I think i hit Bb8 today when i broke my fucking toe on a god damn motherfucking brick laying in the middle of our back porch for some ungodly reason.
Parallax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Sun May 24, 2015 5:32 pm

Parallax wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:
Parallax wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:

I think i hit Bb8 today when i broke my fucking toe on a god damn motherfucking brick laying in the middle of our back porch for some ungodly reason.
Clap
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChillShaman on Sun May 24, 2015 10:53 pm

What's even happened to this site
ChillShaman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:43 am

http://vocaroo.com/i/s11YGP4LAktU Guess which queen song I am working on an acapella for? well at least the intro of It isn't done yet. Im taking a break from attempting to record it for now due to the fact that the B4's are getting harder to sing. Even when I sang it down a semi tone, it still sounded bad.
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorcerer on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:16 pm

Metalhead123 wrote:http://vocaroo.com/i/s11YGP4LAktU Guess which queen song I am working on an acapella for? well at least the intro of It isn't done yet. Im taking a break from attempting to record it for now due to the fact that the B4's are getting harder to sing. Even when I sang it down a semi tone, it still sounded bad.

Sing it down more semi-tones?

Sorcerer
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:50 am

Sorcerer wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:http://vocaroo.com/i/s11YGP4LAktU Guess which queen song I am working on an acapella for? well at least the intro of It isn't done yet. Im taking a break from attempting to record it for now due to the fact that the B4's are getting harder to sing. Even when I sang it down a semi tone, it still sounded bad.

Sing it down more semi-tones?
That was in the original key.
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:02 pm

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1dUJITR1AGG <--- Rock It (Prime Jive) intro. Here is the final version. At the end I scream with excitement because I finally got it. Please give me feedback on how I did?
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:21 pm

Metalhead123 wrote:http://vocaroo.com/i/s1dUJITR1AGG <--- Rock It (Prime Jive) intro.  Here is the final version. At the end I scream with excitement because I finally got it. Please give me feedback on how I did?
I just realized I fucked up the lyrics
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:04 pm

Don't worry too much about your voice type, my voice changed pretty early on so I'm a little more familiar with my own style. Just make sure you get the basic rights as your voice matures.
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:26 pm

Rebsedd wrote:Don't worry too much about your voice type, my voice changed pretty early on so I'm a little more familiar with my own style. Just make sure you get the basic rights as your voice matures.
was my singing good tho?
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:44 am

Metalhead123 wrote:
Rebsedd wrote:Don't worry too much about your voice type, my voice changed pretty early on so I'm a little more familiar with my own style. Just make sure you get the basic rights as your voice matures.
was my singing good tho?

That was great actually Shocked your technique seems a bit dangerous though, even though it sounded badass you may end up hurting your voice. Try to find a way to make it easier on yourself. Ever considered getting a singing teacher?
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top