RagingSteel's thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RagingSteel's thread

Post  RagingSteel on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:07 am

Here is the second part of The Bard's song, I had no idea it was going to be a full cover. Just wanted to practice this technique. Please listen to it with headphones.

http://picosong.com/2eKH/

RagingSteel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RagingSteel's thread

Post  Aníbal on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:00 pm

the screams were REALLY strained man Rolling Eyes
you have to practice a lot you're pushing your throat, it's not my kind of music but i've seen a lot of metal-head guys that singing this without problems.

if you continue doing this everyday you're gonna lose your voice... seriously
Aníbal

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/anibal-m-sica

Back to top Go down

Post  RevDrucifer on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:52 am

Aníbal wrote:the screams were REALLY strained man Rolling Eyes
if you continue doing this everyday you're gonna lose your voice... seriously

A doctor told Devin Townsend the same thing in 1993.

As for the 'scream's, there's definitely a bit of tension there that's going to cause more fatigue than support. The tone is great, but I get the idea that you're pushing more from your chest area than the diaphragm. When you go up for those higher, grittier notes, try to drop your support down in your gut while keeping that tension in the soft palate area (Where you feel the rasp coming from). Once you get the hang of it, you realize that with the proper support/placement, you can really push those raspy notes as far as you can go and they won't crap out.

For the longest time I was concerned with just support, if I was pushing too much or not enough....and then I worried about tonal stuff and how my mouth was shaped or getting the fry technique down to get that rasp. Mixing those two together is a constant balancing act, but once you do, that's where the freedom comes in.
RevDrucifer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RagingSteel on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:35 am

I am actually thankful for your advice, managed to take a lot of tension away from my voice when I finally faced the problem. It probably appeared in the first place because I tried to be too loud to make up for the bad quality of my microphone, it's unable to not fuck up anything that isn't screamed into it. Still can't afford a better one.

So here's a part of a song:
http://picosong.com/VTZM/

RagingSteel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top