Voice Type: Baritone(?)
Total Range: D2 - C6

Significant high notes:

C6 ("Beach Side Property")
A5 ("Beach Side Property", "Invisible")
G5 ("Beach Side Property", "Bukowski")
E5 ("Bury Me With It")
D5 ("Ocean Breathes Salty")
C♯5 ("Float On", "Bury Me With It", "Steam Engenius", "Invisible")
C5 ("Ocean Breathes Salty", "The Good Times Are Killing Me", "Fly Trapped in a Jar")
B4 ("Breakthrough", "She Ionizes and Atomizes", "Head South", "Talking Shit About A Pretty Sunset", "Convenient Parking")
B♭4 ("Lounge", "Beach Side Property", "She Ionizes and Atomizes", "Tundra/Desert", "Shit Luck", "A Different City", "What People Are Made Of", "The Devil's Workday")
A4 ("Breakthrough", "She Ionizes and Atomizes", "Head South", "Tundra/Desert", "Exit/Does Not Exist", "Teeth Like God's Shoeshine", "Convenient Parking", "Lounge (Closing Time)", "Shit Luck", "Polar Opposites", "Alone Down There", "The Stars Are Projectors", "I Came As A Rat", "What People Are Made Of", "Bury Me With It", "Satin in a Coffin", "The Good Times Are Killing Me", "March Into The Sea", "Dashboard", "Fly Trapped In A Jar", "Education", "Invisible")
G♯4 ("Might", "Beach Side Property", "Dog Paddle", "Talking Shit About a Pretty Sunset", "Teeth Like God's Shoeshine", "Convenient Parking" "Cowboy Dan", "Shit Luck", "Trucker's Atlas", "Tiny Cities Made of Ashes", "A Different City", "Bukowski")

Significant low notes:

B2 ("Breakthrough", "Ohio", "The Cold Part", "The Stars Are Projectors", "Lives", "Ocean Breathes Salty", "March Into The Sea", "Florida", "Missed the Boat", "People As Places As People")
B♭2 ("Tundra/Desert", "The World At Large")
A2 ("Breakthrough", "Ohio", "Cowboy Dan", "Paper Thin Walls", "I Came As A Rat", "Parting of the Sensory", "Spitting Venom")
G♯2 ("Bukowski", "The Devil's Workday")
G2 ("Breakthrough", "Beach Side Property", "Tundra/Desert", "Ohio", "Make Everyone Happy/Mechanical Birds", "Trailer Trash", "Out of Gas", "Lives", "Life Like Weeds", "Dance Hall", "Bukowski", "The Devil's Workday", "Education", "Little Motel")
F♯2 ( "Breakthrough", "Tundra/Desert", "Teeth Like God's Shoeshine", "Tiny Cities Made of Ashes", "Alone Down There", "Missed the Boat", "Invisible")
F2 ("Lounge (Closing Time)")
E2 ("Tiny Cities Made of Ashes", "The View", "Blame It on the Tetons")
E♭2 ("Bukowski")
D2 ("Dig Your Grave", "Blame It on the Tetons")

*Underlined notes are found in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Lead singer/guitarist of Modest Mouse, so far I've just notechecked all four MM studio albums. Not too sure about the voice type though, he has a pretty tenorish tone at times, especially on their earlier albums.
eggwitch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Isaac Brock (Modest Mouse)

Post  Nick Drake on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:01 pm

If you're uncertain about his voice type, it's best to ignore it to avoid debate. Great thread btw.

Nick Drake
Banned By Request

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadren on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Looks like a Tenor with a good Low Range imho. Dance
Hadren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztdoHfbTRsk
Bb2-F#2-G2-Eb2 on the low harmonies of the "We're all goin'" part of the chorus

Might I say this is a fucking great thread for someone who's only posted in the forum ONCE. Most once-posters just post something in broken english with 2 incorrect 7th octave notes then vanish into the night like an angel's kiss
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top