Tank (R&B Singer)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tank (R&B Singer)

Post  Amadi Dante' on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:22 pm

Voice type: Velvet Baritone
Vocal range: G2-G♯5

Significant High Notes
G♯5 ("I Know the Lord Will Make A Way")
G5 ("Hope This Makes You Love Me", "Amazing")
F5 ("Slowly", "Hope This Makes You Love Me", "Amazing")
E5 ("I Hate U")
E♭5 ("All For You", "Who Dat")
C♯5 ("Next Breath, "Please Don't Go", "When", "Coldest", "I Hate You", "All For You", "Close", "Your One", "I Can't Get Down", "My Body", "Take It Wrong", "High")
C5 ("If You Dream", "My Heart", "Injured Reserve", "Sex Music", "Coldest", "Pleased Tonight", "You Mean That Much", "I Can't Get Down", "When, "Who Dat", "Close", "Foreplay", "Wedding Song")
B4 ("How I Feel (Intro)", "My Heart", "Thanking You", "Without You", "Injured Reserve", "Our House", My Body", "You Don't Know", "You're My Star", "End of Time (cover)", "Almost Done", "I Can't Get Down", "If You Dream", "Fix Me", "I Love Them Girls", "Cake & Ice Cream", "Off Your Hands", "Coldest", "Wedding Song", "Heartbreaker", "All For You", "I Hate U")
B♭4 ("Unpredictable", "Pleased Tonight", "Stronger", "Maybe I Deserve", "OMG", "Wanted", "When", "Sex Music", "You're My Star", "Next Breath", "I Love You", "Close", "Scream", "If That's What It Takes", "Can I", "My Body", "Coldest", "You Mean That Much", "Who Dat")
A4 ("Next Breath", "I Love You", "Slowly", "Heartbreaker", "I'm The Reason", "Treat Yourself", "I Love Them Girls", "Scream", "One Man", "How I Feel", "Nobody Better", "Personal Assistant", "Sex Music")
G♯4 ("Can I", "My Freak", "How I Feel (Intro)", "Cake & Ice Cream", "Fix Me", "Emergency", "I Can't Get Down", "When", Next Breath, "Coldest", "My Body", "Take My Time", "Kill For You")
G4 ("You Mean That Much", "Coldest", "If You Were Mine", "I Can't Get Down", "How I Feel (Intro)" "Who Dat", "Slowly", "Off Your Hands")
F♯4 ("High", "Compliments", "Please Don't Go", "Treat Yourself", "Who Dat", "Personal Assistant", "Make Up Sex", "Injured Reserve", "Next Breath", "I Can't Get Down", "I Love You", "End of Time (cover)", "Little Lady On My Block", "Can I", "Cake & Ice Cream", "You Don't Know")

Significant Low Notes
C3 ("I Love You", "Cake & Ice Cream")
B♭2 ("If That's What It Takes", "Please Don't Go")
G♯2 ("When")
G2 ("Stronger")[/b]

Last edited by Amadi Dante' on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:55 pm; edited 5 times in total
Amadi Dante'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tank (R&B Singer)

Post  Karma's animus on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:25 am

hey! I've just seen this topic man 'cause I was going to do the same one with Tank
Don't you think he's more of a heavier tenor? His tessitura is very high for a baritone, and he can hit easy C5s and C♯5s and E5 in "I hate you", as you noticed!
Karma's animus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amadi Dante' on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:48 am

freedom-animus wrote:hey! I've just seen this topic man 'cause I was going to do the same one with Tank
Don't you think he's more of a heavier tenor? His tessitura is very high for a baritone, and he can hit easy C5s and C♯5s and E5 in "I hate you", as you noticed!
Yeah kinda but he doesn't sing the same live as he does on recordings. In a lot of his studio songs, he comes off as a heavy tenor with the back to back B4's and C5's but when he's live he uses a lot of falsetto and lacks the power that you hear on records like he's a baritone.
Amadi Dante'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:54 am

freedom-animus wrote:hey! I've just seen this topic man 'cause I was going to do the same one with Tank
Singing high doesn't make you a tenor. Chirs Cornell, Axl Rose, Ville Valo, etc, etc. I'd say he's one of those go either way voices
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amadi Dante' on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:56 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Singing high doesn't make you a tenor. Chirs Cornell, Axl Rose, Ville Valo, etc, etc. I'd say he's one of those go either way voices
I'd agree with this. Sometimes he comes off as a tenor and other times like a baritone.
Amadi Dante'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma's animus on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:47 am

Okok I got it ahaha
Well I still have a hard time recognising voices, since I thought Axl was a tenor (even his low-bassy speaking voice seems quite low tenorish to me) but I agree you're right Smile
but how can you tell the difference? ahaha
Karma's animus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:51 am

freedom-animus wrote:Okok I got it ahaha
Well I still have a hard time recognising voices, since I thought Axl was a tenor (even his low-bassy speaking voice seems quite low tenorish to me) but I agree you're right Smile
but how can you tell the difference? ahaha
Well, the voice is so flexible that telling the difference is quite hard. There are plenty of factors that contribute to somebody's voicr type, and even then it's not 100%. Even in a classical setting, an operatic baritone, may be a pop-tenor. I'd say voice type isn't too important unless a singer is a balls free tenor or a super deep bass. Most men are high-baritones and low-tenors as well, and those voice types are interchangeable, usually depending on where a singer seems more comfortable, as well as their low range's strength.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma's animus on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:57 am

Yeah I believe you got the point Smile
Thanks for the explanation!
Karma's animus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content