feargm's Singing Thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: feargm's Singing Thread

Post  Harmony on Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:10 pm

I'm mostly interested in listening to your linkin park covers, will update this when I check it all out.

Edit #1:I don't know how it all works out for a bass or low baritone, but I think you could do way better like you mean the singing with more projection, I've seen people with deep voices cover insane stuff on YouTube, I think as a bass you should be able to get E4-F4 in terms of chest, that's like a C5-D5 for a tenor, just sing it like you mean it, I'm gonna check out your other covers later and update it.

Edit #2: You were starting to have a decent tone on In the end at some parts, keep going, I think that linkin park stuff will be really challenging for you to attempt, I'm curious about the final outcome of a decent vocal development in your case, keep us posted!

Last edited by Harmony on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:11 pm

Harmony wrote:I'm mostly interested in listening to your linkin park covers, will update this when I check it all out.
I don't know how it all works out for a bass or low baritone, but I think you could do way better like you mean the singing with more projection, I've seen people with deep voices cover insane stuff on YouTube, I think as a bass you should be able to get E4-F4 in terms of chest, that's like a C5-D5 for a tenor, just sing it like you mean it, I'm gonna check out your other covers later and update it.

With chest you mean modal/full voice right?
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:32 pm

Dead Reb wrote:
Harmony wrote:I'm mostly interested in listening to your linkin park covers, will update this when I check it all out.
I don't know how it all works out for a bass or low baritone, but I think you could do way better like you mean the singing with more projection, I've seen people with deep voices cover insane stuff on YouTube, I think as a bass you should be able to get E4-F4 in terms of chest, that's like a C5-D5 for a tenor, just sing it like you mean it, I'm gonna check out your other covers later and update it.

With chest you mean modal/full voice right?
no, we mean chest. "take that pike matton"  Pff
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:38 pm

man you had to bring that up HAHAHAHAHHAHAH
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:01 am

Dead Reb wrote:man you had to bring that up HAHAHAHAHHAHAH
God bless USA
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tohanov on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Man, what a deep voice! With that voice, how come you haven't covered any of Type O Negative's songs yet?!

tohanov

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tohanov on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:05 pm

Btw what's your highest note in headvoice?

tohanov

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  glds on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:06 am

Hey buddy you ever interested in doing a collab cover? I'd love to work with you sometime.

glds
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  feargm on Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:02 am

I haven't checked for replies in a while, apologies.

Prince Crack Alexander wrote:watcha say about the cover feargm?
was it that bad? Sad

No, but I do think singing in the original octave would've fit your voice better. Once more I'm very happy that you liked my cover that much, thank you!

Edit #1:I don't know how it all works out for a bass or low baritone, but I think you could do way better like you mean the singing with more projection, I've seen people with deep voices cover insane stuff on YouTube, I think as a bass you should be able to get E4-F4 in terms of chest, that's like a C5-D5 for a tenor, just sing it like you mean it, I'm gonna check out your other covers later and update it.

Edit #2: You were starting to have a decent tone on In the end at some parts, keep going, I think that linkin park stuff will be really challenging for you to attempt, I'm curious about the final outcome of a decent vocal development in your case, keep us posted!

Thank you very much for the constructive criticism, I appreciate that a lot. I plan on updating some of those Linkin Park covers with time, with better mixing and some re-recordings. I've unfortunately been really busy with other affairs lately, though.

tohanov wrote:Man, what a deep voice! With that voice, how come you haven't covered any of Type O Negative's songs yet?!

I absolutely adore Type O Negative, and do want to cover at least one song of theirs someday. Having heard their entire discography, I have a few in mind, although I haven't done so yet because I've focused in other projects, and while I very much enjoy listening to Type O Negative, I just don't find their material as fun to sing as the stuff I tend to regularly perform.

tohanov wrote:Btw what's your highest note in headvoice?

I think it's something around G♯4 but I sound like I'm dying.

gaylorddicksucker wrote:Hey buddy you ever interested in doing a collab cover? I'd love to work with you sometime.

