Adam Lambert

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adam Lambert

Post  theellafan on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:47 am



Vocal range: E2-B5
Voice type: Tenor

Significant high notes:
B5 ("Aftermath" acoustic remix)
B♭5 ("Play That Funky Music" American Idol live version)
A5 ("Black Dog" The Zodiac Show live version, "Crawl Through the Fire" The Zodiac Show live version, "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" American Idol Top 36 Results live version, "Play That Funky Music")
G♯5 ("20th Century Boy" Glam Nation Live live version, "Aftermath", "How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore?" Upright Cabaret live version, "Rockstar", "Sure Fire Winners", "You Can't Win" Upright Cabaret live version)
G5 ("Black or White", "Born to Be Wild", "Can't Let You Go", "Crawl Through the Fire" The Zodiac Show live version, "Heaven on Their Minds" live version, "I Believe in a Thing Called Love", "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" American Idol Top 36 Results live version, "If I Can't Have You", "Music Again", "Play That Funky Music", "Sleepwalker" The Jay Leno Show live version)
F♯5 ("20th Century Boy" Glam Nation Live live version, "For Your Entertainment", "Love Wins Over Glamour", "Whataya Want from Me")
F5 ("20th Century Boy" Glam Nation Live live version, "Can't Let You Go", "Crazy" Art 4 Life Benefit live version, "Feeling Good", "Fever", "How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore?" Upright Cabaret live version, "Pop That Lock", "Quiet Desperation", "Runnin'", "You Can't Win" Upright Cabaret live version)
E5 ("Aftermath", "Crawl Through the Fire" The Zodiac Show live version, "Fever", "I Believe in a Thing Called Love", "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" American Idol Top 36 Results live version, "Play That Funky Music", "Sleepwalker" The Jay Leno Show live version)
E♭5 ("For Your Entertainment", "Love Wins Over Glamour", "Pop That Lock", "Rockstar", "Sure Fire Winners")
D5 ("Born to Be Wild", "Can't Let You Go", "Feeling Good", "Fever", "Heaven on Their Minds" live version, "Play That Funky Music", "Quiet Desperation", "Runnin'", "Whataya Want from Me")
C♯5 ("20th Century Boy" Glam Nation Live live version, "Aftermath", "Black or White", "Chokehold", "How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore?" Upright Cabaret live version, "Shady")
C5 ("Crawl Through the Fire", "I Believe in a Thing Called Love", "If I Can't Have You", "Pop That Lock", "Sleepwalker")
B4 ("Black or White", "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" American Idol Top 36 Results live version, "Play That Funky Music", "Sure Fire Winners", "Whataya Want from Me")

Significant low notes:
D3 ("Feeling Good", "Heaven on Their Minds" live version, "Play That Funky Music", "Runnin'")
C♯3 ("Aftermath", "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" American Idol Top 36 Results live version)
C3 ("Fever", "Pop That Lock", "Quiet Desperation", "Runnin'", "Sleepwalker")
B2 ("Chokehold", "Nirvana")
B♭2 ("Love Wins Over Glamour", "Shady")
A2 ("Runnin'")
E2 ("You're The One That I Want")


Last edited by theellafan on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:17 pm; edited 8 times in total

theellafan

Posts : 72
Join date : 2014-11-16
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  Ryugen on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:56 am

It's hard to make out all his facial features with that picture. Maybe find another one?
avatar
Ryugen
Banned

Posts : 433
Join date : 2014-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  wonka on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:57 am

"Music again" is in blue. What does it mean? I don't see explanation at the botton

wonka

Posts : 605
Join date : 2013-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  Hopscotch on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:17 am


E2 at 0:26
avatar
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

Posts : 6789
Join date : 2012-11-29
Location : ChiCAHgo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  Metalhead123 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:20 am

Wasn't there already an Adam Lambert thread?
avatar
Metalhead123

Posts : 1664
Join date : 2014-11-18
Age : 17
Location : The Discord Chat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:39 am

Ryugen wrote:It's hard to make out all his facial features with that picture. Maybe find another one?
What is it with this forums weird obsession with the OP pics.

JaredLetoIsBack

Posts : 669
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:40 am

Weird that you haven't gone through all the Idol performances btw. F5s in Ring of Fire for example.

JaredLetoIsBack

Posts : 669
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  Ryugen on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:42 am

JaredLetoIsBack wrote:Weird that you haven't gone through all the Idol performances btw. F5s in Ring of Fire for example.

There's like 1-2 hours of performances to sift through in his idol performances. I think she did a great job.
avatar
Ryugen
Banned

Posts : 433
Join date : 2014-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:30 pm

Ryugen wrote:
JaredLetoIsBack wrote:Weird that you haven't gone through all the Idol performances btw. F5s in Ring of Fire for example.

There's like 1-2 hours of performances to sift through in his idol performances. I think she did a great job.
uh no, there's like an albums worth and most of the songs are shortened.

JaredLetoIsBack

Posts : 669
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  Ryugen on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cj1zZ83Cvk

There are 19 songs there around 3 minutes each. That's like an hour...
avatar
Ryugen
Banned

Posts : 433
Join date : 2014-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:42 am

Ryugen wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cj1zZ83Cvk

There are 19 songs there around 3 minutes each. That's like an hour...
Oh sorry I didn't realise you had to watch the entire show to hear the songs.

And they're not around 3 minutes each. In case you didn't know, they shorten songs on American Idol because they start out with over 10 contestants per show. Most of the songs are around 2 minutes long, and when you say 19 you're counting his like 20 second performance of Bohemian Rhapsody, and performances he did twice like Mad World.

