Freddie Mercury or Adam Lambert

81% 81% 
[ 21 ]
19% 19% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 26

Adam Lambert or Freddie Mercury

Post  Metalhead123 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:17 pm

Since Adam Lambert is the new singer for Queen I was wondering which singer do you prefer
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Lambert or Freddie Mercury

Post  Molandfreak on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:20 pm

Do you really need to ask that question here? We all know what the near-unanimous answer will be! Wink
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Molandfreak wrote:Do you really need to ask that question here? We all know what the near-unanimous answer will be! Wink
Good point. But I have seen some people on youtube videos of Queen with Lambert say Lambert is better.
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rustyfo on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:16 pm

Metalhead123 wrote:
Molandfreak wrote:Do you really need to ask that question here? We all know what the near-unanimous answer will be! Wink
Good point. But I have seen some people on youtube videos of Queen with Lambert say Lambert is better.

Aka teenybopper fan girls.

Adam Lambert is unquestionably the superior singer in terms of technique, but as a performer, writer and overall musician Freddie is just eons ahead of him.
rustyfo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:51 pm

rustyfo wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:

Adam Lambert is unquestionably the superior singer in terms of technique, but as a performer, writer and overall musician Freddie is just eons ahead of him.
I personally prefer Freddie's timbre over Adam's. Freddie's voice is the perfect combo of gritty vocals and clean vocals. Adam IMO, sounds like if Geddy Lee sang with proper technique, and I am not the biggest fan of Geddy Lee's voice, especially not live nowadays
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rustyfo on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:32 am

Metalhead123 wrote:
rustyfo wrote:
Metalhead123 wrote:

I personally prefer Freddie's timbre over Adam's. Freddie's voice is the perfect combo of gritty vocals and clean vocals. Adam IMO, sounds like if Geddy Lee sang with proper technique, and I am not the biggest fan of Geddy Lee's voice, especially not live nowadays

I do agree with you (although I do like Lambert's voice a lot too). I only meant from a technical point of view as in healthiest form of vocal production - I would be extremely surprised if Lambert ever developed nodules or anything like that.
rustyfo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:06 am

As a live SINGER i prefer Adam, he hits notes that Freddie most of the time dodged and sang the lower 2nd or 3rd harmony.
As an entertainer and a studio musician i 1000000% prefer Freddie! The quy was extraordinary, his energy was immens, stage prescence was bigger than anything "The bigger the better" And he gave his 110% at every show.

Adam does seem to blend in more with the other 2 as the tour progresses and he has a great amount of interaction with Brian and Roger (Freddie never seem to have that much interaction with Roger on stage) So that`s a pretty great thing, ánd what i like is that he gives the Queen songs his own twist, and he can sing some of the Queen stuff LIVE better than Freddie.

I mean, listen to I Want To Break Free... Freddie sounded like he was barking everything, all the high stuff... Even my dog sounded more musical at times.. And he sounded very shouty and throaty when he sang stuff like "Radio Gaga" or "Tie Your Mother Down" Really, the way Roger Taylor sang Radio Gaga on the last Q + PR tour was fantastic, and the way Paul Rodgers sang Tie Your Mother Down was in my opinion 10 times better than Freddie has éver sang it live.

Freddie was a great singer in the studio, but in a live setting he was mostly hit or miss, beginnings of tours he was great, after 5-6 shows he started to decline.. We had the great shows in Leiden, good shows in Budapest, Wembley (1st night that is) and even Knebworth to an extent was good.. But compare that to lets say Tokyo `82 or Vienna `84 or even worse, what about Tokyo `79....

He sounded fantastic on the most of the Crazy tour and he sounded véry good on the Hot Space tour, he had much weaker and dare i say BAD moments on "The Works" tour and his voice came back on the Magic Tour, IF he didn`t got the Aids virus and toured in `89 i wouldn`t doubt that his voice would sound even stronger... Since, when you listen to Everyone Of Us from the Time musical in `88 his voice sounds very strong and he sounds insanely confident, he outsings Cliff Richards on his own song Razz
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aníbal on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:56 am

Freddie: 10 Adam: 0

Aníbal

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/anibal-m-sica

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:46 am

freddie is better at being gay than adam lambert.
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:47 am

Is this really a debate at all? The Freddie Mercury vs fucking Adam Lambert??
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Drake on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:16 am

lemon tea wrote:freddie is better at being gay than adam lambert.

I agree.

Nick Drake
Banned By Request

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:11 am

Okay so Freddie was Gay, but but someone's sexuality really have absolutely anything to do what so ever with their voice and vocal range?
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hopscotch on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:20 am

Hey guys, who was the better Iron Maiden vocalist - Bruce Dickinson or Blaze Bayley?
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregsynthbootlegs on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:37 am

A highly amusing thread here.

No doubt Adam has his strengths over Freddie (more consistent live and uses better singing technique) but as far as the total package goes, Freddie's the man. Adam's gotten much better with Queen over the past year - I'd go see Queen + AL again if they tour the US again.
Gregsynthbootlegs
Range Destroyer

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/Gregsynth?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:44 am

Wanderlust wrote:Hey guys, who was the better Iron Maiden vocalist - Bruce Dickinson or Blaze Bayley?
Two can play at that game. Who was the better Van Halen vocalist - David Lee Roth or Gary Charone
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:46 am

bradphone wrote:As a live SINGER i prefer Adam, he hits notes that Freddie most of the time dodged and sang the lower 2nd or 3rd harmony.
As an entertainer and a studio musician i 1000000% prefer Freddie! The quy was extraordinary, his energy was immens, stage prescence was bigger than anything "The bigger the better" And he gave his 110% at every show.

