Post  Buh-Red on Tue May 07, 2013 3:01 am

DonutsGalacticos wrote:

he probably meant B5

Buh-Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ken Tamplin

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Tue May 07, 2013 3:13 am

i know i just wanted to leave this here, his own words about his top-xtreme highs
DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WhySoSirius...Black? on Tue May 07, 2013 3:52 am

There's a D5 at 2:06.

A D5 at 3:20 and a falsetto F5 at 3:55.

WhySoSirius...Black?
Banned By Request

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Tue May 07, 2013 4:16 am

WhySoSirius...Black? wrote:
There's a D5 at 2:06.

A D5 at 3:20 and a falsetto F5 at 3:55.

The first one is actually an F#5, then E5 and finally D5, i don't know if it is falsetto.
That Bruno Mars cover was awfull IMO.
DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WhySoSirius...Black? on Tue May 07, 2013 4:27 am

DonutsGalacticos wrote:
The first one is actually an F#5, then E5 and finally D5, i don't know if it is falsetto.
That Bruno Mars cover was awfull IMO.
Oops, you're right about the first video.
And Ken's voice doesn't suit "Grenade" either.
His how to sing like Kurt Cobain vid is good though.

WhySoSirius...Black?
Banned By Request

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fishtaco567 on Sun May 12, 2013 1:09 am

8:30 he does 2 screams up to Bb5. 9:17 he does a good slide from something in his chest voice up to Bb5 also. There's other Bb5s scattered throughout that, but those three aughta suffice.

fishtaco567

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bdub1177 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:49 am

He claims in a comment on YouTube that his modal register ends at c6. (Damn, might I add). Also, I believe there's falsetto eb5s and e5s in the Michael Jackson tutorial vid. (Very beginning)
Bdub1177

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregsynthbootlegs on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:25 am

B6 wrote:I can't remember exactly what happened, but I think that's more or less the story:
-He posts on youtube a video of him performing live
-Someone says that his glasses are real nice or something like that
-He replies to the comment in some neutral way
-He deletes the comments

IIRC Greg once commented positively that video and KR deleted his comment Shocked

I remember that video. What happened was that someone posted on the video saying that the performance wasn't good and he removed the comment (along with a positive comment about his glasses). I didn't post on the video but I took a screen-shot of the comments before he removed them.

90% of the time he also removes comments concerning his use of falsetto (which is most of his highs).
Gregsynthbootlegs
Range Destroyer

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/Gregsynth?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Bdub1177 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:45 pm

Is it me or does he talk like a tenor? I mean when he sings it's definitly coming out HB but talking sounds tenor
Bdub1177

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:48 pm

if you mean he sounds gay, then i agree.
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bdub1177 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:07 pm

^haha! He totally does... I was afraid of offending anyone, but yea. A lot like Tim tebow, a super Christian guy that talks flaming.
Bdub1177

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:28 pm

His speaking sounds really boomy to me tbh
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Monocus on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:12 am

Monocus
Range Advisor

View user profile http://last.fm/user/Monocus

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:27 am

rofl
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bdub1177 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:32 am

I don't hear that at all... I've only watched from my iPhone without headphones, maybe that's a factor, but sounds like a light, fairly high talker to me. (With a very effeminate tone and gestures, might I add)
Bdub1177

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:04 am

Bdub1177 wrote:I don't hear that at all... I've only watched from my iPhone without headphones, maybe that's a factor, but sounds like a light, fairly high talker to me. (With a very effeminate tone and gestures, might I add)

I asked him about his generally high speaking voice on youtube and the possibility he is actually a Tenor and he replied that it's a result of his warm up routine before he does any video. He told me that when he wakes up in the morning he generally sounds like Barry White. which was cool.

I also asked him to make a Jeff Buckley Grace cover and though he said he was working on it....it's been 2 months.

Back to top Go down

Post  rustyfo on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:43 am

Yeah I have the KTVA course and his voice does vary quite a bit from that pingy tenor voice to a deeper more natural speaking tone.

That's interesting Popeye about Jeff Buckley, my absolute musical hero. I really hope Ken doesn't do the cover, pretty sure it's going to be slightly shit. I like most of what he teaches but he for some reason always just slams all the covers in as heavy a chest voice as he can, completely devoid of the finesse required for someone like Jeff, but appropriate for a Chris Cornell cover which he does extremely well.
rustyfo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bdub1177 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:57 am

Thx for filling me in on that! That makes sense, and he definitely has a versatile voice, as evident by his range, so that's a cool thing to note about his speaking habits. And I totally agree rustyfo. His videos all say "how to sing like...", yet he does very little adaptation to his timbre or style to mimic the artist. Doesn't make them poor vocal covers, I just feel like that'd be a better title for his videos; "Ken Tamplin covering..."
Bdub1177

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:02 am

rustyfo wrote:I really hope Ken doesn't do the cover, pretty sure it's going to be slightly shit. I like most of what he teaches but he for some reason always just slams all the covers in as heavy a chest voice as he can, completely devoid of the finesse required for someone like Jeff, but appropriate for a Chris Cornell cover which he does extremely well.
This.
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:08 am

rustyfo wrote: I really hope Ken doesn't do the cover, pretty sure it's going to be slightly shit. I like most of what he teaches but he for some reason always just slams all the covers in as heavy a chest voice as he can, completely devoid of the finesse required for someone like Jeff, but appropriate for a Chris Cornell cover which he does extremely well.

I actually agree with you completely about it would be a shit cover. But I would love to see him talk about some techniques jeff used in recording grace to better my own voice, even having said that his ''How To Sing Like...'' videos never seem to be in anyway helpful unless ( and I am only assuming) you actually do his program.

In general he isn't the vocal coach I watch most on youtube in fact I don't even think he's that good, Eric Arceneaux is much better in my opinion, I watch him more and it's literally all working on technique and very easy and useful.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bdub1177 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:17 am

Not trying to start a voice type argument here, I just wanna add that I question the motive behind his claims of being a HB. From a business perspective, he opens himself up to a much larger market by claiming to be a baritone who extended his range up into the atmosphere. Roughly 85% of men or something are baritones, so he's going with the whole *anyone can do it with my techniques" approach. Personally, I think it's more likely that he's actually a tenor who perfected his upward extension, and developed a strong chest voice, and chooses to sing chest heavy.
Bdub1177

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:22 am

Where is maxim when you need him
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bdub1177 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:25 am

^dunno what that means
Bdub1177

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:26 am

Bdub1177 wrote:Not trying to start a voice type argument here, I just wanna add that I question the motive behind his claims of being a HB. From a business perspective, he opens himself up to a much larger market by claiming to be a baritone who extended his range up into the atmosphere. Roughly 85% of men or something are baritones, so he's going with the whole *anyone can do it with my techniques" approach. Personally, I think it's more likely that he's actually a tenor who perfected his upward extension, and developed a strong chest voice, and chooses to sing chest heavy.

I think he is naturally a Baritone, his lower extension is crazy. But, For a guy who constantly talks about how other voice coaches are looking for your money, at least 90% of his replies to comments are ''You should really buy my program'' or similar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top