Jimi Hendrix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jimi Hendrix

Post  Holsety on Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:46 pm

Note: Please go here for the current version of this thread.

Vocal Range: F♯2 - E5

Significant high notes:

E5 ("Fire", "Foxey Lady")
E♭5 ("Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)", "Little Miss Lover" live BBC, "Manic Depression")
D5 ("51st Anniversary", "I Don’t Live Today", "Long Hot Summer Night", "Stone Free")
C♯5 ("Manic Depression")
C5 ("Crosstown Traffic", "Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)", "House Burning Down", "Machine Gun" live Filmore East 1970, "Still Raining, Still Dreaming", "Who Knows" live Band of Gypsys)
B4 ("51st Anniversary", "Foxey Lady")
B♭4 ("All Along The Watchtower", "Catfish Blues" live BBC, "Crosstown Traffic", "Day Tripper" live BBC, "Long Hot Summer Night")
A4 ("Can You See Me", "Fire", "Foxey Lady", "Hear My Train a Comin'" live at the Forum, "Hey Joe", "I Don’t Live Today", "Johnny B. Goode" live 5/3/70, "Long Hot Summer Night", "Love Or Confusion", "Machine Gun", "Purple Haze")
G♯4 ("1983... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)", "Are You Experienced?", "Gypsy Eyes", "Highway Chile", "Hound Dog" live BBC, "House Burning Down", "(I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man", "Killing Floor" live Monterey Pop Festival, "Manic Depression", "Red House", "Remember")
G4 ("51st Anniversary", "All Along The Watchtower", "Burning Of The Midnight Lamp", "Come On (Let The Good Times Roll)", "Crosstown Traffic", "Hey Joe", "Love Or Confusion", "Purple Haze",  "Stone Free", Voodoo Chile)
F♯4 ("1983... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)", "51st Anniversary", "Can You See Me", "Foxey Lady", "May This Be Love", "Remember", "Still Raining, Still Dreaming")

Significant low notes:

C3 ("May This Be Love")
B2 ("Are You Experienced?",  "Stone Free")
B♭2 ("12 String Blues/Hear My Train A Comin’")
A2 ("51st Anniversary")
G2 ("12 String Blues/Hear My Train A Comin’")
F♯2 ("Foxey Lady", "If 6 Was 9", "Rainy Day, Dream Away")

*Italics mark non-melodic notes or rather short ones.

I’m trying to focus on his most quality singing, and I found myself repeating some of these songs quite a bit considering the way he sings the earlier songs, and also thanks to my adding F♯4s.

I'm leaving this here for now, still need to finish his studio albums and explore some live material.
Holsety
Admin

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top