Now please sit down.

JaredLetoIsBack

Posts : 669
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  theellafan on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:33 am

He has a lot of recordings! I tried to listen to a mix of Glee/CD's/American Idol/Queen + Adam Lambert, but I just listened to some more from American Idol so you can relax now JaredLetoIsBack. Razz

theellafan

Posts : 72
Join date : 2014-11-16
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  The Winter Soldier on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:15 am

Why do you have all of his live performances so damn tiny, and finally those shit notes below A2 are gone! But I would add that E2 in "You're The One That I Want". It's actually a pretty good note on Adam's part.
avatar
The Winter Soldier

Posts : 515
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 18
Location : Baltimore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  Ryugen on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:34 am

JaredLetoIsBack wrote:
Ryugen wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cj1zZ83Cvk

There are 19 songs there around 3 minutes each. That's like an hour...
Oh sorry I didn't realise you had to watch the entire show to hear the songs.

And they're not around 3 minutes each. In case you didn't know, they shorten songs on American Idol because they start out with over 10 contestants per show. Most of the songs are around 2 minutes long, and when you say 19 you're counting his like 20 second performance of Bohemian Rhapsody, and performances he did twice like Mad World.

Now please sit down.

Doing a song twice counts as two separate performances... and even if you say 2.5 minutes * 19 you get 48 minutes. Plus you have to take the time to find all the songs if you want to do them all separately one at a time. You act like it's super easy to NOTE WATCH, not just listen to all the songs.
avatar
Ryugen
Banned

Posts : 433
Join date : 2014-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:31 am

Exactly, it's an albums worth of songs, just like I said. And considering it's the period where most of his highs are from, it's weird that the OP hasn't checked them. And that's all I said.

And yes, listening for significant notes in music is easy as hell.

Edit: and why has the thread been updated but the E2 is still missing?

JaredLetoIsBack

Posts : 669
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  wonka on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:45 am

I heard the E2 but it's rather a spoken note, perhaps she wants to make the distinction


Last edited by wonka on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total

wonka

Posts : 605
Join date : 2013-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  Hopscotch on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:45 am

JaredLetoIsBack wrote:
Ryugen wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cj1zZ83Cvk

There are 19 songs there around 3 minutes each. That's like an hour...
Oh sorry I didn't realise you had to watch the entire show to hear the songs.

And they're not around 3 minutes each. In case you didn't know, they shorten songs on American Idol because they start out with over 10 contestants per show. Most of the songs are around 2 minutes long, and when you say 19 you're counting his like 20 second performance of Bohemian Rhapsody, and performances he did twice like Mad World.

Now please sit down.
I've missed you.
avatar
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

Posts : 6789
Join date : 2012-11-29
Location : ChiCAHgo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  The Winter Soldier on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:42 am

JaredLetoIsBack wrote:Edit: and why has the thread been updated but the E2 is still missing?
Because she obviously feels that the E2 isn't worth listing on the thread. She probably just doesn't think it's melodic enough or just unimpressive.
avatar
The Winter Soldier

Posts : 515
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 18
Location : Baltimore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  Hopscotch on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:24 pm

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:
JaredLetoIsBack wrote:Edit: and why has the thread been updated but the E2 is still missing?
Because she obviously feels that the E2 isn't worth listing on the thread. She probably just doesn't think it's melodic enough or just unimpressive.
Maybe she should actually provide us with an answer herself, rather than leaving other people to speculate about her motives.
avatar
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

Posts : 6789
Join date : 2012-11-29
Location : ChiCAHgo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  The Winter Soldier on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:05 pm

Wanderlust wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:
JaredLetoIsBack wrote:Edit: and why has the thread been updated but the E2 is still missing?
Because she obviously feels that the E2 isn't worth listing on the thread. She probably just doesn't think it's melodic enough or just unimpressive.
Maybe she should actually provide us with an answer herself, rather than leaving other people to speculate about her motives.
He does have a very good point.
avatar
The Winter Soldier

Posts : 515
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 18
Location : Baltimore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  The Great Heroins on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:13 pm

JaredLetoIsBack wrote:
Ryugen wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cj1zZ83Cvk

There are 19 songs there around 3 minutes each. That's like an hour...
Oh sorry I didn't realise you had to watch the entire show to hear the songs.

And they're not around 3 minutes each. In case you didn't know, they shorten songs on American Idol because they start out with over 10 contestants per show. Most of the songs are around 2 minutes long, and when you say 19 you're counting his like 20 second performance of Bohemian Rhapsody, and performances he did twice like Mad World.

Now please sit down.

Guess I won't be needing to look at any porn today after all.
avatar
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

Posts : 2608
Join date : 2013-12-30
Age : 21
Location : LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  Hopscotch on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:37 am

So about that E2...
avatar
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

Posts : 6789
Join date : 2012-11-29
Location : ChiCAHgo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  theellafan on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 pm

I'm sorry, I thought you were kidding! Embarassed I've never seen anyone consider pitch in recitative for pop music before...but I know that style is common. In this case, I think the delivery of the lowest pitch is frail & unclear. Based on that clip alone I wouldn't say E2 is within his vocal range, in my opinion. ☺

theellafan

Posts : 72
Join date : 2014-11-16
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  Celice on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Crikey, we've got a fierce range destroyour on our hands here!
avatar
Celice
Moderator

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2012-08-27
Location : Probably in bed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  Hopscotch on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:21 pm

Yeah, I'm just gonna stick around and wait for Sippe to take her down for this one.
avatar
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

Posts : 6789
Join date : 2012-11-29
Location : ChiCAHgo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum