CURRENT STATUS: UNFINISHED

Voice Type: All About That Mezzo-Soprano
Vocal Range: C♯3-A5

Recorded High Range:
A5 ("Lips Are Movin'", "Title")
G♯5 ("Dear Future Husband")
G5 ("Lips Are Movin'")
F♯5 ("Title")
F5 ("Lips Are Movin'", "The Best Part (Interlude)")
E♭5 ("All About That Bass", "Close Your Eyes")
D5 ("Lips Are Movin'", "The Best Part (Interlude)")
C♯5 ("All About That Bass", "Close Your Eyes", "Dear Future Husband", "Lips Are Movin'")
C5 ("All About That Bass", "Close Your Eyes", "Dear Future Husband", "Lips Are Movin'", "Title", "The Best Part (Interlude)")

Recorded Low Range:
A3 ("All About That Bass", "Dear Future Husband", "Lips Are Movin'")
G3 ("Close Your Eyes", "Dear Future Husband", "Title")
F♯3 ("All About That Bass", "Close Your Eyes", "Lips Are Movin'", "The Best Part (Interlude)")
F3 ("Dear Future Husband")
E♭3 ("Close Your Eyes", "Lips Are Movin'")
D3 ("Title")
C♯3 ("All About That Bass", "Lips Are Movin'")
*Purple marks notes found in harmonies/backing vocals.
*Italics marks non-sung notes.
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Re: Meghan Trainor

Post  axisundone on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:31 am

Lips Are Movin is the fucking worst. I have to hear that shit 43573457 times a day at work. Who the fuck references their first single in their second single? Fuck this gay earth
axisundone

View user profile http://www.habuband.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:56 am

axisundone wrote:Lips Are Movin is the fucking worst. I have to hear that shit 43573457 times a day at work. Who the fuck references their first single in their second single? Fuck this gay earth

This comment In Love
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:44 am

Yeah, don't get me wrong--For the most part, I don't really like her voice or her songs. I just made the thread for shits and giggles (and the novelty of listing "All About That Mezzo-Soprano" as her voice type). I'll admit that I find her high range pleasing to listen to, but the normal nasally-throaty stuff that she does in the middle and low part of her voice is pretty terrible. pale
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:51 am

Molandfreak wrote:Yeah, don't get me wrong--For the most part, I don't really like her voice or her songs. I just made the thread for shits and giggles (and the novelty of listing "All About That Mezzo-Soprano" as her voice type). I'll admit that I find her high range pleasing to listen to, but the normal nasally-throaty stuff that she does in the middle and low part of her voice is pretty terrible. pale

To be honest, I actually love her voice, I just think it's such a shame how she's decided to present herself and make the music she's making. It really disappoints me that she doesn't go against the grain and make music that actually has substance, even if it means she is losing fans, she's gaining respect and credibility. From my understanding she studied music to University level at a very prestigious University, what a waste to just make a very dumb pop album full of awful songs about body image. She should be ashamed of wasting such potential.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  oziroxxmisoxx on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:00 pm

She isn't a mezzo soprano. She's definitely a light-lyric soprano.

oziroxxmisoxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:08 pm

oziroxxmisoxx wrote:She isn't a mezzo soprano. She's definitely a light-lyric soprano.
naw fam

i disagree with everyone in this thread. i think it's the opposite; i like her songs but don't think she's too talented, so she's doing good with what she's got.
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  oziroxxmisoxx on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:06 pm

lemon tea wrote:
oziroxxmisoxx wrote:She isn't a mezzo soprano. She's definitely a light-lyric soprano.
naw fam

i disagree with everyone in this thread.  i think it's the opposite; i like her songs but don't think she's too talented, so she's doing good with what she's got.
Yeah she is.

Her voice is no way heavy or dark enough to even be considered to be a mezzo soprano. Just because she hit a few thin, bright, and quiet low notes does not make her a mezzo. Not even close to a mezzo. Range does not make someone a certain voice type, it;s their timbre, color, and passagio breaks. Meghan is a typical soprano.

A true mezzo is Jazmine Sullivan or Beyonce. They both have darker and heavier voices than Meghan.

oziroxxmisoxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:09 am

do you know what soprano's souond like Shocked this bitch aint one
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  oziroxxmisoxx on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:34 am

Explain your reasoning as I have explained mine.

She sounds like a typical light lyric soprano. There is no darkness in her voice, she has a very girly tone, and her low notes are weak and thin.

oziroxxmisoxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:25 am

...are we listening to the same singer? i'm using the same reasoning as you.

she's no alto, but she definitely isn't a soprano - nor a lyric one. she has a definite weight to her voice, and it's placed around where a mezzo is. she is the farthest thing from girly, she actually sounds very manly to me in her phrasing (despite wearing those bright colors) and has a very effeminate flair (the raunchy appeal)

maybe i haven't heard enough of her work (only her big hits) but she hasn't sang lightly on any of them :/. i have no idea where you're getting this notion from that she can sing high and light - the closest i've heard is a little trill on all about that bass which seems to be the extent of her soprano capabilities, and not a range/voice she could sustain.
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  oziroxxmisoxx on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:41 am

Well first off alto is not a voice type, its a choral position. Any voice type can sing alto. Sopranos can if they wanted too and many have, but it is more fit for lower voices.

Her voice is extremely girly as well, so idk why you keep claiming its manly. Its not at all. When you listen to her, you don't hear any androgynous or manly features. If you want to hear a manly singer, listen to Cher or Annie Lennox who are both well developed contraltos.

Trainors voice is not weighty in the slightest so I have no clue where you got that from. She's untrained and has belted an F#5 which no untrained mezzo is capable of doing because of how much heavier a mezzo voice is compared to a soprano voice.

Lastly, her passagio breaks fit right into the soprano voice and not the mezzo voice which completely PROVES that she is a soprano. Her voice breaks higher than a mezzo and with that info, there is absolutely no denying that she fits into the lighter soprano family. If her passagio was lower this would be arguable, but because it isn't, its not. At all lol

Meghan is a typical soprano. Light voice even in her lower register, girly tone and very bright and youthful sound.

All of the things you claim are very false. She's SOOOOO far away from a mezzo soprano. Miley Cyrus is more of a mezzo than her and she's younger than Meghan.

I can pull up clips and videos to prove it to you but I'm at school on my phone lol so I'll wait for tonight.

oziroxxmisoxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:57 am

sure if youre that set on her being a lyric soprano i guess i wont stop you, we've all got opinions Zoid
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:46 pm

lemon tea wrote:sure if youre that set on her being a lyric soprano i guess i wont stop you, we've all got opinions Zoid

Hello everyone, my name is Jeremy. *hello jeremy* I am a 25-year-old man with semi weighty timbre and no ability to sing above E4 whatsoever but I am 100% a tenor. I fancy long walks on beaches and playing my piano.  I am alright for non-serious relationship at first but my final goal is marriage.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockin' D on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:00 pm

I doubt that you'll notewatch Thank You but if you by any chance do, there are several significant lows on it.
Rockin' D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Secothegreat on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:29 pm

I can notewatch it if need be. I actually dig her voice and music .
Secothegreat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Private Perineum on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:31 pm

ew
Private Perineum

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/timialexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockin' D on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:52 pm

Secothegreat wrote:I can notewatch it if need be. I actually dig her voice and music .
If you want to, go for it. Wink
Rockin' D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top