Tim Charles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tim Charles

Post  Shikkaku on Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:37 am

Tim Charles
Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: A2-D5

Significant High Notes

D5 (“Tapestry of the Starless Abstract” demo)
C5(“Tapestry of the Starless Abstract”, “As Icicles Fall”)
B4 (“Of the Leper Butterflies”, “Forget Not”, “Of Petrichor Weaves Black Noise”, “Painters of the Tempest (Part II): Triptych Lux”, “Pyrrhic”, “Devour Me, Colossus (Part I): Blackholes”)
B♭4 (“Tapestry of the Starless Abstract”)
A4 (“And Plague Flowers the Kaleidoscope”, “Of Petrichor Weaves Black Noise”, “Painters of the Tempest (Part II): Triptych Lux”)
G4 (“And Plague Flowers the Kaleidoscope”, “Painters of the Tempest (Part II): Triptych Lux”, “Pyrrhic”)
F♯4 (“Forget Not”, “Painters of the Tempest (Part II): Triptych Lux”, “Pyrrhic”, “Devour Me, Colossus (Part I): Blackholes”)
F4 (“Tapestry of the Starless Abstract”, “Of the Leper Butterflies”, “When the Black Hands Dance”)

Significant Low Notes

F♯3 (“And Plague Flowers the Kaleidoscope”, “Painters of the Tempest (Part II): Triptych Lux”)
F3 (“When the Black Hands Dance”)
E3 (“Forget Not”, “Of Petrichor Weaves Black Noise”, “Pyrrhic”)
E♭3 (“As Icicles Fall”)
D3 (“Tapestry of the Starless Abstract”)
B2 (“Painters of the Tempest (Part II): Triptych Lux”)
B♭2 (“As Icicles Fall”)
A2 (“Of Petrichor Weaves Black Noise”)

*Purple marks notes hit on backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the mix.

Tim Charles is the violinist and "clean" vocalist of the Australian extreme progressive metal band Ne Obliviscaris (majestic band that you absolutely should check if you dig said style). Tim uses a gentle, smooth clean tone contrasting wildly to his bandmate Xenoyr's frightening screams and growls. Timi's timbre has a slightly nasal sound and is quite similar to Steven Wilson's tone.

Last edited by Shikkaku on Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Charles

Post  Shikkaku on Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:42 am

I left this one in the WIP session due to the small amount of stuff released by the band (2 albums, and roughly 10 songs with vocals, ranging from 6 to 16 minutes). The band released two 3-track EPS (that were only available to people who donate to them in a crowdfunding campaign) but I couldn't find them absolutely nowhere.

PS: You can move/delete the old thread now.
http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t888-tim-charles?highlight=tim+charles
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top