Kelly Sundown Carpenter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kelly Sundown Carpenter

Post  Zedd Squared on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:49 am

Voice type: Warcry Tenor
Vocal range: C2-G♯5

High notes:

• G♯5 ("Polar", "Raise Hell", "Shadow Self")
  • F♯5 ("I Thanatos", "Shadow Self", "The Path of Darkness", "Violent Vertigo", "Warcry")
  • F5 ("I Bleed", "I Thanatos", "Polar", "Raise Hell", "Riders", "Sleeping Beauty", "The Grey Tide", "The Never", "Violent Vertigo", "Warcry")
  • E5 ("City of the Dead", "Section X", "Sleeping Beauty")
  • E♭5 ("City of the Dead", "I Thanatos", "Outworld", "Riders", "The Never", "The Path of Darkness")
  • D5 ("City of the Dead", "Ecstasy Arise", "I Bleed", "I Thanatos", "Riders", "Sleeping Beauty", "The Dark Side", "The Never", "Violent Vertigo")
  • C♯5 ("City of the Dead", "Outworld", "Polar", "Raise Hell", "Shadow Self", "The Grey Tide", "The Never", "The Path of Darkness", "Violent Vertigo")
  • C5 ("Ecstasy Arise", "I Thanatos", "Outworld", "Polar", "Riders", "Section X", "The Grey Tide", "The Path of Darkness", "Warcry")
  • B4 ("City of the Dead", "Section X", "Shadow Self", "Sleeping Beauty", "The Never")
  • B♭4 ("City of the Dead", "I Bleed", "Outworld", "Raise Hell", "Riders", "The Grey Tide", "The Never")

Low notes:

• F♯3 ("Polar", "Shadow Self")
  • F3 ("Ecstasy Arise", "Outworld")
  • E3 ("Section X", "Sleeping Beauty", "The Grey Tide")
  • E♭3 ("Outworld", "Riders")
  • D3 ("Section X", "Sleeping Beauty")
  • C3 ("Sleeping Beauty", "The Grey Tide")
  • B♭2 ("The Path of Darkness")
  • G♯2 ("The Dark Side")
  • F♯2 ("Section X")
  • C2 ("Violent Vertigo")

A high note superhero most known for his work with the progressive metal bands Outworld and Beyond Twilight. Kelly's wide vibrato, powerful rasp, insane high note control, and passionate delivery make him one of the most exciting clean metal singers of the 2000s. His naturally high placement leads to him sounding like he's reaching fairly low in his range in the lower 3rd octave, but he nonetheless was able to show a surprising amount of tonal and phrasing diversity on some of his work. Especially with Beyond Twilight.
*Underlined notes are found in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Last edited by Zedd Squared on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Sundown Carpenter

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Probably my 2nd favorite Carpenter; Karen is still the best.
KeithMoonIsGod
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  colin040 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:26 pm

Amazing vocalist. From what I've heard I find him to be at his best on Outworld's s/t album. Can't say I really dig much of the material he has sung on though. Still, one of the best metal singers of ''recent'' years.
colin040

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top