Patricius' singing thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Patricius' singing thread

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:00 am

This is the "The Calling" "Wherever You Will Go" cover that I posted on the old Covers section.
xxx

And this is a Brazilian song where I sing low all the way through, if anyone can pitch where it bottoms I'd be thankful.
xxx

Any opinions on the songs above would be appreciated.


Last edited by Patricius Satanae on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Buh-Red on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:35 am

Rodrigo wrote:
And this is a Brazilian song where I sing low all the way through, if anyone can pitch where it bottoms I'd be thankful.
http://picosong.com/4Kus/

Any opinions on the songs above would be appreciated.

lowest is like an Eb2 which is strong

overall i'd say it was pretty good, maybe be a bit more relaxed; make it sound effortless like your almost sighing out the notes it'd sound so sexy

Buh-Red

Posts : 3840
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : Bannock-ham Palace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:31 am

Super Bread wrote:
lowest is like an Eb2 which is strong

overall i'd say it was pretty good, maybe be a bit more relaxed; make it sound effortless like your almost sighing out the notes it'd sound so sexy
Thanks for the answer! The breathiness thing is something I might try in the future, don't know quite how to do it (maybe just use less power) but it's worth to give it a shot.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Zedd Squared on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:38 pm

Haven't listened to the 2nd cover yet, but you sound quite pitchy on Wherever You Will Go. Dropping the octave seems to require you to force out the lowest pitches a bit, and your phrasing suffers as a result. You have a nice heavy tone for sure, but try singing it in the original octave and really pay attention to getting the pitches in the melody exact. You of course CAN sing it lower but if it isn't comfortable yet you should work on sculpting a more comfortable part of your range first before pushing it lower or higher.
avatar
Zedd Squared
Admin

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2012-09-03
Age : 21
Location : Blashyrkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:15 pm

Whackooyzero wrote:Haven't listened to the 2nd cover yet, but you sound quite pitchy on Wherever You Will Go. Dropping the octave seems to require you to force out the lowest pitches a bit, and your phrasing suffers as a result. You have a nice heavy tone for sure, but try singing it in the original octave and really pay attention to getting the pitches in the melody exact. You of course CAN sing it lower but if it isn't comfortable yet you should work on sculpting a more comfortable part of your range first before pushing it lower or higher.

Thanks for the thought!

Edit: Nevermind my previous answer about pitchiness, I didn't know what the word "pitchy" meant.

I did this cover in a rushed way and listening again it actually sounds kinda off tune / flat / pitchy on the lower parts. Singing on the original octave would be too hard because I sound almost falsettish at D4-E4, but maybe with more attention to the melody and a better adaptation to my voice it could sound better.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:20 am

Two more covers here

First one showcasing a few "high" notes (retake on Michelle Branch - Everywhere) -I'd like to know the highest note I hit here-
xxx

Second one is a talky Leonard Cohen cover containing some lows
xxx

Any insight is appreciated!


Last edited by Patricius Satanae on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Ryugen on Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:03 pm

Rodrigo wrote:Two more covers here

First one showcasing a few "high" notes (retake on Michelle Branch - Everywhere) -I'd like to know the highest note I hit here-
http://picosong.com/VFwz/

Second one is a talky Leonard Cohen cover containing some lows
http://picosong.com/VF3Y/

Any insight is appreciated!

You sing a few C4's a bit flat and then a Db4 also a bit flat later. The Db4 near the end was almost good if you had it on pitch. They all should have been Db4's... So you were over a semitone off for some of them.
avatar
Ryugen
Banned

Posts : 433
Join date : 2014-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:52 am

Ryugen wrote:
You sing a few C4's a bit flat and then a Db4 also a bit flat later. The Db4 near the end was almost good if you had it on pitch. They all should have been Db4's... So you were over a semitone off for some of them.

Wow, that's pretty high for my usual standards, I guess that I'm getting less uncomfortable at C4-D4 area notes now. That's a challenging song for me (I've sung it in the past and it wasn't good), especially because its an adaptation from a woman singing it. Are those off-pitch notes my only mistakes in your opinion?

