Nieco's Singing Thread \o/

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nieco's Singing Thread \o/

Post  Nieco on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:47 am

sleepwalking-bmth (cover from this wild life cover)

i recorded mixed voice+guitar and then with help of audacity did another run with falsetto through the whole song
Nieco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:20 am

Nieco wrote:sleepwalking-bmth (cover from this wild life cover)

i recorded mixed voice+guitar and then with help of audacity did another run with falsetto through the whole song
Ooo I'd like to hear this... but where's the clip scratch
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nieco on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:23 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:

good point lol how did i forgot to post it
here it goes: https://soundcloud.com/nicollas-lopes-1/sleepwalking
Nieco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:07 am

Nieco wrote:

I gave a brief observation on the clip. I will say, your tone has improved since the first cover I heard from you. Your upper range is still strained though, and needs far more solidity.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nieco on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:47 am

Nieco wrote:

I gave a brief observation on the clip. I will say, your tone has improved since the first cover I heard from you. Your upper range is still strained though, and needs far more solidity.

ah yea upper range, i tend to think i wont be able to reach the note and well i dont, and if im playing the guitar i get less confidence on higher notes, thanks for ur time listening to it
Nieco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:56 am

Well one thing about singing, is confidence. I'm the biggest hypocrite to say this, but if you're not confidant in your singing, then it won't sound confidant. Singing is a bit psychological too, and being sure of your ability to sing a certain note or melody, can make a slight difference. Just relax, and remember that you're not singing in front of the world leaders, with their nukes aimed at your family in case you fuck up. Your just singing for freaks, twats, and assholes (and those occasional nice people), here on TRP. So just enjoy the singing, and don't be so apprehensive to sing the "big bad" C5.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nieco on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Just relax, and remember that you're not singing in front of the world leaders, with their nukes aimed at your family in case you fuck up.

haha nice way of looking it
Nieco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Well one thing about singing, is confidence. I'm the biggest hypocrite to say this, but if you're not confidant in your singing, then it won't sound confidant. Singing is a bit psychological too, and being sure of your ability to sing a certain note or melody, can make a slight difference. Just relax, and remember that you're not singing in front of the world leaders, with their nukes aimed at your family in case you fuck up. Your just singing for freaks, twats, and assholes (and those occasional nice people), here on TRP. So just enjoy the singing, and don't be so apprehensive to sing the "big bad" C5.

God bless this post.
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Rebsedd wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:Well one thing about singing, is confidence. I'm the biggest hypocrite to say this, but if you're not confidant in your singing, then it won't sound confidant. Singing is a bit psychological too, and being sure of your ability to sing a certain note or melody, can make a slight difference. Just relax, and remember that you're not singing in front of the world leaders, with their nukes aimed at your family in case you fuck up. Your just singing for freaks, twats, and assholes (and those occasional nice people), here on TRP. So just enjoy the singing, and don't be so apprehensive to sing the "big bad" C5.

God bless this post.
God bless USA
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nieco on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:37 am

https://soundcloud.com/nicollas-lopes-1/the-kill

the kill (acoustic)

well ive been trying to sing this song for a while, and whenever i tried to do it while playing the guitar it would suck, so i recorded stuff individually, and im really happy with the outcome, only things that were somewhat bad were getting my vocals on the exact time as the guitar and some of the high parts cuz ive yet to buy a microphone Razz

also my soundcloud 4hrs time is almost at its end so ill prolly upload 2-3 more songs there and start doing the vocals of non-acoustic songs
Nieco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:45 am

Nieco wrote:https://soundcloud.com/nicollas-lopes-1/the-kill

the kill (acoustic)

well ive been trying to sing this song for a while, and whenever i tried to do it while playing the guitar it would suck, so i recorded stuff individually, and im really happy with the outcome, only things that were somewhat bad were getting my vocals on the exact time as the guitar and some of the high parts cuz ive yet to buy a microphone Razz

also my soundcloud 4hrs time is almost at its end so ill prolly upload 2-3 more songs there and start doing the vocals of non-acoustic songs
The biggest issue, is still your upper-range Cringe. Though pitchy at times, your low range has a nice dense sound, but your upper range is still very shaky and or strained. When you got to the highest notes you also got way too loud. When you sing high, you don't want to be louder. Your singing volume should be completely level. Not a horrible cover, as you handled a lot of the higher melodies surprisingly decently, but there are a lot of moments in this cover that need work. If I had to rate it, i'd give it a 6/10; above average. Work on your upper range though, as it will improve the quality of your covers dramatically.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nieco on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:44 am

I took some hours off to search about mixed voice and it seems is that I'm using a pushed chest voice "get loud to get high" + using the swallowing muscles that cause the strain, instead of actually mixing head voice with chest voice. So how do you do it? Should I start bringing my head voice down so it mixes with my chest voice correctly and then I can learn the feeling and position of my throat? Got any tips for me? And thanks in advance, if weren't for your criticizing I wouldn't even bother with it and try to learn the proper way.
Nieco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:22 am

Nieco wrote:I took some hours off  to search about mixed voice and it seems is that I'm using a pushed chest voice "get loud to get high" + using the swallowing muscles that cause the strain, instead of actually mixing head voice with chest voice. So how do you do it? Should I start bringing my head voice down so it mixes with my chest voice correctly and then I can learn the feeling and position of my throat? Got any tips for me? And thanks in advance, if weren't for your criticizing I wouldn't even bother with it and try to learn the proper way.
Um, well the only good advice I could give is practice your scales! Wink Of course, training your head voice to blend with your chest voice smoothly and wholly up and down is a step in the right direction. I'm not going to write an essay on tips and tricks, because I'm no vocal master myself, but I'd say the main thing is training your volume to stay level. I also tell people to make a "moaning girl" sound as high as you can, while maintaing the feeling/resonance of chest. It will give you the basic feeling of a "mixed voice", and in turn help you apply that sound to a more pleasant melodic context. Nasal resonance is something that can be developed naturally over time, but it is important as well. The biggest thing is being able to sing this stuff in a more relaxed and easy nature, than trying to drag chest voice up. Hope that gives some help, as again I'm no sensei of singing
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nieco on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:34 am

i had 10 mins of soundcloud left, so i made 2 covers now i think i got time left for only one song... what should it be Razz
Way to fall by Starsailor
https://soundcloud.com/nicollas-lopes-1/way-to-fall

One more day Lydia
https://soundcloud.com/nicollas-lopes-1/one-more-day

Plus: me messing around finally (?) getting a decent C5
(i could prolly cover that once i get the handle of high notes Razz)
http://vocaroo.com/i/s08A3DVFGcvu
Nieco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WARNING CONTENT:DEMO

Post  Nieco on Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:48 am

okay so long story short, my house is under renovation and we've had had a lot of workers here for some days. Meanwhile i wrote a song, probably the 1st one that came out good, and now that my family went out for 30~ mins i finally had a chance to record it, I hadn't thought of the notes i was going to sing before since all i was think was chords and lyrics.

anyways here is the demo, nevermind the vocal they came outta tune cuz i had to come up with stuff while playing, as well as turning the page of my notebook with the lyrics, etc etc..., i just recorded it to get that feeling.

https://clyp.it/1p4tj5ti

well what did you guys think about it, no need to be nice Razz
Nieco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nieco on Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:12 am

another song, old lyrics that i thought wouldnt have any use with a easy but catchy 4 chords progression i came up in some mins
i recorded it while im still "cool" after a party that i had this night till 4am, i drank and smoked, didn't rest or ate well but i think it came out pretty decently for a demo

https://clyp.it/qwz4ncrf
Nieco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:48 am

Nieco wrote:another song, old lyrics that i thought wouldnt have any use with a easy but catchy 4 chords progression i came up in some mins
i recorded it while im still "cool" after a party that i had this night till 4am, i drank and smoked, didn't rest or ate well but i think it came out pretty decently for a demo

https://clyp.it/qwz4ncrf
That was neat. I'd say your voice sounded a little "forceful" at some parts (not strained, or bad), but I liked. it. I don't really have any criticism to offer lol
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top