Steve Winwood

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steve Winwood

Post  Starman on Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:28 pm

Note: Please go here for the current version of this thread.

Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: A2-D6

Significant High Notes:

• D6 ("Heaven Is In Your Mind")
  • B5 ("Berkshire Poppies")
  • A5 ("Berkshire Poppies")
  • G♯5 ("I'm A Man")
  • G5 ("Freedom Rider", "Keep On Running")
  • F♯5 ("Coloured Rain", "Who Knows What Tomorrow May Bring", "Keep On Running", "Well All Right", "Hole In My Shoe")
  • F5 ("Look Away", "My Babe", "Presence Of The Lord")
  • E5 ("Empty Pages", "Gimme Some Lovin'", "Who Knows What Tomorrow May Bring, "Watch Your Step", "Sea Of Joy", "Sleeping In The Ground", "Can't Find My Way Home", "Mean Woman Blues", "I Hope I Never Find Me There", "Smiling Phases")
  • E♭5 ("Who Knows What Tomorrow May Bring", "Presence Of The Lord", "Hole In My Shoe")
  • D5 ("Freedom Rider", "Had To Cry Today", "Presence Of The Lord", "I'm A Man","Look Away", "You Must Believe Me", "Watch Your Step", "My Babe", "Dimples", "Well All Right", "I'm A Man", "Here Right Now", "Midnight Train", "Mean Woman Blues", "Smiling Phases", "Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush")
  • C♯5 ("Dear Mr. Fantasy", "Had To Cry Today", "Who Knows What Tomorrow May Bring", "Keep On Running", "Sea Of Joy", "I Can't Stand It", "It's Gonna Work Out Fine")
  • C5 ("Berkshire Poppies", "Dear Mr. Fantasy", "Freedom Rider", "Georgia On My Mind", "Had To Cry Today", "Paper Sun", "Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out", "Keep On Running", "Let Me Down Easy", "Strong Love", "You Must Believe Me", "Hey Darling", "Watch Your Step", "My Babe", "Dimples", "Searchin'", "Presence Of The Lord", "Under My Thumb" (live in Hyde Park 1969), "Can't Find My Way Home" (live in Hyde Park), "Dirty City", "Roll With It", "Here Right Now", "Jump Back", It's Gonna Work Out Fine", "Midnight Train", "It Hurts Me So", "Together 'Til The End Of Time", "Take This Hurt Off Me", "High Time Baby", "Just Wanna Have Some Fun", "Family Affair", "Smiling Phases")
  • B4 ("Berkshire Poppies", "Dear Mr. Fantasy", "Empty Pages", "Freedom Rider", "Georgia On My Mind", "Gimme Some Lovin'", "Had To Cry Today", "Who Knows What Tomorrow May Bring", "Time Is Running Out", "Midland Maniac", "This Hammer", "Let Me Down Easy", "Watch Your Step", "Well All Right", "Sleeping In The Ground", "While You See The Chance", "Sea Of Joy", "Sleeping In The Ground", "Jump Back", "It's Gonna Work Out Fine", "Mean Woman Blues", "Spy In The House Of Love", "Fill Me Up", "Gotta Get Back To My Baby", "Hole In My Shoe", "Dealer", "I Hope I Never Find Me There", "Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush")
  • B♭4 ("Paper Sun", "Empty Pages", "Heaven Is In Your Mind", "Shanghai Noodle Factory", "Had To Cry Today", "Hold On", "Please Do Something", "You Must Believe Me", "Every Little Bit Hurts", "I Can't Stand It", "Here Right Now", "Midnight Train", "Together 'Til The End Of Time", "When A Man Loves A Woman", "When I Come Home", "High Time Baby", "Angel Of Mercy", "Just Wanna Have Some Fun", "Let Your Love Come Down", "Family Affair", "Plenty Lovin'")
  • A4 ("Dear Mr. Fantasy", "Keep On Running", "No Face, No Name, No Number", "Coloured Rain", "Paper Sun", "Freedom Rider", "Empty Pages", "Heaven Is In Your Mind", "Shanghai Noodle Factory", "Valerie", "Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out", "Night Train", "Hold On", "Time Is Running Out", "Midland Maniac", "Vacant Chair", "Let Me Make Something In Your Life", "Keep On Running", "This Hammer", "Georgia On My Mind", "Please Do Something", "Let Me Down Easy", "Strong Love", "Watch Your Step", "Searchin'", "Back In The High Life Again", "Well All Right", "Presence Of The Lord", "Sea Of Joy", "Sleeping In The Ground", "Under My Thumb" (live in Hyde Park 1969), "Keep On Running", Jump Back", "It Hurts Me So", "When A Man Loves A Woman", "When I Come Home", "Somebody Help Me", "Secrets", "Fly", "Higher Love", "Spy In The House Of Love", "Angel Of Mercy", "Just Wanna Have Some Fun", "Let Your Love Come Down", "Fill Me Up", "Gotta Get Back To My Baby", "Someone Like You", "Lord Of The Street", "Dealer", "I Hope I Never Find Me There", "Smiling Phases", "We're A Fade, You Missed This")

Significant Low Notes:

• E3 ("John Barleycorn",  "Empty Pages", "Heaven Is In Your Mind", "Vacant Chair", "Let Me Down Easy", "Strong Love", "Watch Your Step", "(Roamin' Thro' The Gloamin' With) 40,000 Headmen", "It Hurts Me So", "Neighbour Neighbour", "Secrets", "Raging Sea", "Fly", "I'm Not Drowning", "Angel Of Mercy", "Fill Me Up")
  • E♭3 ("Hey Darling", "Other Shores")
  • D3 ("Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out", "Look Away, "Hey Darling", "John Barleycorn", "Neighbour Neighbour", "Other Shores", "Fly", "I'm Not Drowning", "Higher Love", "Spy In The House Of Love", "Real Love")
  • C3 ("Hey Darling", "Dimples", "Let Your Love Come Down", "Family Affair")
  • B2 ("Hey Darling")
  • A2 ("Dimples")

*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Original thread by B6

Was given B6's permission to restart this one. I wanna do it properly because Winwood is one of my top 10 favourite singers of all time.
Will likely be bring his SLN up to F3/F♯3. Shouldn't take long, but his Traffic Discography will take a while to filter through.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Steve Winwood

Post  Nick Drake on Sun May 10, 2015 9:01 am

MAYBE we can change the picture.

Recommendations:

Nick Drake
Banned By Request

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChillShaman on Sun May 10, 2015 9:54 pm

Nick Drake wrote:MAYBE we can change the picture.

Recommendations:

I dunno man, I kinda like the current one
ChillShaman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Drake on Sun May 10, 2015 11:03 pm

Ollie wrote:
Nick Drake wrote:MAYBE we can change the picture.

Recommendations:

I dunno man, I kinda like the current one
It's a good picture, it's just so small.
Nick Drake
Banned By Request

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Sun May 10, 2015 11:32 pm

I'm certain I've found a bigger version of the same pic somewhere else.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Drake on Sun May 10, 2015 11:32 pm

That would be nice.
Nick Drake
Banned By Request

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpaw1982 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:12 am

I don't think "Roll With It" has any C5s, at least not that I can remember off the top of my head. Aren't they B4 + a quarter of a step sharp?

jpaw1982

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChillShaman on Tue May 03, 2016 2:41 am

I love this guy, but this thread is incredibly bloated at the moment. Five different SHN for Presence of the Lord, and Had to Cry Today, and SEVEN for Keep on Running??
ChillShaman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top