Thread Of Leonard Cohen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thread Of Leonard Cohen

Post  Leonard_Cohen on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:50 am

Hello I made this song with my friend. He's some kinda baritone. He sings in the verses and I do the chorus and outro and falsetto wailing stuff.

http://picosong.com/2anF/ edit: http://picosong.com/2aq2/

Whatcha think? I know it needs some work, and were gonna give it some. But we could use some pointers at this point.

Also how is my singing? I live 6 hours from him so I just recorded my singing with my iphone and sent it to him.

Last edited by Leonard_Cohen on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Leonard_Cohen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread Of Leonard Cohen

Post  The Great Heroins on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:56 am

Kinda sloppy diction from your friend but I like your voice a lot.  The music was pretty solid as well, who is doing the playing?  Were you wearing lipstick while singing this?

edit: you really have an awesome voice honestly, your heavier line you sing has a great original feel to it. Almost reminds me of ANDREW VANWYNGARDEN!?!?!? like this song here that I linked yah before: You kinda remind me of a bit more powerful bluesy version of this kinda style. Keep up tha good work soul bro.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonard_Cohen on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:03 am

thanks, my buddy struggles a bit with diction, he has a natural slur to his voice, which I think is actually an asset, but maybe he needs to get it under control a bit more, I don't play shit on the song, he's done all the instrumental stuff

you're totally spot on about the bluesyness btw, what we were trying to do is basically bluesrock with postpunk influences, we both been listening to a lotta blues these last 2 years

edit: I like that tmnt song
Leonard_Cohen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:41 am

Leonard_Cohen wrote:thanks, my buddy struggles a bit with diction, he has a natural slur to his voice, which I think is actually an asset, but maybe he needs to get it under control a bit more, I don't play shit on the song, he's done all the instrumental stuff

you're totally spot on about the bluesyness btw, what we were trying to do is basically bluesrock with postpunk influences, we both been listening to a lotta blues these last 2 years

edit: I like that tmnt song

tEENAGE MUTANT nINJA turtles haha. Yeah, his voice was not always too sloppy diction wise, and his tone is actually quite nice. Definitely a good baritone voice. Keep posting stuff and keep working some new songs up.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top