TheToastedTurkey's Singing Thread Attempt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TheToastedTurkey's Singing Thread Attempt

Post  Toast on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:29 pm

Eh, why the hell not?

Here's a cover that I attempted of "Tomorrow Comes Today" by Gorillaz. I don't have a keyboard that I can keep in my room and I can't play the guitar for shit, so the most I can really do is take the instrumental and use that.
http://picosong.com/LPz3/

And here's a cover of "19-2000", also by Gorillaz.
http://picosong.com/LPaA/

Feedback would be nice. I can't really judge my own voice because I tend to always think that it sounds crappy on recording no matter how good it actually is, so other people's input would probably be more useful than my own.

And ignore the computer fan in the background, there's not much that I can really do about that.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TheToastedTurkey's Singing Thread Attempt

Post  bradphone on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:57 am

Actuall on "Tomorrow Comes Today" you sound pretty good! Kinda pitchy and a bit insecure on some parts, but for the most part you have a good voice! I love your low/mid register by the way, it has a nice tone, but you should try to raise up some parts though you struggled hard on the low stuff.

I think you would sound great singing Sinatra, and i'm not joking.
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:39 am

bradphone wrote:Actuall on "Tomorrow Comes Today" you sound pretty good! Kinda pitchy and a bit insecure on some parts, but for the most part you have a good voice! I love your low/mid register by the way, it has a nice  tone, but you should try to raise up some parts though you struggled hard on the low stuff.

I think you would sound great singing Sinatra, and i'm not joking.

Alright, thanks for the feedback! I'll try and work on singing more in tune if I ever do any future covers. Also, I'll keep the bit about the low stuff in mind and either try to stay away from the really low stuff or just improve on it. I honestly am not really sure why I decided to throw in those out-of-nowhere low sections, I guess it just seemed like a good idea at the time.

Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:53 pm

You should do some more stuff!
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:32 pm

CoolBJ wrote:You should do some more stuff!

Agreed, you've got a nice voice on you, man. Very interested to see how it changes and deepens as you continue to go through puberty.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:08 am

Yeah, one thing I love is watching my prepubescent friends' voices change and develop from boy altos to actual tenors/baritones. It's really cool to hear them round out their lower range and get that strong sound up above. It'd be nice to see what you can do with a more developed voice.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:08 am

Yeah, one thing I love is watching my prepubescent friends' voices change and develop from boy altos to actual tenors/baritones. It's really cool to hear them round out their lower range and get that strong sound up above. It'd be nice to see what you can do with a more developed voice.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:54 am

Woah, didn't realize people would find this thread again. Maybe I'll do some more in the future, I just don't know what I could do.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:17 am

Toast wrote:Woah, didn't realize people would find this thread again. Maybe I'll do some more in the future, I just don't know what I could do.

Sinatra, Kaplan, Crosby, Martin, Foust, the list goes on. Anyone with a solid baritone voice, essentially. I don't know how much lower you're capable of going now, but I'm sure your range would fit well with these guys.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top