I'm very much up for a collab. Thank you for asking!
feargm

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/feargm

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:47 am

[quote="feargm"]I haven't checked for replies in a while, apologies.

was it that bad? Sad

No, but I do think singing in the original octave would've fit your voice better. Once more I'm very happy that you liked my cover that much, thank you!

lol no you really don't wanna hear me singing the whole thing in the 4th octave like matt not to mention that C5 over there, I would sound shit like a dieing cat (like demi for example)
believe it or not but I have pretty much the same tessitura as you, maybe abit higher. I feel comfort in the C3-B3 area, can hit easily dem 2nd octave notes and D4 is like my highest good note, over D sharp it's too mixed and strained
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:57 am

Prince Crack Alexander wrote:
feargm wrote:I haven't checked for replies in a while, apologies.

was it that bad? Sad

lol no you really don't wanna hear me singing the whole thing in the 4th octave like matt not to mention that C5 over there, I would sound shit like a dieing cat (like demi for example)
believe it or not but I have pretty much the same tessitura as you, maybe abit higher. I feel comfort in the C3-B3 area, can hit easily dem 2nd octave notes and D4 is like my highest good note, over D sharp it's too mixed and strained
Honestly, it sounds like your voice is just heavily undeveloped then. You really don't sound that comfortable in the same areas as feargm, and you sounded more awkward than me when I do the lower stuff. Work on your upper range more dude, because I have a feeling you can surprise yourself with how much untapped potential you have in your upper range. Yeah!
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:34 am

I really don't know what you guys want, singing low (mostly in the 2nd octave is very easy for me) my speaking voice is already there so I just need to make it abit melodic and that's it. when I was younger and was just singing for messing around my range was like C2-B3. seriously my highest chest note was like only B3 max so I'm pretty sure singing the lower register is very easy for me, that's why I got confused that I was bass. I do agree that my upper range need work and not full developed yet but I'm kinda working it on I guess, already made it from B3 to D4 Very Happy I never took any singing lessons nor now so I guess I'm taking it slowly
http://picosong.com/6yL6/ this one for example, some low singing, what's exactly sounds awkward about it? scratch
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:44 am

Prince Crack Alexander wrote:I really don't know what you guys want, singing low (mostly in the 2nd octave is very easy for me) my speaking voice is already there so I just need to make it abit melodic and that's it. when I was younger and was just singing for messing around my range was like C2-B3. seriously my highest chest note was like only B3 max so I'm pretty sure singing the lower register is very easy for me, that's why I got confused that I was bass. I do agree that my upper range need work and not full developed yet but I'm kinda working it on I guess, already made it from B3 to D4 Very Happy I never took any singing lessons nor now so I guess I'm taking it slowly
http://picosong.com/6yL6/ this one for example, some low singing, what's exactly sounds awkward about it? scratch
Hmmm, this sounds more convincing than the Chapter Four cover. However, I think your voice needs more adjustments than just your high range. Your fry seems too disconnected to drag it as low as you needed in this cover. The lowest note just sort of deflated, and flubbed out into a crackly nano-note lol. Singing low isn't exactly my thing, but when I do it I make sure my fry can be carried where I need first. You need to have a solid mix going for your low range.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:22 pm

..? it's not fry demdem it's definitely ful vos. maybe because it's low you get the illusion but it's not, even dat G1 at the end
why aren't we talking at my cover thread Embarassed
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re:feargm's Singing Thread

Post  MrMellon21 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:34 pm

I know he might be a little out of your comfort zone, not too far out, but have you seen\heard anything by Terrance Zdunich? Just a guy that you remind me of vocally.
MrMellon21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  feargm on Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:52 am

Ultra late response, but I hadn't heard of him until this comment. Awesome vocals!

I'm ditching my bass vocals also, recent examples:
1. http://picosong.com/ZXdP/
2. http://picosong.com/xCvC/
3. http://picosong.com/zqUe/
4. http://picosong.com/B7Za/

Starting with mostly Green Day, 'cause their stuff doesn't require too much range to perform.
feargm

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/feargm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top