Chester See

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chester See

Post  AcapellaBass on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:16 am

Voice Type: Chester Knows He's Tenor
Sung Range: G2 - F5
Total Range: C#2 - D6

About Chester Lionel See:
Chester See is a YouTube singer, though he is also involved with programs on television. He has an awesome, clean and sometimes deep tenor voice.
He can put a raw edge on his voice, which he uses perfectly when the song asks for it.

High Notes:
F5: "Do You Love Me"
E5: "Stay With Me", "Do You Love Me"
D5: "Set Fire To The Rain"
C♯5: "Whistle While I Work It"
C5: "Do You Love Me", "Reverse", "Set Fire To The Rain", "Baby Got Back"
B4: "Stay With Me", "Beneath Your Beautiful", "We Can't Stop", "Daylight", "Falling Slowly"
B♭4: "All of Me", "Madness", "Somebody That I Used To Know", "Rumour Has It", "Roar", "Wicked", "2012"
A4: "Sail", "Shake It Off", "Photograph", "Set Fire To The Rain", "Say Something", "Beneath Your Beautiful", "Come And Get It", "Falling Slowly", "One More Night", "Baby Got Back"
G♯4: "All of Me", "Photograph", "Close Your Eyes With Me", "Bromance", "Where Are You Now", "Reverse", "Hooked on a Feeling", "Who Am I to Stand in Your Way", "You're Not the One", "Story of My Life", "Whistle While I Work It", "We Can't Stop"
G4: "Bromance", "Stay With Me", "Keep Waiting", "Wrecking Ball", "Beneath Your Beautiful", "Wicked", "2012", "(Kissed You) Good Night", "Feel So Close", "This I Promise You", "Baby Got Back", "Nice Guys"

Low Notes:
C♯3: "Close Your Eyes With Me", "Where Are You Now", "My Love Remains", "Whistle While I Work It", "Radioactive"
C3: "Rumour Has It", "Set Fire To The Rain", "Lullaby", "Wrecking Ball", "Wicked", "(Kissed You) Good Night", "This I Promise You"
B2: "Photograph", "Daylight"
B♭2: "Daylight"
A2: "Beneath Your Beautiful", "Just Give Me A Reason", "Falling Slowly"
G2: "Lullaby", "Stay"

Other Notes:
D6: "Bromance"
C♯2: "Boy Talk with Childhood Bestie"

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................
The C♯2 and D6 are in the list, because I like to show that he has a broader range than one might think, and because the C♯2 (both notes, actually) is strong, even though it's spoken.
Italics indicates non-sung notes
Blue indicates probable falsetto notes

Some of his best songs:
Spoiler:
Madness, originaly by Muse.
[/i]

Do You Love Me.

Last edited by AcapellaBass on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:39 pm; edited 30 times in total

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chester See

Post  bradphone on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:27 am

A baritone?..
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:53 am

Yeah, I was always under the assumption that he was a baritone, but that might have been from his speaking voice.
Maybe my view is that tenors sound higher. But alright, tenor then?

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:03 am

AcapellaBass wrote:Yeah, I was always under the assumption that he was a baritone, but that might have been from his speaking voice.

Tenors can sound rich and deep as well, i'm that kind of tenor Wink We used to call it a "Low Tenor" "Back in the day" but now just "Tenor" is allright.

Rich/deep lows, baritone tessitura, clean/resonant highs.
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:07 am

bradphone wrote:Tenors can sound rich and deep as well, i'm that kind of tenor  Wink  We used to call it a "Low Tenor" "Back in the day" but now just "Tenor" is allright.

There's no way to deny that haha. Changed it to tenor.
If you might want to help with notewatching, that would be appreciated (I'm going to notewatch "full time" in a couple of days) Smile

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:15 am

The picture you put on the OP is 11.2 MB. That could be a problem for people with slower internet connection
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryugen on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:18 am

bradphone wrote:
AcapellaBass wrote:Yeah, I was always under the assumption that he was a baritone, but that might have been from his speaking voice.

Tenors can sound rich and deep as well, i'm that kind of tenor  Wink  We used to call it a "Low Tenor" "Back in the day" but now just "Tenor" is allright.

I still think you're a really high baritone, lol.
Ryugen
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:45 am

Prometheus wrote:The picture you put on the OP is 11.2 MB. That could be a problem for people with slower internet connection
Changed it, is this one better?

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:52 am

Ryugen wrote:
bradphone wrote:

Tenors can sound rich and deep as well, i'm that kind of tenor  Wink  We used to call it a "Low Tenor" "Back in the day" but now just "Tenor" is allright.

Why? Confused
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:59 am

Changed it, is this one better?
Much better
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryugen on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:11 am

bradphone wrote:
Ryugen wrote:
bradphone wrote:

Why? Confused

You sound better when you sing in a baritone range, your voice is really thick and rich, you have really deep lows, your voice sounds better lower. I wouldn't call you a regular baritone though. Decently High Baritones normally sing up to B4 and C5 or even higher with good technique. Most low tenors don't have nearly as good of a low range as yours. I'm a low lyric tenor(According to Ken Tamplin) but I barely am audible below B2/A2...

