Johnny Cook

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Voice type: High tenor
Sung range: B2-G♯5
Total range: G2-G♯5

Significant high notes:

G♯5 ("Here They Come")
G5 ("Here They Come")
F♯5 ("Canaan's Land", "That's Worth Everything")
F5 ("On Silver Wings", "House of Gold", "At the Cross", "Meet Me On The Other Side ", "Looking for a City")
E5 ("Amazing Grace", "O' What a Savior", "That's a Worth Everything", "A Day Like Any Day", "Now is the Time", "Here They Come")
E♭5 ("The Lord's Prayer", "It Wouldn't Be Enough", "Ain't No Grave", "I Got Faith")
D5 ("I Must Tell Jesus", ""While I'm Here", "Touch Me One More Time", "Until You've Known")
C♯5 ("The Eastern Gate", "He Promised to Hold My Hand", "Now is the Time", "On the Other Side of This Valley")
C5 ("Sweet, Sweet Spirit", "Ain't No Grave", "Now Is the Time", "Suddenly I Knew Him", "Sweet Home of the Soul", "I'm Going on Home", "My Heart is Still Rejoicing")

Significant low notes:

G2 ("Now is the Time")
B2 ("Suddenly I Knew Him")
C♯3 ("At the Cross", "House of Gold")
F3 ("Until You've Known")

*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Back to top Go down

Re: Johnny Cook

Post  Bdub1177 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:04 pm

He's not a countertenor he doesn't use falsetto:( he's a high tenor!
Bdub1177

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:28 pm

Abacus asked me to title all the 'high tenors' as 'countertenors'. I don't personally agree with that, as I also consider a 'countertenor' somebody who exclusively sings with a super-bright, extremely exercised falsetto, kind of like Vitas, but whatever.
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Countertenor... Huh?

Post  tyreque2 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:45 pm

I read something about countertenors... Countertenors, by italian definitions, are those men who are able to sing up to E5 in natural head voice. And i don't think he uses head voice offen at all. He might honestly be higher than a counter tenor.

tyreque2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChillShaman on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:16 pm

tyreque2 wrote:I read something about countertenors... Countertenors, by italian definitions, are those men who are able to sing up to E5 in natural head voice. And i don't think he uses head voice offen at all. He might honestly be higher than a counter tenor.

You read it somewhere, meaning it must be true.
ChillShaman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toyman Cometh on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:04 pm

tyreque2 wrote:I read something about countertenors... Countertenors, by italian definitions, are those men who are able to sing up to E5 in natural head voice. And i don't think he uses head voice offen at all. He might honestly be higher than a counter tenor.

That's aiming more towards a leggiero tenor. A countertenor is a male who mimics a female voice type by using falsetto. -Abraham Jenkins 12th president of the Eagles fronted by Jimmy Paige and Slash.
The Toyman Cometh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top