Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brent Smith

Post  The Winter Soldier on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:45 am

Voice type: Screamin' Baritone
Sung Vocal Range: E2-D5
Total Vocal Range: C♯2-D5

Significant high notes:

• D5 ("Better Version", "Emptiness Man", "Heroes", "Never Know", "Sin with A Grin", "45")
  • C♯5 ("Falling Fearless", "Leave A Whisper", "Nowhere Kids", "Save Me", "So Happy", "Trade Yourself In", "With A Little Help From My Friends" Live)
  • C5 ("All I Ever Wanted", "Atmosphere", "Begin Again", "Breaking Inside", "Bully", "Burning Bright", "Devour", "Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)", "Emptiness Man", "Enemies", "Fly from The Inside", "Grudge", "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)", "Heroes", "I Dare You", "I'm Not Alright", "I Own You", "Lacerated", "Left Out", "Never Know", "Notice Me", "Second Chance", "Simple Man", "Soon Forgotten", "Stranger Inside", "The Crow & The Butterfly", "The Energy", "Times Like These" live from Kansas City 2010, "Unity", "What A Shame", "With A Little Help from My Friends" live, "Yer Majesty", "Fly From The Inside")
  • B4 ("Better Version", "Beyond The Sun", "Bully", "Burning Bright", "Carried Away", "Consider", "Cry For Help", "Crying Out", "Don't Question My Heart", "I'm Alive", "Not Strong Enough", "Nowhere Kids", "Persistance", "Sad", "Save Me", "Screwdriver", "Shed Some Light", "Silent Goodbye", "Some Day", "Son Of Sam", "Sound Of Madness", "Space Of Fear", "Start Over", "You Know Me", "You're The Reason", "45")
  • B♭4 ("Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)", "Fake", "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)", "Her Name Is Alice", "Hillbilly Rock", "Junkies for Fame", "Lady So Divine", "Lost In The Crowd", "I'll Follow You", "In Memory", "No More Love", "Seasons", "Second Chance", "Shed Some Light", "Through the Ghost")
  • A4 ("All I Ever Wanted", "Fake", "Falling Fearless", "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)", "Heroes", "If You Only Knew", "Lady So Divine", "Left Out", "Lost In The Crowd", "Miracle", "Notice Me", "Simple Man", "Start Over", "The Crow & The Butterfly", "The Energy", "Times Like These" Live From Kansas City 2010, "Unity", "Yer Majesty", "45")

Significant low notes:

• B2 ("Call Me" live at Warner Germany Acoustic Session 2008, "Carried Away", "Cry for Help", "Don't Question My Heart", "Sad", "Some Day", "You're the Reason", "45")
  • B♭2 ("Her Name Is Alice", "No More Love", "Simple Man" live 2006, "Some Day", Amaryllis")
  • A2 ("Silent Goodbye", "Simple Man", live "The Crow & the Butterfly", "What A Shame", "45" live from the Kansas City 2010)
  • G♯2 ("Call Me" live from the Kansas City 2010, "Don't Question My Heart", "Silent Goodbye")
  • G2 (The introduction of "45" live from the Kansas City 2010, "Her Name Is Alice", "Silent Goodbye")
  • F2 ("Shed Some Light" live Davenport 2010)
  • E2 ("Don't Question My Heart")
  • D2 ("Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)")
  • C♯2 (The introduction of "45" live from the Kansas City 2010)
*Purple marks notes in backing vocals or otherwise muffled/obscured in the song mix.
*Italics mark non-melodic notes.

Last edited by Iamnotafraid65 on Mon May 11, 2015 7:42 am; edited 36 times in total
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brent Smith

Post  Karl on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:17 am

You got these notes from this video right? Pretty much all of the new notes you added from the video are incorrectly pitched/shit. Did a mod/admin give you permission to restart the thread?

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:G♯1 ("The introduction of "Simple Man" live)
Harsh distorted G♯1? LOL

EDIT: look at Timi's comment on the video.
Timi wrote:Funny that we uploaded our videos around the same time! Had no idea somebody else was making a video for Brent too. With that said, I don't think the Bb1 exists and neither do the notes above D5. The screams are very non-modal and hard to pitch, but I don't think any of them go higher than D. Also, few of the lower notes (for example the "Bully" E2) were 3rd octave. With that said, the "Diamond Eyes" note sure is weird. No idea if that is 5th or 6th octave. Never noticed that falsetto yelp.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:27 am

Yes I was granted permission and I honestly didn't get the notes from the video. They were given to me by someone who had assured me that they were accurate, but thank you for pointing out that they are not. And with this re-done thread I will note watch him myself with the online piano and do my best to not let you down.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:30 am

Wtf? Fried notes aren't harsh by definition? I've been grouping fried and harsh notes together for a long time and this is the first you've complained about it?
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:31 am

LOL at the Bb7 in the video
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:32 am

Molandfreak who me? I didn't say anything I think fry notes should be counted, And I'm telling you, I hear that G♯1.

Last edited by Iamnotafraid65 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:34 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:Who me? I didn't say anything I think fry notes should be counted.
I'm talking to Karl.
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:35 am

You got the notes from "I Hate This Name"?

Here's his post from the old thread, and it looks like you've taken him seriously:

I Hate This Name wrote:
I think D2 in the backround 1:00
As well as the C#5 near the beginning and backround C5s at 3:05
I don't know why you've been given this thread when it's so blatantly obvious there is no D2 at 1:00, nor are there any C♯5s near the beginning or C5s at 3:05.
0:19 is a C5 though.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:35 am

Should I keep the G♯1 or keep it removed?
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:36 am

Can you link it?
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:37 am

Karl wrote:You got the notes from "I Hate This Name"?

Here's his post from the old thread, and it looks like you've taken him seriously:

I Hate This Name wrote:
I don't know why you've been given this thread when it's so blatantly obvious there is no D2 at 1:00, nor are there any C♯5s near the beginning or C5s at 3:05.
All you have to say is "I don't think those exist." Christ on a toothbrush.
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:38 am

Give me a moment, but I know it's an acoustic song.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:41 am

Molandfreak wrote:

I Hate This Name wrote:

Lol
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hopscotch on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:19 am

Molandfreak wrote:

I Hate This Name wrote:
Pepe Forever wrote:
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:56 am

Facepalm Facepalm WOW!! I am so gonna get demoted/banned over this shit Facepalm Facepalm Thanks Iamnotafraid65

To the entire forum, I am genuinely so sorry I approved this thread without checking the source of these notes, This was a major blunder and fuck-up on my part and as a result, it totally compromises my position as a Range Destroyer. From the bottom of my heart, I am truly sorry. It's not acceptable to have given a thread restart to somebody with such a cavalier mentality as I did. I take full responsibility.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hopscotch on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:11 am

Calm down. No one's getting demoted/banned. With that said, I wholeheartedly agree that this thread would be better off in the hands of someone else besides Iamnotafraid65.
Hopscotch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  flameoflove23424 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:56 pm

Everyone chill out! rofl

flameoflove23424

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:57 am

Wanderlust wrote:Calm down. No one's getting demoted/banned. With that said, I wholeheartedly agree that this thread would be better off in the hands of someone else besides Iamnotafraid65.

Look I know I've fucked up on pretty much every thread I've ever made, but if you just give me this one last chance to show you guys I'm not a waste of space on this forum, then I promise, you won't regret it. And If I do fuck up I'll hand over all of my threads and never make another one again.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:57 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:
Wanderlust wrote:Calm down. No one's getting demoted/banned. With that said, I wholeheartedly agree that this thread would be better off in the hands of someone else besides Iamnotafraid65.

Look I know I've fucked up on pretty much every thread I've ever made, but if you just give me this one last chance to show you guys I'm not a waste of space on this forum, then I promise, you won't regret it. And If I do fuck up I'll hand over all of my threads and never make another one again.

I spent a few minutes checking the notes in the lows section of this thread, and the ones in bold either I'm fairly sure don't exist or aren't worth listing.

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:Recorded low notes:
B2 ("Call Me" live at Warner Germany Acoustic Session 2008, "Carried Away", "Cry for Help", "Don't Question My Heart", "Sad", "Some Day", "You're the Reason", "45")
B♭2 ("Her Name Is Alice", "No More Love", "Simple Man" live 2006, "Some Day", Amaryllis")
A2 ("Silent Goodbye", "Simple Man", live "The Crow & the Butterfly", "What a Shame", "45" live from the Kansas City 2010)
G♯2 ("Call Me" live from the Kansas City 2010, "Don't Question My Heart", "Silent Goodbye")
G2 (The introduction of "45" live from the Kansas City 2010, "Don't Question My Heart", "Her Name Is Alice", "Silent Goodbye")
F♯2 ("Diamond Eyes")
F2 ("What a Shame", "Diamond Eyes", "Shed Some Light" live Davenport 2010)
E2 ("Don't Question My Heart", "Unity", "Shed Some Light")
E♭2 ("Shed Some Light" Live Davenport 2010)
D2 ("Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)")
C♯2 (The introduction of "45" live from the Kansas City 2010, "Bully" live)

Further, you've listed lots of non melodic passages as melodic. You are using both purple and underlines to mark backing vocals. Doesn't it make sense to just use one? Underlines are preferred if you have other colours in the thread.

Some of the notes Timi ptiched are also wrong.
0:19 I think there might be one legit C♯2 there on "alWAYS", though not worth listing imo.
0:30 No D2 there.
0:40 Lowest is G2, I think.

So are you guys just gonna let him keep the thread like this?

Last edited by Karl on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:01 am

Karl wrote:I spent a few minutes checking the notes in the lows section of this thread, and the ones in bold either I'm fairly sure don't exist or aren't worth listing.
Might be helpful to mention which are which if possible, since you may have more stringent than average standards when it comes to judging what's worth listing.

So are you guys just gonna let him keep the thread like this?
I want to wait and see what he does to improve it.
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:Look I know I've fucked up on pretty much every thread I've ever made, but if you just give me this one last chance to show you guys I'm not a waste of space on this forum, then I promise, you won't regret it. And If I do fuck up I'll hand over all of my threads and never make another one again.
Sounds like a very fair deal Handshake
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:43 am

Celice wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:Look I know I've fucked up on pretty much every thread I've ever made, but if you just give me this one last chance to show you guys I'm not a waste of space on this forum, then I promise, you won't regret it. And If I do fuck up I'll hand over all of my threads and never make another one again.
Sounds like a very fair deal Handshake
It's not in his favour. He can't pitch accurately, at least not at the moment.

Celice wrote:
Karl wrote:I spent a few minutes checking the notes in the lows section of this thread, and the ones in bold either I'm fairly sure don't exist or aren't worth listing.
Might be helpful to mention which are which if possible, since you may have more stringent than average standards when it comes to judging what's worth listing.
Lowest in "Don't Question My Heart" are G♯2s, no E2s or G2s.
The spoken passage in "Diamond Eyes" gets down to G2/G♯2, I couldn't find an F♯2, F2 or D2.
Lowest in "What A Shame" are G♯2s, no F2s.

It looks like he got the notes from here. A lot of them are wrong.

"Unity" notes are E3s, no E2s.
"Shed Some Light" has E3s, no E2s.
Live "Bully" C♯2 is a C♯3.

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:E♭2 ("Shed Some Light" Live Davenport 2010)
Couldn't find this one. If it's referring to the spoken bit before the song, I can't pitch that very well, the quality is terrible.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:32 am

Just give me a little to collect more notes, accurate ones and you're all definitely going to see some changes.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:57 am

If you need any help with pitching, feel free to ask.
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:09 pm

Thank you. Smile
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hopscotch on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:49 am

So what is his existent range then? F2-D5?
Hopscotch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top