I see that you put up another post asking if you are a Baritenor. If you sang musical theater and you were able to make your high notes a bit cleaner, you would probably classify yourself as "Baritenor" because your range covers both Baritone and Tenor and your tessitura is higher than most Baritones. Your voice isn't light enough to do regular tenor roles. I also hear your passaggio around B4/C4 and E4/F4. You put a lot of pressure when you sing to artificially raise it, which gives you even more of a "Tenorish" sound. That's that squeezed off tone you get sometime. That passaggio range is that High Baritone/Baritenor/Low Tenor range. You do sing pretty dang high though, which can cause confusion, but any voice type can sing high with training.

THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION OF COURSE. Ken Tamplin gave you the same opinion. Ken Tamplin sings even higher than you and has a similar tone when he sings high. He is also a BARITONE.
Ryugen
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:53 pm

Ryugen wrote:
bradphone wrote:
Ryugen wrote:
bradphone wrote:

Why? Confused

You sound better when you sing in a baritone range, your voice is really thick and rich, you have really deep lows, your voice sounds better lower. I wouldn't call you a regular baritone though. Decently High Baritones normally sing up to B4 and C5 or even higher with good technique. Most low tenors don't have nearly as good of a low range as yours. I'm a low lyric tenor(According to Ken Tamplin) but I barely am audible below B2/A2...

I see that you put up another post asking if you are a Baritenor. If you sang musical theater and you were able to make your high notes a bit cleaner, you would probably classify yourself as "Baritenor" because your range covers both Baritone and Tenor and your tessitura is higher than most Baritones. Your voice isn't light enough to do regular tenor roles. I also hear your passaggio around B4/C4 and E4/F4. You put a lot of pressure when you sing to artificially raise it, which gives you even more of a "Tenorish" sound. That's that squeezed off tone you get sometime. That passaggio range is that High Baritone/Baritenor/Low Tenor range. You do sing pretty dang high though, which can cause confusion, but any voice type can sing high with training.

THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION OF COURSE. Ken Tamplin gave you the same opinion. Ken Tamplin sings even higher than you and has a similar tone when he sings high. He is also a BARITONE.
Ken Tamplin says he is a Tenor
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryugen on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:41 pm

I remember Bradphone telling me that Ken Tamplin said he was a High Baritone.
Ryugen
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:42 pm

I'll try to upload it, he goes like "For the tenors, like me, blabla"
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryugen on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:45 pm

Ohhhh, you mean that Ken Tamplin is a Tenor. I thought by "he" you meant Bradphone. This thread is getting wayyy off track. i wouldn't worry about it.
Ryugen
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:36 pm

At around 0:26 in the song "Nice Guys", it sounds like Chester slides down to an F2 on the word "to". Also, G4 at 2:33.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:22 am

The C♯6 in Bromance sounds more like a D6 to me.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:15 am

where's the E5 on Stay With Me? highest note I found is D5
F5 on Do You Love Me, 0:58

and about half of his screams at that song are actually E5's and I would put it as actually normal black notes
btw are you planning of making threads for his friends, Josh Golden, Andy Lange and Andrew Garica? Very Happy
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  glds on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:18 am

The Toasted Turkey wrote:At around 0:26 in the song "Nice Guys", it sounds like Chester slides down to an F2 on the word "to". Also, G4 at 2:33.

Pitched down digitally. Should be removed from OP.

glds
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:25 am

gaylorddicksucker wrote:
The Toasted Turkey wrote:At around 0:26 in the song "Nice Guys", it sounds like Chester slides down to an F2 on the word "to". Also, G4 at 2:33.

Pitched down digitally. Should be removed from OP.
was thinkin the same, but wasn't sure Handball
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:38 pm

Crackz0r94 wrote:where's the E5 on Stay With Me? highest note I found is D5
F5 on Do You Love Me, 0:58

and about half of his screams at that song are actually E5's and I would put it as actually normal black notes
btw are you planning of making threads for his friends, Josh Golden, Andy Lange and Andrew Garica? Very Happy
Good catch, indeed more E5's than Eb5's. Though, I feel the F5 is mostly (if not fully) falsetto, so I'll mark it blue, okay?
As for the E5 in "Stay With Me", it's the very, very short note at 2:19 or so, if you slow it down to 0.5x it's very clear.
Do you think it's too short to be counted? I personally think it should be counted.

Regarding his friends, I'm afraid I won't, I'm really into Chester's voice to be honest.
Though it has to be said, his friends can surely sing amazingly well too - especially Andrew.

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:21 pm

I can agree that's its not full, however I think it should be marked as normal sung note, definitely part of the singing melody
and I hear no E5 even with slow moition Sad
I also think Andrew is the best singer between the three of em Handshake

Last edited by Crackz0r94 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : my dick hurts)
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:00 am

Crackz0r94 wrote:I can agree that's its not full, however I think it should be marked as normal sung note, definitely part of the singing melody
and I hear no E5 even with slow moition Sad
After listening to it again, it could be more of an Eb5, and yes it's really, really short, but it's really there Confused

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:43 am

If it's really really short and you can't even be sure what note is it, maybe it shudn't be on the OP
I guess we need more opinions..
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top