Also what did you think of the other song?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:27 am

I'd like to know how close of an emulation to the original vocals this is... and what is the lowest note hit in this piece of song (my almost-cover).
Glad to anyone that can help or give an opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ysw-A3Z4mWA#t=296
xxx


Last edited by Patricius Satanae on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  oktavism.com on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:48 am

Your low range sounds good; as others have said, just try to relax a little more. I think especially for the genres and music you're pursuing, a more relaxed sound is better. Seu Jorge is a great example, see the first of this clip:


Or...

oktavism.com

Posts : 208
Join date : 2014-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  oktavism.com on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:58 am

Rodrigo wrote:I'd like to know how close of an emulation to the original vocals this is... and what is the lowest note hit in this piece of song (my almost-cover).
Glad to anyone that can help or give an opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ysw-A3Z4mWA#t=296
http://picosong.com/Vk2E/

Lowest note is C#2.

I don't think the emulation is very close, since the original is more growling/screaming with a lot of effects layered. It would be fairly impossible to get that layered/growly sound with just straight vocals.

oktavism.com

Posts : 208
Join date : 2014-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:15 am

oktavism.com wrote:Your low range sounds good; as others have said, just try to relax a little more. I think especially for the genres and music you're pursuing, a more relaxed sound is better. Seu Jorge is a great example, see the first of this clip:

Thanks! Just listened and they're definitely good examples! I carry this very heavy tone from the doomy metal songs I used to sing all the time (as you saw below in my Funeral cover -I love those heavy melodies-), so I ended up bringing it into that light Brazilian song.

On the Leonard Cohen song on the other hand I tried to sing in a lighter/more whispered way and I thought it fit a little bit better a lighter song.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  oktavism.com on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:24 am

Rodrigo wrote:
oktavism.com wrote:Your low range sounds good; as others have said, just try to relax a little more. I think especially for the genres and music you're pursuing, a more relaxed sound is better. Seu Jorge is a great example, see the first of this clip:

Thanks! Just listened and they're definitely good examples! I carry this very heavy tone from the doomy metal songs I used to sing all the time (as you saw below in my Funeral cover -I love those heavy melodies-), so I ended up bringing it into that light Brazilian song.

On the Leonard Cohen song on the other hand I tried to sing in a lighter/more whispered way and I thought it fit a little bit better a lighter song.

And again, since you are interested in several different genres, a heavier, more forced tone may be more appropriate for songs in certain genres. I like Seu Jorge's tone, since he enunciates clearly and doesn't get whispery to the point of losing resonance, but at the same time maintains a nice soft sound that isn't forced.

oktavism.com

Posts : 208
Join date : 2014-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Shikkaku on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:09 am

Rodrigo wrote:I'd like to know how close of an emulation to the original vocals this is... and what is the lowest note hit in this piece of song (my almost-cover).
Glad to anyone that can help or give an opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ysw-A3Z4mWA#t=296
http://picosong.com/Vk2E/

That sounded demonic!

BTW, why did you blocked me on FB? Sad
avatar
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

Posts : 1183
Join date : 2013-05-02
Age : 23
Location : Vinnland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Lurex on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:47 am

LOL every post you make always has an ounce of cringe in it. i thought you were gonna be fine, then you turned the post around like "wait a minute i forgot"
avatar
Lurex

Posts : 3124
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:46 am

Shikkaku wrote:
Rodrigo wrote:I'd like to know how close of an emulation to the original vocals this is... and what is the lowest note hit in this piece of song (my almost-cover).
Glad to anyone that can help or give an opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ysw-A3Z4mWA#t=296
http://picosong.com/Vk2E/

That sounded demonic!

BTW, why did you blocked me on FB? Sad

Thanks for the "compliment"! : P

That was because you suddenly became aggressive to me here on TRP... But I unblocked you now.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Shikkaku on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:50 am

People's inhability to understand my irony is entertaining. If you felt offended by some of my posts, I'm truly sorry, but by far - it wasn't my intention. Like, for real.
avatar
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

Posts : 1183
Join date : 2013-05-02
Age : 23
Location : Vinnland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:54 am

Shikkaku wrote:People's inhability to understand my irony is entertaining. If you felt offended by some of my posts, I'm truly sorry, but by far - it wasn't my intention. Like, for real.

No problems, man. Handshake
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:54 am

xxx


Last edited by Rodrigo on Sat May 02, 2015 3:54 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Ryugen on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:34 pm

Your pitch is all over the place.
avatar
Ryugen
Banned

Posts : 433
Join date : 2014-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patricius' singing thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum