Trey Parker

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trey Parker

Post  Molandfreak on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:48 pm

CURRENT STATUS: UNFINISHED

Voice Type: Baritenor (Timbre of a baritone, tessitura of a tenor)
Vocal Range: A1-C6

Recorded High Range:

• C6 (''Montage'')
  • B♭5 (''Up There'')
  • A5 (''Jesus vs. Frosty'')
  • G♯5 (''Come Sail Away'', ''It's Easy M'Kay'', ''Up There'')
  • G5 (''Jesus vs. Frosty'', ''Bleeding Heart Rock'')
  • F♯5 (''Everyone Has Aids'', ''My Wishing Tree'', "Mr. Hankey, The Christmas Poo")
  • F5 (''Swiss Colony Beeflog'', ''The Most Offensive Song Ever'', ''Livin' A Lie'')
  • E5 (''Just a Little Girl'', ''I Can Change'', ''The Most Offensive Song Ever'', ''Taco Flavoured Kisses'', "Mr. Hankey, The Christmas Poo", "Old People VHS Intro no. 4", "Old People VHS Intro no. 6")
  • E♭5 (''Believe'', "Old People VHS Intro no. 6")
  • D5 ("Mr. Hankey, The Christmas Poo")
  • C♯5 (''California Love'', ''What Would Brian Boitano Do?'', ''I'm Super'')
  • C5 (''We Can Live Together'', ''She Works Hard for the Money'', ''Everyone Has Aids'', ''Heart Of The Moment'', ''Cthulhu And Cartman Theme Song'', ''Minority Song'', ''Livin' A Lie'', "Mr. Hankey, The Christmas Poo")
  • B4 (''Come Sail Away'', ''Welcome to Canada'', ''Body of Christ'', ''Mountain Town Song'', ''Kyle's Mom's A Bitch'', ''What Would Brian Boitano Do?'', ''I'm Super'', ''Fingerbang'', ''Pokerface'', 'Minority Song'', ''Timmy And The Lords Of The Underworld'', ''I Am Chewbacca'' live, "Old People VHS Intro no. 6")
  • B♭4 (''Everyone Has Aids'', "Man Up" composer demo, ''Oh Sherrie'', ''Livin' A Lie'')
  • A4 (''Mountain Town Song'', ''Uncle Fucker'', ''Kyle's Mom's A Bitch'', ''What Would Brian Boitano Do?'', ''I'm Super'', ''I Can Change'', ''I'm So Ronery'', "Old People VHS Intro no. 5")
  • G♯4 ("Now You're A Man", "Wiener Song")

Recorded Low Range:

• D3 ("Babtize Me" composer demo, "I Swear", "Man Up" composer demo, "Old People VHS Intro no. 1", "Shpadoinkle Day")
  • C♯3 ("Man Up" composer demo, "That's All We're Asking For", "Mr. Hankey, The Christmas Poo")
  • C3 ("Warts On My Dick", "I Swear", "Shpadoinkle Day", "Why Him?", ''I'm So Ronery'')
  • B2 (''The End Of An Act (Pearl Harbour Sucked)'', "Babtize Me" composer demo, "Warts On My Dick", "I Swear" unadjusted, "Man Up" composer demo, "That's All We're Asking For", "Why Him?", "Mr. Hankey, The Christmas Poo")
  • B♭2 (''Up There'', ''Gay Fish'')
  • A2 ("Warts On My Dick", "When I Was On Top Of You"', 'Freedom Isn't Free'', ''The Future Begins With You and Me'', ''The End Of An Act (Pearl Harbour Sucked)'')
  • G♯2 (''I Swear'', "Mr. Hankey, The Christmas Poo")
  • G2 (''Jacking in San Diego'', ''The Hukilau Song'', ''Up There'', ''The End Of An Act (Pearl Harbour Sucked)'', "Warts On My Dick")
  • F♯2 ("Old People VHS Intro no. 1")
  • F2 (''Cash For Gold Song'', ''A Ladder to Heaven'', ''Crab People Chant'')
  • E2 ("Warts On My Dick")
  • C2 (''Crab People Chant'', ''Lemmiwinks vs WikiLeaks'')
  • A1 (''Lemmiwinks vs WikiLeaks'')

.................................................................................................
*Purple marks notes that are in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.
*Green marks harsh, distorted, or fried notes.
*Italics mark non-melodic notes.

Last edited by Molandfreak on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:33 am; edited 12 times in total
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Re: Trey Parker

Post  Molandfreak on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Apologies mods, I didn't realize there was already a thread by an inactive user; it didn't come up in the search function the first time I tried. You can delete this thread. Embarassed

It isn't a total waste, however, as the notes I found were mostly new.
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:55 pm

http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/The+Book+Of+Mormon+Composer+Demo/7228913
I don't know if you checked them all but there should be nice background notes in there
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:30 am

Just wanna say, I updated the OP of the other Trey Parker thread a few months ago and it has a lot of research!
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:31 am

Starman wrote:

Voice Type: Baritenor
Total Range: A1-C6

Significant High Notes:

• C6 (''Montage'')
  • B♭5 (''Up There'')
  • A5 (''Jesus vs. Frosty'')
  • G♯5 (''Come Sail Away'', ''It's Easy M'Kay'', ''Up There'')
  • G5 (''Jesus vs. Frosty'', ''Bleeding Heart Rock'')
  • F♯5 (''Everyone Has Aids'', ''My Wishing Tree'')
  • F5 (''Swiss Colony Beeflog'', ''The Most Offensive Song Ever'', ''Livin' A Lie'')
  • E5 (''Just a Little Girl'', ''I Can Change'', ''The Most Offensive Song Ever'', ''Taco Flavoured Kisses'')
  • E♭5 (''Believe'')
  • C♯5 (''California Love'', ''What Would Brian Boitano Do?'', ''I'm Super'')
  • C5 (''We Can Live Together'', ''She Works Hard for the Money'', ''Everyone Has Aids'', ''Heart Of The Moment'', ''Cthulhu And Cartman Theme Song'', ''Minority Song'', ''Livin' A Lie'')
  • B4 (''Come Sail Away'', ''Welcome to Canada'', ''Body of Christ'', ''Mountain Town Song'', ''Kyle's Mom's A Bitch'', ''What Would Brian Boitano Do?'', ''I'm Super'', ''Fingerbang'', ''Pokerface'', 'Minority Song'', ''Timmy And The Lords Of The Underworld'', ''I Am Chewbacca'' live)
  • B♭4 (''Everyone Has Aids'', ''Oh Sherrie'', ''Livin' A Lie'')
  • A4 (''Mountain Town Song'', ''Uncle Fucker'', ''Kyle's Mom's A Bitch'', ''What Would Brian Boitano Do?'', ''I'm Super'', ''I Can Change'', ''I'm So Ronery'')

Significant Low Notes:

• C3 (''I'm So Ronery'')
  • B2 (''The End Of An Act (Pearl Harbour Sucked)'', ''Warts On Your Dick'')
  • B♭2 (''Up There'', ''Gay Fish'')
  • A2 (''Freedom Isn't Free'', ''The Future Begins With You and Me'', ''The End Of An Act (Pearl Harbour Sucked)'')
  • G♯2 (''I Swear'')
  • G2 (''Jacking in San Diego'', ''The Hukilau Song'', ''Up There'', ''The End Of An Act (Pearl Harbour Sucked)'', ''Warts On Your Dick'')
  • F2 (''Cash For Gold Song'', ''A Ladder to Heaven'', ''Crab People Chant'')
  • E2 (''Warts O Your Dick'')
  • C2 (''Crab People Chant'', ''Lemmiwinks vs Wikileaks'')
  • A1 (''Lemmiwinks vs WikiLeaks'')

*Purple mark notes found in backing vocals/harmonies
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:34 am

I apologize for the confusion, it really was the search function. You could add the new notes I found into the original thread or I'll be happy to copy the other thread into this one since I am an active user.
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:10 am

Oh ya, do what you like Very Happy
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:00 am

Done! Do you think the BASEketball song should be "Warts On Your Dick" though? I was thinking simply BASEketball radio song would make it easier to get to. Razz
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:04 am

I think it appears on the OST as Warts on your dick tbh :/
also F4-G4 probably isn't necessary to be honest, i'd consider G♯4 his money note.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Fri May 15, 2015 1:52 am

How plausible are the notes? I do recall seeing him in studio, recording his voices before it was processed. They do raise the tone of their recordings a little.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkMacek on Sat May 16, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm almost positive that Up There's Bb5 isn't his singing. And I'm pretty sure the Minority song's B4 is pitch-shifted (though I wouldn't doubt that Trey could sing that note.)

DarkMacek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Sat May 16, 2015 6:06 pm

SubjectAlpha wrote:How plausible are the notes? I do recall seeing him in studio, recording his voices before it was processed. They do raise the tone of their recordings a little.
For the kids voices, it's pitched 3 half steps higher than the original. This was confirmed in an interview, so when we find more notes we just need to keep that in mind. Smile
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Sat May 16, 2015 10:51 pm

DarkMacek wrote:I'm almost positive that Up There's Bb5 isn't his singing. And I'm pretty sure the Minority song's B4 is pitch-shifted (though I wouldn't doubt that Trey could sing that note.)

It's not that hard to imagine ''Up There'' being Trey. What gives you the impression that it's pitch-shifted? He cracks his way through that performance (obviously for comedic effect.)

Last edited by Starman on Sun May 17, 2015 1:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Sun May 17, 2015 1:09 am

Molandfreak wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:How plausible are the notes? I do recall seeing him in studio, recording his voices before it was processed. They do raise the tone of their recordings a little.
For the kids voices, it's pitched 3 half steps higher than the original. This was confirmed in an interview, so when we find more notes we just need to keep that in mind. Smile
Oh, alright.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkMacek on Sun May 17, 2015 3:58 am

Starman wrote:
DarkMacek wrote:I'm almost positive that Up There's Bb5 isn't his singing. And I'm pretty sure the Minority song's B4 is pitch-shifted (though I wouldn't doubt that Trey could sing that note.)

It's not that hard to imagine ''Up There'' being Trey. What gives you the impression that it's pitch-shifted? He cracks his way through that performance (obviously for comedic effect.)
I thought I read once that Michael McDonald did the high notes for it. Though that South Park wiki seems to contradict what I'm saying.

DarkMacek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Mon May 16, 2016 3:45 am

His C2s in Crab People Chant are really nice.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top