Louis Tomlinson

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Louis Tomlinson

Post  Antler on Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:57 am

Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: A2 - D5

Significant high notes:
D5 ("Alone at a Drive-In Movie")
C5 (''Alive'', "Alone at a Drive-In Movie", ''Rock Me'', "Rock Me" live)
B4 (''Back For You'', ''Magic'', ''Still The One'')
A♯4 ("Alive", "Fool's Gold", "Magic")
A4 ("Back For You", ''Better Than Words'', ''Don't Forget Where You Belong'', ''Happily'', "Happily" acoustic, "Kids In America'', ''Kiss You'', ''Live While We're Young'', "Midnight Memories", ''Moments'', "No Control", ''One Thing'', ''Over Again'', ''She's The One'', ''Strong'', "Summer Love", "Where Do Broken Hearts Go")
G♯4 ("I Would", ''Kiss You'', "Last First Kiss", ''Little Black Dress'', "Little Black Dress" live, "Midnight Memories", "Na Na Na", "No Control", ''Rock Me'', ''She's The One'', "Story Of My Life'', "Summer Love", "Where Do Broken Hearts Go")
G4 ("Better Than Words", "Chasing Cars", "Clouds", "Does He Know?", ''Don't Forget Where You Belong'', "Fireproof", "I Want", ''Kids In America'', "Little White Lies", ''More Than This'', ''Nobody Knows'', "Strong", "Teenage Dirtbag", "Use Somebody", "Why Don't We Go There")

Significant low notes:
E3 ("Back For You", "I Would", "Last First Kiss", "Little Things", "Little White Lies", "One Thing", "One Way or Another (Teenage Kicks)", ''Only Girl In The World'', "Spaces", "Stand Up", "Stockholm Syndrome", "Strong", "Summer Love" live, "Through the Dark", "Truly, Madly, Deeply")
E♭3 ("C'mon C'mon", "Fireproof", "Once in a Lifetime", ''Right Now'', "She's Not Afraid", "Story of My Life", "Teenage Dirtbag")
D3 ("Change My Mind", ''Heroes'', "Little Things", "Loved You First", "Once in a Lifetime", "Ready To Run", "Strong", "Teenage Dirtbag", ''Total Eclipse Of The Heart'')
D♭3 ("Stand Up", ''Through the Dark'', ''Your Song'')
C3 ("Half A Heart", ''Little White Lies'', "Once in a Lifetime", "Strong'', ''Truly, Madly, Deeply'')
B2 (''Still the One'')
A2 (''Strong'')

*Purple marks notes in harmonies and backing vocals.
*Blue marks non-modal notes.
Antler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Louis Tomlinson

Post  Lurex on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:37 am

even though he's one of the worst singers in 1d (his phrasing sucks, but niall is incapable of singing on pitch) he has a really nice solo in Moments.  his high larynx and over articulated sound have always bugged me, but for once they actually gave him a line that's more in tune with where his voice is naturally placed and he sounds really good.

1:57

this is a perfect example of why you shouldnt make tenors sing baritone.  this is really the only example i can find of louis singing and sounding comfortable in the range they gave him, and rather than sound like an awkward pop singer, he has a great young innocent tone that really haunts.

another great example is on Alive.  all of 1d sings in their higher register for this song (excluding harry, who doesnt get a solo) and i would say that louis is nearly on par with zayn here (i know, right?) for the strongest highs.

1:40
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:28 am

B♭4, C♯3 please. Wink
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:47 am

that is the dumbest fucking rule and i hate that anybody would go out of there way to point out something as trivial as that. this has been discussed before many times but it's such an asinine thing -- they're literally the same goddamn thing no matter how you write it, so don't waste your time -- nobody is going to notice either way unless you take the time out of your day to make it a big deal.
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandblasted on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:01 am

Absolutely agreed - as the long as the note itself is pitched correctly is what matters; regardless of which enharmonic is used.
Sandblasted

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Blastdude

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:29 pm

RANGE THREAD 101 wrote:Most threads list notes this way to avoid confusion: A, B♭, B, C, C♯, D, E♭, E, F, F♯, G, G♯.
Personally I have no problem with it
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:00 am

who the fuck is going to get confused

please don't take time out of your day to point out something so trivial. post in a thread if you're interested in the singer. if you want to get german about it, take it to a rules thread and have your obsessive compulsive circle jerk over there.
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:11 am

FUCKING SCONED MATE, FUCKING SCONED!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNN B♭4 = A♯4?!  MORE LIKE MOLAND GETS SCONED, PEAAAACCCCEE
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:55 pm

I'm pretty sure this guy is full of interesting high notes hidden in harmonies and obscured in the mix. Too bad their stuff is overproduced. And yeah, he fucking kills it in Alive, he rarely gets decent solos. His voice doesn't fit for the things they make him do, poor fella. I wouldn't rule him out as 'bad singer', though. He just didn't have the right chances.
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:00 am

i totally agree, that's a great assessment of his voice/situation
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content