Adam does seem to blend in more with the other 2 as the tour progresses and he has a great amount of interaction with Brian and Roger (Freddie never seem to have that much interaction with Roger on stage) So that`s a pretty great thing, ánd what i like is that he gives the Queen songs his own twist, and he can sing some of the Queen stuff LIVE better than Freddie.

I mean, listen to I Want To Break Free... Freddie sounded like he was barking everything, all the high stuff... Even my dog sounded more musical at times.. And he sounded very shouty and throaty when he sang stuff like "Radio Gaga" or "Tie Your Mother Down" Really, the way Roger Taylor sang Radio Gaga on the last Q + PR tour was fantastic, and the way Paul Rodgers sang Tie Your Mother Down was in my opinion 10 times better than Freddie has éver sang it live.

Freddie was a great singer in the studio, but in a live setting he was mostly hit or miss, beginnings of tours he was great, after 5-6 shows he started to decline.. We had the great shows in Leiden, good shows in Budapest, Wembley (1st night that is) and even Knebworth to an extent was good.. But compare that to lets say Tokyo `82 or Vienna `84 or even worse, what about Tokyo `79....

He sounded fantastic on the most of the Crazy tour and he sounded véry good on the Hot Space tour, he had much weaker and dare i say BAD moments on "The Works" tour and his voice came back on the Magic Tour, IF he didn`t got the Aids virus and toured in `89 i wouldn`t doubt that his voice would sound even stronger... Since, when you listen to Everyone Of Us from the Time musical in `88 his voice sounds very strong and he sounds insanely confident, he outsings Cliff Richards on his own song Razz
I think Freddie would have sung songs live how they were sung in the studio if it weren't for those nodules
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregsynthbootlegs on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:52 am

Absolutely. Why risk going balls to the wall when you have a condition that can hamper your singing? If he attempted to sing everything live he did in the studio - he'd blow his voice the second or third gig into the tour (and would cause potential problems such as canceling shows or a tour leg). He did the wise thing and sang lower harmonies and let Roger (who has a naturally higher voice that can easily hit the notes without a sweat) sang the higher parts.
Gregsynthbootlegs
Range Destroyer

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/Gregsynth?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:59 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:Okay so Freddie was Gay, but but someone's sexuality really have absolutely anything to do what so ever with their voice and vocal range?
Yes, it has possibly the biggest impact on what someone's voice sounds like - you could say it's a voice type of it's own. can someone link that old gay singer thread?
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:05 am

lemon tea wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:Okay so Freddie was Gay, but but someone's sexuality really have absolutely anything to do what so ever with their voice and vocal range?
Yes, it has possibly the biggest impact on what someone's voice sounds like - you could say it's a voice type of it's own.  can someone link that old gay singer thread?
Its the one about gay baritones right?
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:11 am

It's languishing in Ruined Threads, and probably safest not to resurrect the discussion in case this thread ends up joining it Sweating
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:04 pm

Freddie as a homosexual was more fun, he didn't fall into the quiet gay-boy cliche. He was highly extrovert on stage yet never in the sterotypical homosexual way. In fact, he actually comes off like a straight guy and that's what is so endearing about his homosexuality. Adam on the other hand doesn't have that same kind of emotion in his upper range. Sure, Adam can hit the notes but hitting is all I can use to describe them. It's just the same old worn out boy pop group voice that we've all been pissed off about since fucking NSYNC. That is why I think Freddie is cooler as a homosexual.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:05 pm

absolutely. freddie was so gay he died -- like a true man's man.
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:06 pm

lemon tea wrote:absolutely.  freddie was so gay he died -- like a true man's man.
Rock
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:18 pm

lemon tea wrote:absolutely.  freddie was so gay he died -- like a true man's man.

Exactly, and that is a huge lesson that should be learned by all fags out there.  Act like a man, feminine, sure.  But don't be a flamer.  And that concludes the lesson of this thread.  Move it to ruined where it belongs.  DO YOU GET THE POINT YET?!?!  THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY HERETICAL QUESTION TO ASK. YOU HAVE SERIOUSLY FUCKED UP IF YOU REALLY HAD TO THINK ABOUT IT.  GET THIS ABOMINATION OUT OF MY SIGHT BEFORE I RUIN IT MYSELF WITH MORE SHIT POSTS.  HURRY UP TICK TOCK
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:27 pm

The Great Heroins wrote:

Exactly, and that is a huge lesson that should be learned by all fags out there.  Act like a man, feminine, sure.  But don't be a flamer.  And that concludes the lesson of this thread.  Move it to ruined where it belongs.  DO YOU GET THE POINT YET?!?!  THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY HERETICAL QUESTION TO ASK. YOU HAVE SERIOUSLY FUCKED UP IF YOU REALLY HAD TO THINK ABOUT IT.  GET THIS ABOMINATION OUT OF MY SIGHT BEFORE I RUIN IT MYSELF WITH MORE SHIT POSTS.  HURRY UP TICK TOCK
Please ruin it. I have relized I should have done Freddie Mercury vs. Robert Plant instead of this
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top